[ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean-Epic 4G [Unofficial][Build v8.0]

Search This thread

xfilemanx

Jun 2, 2011
Kansas City
Anyone try the FaceLock yet?
It was working when I was on the Epic Modem......I decided to switch over to the NS4G modem......and now it doesn't work......
No biggie really, just thought I'd throw it out there. Strikes me as odd the modem would have some kind of a direct dealing with the FaceLock...
Oh....and yes the NS4G works perfect on 4.0 :D
Thanx again to all the awesome Devs :good::good::good:

DynamicN

Jan 8, 2013
Reno
1) I had the ROM fresh, i.e. I hadn't touched anything after I boot and quick toogle tiles doesn't appear when I press the toggle button in notif drawer. And of course, lockscreen settings isn't touched at all, too. I'm not into too much customizations.
2) I mean, @didhiy's changed the "Galaxy S / CyanogenMod" 2nd boot screen to a (maybe) personally (but very badly, seriously) done picture mix. Check it out yourself. Not a big deal to me, as I already hate Voodoo and will flash a kernel from the latest CM nightly the instant I detect Voodoo Color's existence. That will get rid of the pic. But for you Voodoo / NS4G lovers, I still want to shout out to @didhiy to revert the change. Maybe you can do it.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

2nd boot screen is PRIOR to the bootanimation.zip I can typically replace with Root Explorer or ROM Toolbox. It's in the kernel.
On normal CM builds it says:
=====================
=======GALAXY S=======
=====Cyanogen(mod)=====
=====================

And same thing goes for @didhiy's kernel as of 0401. But this time in the latest kernel there goes a poorly PSed picture. I don't see why... :)

1) For the quick toggle tiles go to System Settings > Interface > Notification Drawer > Quick Settings Panel and make sure it is set to "Enabled." Also under the "Quick Settings Panel" is many options to customize how it works such as Quick Pulldown, Quick Pulldown Without Notifications and Quick Settings Style. For the Lockscreen settings go into System Settings > Interface > Lock Screen and under "Background" change it to "Color Fill" or a "Custom Image" of your choice. Please give this a try and report back if you have time. Your feedback is much appreciated.

2) That second boot screen isn't Didhiy's fault/doing. I put that in myself because I saw Pacman had it, I liked it so I pulled it and boot it into Slim 4. When I tested myself it booted fine 3 times in a row with no problems/hiccups. There is no voodoo color in this rom or kernel because I myself have had bad experience with it.

If you could give this rom another chance doing what I stated above and remove the bootanimation I'd appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

toggle tiles seem to be working for me ... :fingers-crossed: :p
you can replace bootanimation yourself if you'd like ... :rolleyes: ( I use ROM Toolbox Pro ) ;) :cool: :D

Thank you for confirming toggle tiles work:victory:

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

I'm luvin 4.0 man.......been rock solid since I plugged it in the other day.......

Sent from my SUPER SLIM 4.0 ;)

Glad to hear it's working well for you:)

The hw search button won't launch google now. Build 4

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

System Settings > Interface > Hardware Keys> Enable custom actions. Change to whatever you like and reboot.

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasLTE

kstephens98

Apr 29, 2009
unfortunately back, home, and menu are only customizable. Search is not :( found an app to remap it, but lost haptic feedback on that button only:confused:

DynamicN

Jan 8, 2013
Reno
Anyone try the FaceLock yet?
It was working when I was on the Epic Modem......I decided to switch over to the NS4G modem......and now it doesn't work......
No biggie really, just thought I'd throw it out there. Strikes me as odd the modem would have some kind of a direct dealing with the FaceLock...
Oh....and yes the NS4G works perfect on 4.0 :D
Thanx again to all the awesome Devs :good::good::good:

You are correct, the modem wouldn't effect the Facelock feature. My guess is the ns4g kernel is the culprit. The Epic modem kernel, that I put into this ROM, would have had to be replaced with a ns4g compatible kernel in order for the ns4g modem to work. By no means am I bashing the ns4g kernel you flashed (I know the amount of work it takes to create this stuff lol) I'm just stating what I think is the culprit.

unfortunately back, home, and menu are only customizable. Search is not :( found an app to remap it, but lost haptic feedback on that button only:confused:

I can confirm this after now trying it and you are correct. I will look into it.

Edit: Try downloading Google Search from the Play Store then it should work.

Edit 2: I just tested it and it looks like the hardware Search button all the way to the right does not work. As a temporary workaround you can add a Google Now widget/shortcut to the home screen.

Last edited:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
1) For the quick toggle tiles go to System Settings > Interface > Notification Drawer > Quick Settings Panel and make sure it is set to "Enabled." Also under the "Quick Settings Panel" is many options to customize how it works such as Quick Pulldown, Quick Pulldown Without Notifications and Quick Settings Style. For the Lockscreen settings go into System Settings > Interface > Lock Screen and under "Background" change it to "Color Fill" or a "Custom Image" of your choice. Please give this a try and report back if you have time. Your feedback is much appreciated.

2) That second boot screen isn't Didhiy's fault/doing. I put that in myself because I saw Pacman had it, I liked it so I pulled it and boot it into Slim 4. When I tested myself it booted fine 3 times in a row with no problems/hiccups. There is no voodoo color in this rom or kernel because I myself have had bad experience with it.

If you could give this rom another chance doing what I stated above and remove the bootanimation I'd appreciate it.

Um, okay, I'll give it another shot today. With so many similarly feature'd 4.2.x ROMs to choose from, I have to choose really hard and let's see if Slim can be a nice competitor :D

Sent from Xperia Mini Pro SK17i @ CM10.1

Reactions: DynamicN

hondafreak513

Jan 22, 2013
Williamsburg
I just installed this ROM in my moms phone and when we try to make a call it says to turn off airplane mode.. But airplane mode is turned off.. I'm wondering if it has the wrong radio installed.. I just came from the pacman rom..

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

DynamicN

Jan 8, 2013
Reno
Um, okay, I'll give it another shot today. With so many similarly feature'd 4.2.x ROMs to choose from, I have to choose really hard and let's see if Slim can be a nice competitor :D

Sent from Xperia Mini Pro SK17i @ CM10.1

Thank you for giving Slim another chance, hope it has everything you need in a rom:fingers-crossed:

I just installed this ROM in my moms phone and when we try to make a call it says to turn off airplane mode.. But airplane mode is turned off.. I'm wondering if it has the wrong radio installed.. I just came from the pacman rom..

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

Are you on an Epic radio or ns4g radio? Did you wipe cache, dalvik cache, data and system before flashing Slim?

DynamicN

Jan 8, 2013
Reno
I am using the ns4g radio LF2 and yes I wiped everything 3x...

Did you flash the swap2nexus modem zip and a ns4g radio compatible kernel?

If you're on ns4g radio coming from another Rom here is the proper procedure:

1) Reboot to recovery and make a backup
2) Wipe cache, dalvik cache, data, and system
3) Flash Slim Rom http://d-h.st/9II
4) Flash Slim Gapps 4.2.2 Buld 4 http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/all/viewcategory/24-addons/downloads/all
5) Flash Swap2nexusmodem.zip http://goo.im/devs/effsi/Misc/Swap2NexusMdm.zip
6) Flash ns4g kernel http://goo.im/devs/didhiy/sph-d700_cm-10.1/nitest-jb42_nr-twrp-0418.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: hondafreak513

hondafreak513

Jan 22, 2013
Williamsburg
Did you flash the swap2nexus modem zip and a ns4g radio compatible kernel?

If you're on ns4g radio coming from another Rom here is the proper procedure:

1) Reboot to recovery and make a backup
2) Wipe cache, dalvik cache, data, and system
3) Flash Slim Rom http://d-h.st/9II
4) Flash Slim Gapps 4.2.2 Buld 4 http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/all/viewcategory/24-addons/downloads/all
5) Flash Swap2nexusmodem.zip http://goo.im/devs/effsi/Misc/Swap2NexusMdm.zip
6) Flash ns4g kernel http://goo.im/devs/didhiy/sph-d700_cm-10.1/nitest-jb42_nr-twrp-0418.zip

So I will have to flash the rom and gapps again... if so no big deal...

DynamicN

Jan 8, 2013
Reno
I miss the attention I had with PAC and slim. :( good work dynamic and effsi. :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

I learned from the best:highfive: No love over in the SuperNexus thread?

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

So I will have to flash the rom and gapps again... if so no big deal...

Nope no need to flash Rom and Gapps again, are you using Slim Gapps 4.2.2 Build 4?

hondafreak513

Jan 22, 2013
Williamsburg
I learned from the best:highfive: No love over in the SuperNexus thread?

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Nope no need to flash Rom and Gapps again, are you using Slim Gapps 4.2.2 Build 4?

Yes sir.. one of the best roms so far I am running it on my EVO 4G and loving it...

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Bye bye super nexus that was a one time thing. It doesn't deserve an update what magic could Google do that fast. Custom ROMs do a lot more work.

Deleting Ubuntu today

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XZrUeTA.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from DynamicN [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

Ns4g modem users only If you don't know please ignore this and flash as usual
    Here
    Thanks Effsi for creating the files

Effsi instructions for ns4g users
    Here

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Thanks!
    DynamicN
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    visit Slim Source for the rom source code.
    well i would love to see larger support

could you clarify on that for me? maybe it's just late but what is the larger support you'd like to see?

if by support you mean grabbing you the link : http://bit.ly/12OCpGI

also with the texas given instructions about getting the modem going on this rom with my script, is there any reason not to just link to the detailed post I made about applying the swap? rather than having like 10 different sets of instructions at some point it could be nice to point everyone to one post, and give feedback on how to clarify the post to help others later on. the whole 10 sets of different instructions and different files didn't help the modem swapping in the past. but that's just my opinion. it would also be nice to get some thanks for the work. there's a healthy amount of downloads and a total of 4 thanks.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38936164&postcount=1510

some more fun information : Original Pacman 153mb, 1st Pac(man)k 148mb, Original Slimbean 124mb, Bulimic Pac(man)k 104mb, 1st SlimK 93mb
    friendly reminder : all my stuff is hosted on goo.im and can be found through goomanager also (including changelogs as of recent times). all my roms come with goomanager (or should). there are no official threads for my stuff as it's for personal use only, the official roms are the ones with the dedicated threads. If you install my rom, leave goomanager on it and you will be notified of updates. no thread to follow or anything like that so it's fairly simple to stay up to date.

ps thank you unjustified this is better than I remember it being. nicely done and await future updates. xboxfanj is right about codefirex running pretty beastly also :)
    I would like to thank Unjustified Dev, Effsi, Didhiy, Xboxfanj and everyone else who has answered questions and helped! Thank you for letting Slim Bean use your kernel and BigMem patch Didhiy!

I present you with Slim Bean Build 4.0

Rom http://d-h.st/9II
    Slim Gapps http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/all/viewdownload/24-addons/1642-slim-gapps-4-2-2-build-4
    SlimKat 4.4.2 build 3.8

Slim-epicmtd-4.4.2.build.3.8-UNOFFICIAL-20140319-0255

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6C4m7E5KsaaWkhEbDl1Tjl5T2M/edit?usp=sharing

Uses the kernel from bbelos 0318 build since when I compiled I some how included a kernel with twrp which didn't work right and made me have to odin. probably some small errors here and there since I rushed this out. Data seems fine, haven't tested mms or anything much yet

I tried to upload to goo.im but can't seem to login my ftp?

Edit : data died at some point, replaced with my edited apn file from my cm builds and it kicked back in. Hardware keyboard arrows are mixed up, some stock files were also removed. When I get home in 8 hours ill reupload one with the apn file baked in assuming I don't run in to any other glaring bugs while running this today at work.
    I would suggest U include a kernel ..... then folks can switch if they want to .. ;)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

I'm thinkin I'm going to include Didhiy's newest kernel.

Sorry must have described the issue wrong.
    If I power down then reboot, it freezes on start up animation. I have to pull battery, go into TWRP and wipe cache and dalvik. Then reboot again. Boots up fine after that.

What screen does it freeze on, the bootanimation?

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Building Slim 5.8 now and should be done by tomorrow.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone