Todo / Issues worth noting:
- For Apollo, although screen rotation ultimately works, there is a glitch in the animation. This is because the apollo device's screen is rotated 90 degrees for which I have made a patch to surfaceflinger. I plan to fix this by doing the necessary pre-rotation in the hwcomposer.
- For Apollo, the smoothness graphically is not quite on par with Thor. Although games and video seem ok.
- Boot animation needs updating.
- Aroma Installer
- Integrate Root
- Battery / Power Management needs a full investigation - from the kernel to the HAL.
- Headphones are not working
- Download the magic-beanz-rom-v1.0.1.zip - this file is for Apollo and Thor.
- If coming from any other ROM including HDX Nexus then I would recommend doing a factory reset.
- Be sure to backup your old ROM in case you want to revert back.
- Flash the file, it will flash the ROM and a Lean version of Gapps.
- If you want root then also flash the latest SuperSu package from -here-
Magic Beanz, ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"
Source Code: https://github.com/ggow/android_kernel_hdx_nexus/tree/android_4.3.1
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Using Exploit
Based On: AOSP
Current Stable Version: 1.0.1
Stable Release Date: 2015-02-20
Last Updated 2015-07-21