[ROM][4.3.1] ReVolt | LINARO 4.8 | AWESOME Kernel | Unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeGrimm

Feb 2, 2012
Can u plz direct me step by step on how 2 do it I really don't understand how 2 use those settings

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1: Open the Settings app
2: Open Hybrid Properties
3: Select Interface
4: Change the Nav bar slider to anything other than 0%(I wouldn't go much smaller than 50% but thats just me),
5: Press the check mark in the top right hand corner.
The Nav bar will show up after that.

srdryl

Nov 10, 2011
1: Open the Settings app
2: Open Hybrid Properties
3: Select Interface
4: Change the Nav bar slider to anything other than 0%(I wouldn't go much smaller than 50% but thats just me),
5: Press the check mark in the top right hand corner.
The Nav bar will show up after that.

Thank U so much it worked.......Do U know if fast charge works?

srdryl

Nov 10, 2011
I love this ROM but the reboot takes so long. Is there anyway to fix that??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

samH4Sung

Aug 23, 2011
New York
I dont know how to phrase this for search but may i ask after installing this rom on my phone is HOW do you change the graphical UI of the settings menu to be like shown in the 3rd imaged have posted. Currently it shows it as a style "setting main menu on the left and sub setting on the right" style. Tried changing it through hybrid setting but nope....no luck. Am i missing something or is there a way to make it look like a 4.1 style setting menu.

Thank you for your patients

Cl3Kener

Feb 4, 2013
Cleveland, OH
plus.google.com
Odex the ROM.

I love this ROM but the reboot takes so long. Is there anyway to fix that??

@srdryl

Try odexing the ROM using this MOD http://d-h.st/CJj

Flash that in recovery, then open Terminal app and type "su" followed by "dexo -h" That should tell you what commands you can run. I recommend just running "dexo -all" (assuming it tells you that you have enough space for it) That should decrease your Ram foot print and decrease your boot time. I did this earlier and it worked fine. You can use it on any JellyBean ROM. Make sure to make a backup before you flash the MOD just in case you want to go back to the "preodexed" form. I wouldn't try messing with themes once you odex it as well.

Note to everyone else, you might also want to consider this because it should also increase battery life. Also if you are looking for better battery life make sure to turn off hotword detect in Google Search app by going to setting>Voice and disabling hotword detect. That seemed to be a battery hog for me when running this ROM.

Hope this helps everyone. I look forward to try and make a 4.4 version once Revolt it rebuilt. :)

Cheers!
Cl3Kener

g33kChic

Aug 30, 2010
Somewhere in FLorida
@srdryl

Try odexing the ROM using this MOD http://d-h.st/CJj

Flash that in recovery, then open Terminal app and type "su" followed by "dexo -h" That should tell you what commands you can run. I recommend just running "dexo -all" (assuming it tells you that you have enough space for it) That should decrease your Ram foot print and decrease your boot time. I did this earlier and it worked fine. You can use it on any JellyBean ROM. Make sure to make a backup before you flash the MOD just in case you want to go back to the "preodexed" form. I wouldn't try messing with themes once you odex it as well.

Note to everyone else, you might also want to consider this because it should also increase battery life. Also if you are looking for better battery life make sure to turn off hotword detect in Google Search app by going to setting>Voice and disabling hotword detect. That seemed to be a battery hog for me when running this ROM.

Hope this helps everyone. I look forward to try and make a 4.4 version once Revolt it rebuilt. :)

Cheers!
Cl3Kener
Will this work on the old 4.1.2 liquid Smooth 2.9 ?

g33kChic

Aug 30, 2010
Somewhere in FLorida
Well there this awesome thing called a nandroid try it out then flash n u tell us if it works

snt frm a carbonized GS²
first of all I know what a nandroid is and the question was directed at OP Cl3Kener. Why do you always have to be sarcastic when it comes down to someone needing help or an answer. Sorry for being a girl and for somewhat of a noob when it comes to deodex.......Sheesh! Whatever happened to xda being a place where people didn't mind helping others without the sarcasm :rolleyes:

Reactions: thatdavekid

hatememarkz

Sep 24, 2012
tallahasseee
first of all I know what a nandroid is and the question was directed at OP Cl3Kener. Why do you always have to be sarcastic when it comes down to someone needing help or an answer. Sorry for being a girl and for somewhat of a noob when it comes to deodex.......Sheesh! Whatever happened to xda being a place where people didn't mind helping others without the sarcasm :rolleyes:
my bad its just standard procedure i figure this is something everyone should kno by heart nand test something goes wrong nand bakc to ur bakcup evrything is simple n chekc my signature

srdryl

Nov 10, 2011
I tried what u suggested & it changed the reboot but it still takes bout 10 mins 4 my apps 2 start....is there any way 2 fix that??

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
I tried what u suggested & it changed the reboot but it still takes bout 10 mins 4 my apps 2 start....is there any way 2 fix that??

In your development settings you may have it set for ART vs the dalvik.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

my bad its just standard procedure i figure this is something everyone should kno by heart nand test something goes wrong nand bakc to ur bakcup evrything is simple n chekc my signature
Damnit didn't mean to like this comment... See the reason people don't like xda anymore is be ausr of childish replies and or facepalm posts... Hater we all have seen you posting for ETA's and questions similar to hers and I even called you out about that... Remember my comment of pot meet kettle?? Let's remember that we are all here to help and not run people away. Some people can read and get things done or understand it pretty quick. There are also others that need a little more help and we should. All I ask is that respect everybody and give them the benefit of the doubt and remember we were all once noobs. I hope I didn't offend anybody.

Reactions: JNMM and g33kChic

x.0ni.x

Oct 13, 2013
Pueblo

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Damnit didn't mean to like this comment... See the reason people don't like xda anymore is be ausr of childish replies and or facepalm posts... Hater we all have seen you posting for ETA's and questions similar to hers and I even called you out about that... Remember my comment of pot meet kettle?? Let's remember that we are all here to help and not run people away. Some people can read and get things done or understand it pretty quick. There are also others that need a little more help and we should. All I ask is that respect everybody and give them the benefit of the doubt and remember we were all once noobs. I hope I didn't offend anybody.

Right on! Telling it like it is. Collaborate...don't hate.

srdryl

Nov 10, 2011

how do I & where do I go 2 change my settings??

Status
Not open for further replies.