• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][4.3.1] Magic Beanz v1.0.1

Search This thread

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
please make headphones work , it very important

Posts like this annoy me. ggow and other devs devote countless hours investigating and delivering new capability including the wonderful Magic Beanz ROM that you opted to flash. Keep in mind v1.0.1 is the initial release. It is fine to ask a question or point out something that is not working. This sounds more like a demand - as if you purchased the product.

If headphones (and other audio features) aren't working for you flash something else or roll back to stock.

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
Posts like this annoy me. ggow and other devs devote countless hours investigating and delivering new capability including the wonderful Magic Beanz ROM that you opted to flash. Keep in mind v1.0.1 is the initial release. It is fine to ask a question or point out something that is not working. This sounds more like a demand - as if you purchased the product.

If headphones (and other audio features) aren't working for you flash something else or roll back to stock.
Preach

bulldog4574

Apr 26, 2011

Definitely agreed in principle, though I think their may be a language barrier involved with that post, probably didn't mean to come across as entitled as they did. But as a rule, agreed, ggow owes us nothing lol.

turruso

Apr 4, 2010
Compton
went back to 13.3.1.0 and applied 324002120.bin with no issues, tried to flash Magic Beanz but screen goes blank, looks like device booted because i can hear sound when i click vol +/- or power, reboots fine to safestrap any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

also important to mention, while the screen is blank device mounts to pc and adb is functional

Win0416

Dec 22, 2014
Irvine
went back to 13.3.1.0 and applied 324002120.bin with no issues, tried to flash Magic Beanz but screen goes blank, looks like device booted because i can hear sound when i click vol +/- or power, reboots fine to safestrap any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

also important to mention, while the screen is blank device mounts to pc and adb is functional

It is not for Safstrap rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cover.png

Introduction:
    This is pure android AOSP 4.3.1 for all variants of Kindle HDX 3rd generation devices. There is a new branch of the kernel on my github if you're interested. Please read through carefully as things have changed for the installation.

Todo / Issues worth noting:
    - For Apollo, although screen rotation ultimately works, there is a glitch in the animation. This is because the apollo device's screen is rotated 90 degrees for which I have made a patch to surfaceflinger. I plan to fix this by doing the necessary pre-rotation in the hwcomposer.
    - For Apollo, the smoothness graphically is not quite on par with Thor. Although games and video seem ok.
    - Boot animation needs updating.
    - Aroma Installer
    - Integrate Root
    - Battery / Power Management needs a full investigation - from the kernel to the HAL.
    - Miracast
    - Headphones are not working

Bug Reports:
    - Please report bugs -here-

Fresh Installation:
    - Download the magic-beanz-rom-v1.0.1.zip - this file is for Apollo and Thor.
    - If coming from any other ROM including HDX Nexus then I would recommend doing a factory reset.
    - Be sure to backup your old ROM in case you want to revert back.
    - Flash the file, it will flash the ROM and a Lean version of Gapps.
    - If you want root then also flash the latest SuperSu package from -here-

Downloads:

Finally:
    - Big shout out to you all for your support, and thank you for the donations I have received.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Magic Beanz, ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"

Contributors
    ggow
    Source Code: https://github.com/ggow/android_kernel_hdx_nexus/tree/android_4.3.1

ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Using Exploit
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-02-20

Created 2015-02-20
    Last Updated 2015-07-21
    please make headphones work , it very important

Definitely agreed in principle, though I think their may be a language barrier involved with that post, probably didn't mean to come across as entitled as they did. But as a rule, agreed, ggow owes us nothing lol.
    Headphones do not work

Correct, noted in the OP. Having replaced the entire audio stack, it's the last piece of the audio puzzle.
    Use the version you quoted above for apollo. I will update the apollo to 2.8.5.0 soon.

Alright:

For Future reference if anyone else is scared of this(new device, this is the first ROM with a custom BL and Kernal):
    1)Down Grade
    2)Unlock Boot Loader
    3)Use flashify to flash TWRP modded by @ggow
    4)Install this ROM using TWRP
    5)Enjoy