[ROM][4.3.1] ReVolt | LINARO 4.8 | AWESOME Kernel | Unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfromh

Jan 8, 2012
Portland
This thing rocks brutha. I am encountering one annoyance. System UI stops anytime I apply any of the three tablet modes. Any ideas?
Similar issue here. Notifications won't come up in tablet modes, and then system ui crashes. Tried multiple flashes, always clean. Otherwise, this thing is the fastest ROM I've ever seen/used/messed my pants to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

stevew84

Oct 21, 2010
I have to try this later today. It should run great with his kernel. :D
This ROM works great, my only complaint, I guess the same goes for other ROMs i've been using is the lack of refreshing notifications from Hangouts. I'm really not sure what happened, but I hardly ever get messages through Hangouts anymore. Most of the time time I have to swipe just to see the messages that didn't pop up.

I've cleared cache and reinstalled the app, not sure what it is but it's following me ROM to ROM.

johnyu950

Jul 25, 2012
Just wanted to confirm something about the OP instructions. For the section about if i'm coming from anything other than revolt it doesn't say to flash gapps so I was wondering if it's built into this ROM or the Cl3Kener just forgot to add in that step. Thanks!

Aug 7, 2013
Personally, I'd go with 2.6.1.0

Sent from my cellular telephone
yup, I've used 3 other 4.3 roms and unless ive used TWRP 2.6.1.0 i have issues. 4.6.3 is not wiping cache and preload properly.

Edit: as I have found out the hard way, the best way to ensure a good flash is to have a clean flash. dirty flash at your own risk!

Last edited:

jonmassot

Jul 2, 2012
Montreal
Just wanted to confirm something about the OP instructions. For the section about if i'm coming from anything other than revolt it doesn't say to flash gapps so I was wondering if it's built into this ROM or the Cl3Kener just forgot to add in that step. Thanks!
I didn't really validate that, but I flashed the Gapps anyway, right after the rom and it's working great on my end.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Been using that rom since yesterday, since I couldn't settle to use Paranoid, CM10.2 or AOKP. Loving it! Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Cl3Kener

stevew84

Oct 21, 2010
Damn I can't get the 9/26 build to boot.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Hey @Cl3Kener, I just saw that there's an update available on Goo.im, saying "virgin"... Is there anything we should know before flashing?

Thanks again for your work!
Pretty sure Virgin means stock kernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.