[ROM][4.3.0][NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 10.2 for HTC One S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kurtfimmers

Aug 1, 2009
Did a Factory Reset and no change. Tried it from the brand new clean system--no user apps--and it still brings up recent apps despite setting it to Search Assistant. Its like the Home Long Press is mis-mapped.

Seems like this issue is fixed now, also a second option to set a double tap home button setting....

Reactions: Dave77459

bobjbain

Sep 12, 2006
Poole
I can't find it either and have heard from others it still hasn't ported forward. Just assign another key, long press or double tap to the menu function (that's the way I've done it since my first ROM after stock).

Aye, I've mapped the recent apps long press as I have previously, just kinda used to the three dots :(

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk 4

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
Sounds like I need a serious firmware flashing.

My specs:

T-Mo edition launch day model
hboot 1.06
0.16 radio
cm10.1 0607 nightly
3.0.80 kernel
S-off, cid

So would I be better off just flashing an RUU then re-doing everything (and if so do I need to relock or un-S-OFF beforehand?), or would it be easier for me to flash the firmware, and if so, do I just need to flash firmware.zip?

The guides for that **** are incredibly confusing as to which steps are actually needed, depending on your config.

That's where I was too, minus the SOFF. Held on to that 1.06 hboot as long as I could. Now that it's gone, it's only a small hassle flashing ROMS, but I'm too chicken to do SOFF...too many problems with bricks and radio bands, etc.

Tried to run RUU, but it failed, so I had to flash the firmware.zip. For me, it was pretty easy and seemed pretty foolproof...just extracted the firmware.zip from the latest TMOUS RUU and flashed using the SDK tools per the guide.

If you're at all unsure, wait for someone with SOFF to weigh in. It's worth it...4.3 is nice.

nickmv

Jan 12, 2011
Memphis
I don't think S-OFF matters, but for your firmware flash, which one did you use? I want to make sure I have the correct file.

And yeah, like you, I was a lover of 1.06 and have been hanging on as long as possible. I think it's time to finally retire it.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

That's where I was too, minus the SOFF. Held on to that 1.06 hboot as long as I could. Now that it's gone, it's only a small hassle flashing ROMS, but I'm too chicken to do SOFF...too many problems with bricks and radio bands, etc.

Tried to run RUU, but it failed, so I had to flash the firmware.zip. For me, it was pretty easy and seemed pretty foolproof...just extracted the firmware.zip from the latest TMOUS RUU and flashed using the SDK tools per the guide.

If you're at all unsure, wait for someone with SOFF to weigh in. It's worth it...4.3 is nice.

I assume you got your firmware from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ehihpbjf0shqgio/qu3vhYYDWe ???

If so, which one did you use, the one from the main directory, or the one inside that RAR'd file?

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
I don't think S-OFF matters, but for your firmware flash, which one did you use? I want to make sure I have the correct file.

And yeah, like you, I was a lover of 1.06 and have been hanging on as long as possible. I think it's time to finally retire it.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

I assume you got your firmware from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ehihpbjf0shqgio/qu3vhYYDWe ???

If so, which one did you use, the one from the main directory, or the one inside that RAR'd file?

Looking at the directory I archived, I used the firmware.zip from a file called

OTA_Ville_U_JB_45_S_TMOUS_3.14.531.11_1.13.50.05.31_10.30.50.08L_release_3095152gf3d5egc1kw6ovn.zip

I still have the file and firmware, but they are too large for email and file hosting is blocked at work, otherwise I'd put them up for you.

mo976

Jun 17, 2008
Jerusalem Israel

That's my dropbox... If you have a T-Mobile phone use the one from the main directory

Sent from my One S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nickmv

Jan 12, 2011
Memphis
That's my dropbox... If you have a T-Mobile phone use the one from the main directory

Just flashed it. MAN that was scary, and of course it wouldn't boot a system afterwards.

I just wiped everything including SD and am booting CM 10.2 now. *fingers crossed*

Edit: SUCCESS! Many thanks to you guys. That was scary but I got through it. Rest in peace, hboot 1.06

Last edited:
Reactions: mo976

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
Just flashed it. MAN that was scary, and of course it wouldn't boot a system afterwards.

I just wiped everything including SD and am booting CM 10.2 now. *fingers crossed*

Edit: SUCCESS! Many thanks to you guys. That was scary but I got through it. Rest in peace, hboot 1.06

Hmm. I just flashed recovery and restored a nandroid, then flashed CM10.1 over the top. I have dirty flashed this thing six ways from Sunday for nearly a year and it's still ticking!

mo976

Jun 17, 2008
Jerusalem Israel
Flashed the first official nightly a couple of hours ago and so far so good. No wipe or anything needed. The only thing is you may need to replace the phone shortcut on the home screen from the one in the app drawer.

c19932

Jun 9, 2010
Hey guys, I've had this problem since cm10.1. Whenever I try to download from Google doc on my phone (for example, this rom from OP), my data would go into a 3g-h-h+ cycle after a while. Once the cycle starts, it will never end unless I pause the download, which is then the data would go back to H and data would work normal again. If I resume the download the cycle would happen again. It also sometimes happens to me when I am streaming on Spotify. Anyone has the same issue? I already tried using a fresh wiped rom but it still happens (seems like for a fresh install, it would take longer for the cycle to start and get stuck) I am on us t-mobile. I don't recall this happening on a sense rom. I can't even download the cm rom from OP on my phone when I'm on an aosp rom.

Or can everyone on us t-mobile download the file from Google drive just fine on their cm rom?

Thanks a lot. This is one problem that I can stand :(

Could someone please tell me if they can download from Google doc successfully on their phone when they are on cm10.2 rom?

Ex. This link from OP. Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByErX6Iy7BiSZEd1UGZhamVkSzQ/edit?usp=

Can it successfully download to 100 percent, or does data get stuck in a 3g-h-h+ cycle midway through the download?

Thank you!!

EDIT:

so I looked around and think this is a DNS resolution issue.

I found these T-mobile DNS server addresses some where and added to my buildprop, edited my system/etc/resolv.conf, but still no go =[[

net.ppp0.dns1=10.177.0.34
net.ppp0.dns2=216.155.175.105
net.dns1=10.177.0.34
net.dns2=216.155.175.105
net.dns3=216.155.165.50

any idea ? Maybe DNS servers have to be integrated into ConnectivityService?

Last edited:

Michael1101

Mar 30, 2011
Aye, I've mapped the recent apps long press as I have previously, just kinda used to the three dots :(

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk 4

The three dot menu appears when you deactivate the costume remapping of your hard keys. Kind of odd, either remapping or three dot menu. But I think it will be fixed soon.

mannequin

Feb 7, 2011
New York
can't complain about anything really. now running the nightly and everything just works and pretty smooth at that. could use little more gaming performance as it's not really up to par to the custom 3.0 kernels when you crank them up but things will only get better from now on hopefully.

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

zaak00

Aug 19, 2012
The three dot menu appears when you deactivate the costume remapping of your hard keys. Kind of odd, either remapping or three dot menu. But I think it will be fixed soon.

I dirtyflashed 10.2 over 10.1 (with three dot menu enabled and custom hardkey actions) and have both custom hardkey actions and three dot menu in 10.2.

So yea, guess there's a workaround to get custom hardkey actions and three dot menu: flash 10.1, fiddle with settings until your happy, dirty flash 10.2. (To be clear: this one is a joke and not to be taken seriously...)

maddehaan

Sep 26, 2010
Phone information SE Linux Bug?

Hi, I am new to submitting bugs and I guess I should do that somewhere in some system, but perhaps it is not a bug (though verified on my phone).

I am one who does irrational things (yet not a woman ;)

I went to Settings - About Phone - SELinux-status and (like you can do with the Android-version and CyanogenMod-version) started rapidly clicking it. Next thing happens: 1 a hang and FC. second time I do it, it takes longer, but will FC (no hang it seemed), 3rd time, it crashes the phone entirely (Blank screen, only hardreset works).

bobjbain

Sep 12, 2006
Poole
Just a FYI.. with focal if you take a picture in landscape orientation it always shows upside down in Quickpix and gallery (or is it just me?).

Doesn't happen with Snap or built in camera

maddehaan

Sep 26, 2010
Just a FYI.. with focal if you take a picture in landscape orientation it always shows upside down in Quickpix and gallery (or is it just me?).

Doesn't happen with Snap or built in camera
Your footer says 10.1, but I guess you are on 10.2? Focal doesn't work very nicely on 10.1 (not supported anyway).
I will check.

Checked:
Focal doesn't do PicSphere.
Images created (missed one, second photo is lost somewhere).
Panorama gives distorted image

Last edited:

bobjbain

Sep 12, 2006
Poole
Your footer says 10.1, but I guess you are on 10.2? Focal doesn't work very nicely on 10.1 (not supported anyway).
I will check.

Checked:
Focal doesn't do PicSphere.
Images created (missed one, second photo is lost somewhere).
Panorama gives distorted image

Thanks, I am 10.2, must update my footer

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
XDA.jpg

Well, looks like I will have to get this locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod 10.2 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This thread is for the Official Nightly Builds of CM10.2 for the HTC One S (Ville)

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Prerequisites:

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    • Download or Build from Source
    • Download Gapps
    • Wipe unless you're upgrading from an earlier CM10.2 ROM
    • Flash ROM in Recovery
    • Flash Gapps in Recovery
    • Incase you don't have S-OFF, fastboot flash boot boot.img

Bugs:
    • Lockscreen Delay
    • Some other minor issues

Downloads:
    Latest Nightly
    gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

Changelog:

Credits:
    intervigil, h8rift, xkonni, toastcfh, deck, rohan32, flemmard and all the HTC-MSM8960 Team Members.
    I think I know what's wrong. Should have a patch soon.
    New build is up, sorry took me so long.. had some errands to run..
    Updated OP..
    If users want and/or the CM team has no issues, I could turn this thread into an official thread for CM Nightlies..
    the other thread has being going since CM10 days and is kinda too messed up to search for CM10.2 related information..
    As i said, its upto you users and @Kalashnikitty the OP of other thread..
    I dont have any issues if you still want to use the old thread..
    Thanks.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone