[ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean-Epic 4G [Unofficial][Build v8.0]

Search This thread

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Yeah, worked smoothly and now i have it running on FC09 perfectly, thanks a lot.

However i just noticed that the reason why i couldn't boot into recovery was that the camera button is busted, anyone could give me any hint about any other methods for rooting, installing recovery that do NOT require a working camera button? i've tried flashing CWM with Odin but that requires that 3 button combination.

Any help appreciated.

You Odin cwm in download mode make sure reboot is not checked. As soon as the phone attempts to boot give it the commands adb reboot recovery sometimes cwm won't stick after it boots. Or download terminal emulator and type su to get permission then type reboot recovery you have to be rooted for that method. Also you can adb reboot recovery while the phone is on by enabling USB debugging. Last two methods only are useful if cwm stuck when the system booted.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Yeah, worked smoothly and now i have it running on FC09 perfectly, thanks a lot.

However i just noticed that the reason why i couldn't boot into recovery was that the camera button is busted, anyone could give me any hint about any other methods for rooting, installing recovery that do NOT require a working camera button? i've tried flashing CWM with Odin but that requires that 3 button combination.

Any help appreciated.

Personal opinion: Odin flash the FC19 tar. What differs from FC09 is that recovery will stick. If you can't find the Odin-able CWM, I'll send you one.
Then every time you want to go to recovery, make sure phone is on, and run "reboot recovery" in a terminal emulator on the phone (make sure you get root), or connect to PC and "adb reboot recovery".

Sent from HTC Incredible S @ CM10.1

Reactions: DynamicN

xfilemanx

Jun 2, 2011
Kansas City
I was just looking around the slimrom web page and didn't see the Epic 4g listed...I was gonna play with the weekly release and some addons but didn't see our phone :eek:
So I take it Unjustified Dev makes these here for us?
I get the feeling my noobness is showing :eek:
Anyway....thanx Unjustified.....love these slim roms......wish I had time to figure out how make these.....

DynamicN

Jan 8, 2013
Reno
I was just looking around the slimrom web page and didn't see the Epic 4g listed...I was gonna play with the weekly release and some addons but didn't see our phone :eek:
So I take it Unjustified Dev makes these here for us?
I get the feeling my noobness is showing :eek:
Anyway....thanx Unjustified.....love these slim roms......wish I had time to figure out how make these.....

That's because they won't make our Epic 4g officially supported. Unjustified started the first one, then Effsi built, now I build and maintain them. Follow the link in my sig to my dev host to download. Slim Bean 6.0 is the latest that I've built and haven't built 6.5 yet because it was just released and I like to wait for an official code freeze.

TPMJB

Jun 28, 2010
www.blackcats-games.net
Ya know, Slim 6 has been functioning fine for me (cept the aforementioned bluetooth issue), but it seems my battery life is pretty terrible compared to 4.0. It used to be I didn't have to charge my phone every day, but now I'll frequently find the need to charge it before I go to bed, or it'll die on me. Anyone else noticing less battery life?

I have the Epic 4G Touch battery in mine, since it holds more juice.

AuGmENTor

Apr 17, 2012
Marlboro NY
Ya know, Slim 6 has been functioning fine for me (cept the aforementioned bluetooth issue), but it seems my battery life is pretty terrible compared to 4.0. It used to be I didn't have to charge my phone every day, but now I'll frequently find the need to charge it before I go to bed, or it'll die on me. Anyone else noticing less battery life?

If you don't have to charge/ swap your battery every 8 hours. You're not touching it enough. Having said that, From the minute I leave in the morning until my first swap is at least 8 hours. I make it home on the second. My phone spends a lot of it's day with the screen on, and it plays MP3's all day long, every day. And a couple times a day I actually use it as a phone. If anything I noticed an increase in life with the release of 6. Usually, you need look no further than a rogue app sucking it down on you. Facebook jumps to mind. As does Google talk (myself I run that one all day). Turn off what you don' need, and look for changes you made since switching from 5 to 6 (or 4 what have you).

Hey anyone know how I can uninstall this hangout garbage?

Reactions: DynamicN and boruko

AuGmENTor

Apr 17, 2012
Marlboro NY
Use a root explorer app and then goto /system/app. Long press on the apk and hit delete. That should take care of Hangout.

I tried that with whatever the stock slim explorer is. It didn't go away even after I restarted. I'll try with a different app. Actually, I just remembered: I did it with the SLIMCIZER or whatever the name of that is in system settings..

EDIT: ANy idea what the name of the hangouts apk is? I can't find it.

Last edited:

niteNarmor

Nov 24, 2012
Jacksonville
I tried that with whatever the stock slim explorer is. It didn't go away even after I restarted. I'll try with a different app. Actually, I just remembered: I did it with the SLIMCIZER or whatever the name of that is in system settings..

EDIT: ANy idea what the name of the hangouts apk is? I can't find it.

I have no idea what the apk is called. I don't use either one and gtalk is set not to update which is why I still had the original apk.

EDIT: I actually use root explorer for all my needs but you should be able to use slimsizer if you find out what the apk is called.

Reactions: AuGmENTor

boruko

Feb 26, 2010

Find a post by Unjust. He has a link to BT fix that works in his sig. If you don't get sigs, I posted the link earlier in this forum. Follow what augmentor mentioned: shut down the apps you don't use (make v6 look like your v4).

- b

Reactions: DynamicN

nikon120

Oct 3, 2010
Find a post by Unjust. He has a link to BT fix that works in his sig. If you don't get sigs, I posted the link earlier in this forum. Follow what augmentor mentioned: shut down the apps you don't use (make v6 look like your v4).

- b
My devhost in my signature should also have Unjust's BT fix if you have trouble locating it elsewhere.

DynamicN

Jan 8, 2013
Reno
Thank you every one for answering eachothers questions and helping each other out. I've been busy as of late. Just a f.y.i. I added a donate button so if anyone feels the need to say thanks in another way other than hitting the thanks button then make a donation, anything is appreciated. Just letting ya guys know the button is there.

Last edited:

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Thank you every one for answering eachothers questions and helping each other out. I've been busy as of late. Just a f.y.i. I added a donate button so if anyone feels the need to say thanks in another way other than hitting the thanks button then make a donation, anything is appreciated. Just letting ya guys know the button is there.

Lol I want one too getting a bank account soon can't wait.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: AuGmENTor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XZrUeTA.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from DynamicN [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

Ns4g modem users only If you don't know please ignore this and flash as usual
    Here
    Thanks Effsi for creating the files

Effsi instructions for ns4g users
    Here

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Thanks!
    DynamicN
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    visit Slim Source for the rom source code.
    well i would love to see larger support

could you clarify on that for me? maybe it's just late but what is the larger support you'd like to see?

if by support you mean grabbing you the link : http://bit.ly/12OCpGI

also with the texas given instructions about getting the modem going on this rom with my script, is there any reason not to just link to the detailed post I made about applying the swap? rather than having like 10 different sets of instructions at some point it could be nice to point everyone to one post, and give feedback on how to clarify the post to help others later on. the whole 10 sets of different instructions and different files didn't help the modem swapping in the past. but that's just my opinion. it would also be nice to get some thanks for the work. there's a healthy amount of downloads and a total of 4 thanks.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38936164&postcount=1510

some more fun information : Original Pacman 153mb, 1st Pac(man)k 148mb, Original Slimbean 124mb, Bulimic Pac(man)k 104mb, 1st SlimK 93mb
    friendly reminder : all my stuff is hosted on goo.im and can be found through goomanager also (including changelogs as of recent times). all my roms come with goomanager (or should). there are no official threads for my stuff as it's for personal use only, the official roms are the ones with the dedicated threads. If you install my rom, leave goomanager on it and you will be notified of updates. no thread to follow or anything like that so it's fairly simple to stay up to date.

ps thank you unjustified this is better than I remember it being. nicely done and await future updates. xboxfanj is right about codefirex running pretty beastly also :)
    I would like to thank Unjustified Dev, Effsi, Didhiy, Xboxfanj and everyone else who has answered questions and helped! Thank you for letting Slim Bean use your kernel and BigMem patch Didhiy!

I present you with Slim Bean Build 4.0

Rom http://d-h.st/9II
    Slim Gapps http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/all/viewdownload/24-addons/1642-slim-gapps-4-2-2-build-4
    SlimKat 4.4.2 build 3.8

Slim-epicmtd-4.4.2.build.3.8-UNOFFICIAL-20140319-0255

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6C4m7E5KsaaWkhEbDl1Tjl5T2M/edit?usp=sharing

Uses the kernel from bbelos 0318 build since when I compiled I some how included a kernel with twrp which didn't work right and made me have to odin. probably some small errors here and there since I rushed this out. Data seems fine, haven't tested mms or anything much yet

I tried to upload to goo.im but can't seem to login my ftp?

Edit : data died at some point, replaced with my edited apn file from my cm builds and it kicked back in. Hardware keyboard arrows are mixed up, some stock files were also removed. When I get home in 8 hours ill reupload one with the apn file baked in assuming I don't run in to any other glaring bugs while running this today at work.
    I would suggest U include a kernel ..... then folks can switch if they want to .. ;)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

I'm thinkin I'm going to include Didhiy's newest kernel.

Sorry must have described the issue wrong.
    If I power down then reboot, it freezes on start up animation. I have to pull battery, go into TWRP and wipe cache and dalvik. Then reboot again. Boots up fine after that.

What screen does it freeze on, the bootanimation?

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Building Slim 5.8 now and should be done by tomorrow.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone