[ROM][4/21/12][UNITED] Liberty v0.51 | AROMA Installer | Sense 2.0 | Android 2.1

Search This thread

Infinimint

Oct 8, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
twitter.com
Okay, I made all the changes and have the zip ready.
Works a LOT faster and still have 14mb free on /data
But nothing should head into /data anymore since apps go to /system/sd

I screwed up it enabling swap automatically. Probably a swapoff command or something runs after my swapon in init.d
You'll need to run "swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3" each boot.

Can I post it? Or maybe I'll do a bit more testing and see how slow it gets once I got all my apps set up...

we'll see, I'll talk to e334.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
Hrm...
Stupid android
So it reached under 10mb free and started becoming stupid

So now its a choice between which one we keep on data...

(Sorry but I'm already mad at sense so I'm not doing anything anymore with it xD)

Sent from my Dream/Sapphire using Tapatalk

Infinimint

Oct 8, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
twitter.com
I just posted a public beta that uses AROMA Installer. It is not fully tested and may not work (although it should). The only reason I posted it is because I cannot test it myself because I think I may have short circuited or burnt out my phone's sdcard slot somehow lol

If you get any errors, feel free to tell me in a PM and I'll update the rom instantaneously.

Enjoy.

Reactions: demkantor

Infinimint

Oct 8, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
twitter.com
UPDATE:

For Dream users, CustomMTD should now be fixed, fixing any bootloops that you may have had. There was also an error that may have affected the sdcard on all devices that I fixed. Thank ValliJoe for reporting the bugs.

The rom is no longer in beta, in my opinion, and is now signed and ready to flash. Enjoy!

Reactions: demkantor

ValliJoe

Sep 14, 2011
Houston, TX
UPDATE:

For Dream users, CustomMTD should now be fixed, fixing any bootloops that you may have had. There was also an error that may have affected the sdcard on all devices that I fixed. Thank ValliJoe for reporting the bugs.

The rom is no longer in beta, in my opinion, and is now signed and ready to flash. Enjoy!

No problem handed the g1 down to my little brother with this rom he is all grinning because he has sense, great work its really smooth is swap disabled after reboot still?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

Infinimint

Oct 8, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
twitter.com
No problem handed the g1 down to my little brother with this rom he is all grinning because he has sense, great work its really smooth is swap disabled after reboot still?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

Yes, e334 set it up so that it only uses swap on the first boot so that it can get past the setup.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ROCKO1234

ValliJoe

Sep 14, 2011
Houston, TX
Nice it runs great who would of thought hero sense on g1 without swap would run great it aslo doesn't have answer call lag just want to thank anyone and every who put work into this rom and I appreciate it.

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA

J

jianC

Yes it is, however, during the first boot it may take a long time without swap on the HTC Dream. Swap is ONLY used on the first boot, afterward it is no longer used.

umm.. swap is used always. That was v0.3 where I set different values for swappiness on first boot/consecutive boots :p

If you have HTC Dream, you don't *have* to have a sd-ext partition, but if you like to download a lot of apps, you will need it.

EDIT: Just to clear things up:

-zram (virtual swap) is *always* used
-swap (physical swap on sdcard) is *never* used

Last edited:

xillius200

Nov 10, 2009
Bordon, Hampshire, UK
zram is bassically same as compcache but with better handling. It creates a new block within your ram and everything that goes to it is compressed. Meaning we can fit more within the ram giving us less ram usage however ofc it's still slower than reading straight from ram but still faster than reading swap from an sd card lol.

(SOME) differences between swap and zram:

compcache had to be a SWAP DISK
while zram can handle any kind of I/O request so more of a ram disk lol
compcache was compressed at start of swap file
zram compresses on the fly xD

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Changelog

All work moved here.
    Yeah ummm... About that update...

Laziness... Lmao. If someone PM's me tomorrow, I'll upload it and update the OP.

Okay, I added v0.6 to the OP due to the high demand.
    Once again, thank JianC for his hard work on it.
    I couldn't remember the changes that he made, so maybe he can post his changelog or email me so that I can change the OP.
    Enjoy.
    any new update for this great os?

Actually now that you mention it, jianC sent me an update the other day, if I have time I'll post it tomorrow.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone