[ROM][4.2.2][Unofficial] AOKP +Cherry Picks epicmtd[29.06.2013]

Search This thread

nikon120

Oct 3, 2010
To the OP, you may want to consider using DevHost as at least a mirror, if not primary host. This way we have a checksum to compare against.

Edit:
Also, your current download link is dated 06-21-13, but your changelog says 06-24-13. Is the updated download link within the thread and the OP wasn't updated yet?

Last edited:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
To the OP, you may want to consider using DevHost as at least a mirror, if not primary host. This way we have a checksum to compare against.

Edit:
Also, your current download link is dated 06-21-13, but your changelog says 06-24-13. Is the updated download link within the thread and the OP wasn't updated yet?

+1 for Dev-Host mirror, I just can't access Mediafire without a VPN and my 3G data capacity...
And @nikon120 , the 0624 build is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ccqu5ra8zasep3y @driodmaster92 : WAKE UP time to update OP!! :D

Sent from HTC Incredible S @ CM10.1

driodmaster92

Jan 10, 2012
Chennai

Edit:

+1 for Dev-Host mirror, I just can't access Mediafire without a VPN and my 3G data capacity...
And @nikon120 , the 0624 build is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ccqu5ra8zasep3y @driodmaster92 : WAKE UP time to update OP!! :D

Yeah i will update the OP tomorrow and dev host will be available from next week ...my present net connection is a little unstable that's y i am using mediafire atm

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Ok, call me a noob. But what do I download and flash for the 700? Theres tons of files in that github link.

Thanks
Zaggy

Sent from a rooted candy bar

Who told you to download from github? :D My post containing a Mediafire link is one or two posts above you.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
DOH! Facepalm. :banghead:

Thanks Andy. Pretty stable and bt works? Any idea how battery and ram usage compares to, say, pacman18? What kernel is this?

Sent from a rooted candy bar

BT is always glitchy for 4.2.x ROMs, while stability is as good as CM. RAM usage... These days CM/AOKP only gives me ~200M while PACman 23 does even worse with 180M...
The kernel is compiled from source so no name for it. It's stock. Only ROMs compiled by @Effsi and @Unjustified Dev seem to include Nitest-inspired kernel by default. To be honest, there really isn't any special custom kernels around since ICS. Just use the one included, unless you're going to use the NS4G modem.

Reactions: driodmaster92

driodmaster92

Jan 10, 2012
Chennai
INew build is ready but my i have exceeded my bandwidth limit for the month (fair usage crap)now the upload speed is very slow its fails at 20 -25% tried 4 times ....so I am trying to upload ...if not possible you might have to wait till 1.07.2013

I have with the permission of kasper_h added many of his cherry picks from his InfamousAOKP ROM i am compiling it right now..if successful i will change the ROM name etc

And I am downloading the Carbon Sources right now ...if you people want i can build one on a weekly basis

Edit 1: InfamousAOKP 0.1 for epicmtd is ready ...i will upload asap

Last edited:

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
INew build is ready but my i have exceeded my bandwidth limit for the month (fair usage crap)now the upload speed is very slow its fails at 20 -25% tried 4 times ....so I am trying to upload ...if not possible you might have to wait till 1.07.2013

I have with the permission of kasper_h added many of his cherry picks from his InfamousAOKP ROM i am compiling it right now..if successful i will change the ROM name etc

And I am downloading the Carbon Sources right now ...if you people want i can build one on a weekly basis

Edit 1: InfamousAOKP 0.1 for epicmtd is ready ...i will upload asap

cool trying to take my carbon hugh? lol

Bill720

Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Pure
mu

Who told you to download from github? :D My post containing a Mediafire link is one or two posts above you.

Edit:

If I can drop my "2 cents", I've gotta say that ever since MegaUpload was relaunched, I've had fantastic results in upload speed, download speed, storage capacity, and filesize limits. The site itself is admittedly heavy with HTML5, but I'm still surprised that it's not more popular than it is for these types of applications.

::

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
If I can drop my "2 cents", I've gotta say that ever since MegaUpload was relaunched, I've had fantastic results in upload speed, download speed, storage capacity, and filesize limits. The site itself is admittedly heavy with HTML5, but I'm still surprised that it's not more popular than it is for these types of applications.

::

But (personal aspect) MegaUpload, MediaFire, 4shared and many sites are censored to be blocked here in China. Even goo.im and Dropbox got blocked for a period of time. If I want to access them I'll spend extra on my 3G data capacity. (somehow my home WiFi carrier doesn't support VPN)

driodmaster92

Jan 10, 2012
Chennai
Eagerly waiting on infamous aokp :p. Nice to see some more builds and thanks for helping with our device :)

But (personal aspect) MegaUpload, MediaFire, 4shared and many sites are censored to be blocked here in China. Even goo.im and Dropbox got blocked for a period of time. If I want to access them I'll spend extra on my 3G data capacity. (somehow my home WiFi carrier doesn't support VPN)

Ok guys here is the latest build with all the goods from InfamousAOKP from the ROM name is still AOKP ,(I had to use my 3G to upload the build)
Changelog is long will update later but you can refer to the InfamousAOKP thread on I9000 forum
And i have changed to dev host so i hope no problem now
Thanks

http://d-h.st/8a6

driodmaster92

Jan 10, 2012
Chennai
Changelog:All from Infamous by @kasper_h
-Solved some problems in Tablet mode with touch screen sensitivity
-Ability to swipe between tiles & notification screen
-Allow custom density & allow changing sys-bar font size
-Ported the option to move the cursor in a text field using the volume buttons.
-Fixes for Dark UI & MMS
-Custom DPI selection (see Settings>ROMControl>General UI)
-Improvements to Dark UI code
-Removed Dark UI toggle (switching goes through the button in Settings)
-Updated TRDS code, including a Dark UI toggle
-Added toggle ribbon
-Added Hidden Statusbar Pulldown
Etc....

These are the main features i picked from InfamousAOKP

Reactions: kstephens98

xfilemanx

Jun 2, 2011
Kansas City
Thanx for the update.......however after flashing it, got stuck at the samy screen :confused:

I booted into CWM 6.0.3.2
Wiped data/factory reset
wiped cache
wiped dalvik cache

went to mounts and storage and formated system cache and data.

flashed aokp_epicmtd_unofficial_2013-06-28.zip
then flashed gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

rebooted and stuck at samy :eek:

Reactions: driodmaster92

Luthiensdad

Aug 9, 2007
Hi, just flashed the new version over previous one with TWRP 2.5.0.0. Boots up fine, but upon first booting, the start (lock) screen has a circular cursor, which can be moved around the screen but makes it hard to unlock, and hard to navigate menus once unlocked. If this is a new feature, how do I make adjustments to it or temporarily disable it in settings? Other than that this looks like a "perfect" ROM. thanks,

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Actually, looks like Milestone 2 has been released. Looking forward to this.

Yeah? Nexus should get it first but I don't see a build for Nexus 4...
Looks like AOKP is slowly falling behind in the war of ROMs, I somehow felt it is only meaningful for its ROM Control codes, but only when integrated into PACman, Domination and else, instead of existing as a standalone feature.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM10.1.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    83.png

Device: epicmtd (Samsung Epic)

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    Flash ROM
    Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    Reboot

78.png

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

Link Here for the latest nightly

here for the build with Infamous cherries

82.png

» AOKP on Github

» SOURCE on AOKP.co

Will update the changelog later

All the cherries right now are from InfamousAOKP by @kasper_h and his team
    I will more later...

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or thanks or PayPal donations.
    » Donation options on AOKP.co

Credits:
    @Effsi
    aways
    aokp
    CM for kernel @franzyroy
    malcho
    kasper_h
    pawtip
    Google @xboxfanj @Alias8818

Special Thanks @W1nst0n

Enjoy!
    Eagerly waiting on infamous aokp :p. Nice to see some more builds and thanks for helping with our device :)

Ok guys here is the latest build with all the goods from InfamousAOKP from the ROM name is still AOKP ,(I had to use my 3G to upload the build)
    Changelog is long will update later but you can refer to the InfamousAOKP thread on I9000 forum
    And i have changed to dev host so i hope no problem now
    Thanks

http://d-h.st/8a6
    Guys get ready for a surprise tomorrow...Its not aokp I can say this much
    Nice work, sir.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Found a fix for both physical kb and 4g expect a release tonite or tuesday...Thanks @xboxfanj

wut...
    Nvm not worth it. Any ways glad it's concluded. On the plus side now I know better :p
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone