Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Cl3Kener

Feb 4, 2013
Cleveland, OH
plus.google.com
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for all of the confusion. Everytime I build a working test ROM that either I or Team Revolt has made to the build I will post it. I only plan on making one a week but this week has been quite the eventful week for myself and Team Revolt. They have hardly cherry-picked a single commit this week and have done nothing more than fix bugs ROM wide. I've seen about 12-15 bugs fixed in the past 4 days alone. Today I am pleased to present this new upload I just posted to the thread that has Kernel Version 3.0.97 in it and tons of my performances tweaks as well as all of those dozen or so bug fixes. As much as I like LiquidSmooth I'd have to say that Team Revolt really puts in the time to make this ROM awesome for you guys. I'm hoping I can steal a spot on the team here in the next few days since they don't have a Hercules or Sky Rocket Dev yet. I guess we'll see! :D

Here is the link to the new build http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=690 I will have one uploaded to goo.im here in the next 30 minutes or so as well.

Enjoy your weekend everyone! I'm going to be camping so don't expect any more uploads from me until Monday....

Cheers!
Cl3Kener

bonetweeter122

Oct 14, 2012
Anyone been successful at enabling tablet ui? ..without crashing system ui?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

gregcapps

May 6, 2011
Demorest, GA
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Is it a common thing in 4.3 ROMs that unlimited terthering does not work, because I tried to use tethering today on this ROM and got the T-Mobile screen telling me to add tethering to my plan.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

popeye331

Sep 3, 2011
Is it a common thing in 4.3 ROMs that unlimited terthering does not work, because I tried to use tethering today on this ROM and got the T-Mobile screen telling me to add tethering to my plan.

you need to change user agent on your browser, if you use chrome install user agent extension then switch to opera or safari and you will be good to go. if your using IE then google how to do it as i dont use IE anymore..hope this helps

D

Darth

2 days on this rom....not a hiccup! ;)

Great job!

Sent from my cellular telephone

gregcapps

May 6, 2011
Demorest, GA
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
you need to change user agent on your browser, if you use chrome install user agent extension then switch to opera or safari and you will be good to go. if your using IE then google how to do it as i dont use IE anymore..hope this helps

I was trying to tether to my android tablet. I don't seed an option for changing user agent or install extensions. I only use the feature on occasion. It's not a big deal honestly. I just figured it would work since it does on cm 10, and cm 10.1.

cr3d1ts

Feb 13, 2011
Just flashed this early today, super snappy and as far as i can tell really good battery life. This will probly be my dd :D

-Side note: just wondering if this has the "active display" i think thats wat its called :confused:

Cl3Kener

Feb 4, 2013
Cleveland, OH
plus.google.com
Hey Everyone,

Revolt has been busy these past few days. They now have added Active Display so I think this ROM basically has everything under the sun! ;)

I also pushed a 3.0.98 update before building so now you have the latest kernel version!

I have had about two complaints about lag. Unfortunately this launcher is a little slower than maybe the CM trebuchet launcher. If you feel that this ROM feels "heavy" or "slow" make sure to install Nova or Apex launchers. They are free and they significantly speed up the ROM.

That's all I can think of, don't have much time so I'm trying to hit all of the main points before I go.

Cheers!
Cl3Kener

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
Hey Everyone,

Revolt has been busy these past few days. They now have added Active Display so I think this ROM basically has everything under the sun! ;)

I also pushed a 3.0.98 update before building so now you have the latest kernel version!

I have had about two complaints about lag. Unfortunately this launcher is a little slower than maybe the CM trebuchet launcher. If you feel that this ROM feels "heavy" or "slow" make sure to install Nova or Apex launchers. They are free and they significantly speed up the ROM.

That's all I can think of, don't have much time so I'm trying to hit all of the main points before I go.

Cheers!
Cl3Kener

Is there an option to turn gapps into dark mode??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
This is just from the last ⁴ hours or so.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380722877999.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380722877999.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 216
Aug 7, 2013
This is just from the last ⁴ hours or so.

I may be wrong but thats not your Gapps. Did you clean flash on Twrp 2.6.1.0? I had Gapps crashing on me for awhile but it was my recovery and issue with data corruption.

I suggest a clean flash and Dl the Original gapps in the OP using Twrp 2.6.1.0.

Ok reviewing what the google services is :
Google Contact sync, account manager, network Location, Framwork and google play services

my screen is 52% and next in line is the same google services @ 12 Percent and im running the Revolt rom, OP gapps and OC to Max 1836mhz ....did you change your govenor ? there is problems still with ondemand with wake locks--- dl trickster and im running it on intellidemand and Row.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cl3Kener

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
I may be wrong but thats not your Gapps. Did you clean flash on Twrp 2.6.1.0? I had Gapps crashing on me for awhile but it was my recovery and issue with data corruption.

I suggest a clean flash and Dl the Original gapps in the OP using Twrp 2.6.1.0.

This flash wasn't a clean flash but it may be the rom. Its Slimhalo by droid but was just curious about darkening gapps option. Yes it's 2.6.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

bannerforrevolt.png

Features
    Built from ReVolt Sources | Based on Android 4.3 JellyBean

Revolt Sources include parts of every ROM. The best way I can describe it is PA based with parts of CM, AOKP, and more! (It kind of reminds me of Bam but it has a CARBON Fiber-like menu)

ROM Control Features (from AOKP)
    Hybrid Engine | Paranoid Preferences (Thanks to PA Team)
    Per-App-Color
    AOKP Ribbons
    Updates Center | GooManager (With Push Notifications)
    CyanogenMod Profiles
    Power Widget
    Notification Shortcuts
    Navigation Bar Color
    Status Bar Color
    Option to select Saving Location in Camera
    Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys
    Multi User Option
    Advanced Phone Options from CyanogenMod (Vibrate on Answer, Every 45 Sec., On Call waiting and Hangup)
    Different Pattern Sizes
    Trebuchet Launcher (ReVolt Version)
    cLock App (Lock Clock) (CyanogenMod)
    Expanded Desktop (Hide StatusBar & Navigation Bar)
    Pie UI (Paranoid Android)
    HALO)) 2.0 with Ninja Mode
    Font Size Controlling
    DPI Changer
    CRT On / Off Effect Controller
    Lock Screen Targets (CyanogenMod)
    Lock Screen Shortcuts (Paranoid Android)
    Active Display
    Scrolling animations from Thinking Bridge
    Window Animation control from AOKP
    AND MORE!!!!

ReVolt Sources:
    ReVolt ROM is an Open-Sourced ROM .... The source could be found on GitHub Here

Installation Steps

MAKE SURE TO USE TWRP 2.6.1.0 WHEN YOU FLASH THIS ROM!!! Go to the TWRP thread to get yourself a copy!

If coming from older ReVolt ROM:
    1-Wipe Cache
    2-Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    3-Flash ReVolt JB ROM followed by Gapps
    4-Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache
    5-Reboot & Let Settle for 5-10 minutes
    6-Flash Latest Android 4.3 Google Apps
    7-Install Trickster MOD and change the CPU governor to something besides Interactive
    8-Enjoy !

If coming from anything other than ReVolt ROM:

MAKE SURE TO USE TWRP 2.6.1.0 WHEN YOU FLASH THIS ROM!!! Go to the TWRP thread to get yourself a copy!

1-Wipe Data
    2-Wipe Cache
    3-Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    4-Flash ReVolt JB ROM followed by Gapps
    5-Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache
    6-Reboot and Let Settle for 5-10 minutes
    7-Install Trickster MOD and change the CPU governor to something besides Interactive
    8-Enjoy!

Download Links

Final 4.3.1 Revolt Build (Mirror on DevDB)

4.3 Gapps

Other Dark or Glass Gapps Click Here or just use SLIM Gapps since they will invert with Dark Switch

How to use Paranoid Preferences :
    This guide is written by Paranoid Android Team on how to use the app ... Let's give them all the Credit they deserve for there AWESOME Work !!

Got Some Mods you wanted to add to the ROM ?? Don't Hesitate and do it and post it Here in ReVolt JB Thread of Mods Enjoy ;)

Changelogs

Get Latest Changelog from goo.im/devs/Revolt/Changelogs/

Big Thanks

1-XDA Developers
    2-bajee11 (Aroma Installation Files)
    3-AOKP Team
    4-CM Team
    5-Cyberboob (Logo / Wallpapers / Signatures / ReVolt ROM Thread Organization)
    6-BigDenn (Bootanimation)
    7-TheWierd (Download Center / Support)

Signatures

1360032492902.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][4.3.1] ReVolt | LINARO 4.8 | AWESOME Kernel | Unofficial, a ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    Cl3Kener
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: Revolt

Version Information

Created 2013-09-21
    Last Updated 2013-11-22
    Hey Everyone,

New build is up for today! There have been several small bugfixes that have occured since the last build. I also have changed the default IO Scheduler to ROW because there seems to be less wake lag when used with Interactive although I still recommend running Ondemand and BFQ because those are what I use and I have a really good balance between performance and batttery life with that combo.

I've updated the installation instructions so that new visitors will be aware that Interactive has been pretty lousy in 4.3 kernels and that they really should change to something else if they want to be happy.

Enjoy the new build. I'll see if I can't update again in a few days.

Cheers!
    Cl3Kener
    Hey Everyone,

Sorry for all of the confusion. Everytime I build a working test ROM that either I or Team Revolt has made to the build I will post it. I only plan on making one a week but this week has been quite the eventful week for myself and Team Revolt. They have hardly cherry-picked a single commit this week and have done nothing more than fix bugs ROM wide. I've seen about 12-15 bugs fixed in the past 4 days alone. Today I am pleased to present this new upload I just posted to the thread that has Kernel Version 3.0.97 in it and tons of my performances tweaks as well as all of those dozen or so bug fixes. As much as I like LiquidSmooth I'd have to say that Team Revolt really puts in the time to make this ROM awesome for you guys. I'm hoping I can steal a spot on the team here in the next few days since they don't have a Hercules or Sky Rocket Dev yet. I guess we'll see! :D

Here is the link to the new build http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=690 I will have one uploaded to goo.im here in the next 30 minutes or so as well.

Enjoy your weekend everyone! I'm going to be camping so don't expect any more uploads from me until Monday....

Cheers!
    Cl3Kener
    Hey Everyone!

So I updated Revolt again today! I'm sure most of you already received a notification from goo.im. You might have noticed that today's build is slightly smaller than previous builds. That is not because features were cut! Instead many more fixes were made and there is a noticeable difference in the ROM. I feel it is more responsive than the past build. I really haven't had any terrible delay when pressing my capacitive buttons but I use NOVA launcher. The Revolt Launcher is slightly more laggy than some of the other AOSP launchers. This may actually be the cause of the delay for some of you. (Others seem to just use PIE instead to navigate to avoid the lag) Personally, I think that a quick launcher change makes a world of difference so maybe try a new launcher before you decide to abandon Revolt.

I noticed that people still are not figuring out the camera flash issue. Please refer to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2479519 made by @hatememarkz . If you go there you will learn that when upgrading to 4.3 you should pull off all of your files and wipe your sdcard. That usually fixes the issue in most cases. Some people have actually had to ODIN back to Stock 4.1.2 then reroot and wipe everything to finally get a fixed camera. Do what you need to do I guess and hopefully we'll find you back soon with a working camera :)

Anyways, I'll stop talking and let you upgrade already! Enjoy!

Cheers!
    Cl3Kener

AWESOME KERNEL

Please consider using Trickster MOD becaue it is the only app that allows you to toggle all of these features listed below

Features:

- Kernel version 3.0.101 - LINARO 4.7.4
    - I/O schedulers CFQ, BFQ, ROW, NOOP, DEADLINE, SIO, VR, and ZEN
    - Governors Intellidemand, InteractiveX, Ondemandx, Lazy, Wheatley, Smartass, Badass, Lionheart, Samsung, HYPER and normal Stock options too.
    - GPU OC to 320 MHz for 3D & 266 MHz 2D
    - CPU OC to 1836 MHz
    - Fsync Toggle - "Turn it off for better performance but be aware that you may encounter data loss if your phone crashes"
    - USB Fast Charge
    - Frontswap Support
    - Sweep2Wake
    - Voltage Control
    - Frandom Lag Reducer
    - Smaller sized kernel due to XZ compression
    - IO Boosters

If you want even more features please visit my Kernel Thread