[ROM][4.3.0][NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 10.2 for HTC One S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Oxious119

Apr 18, 2013
I updated to 0819 nightly using the update menu under about phone. Worked flawlessly.

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

Phuturist

May 12, 2010
on XDA
For some reason I'm unable to flash another radio with the temporary radio installer. I'd like to use the EU 1.15 and it always worked fine in CM10.1 but flashing it on CM10.2 doesnt actually update the radio. Anyone else seeying this behaviour?

maluus

Dec 26, 2010
Ankara
For some reason I'm unable to flash another radio with the temporary radio installer. I'd like to use the EU 1.15 and it always worked fine in CM10.1 but flashing it on CM10.2 doesnt actually update the radio. Anyone else seeying this behaviour?

Well I flashed it without problem.

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009

You might have missed, but CM now uses the firmware radio shown in the bootloader

Reactions: Phuturist

maluus

Dec 26, 2010
Ankara
I noticed a strange beheviour. I don't know if this is intented or not but I can't align the widgets and icons to the top and bottom of the homescreen. as you can see in the picture these are the highest and lowest locations I can align them. I used trebuchet before and I remember it was acting normal before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-19-22-47-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-19-22-47-08.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 226

Oxious119

Apr 18, 2013
I'm using twrp 2.3.3.0. It was fully automated :).

I'm still having that WiFi issue, though. When turning on WiFi it sometimes takes ages to find and connect to my router. :/

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

Reactions: mannequin

mikronac.ns

Apr 25, 2012
Novi Sad
Bug: it happened to me on 10.1, too...

Sometimes, I press Power button to unlock phone but it not responding anyway. I holding POwer button for 10 seconds but tactile buttons not blinking and I cant reboot phone. Always thinking about brick :(

When I connect charger, phone wake up and works normally... I dont have charger always with me :)))

Incredible work CM... Very happy with support for our phone which HTC dropped and stucked on 4.1.1.

nickmv

Jan 12, 2011
Memphis
I'm on CM10.1 6/7/2013 nightly (June 7th), 3.0 kernel.

What exactly of the steps listed do I actually need to do? I noticed mention of a firmware update, but is it truly required? I want to make sure I have everything correct before accidentally bricking my phone

I see a firmware upgrade guide, but some of the links are broken. Please help!

Last edited:

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
I'm on CM10.1 6/7/2013 nightly (June 7th), 3.0 kernel.

What exactly of the steps listed do I actually need to do? I noticed mention of a firmware update, but is it truly required? I want to make sure I have everything correct before accidentally bricking my phone

I see a firmware upgrade guide, but some of the links are broken. Please help!

Any 3.4 kernel based ROM now needs updated firmware. If you have hboot 2.15, it's likely you already have it, otherwise you'll need to run the firmware.zip install or, more correctly, a full RUU. If you do have hboot 2.15 and decide to flash, the worst thing you'll get is stuck at the boot screen.

bobjbain

Sep 12, 2006
Poole
Arggh, I'm having trouble finding "action overflow", the one where the 3 dots is displayed for the menu.. Can anyone point me in it's direction?

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk 4

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
Arggh, I'm having trouble finding "action overflow", the one where the 3 dots is displayed for the menu.. Can anyone point me in it's direction?

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk 4

I can't find it either and have heard from others it still hasn't ported forward. Just assign another key, long press or double tap to the menu function (that's the way I've done it since my first ROM after stock).

nickmv

Jan 12, 2011
Memphis
Any 3.4 kernel based ROM now needs updated firmware. If you have hboot 2.15, it's likely you already have it, otherwise you'll need to run the firmware.zip install or, more correctly, a full RUU. If you do have hboot 2.15 and decide to flash, the worst thing you'll get is stuck at the boot screen.

Sounds like I need a serious firmware flashing.

My specs:

T-Mo edition launch day model
hboot 1.06
0.16 radio
cm10.1 0607 nightly
3.0.80 kernel
S-off, cid

So would I be better off just flashing an RUU then re-doing everything (and if so do I need to relock or un-S-OFF beforehand?), or would it be easier for me to flash the firmware, and if so, do I just need to flash firmware.zip?

The guides for that **** are incredibly confusing as to which steps are actually needed, depending on your config.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod 10.2 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This thread is for the Official Nightly Builds of CM10.2 for the HTC One S (Ville)

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Prerequisites:

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    • Download or Build from Source
    • Download Gapps
    • Wipe unless you're upgrading from an earlier CM10.2 ROM
    • Flash ROM in Recovery
    • Flash Gapps in Recovery
    • Incase you don't have S-OFF, fastboot flash boot boot.img

Bugs:
    • Lockscreen Delay
    • Some other minor issues

Downloads:
    Latest Nightly
    gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

Changelog:

Credits:
    intervigil, h8rift, xkonni, toastcfh, deck, rohan32, flemmard and all the HTC-MSM8960 Team Members.
    I think I know what's wrong. Should have a patch soon.
    New build is up, sorry took me so long.. had some errands to run..
    Updated OP..
    If users want and/or the CM team has no issues, I could turn this thread into an official thread for CM Nightlies..
    the other thread has being going since CM10 days and is kinda too messed up to search for CM10.2 related information..
    As i said, its upto you users and @Kalashnikitty the OP of other thread..
    I dont have any issues if you still want to use the old thread..
    Thanks.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone