• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][4.3.1] Magic Beanz v1.0.1

Search This thread

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Amazon Fire
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
I think so too:p...but if I want to swich back to my old awfull FireOS(back up of them), in the case if still nothing works...;)

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

my bootloader is unlocked also no probs
But like I mention, if I switch back to my old ROM(FireOS), gonna work this(my back up)

You can boot 14.3.1.0 on the 14.3.2.3.2 bootloader, so your backup would work.

Reactions: ka_putt

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Amazon Fire
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
ahh, I still haven't unlocked my bootloader actually... from what I've read it doesn't matter whether you're running FireOS or ROM as long as the bootloader is 3.2.4 or below (Apollo) yeah? So as I'm on 3.2.3 I should just be able to follow the procedure from within Magic Beanz...

Bootloader must be below 3.2.4. The exploit was patched in this version.

It's worth unlocking the bootloader, it gives you another independent way to rescue your device, for example what if you accidentally flashed a boot.img to your recovery partition?
You could recover from such a scenario if you have working fastboot.

Last edited:

kudoz83

Dec 7, 2010
Bootloader must be below 3.2.4. The exploit was patched in this version.

It's worth unlocking the bootloader, it gives you another independent way to rescue your device, for example what if you accidentally flashed a boot.img to your recovery partition?
You could recover from such a scenario if you have working fastboot.

Ahh yes, below 3.2.4, my mistake. Will unlock the bootloader tonight before I try 1.0.2LTE

ka_putt

Dec 31, 2010
You can boot 14.3.1.0 on the 14.3.2.3.2 bootloader, so your backup would work.

I've installed another bootloader, made clean install.. still the same...
and I have rebooted my tablet so often, I think I gonna dream this bootanimation tonight:D :cyclops:

Attachments

• lte_test3.7z
    9.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: ggow

kudoz83

Dec 7, 2010
I've installed another bootloader, made clean install.. still the same...
and I have rebooted my tablet so often, I think I gonna dream this bootanimation tonight:D :cyclops:

Did you cut up your own nano-sim mate? Like down from a bigger size? That's what I did and only 1 of 3 ended up working... so it might be the sim...?

johnwaters

Jan 11, 2014
Hmmmm.....putting this all together....

I keep popping in this place every once and a while to see the progress on this stuff. I see something about unlocking the bootloader, and something about installing another one. Is it possible to put all this together in one spot so we don't brick something? Also, what are the advantages to 4.3.1 over 4.2.2, which is the last version I installed?

This place is awesome, as is GGOW.

XxD34THxX

Nov 3, 2014
Sorry for not testing this out. I got stuck on unlocking said bootloader, then I put safestrap on my s4 and started backing it up. I'm not too handy with Python, only with Visual Basic and some batch. Can someone make a batch for the unlock with instructions?

Also @ggow Can I use the latest version of TWRP or do I have to use your modded version only?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/kin...ecovery-twrp-recovery-2-8-1-0-apollo-t2991155

Last edited:

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Amazon Fire
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Sorry for not testing this out. I got stuck on unlocking said bootloader, then I put safestrap on my s4 and started backing it up. I'm not too handy with Python, only with Visual Basic and some batch. Can someone make a batch for the unlock with instructions?

Also @ggow Can I use the latest version of TWRP or do I have to use your modded version only?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/kin...ecovery-twrp-recovery-2-8-1-0-apollo-t2991155

Use the version you quoted above for apollo. I will update the apollo to 2.8.5.0 soon.

Mr.Nik

Mar 10, 2007
Novosibirsk
@kudoz83
@Mr.Nik
@ka_putt,

Could you try this version and let me know how it goes. This should improve recognition of the various APN settings.

magic-beanz-rom-LTE-Test-v0.0.2.zip

As I wrote above in the chosen language - Russian impossible to come to the point of Mobile Network. GPS does not work.

ka_putt

Dec 31, 2010
Did you cut up your own nano-sim mate? Like down from a bigger size? That's what I did and only 1 of 3 ended up working... so it might be the sim...?

Yes I did it, but my Sim is working with fireOS...^^
And I don't have possibilitys to check thin on another devices or to check this device with another Sim card, because all my Sim cards are micro..^^

Mr.Nik

Mar 10, 2007
Novosibirsk
piece screenshots with red pixels.

attachment.php

Attachments

• pix.jpg
    pix.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,890

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
@jeryll hmm. I'm not sure what's going on. This is the 2nd attempt. Loaded up fine. Downloaded quickboot and titanium backup from play store. In supersu I turned mount name space off. Then went to tb and proceeded to restore. No go. Failed all 5 times I tried. Just hangs on the first app it tries to restore. Rebooted device. All is well. It starts restoring now. 50% or so it hangs. Completely hard freezes. Have to hold down the power button to reset. Now..it has gotten me to this screen and hard freezes all over requiring a hard reboot. I'm not fluent on how to pull a log cat when I can't even get in. Ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Realme GT
@jeryll hmm. I'm not sure what's going on. This is the 2nd attempt. Loaded up fine. Downloaded quickboot and titanium backup from play store. In supersu I turned mount name space off. Then went to tb and proceeded to restore. No go. Failed all 5 times I tried. Just hangs on the first app it tries to restore. Rebooted device. All is well. It starts restoring now. 50% or so it hangs. Completely hard freezes. Have to hold down the power button to reset. Now..it has gotten me to this screen and hard freezes all over requiring a hard reboot. I'm not fluent on how to pull a log cat when I can't even get in. Ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sorry, I have no clue what is wrong with TB on your kindle ... the only thing I heard/read TB had problems recently with is outdated SuperSu app - but that applied to Lollipop, but still is worth the shot. Which version of SuperSu are you using? I´m using v2.46.

dpeddi

Mar 10, 2007
ggow:
check the termal-engine config/daemon configuration.

It seems to me that you aren't using any configuration, or thor for both thor and apollo

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Sorry my wrong... I just seen that is overwritten by the overlay!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cover.png

Introduction:
    This is pure android AOSP 4.3.1 for all variants of Kindle HDX 3rd generation devices. There is a new branch of the kernel on my github if you're interested. Please read through carefully as things have changed for the installation.

Todo / Issues worth noting:
    - For Apollo, although screen rotation ultimately works, there is a glitch in the animation. This is because the apollo device's screen is rotated 90 degrees for which I have made a patch to surfaceflinger. I plan to fix this by doing the necessary pre-rotation in the hwcomposer.
    - For Apollo, the smoothness graphically is not quite on par with Thor. Although games and video seem ok.
    - Boot animation needs updating.
    - Aroma Installer
    - Integrate Root
    - Battery / Power Management needs a full investigation - from the kernel to the HAL.
    - Miracast
    - Headphones are not working

Bug Reports:
    - Please report bugs -here-

Fresh Installation:
    - Download the magic-beanz-rom-v1.0.1.zip - this file is for Apollo and Thor.
    - If coming from any other ROM including HDX Nexus then I would recommend doing a factory reset.
    - Be sure to backup your old ROM in case you want to revert back.
    - Flash the file, it will flash the ROM and a Lean version of Gapps.
    - If you want root then also flash the latest SuperSu package from -here-

Downloads:

Finally:
    - Big shout out to you all for your support, and thank you for the donations I have received.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Magic Beanz, ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"

Contributors
    ggow
    Source Code: https://github.com/ggow/android_kernel_hdx_nexus/tree/android_4.3.1

ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Using Exploit
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-02-20

Created 2015-02-20
    Last Updated 2015-07-21
    please make headphones work , it very important

Posts like this annoy me. ggow and other devs devote countless hours investigating and delivering new capability including the wonderful Magic Beanz ROM that you opted to flash. Keep in mind v1.0.1 is the initial release. It is fine to ask a question or point out something that is not working. This sounds more like a demand - as if you purchased the product.

If headphones (and other audio features) aren't working for you flash something else or roll back to stock.
    Posts like this annoy me. ggow and other devs devote countless hours investigating and delivering new capability including the wonderful Magic Beanz ROM that you opted to flash. Keep in mind v1.0.1 is the initial release. It is fine to ask a question or point out something that is not working. This sounds more like a demand - as if you purchased the product.

If headphones (and other audio features) aren't working for you flash something else or roll back to stock.

Definitely agreed in principle, though I think their may be a language barrier involved with that post, probably didn't mean to come across as entitled as they did. But as a rule, agreed, ggow owes us nothing lol.
    Headphones do not work

Correct, noted in the OP. Having replaced the entire audio stack, it's the last piece of the audio puzzle.
    Use the version you quoted above for apollo. I will update the apollo to 2.8.5.0 soon.

Alright:

For Future reference if anyone else is scared of this(new device, this is the first ROM with a custom BL and Kernal):
    1)Down Grade
    2)Unlock Boot Loader
    3)Use flashify to flash TWRP modded by @ggow
    4)Install this ROM using TWRP
    5)Enjoy