[ROM][4.3][CWM] JustArchi's Sammy Stock (Deodex/Root/Zipalign/Busybox/Init)

Search This thread

JustArchi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw
My deodexed releases aim to be as-pure-stock-as-possible, just with a magic touch of being ready for all community modifications, such as theming, debloating, customizing and so on.

You should consider them as an alternative to official pure stock. Especially because they're CWM-compatible, which means that you don't need Odin in order to be up-to-date. If you're looking for a deodexed pure stock ready for theming and modding, you're in the right place.

Notice to all developers: Feel free to use my deodexed release as a "base" for your ROM. I'm doing the same with ArchiDroid.

Today we have:
Model: GT-I9300
Model name: GALAXY S III
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2713958
Build date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 08:28:54 +0000
Product Code: DBT
PDA: I9300XXUGNG3
CSC: I9300DBTGNG2
MODEM: I9300XXUGNA8

• Ultra zipped
  • Rooted (SuperSU 2.02)
  • Deodexed ([Bak]smali 2.0.3)
  • Zipaligned
  • Stericson's Busybox
    [*] ArchiDroid Init.d
    [*] ArchiDroid F2FS-friendly method of flashing

Standard CSC has been included.

This release has been possible thanks to ArchiKitchen. Init.d is indepdendent, kernel bundled with ROM isn't modified in any way.

Nothing else has been made/changed. No apps removed. No KNOX. This is one-time release. You can use Rom Cleaner for fast debloat. This is the "base" for upcoming ArchiDroid 1.7.19.

Modem comes in standalone package, rom itself does not change your modem by default.

Previous releases:
UBUGNG1 UBUGNE1 XXUGND5 UBUGNB1 XXUGNB6 XXUGNA7 XXUGNA5 XWUGML4 XXUGML2 XXUGMK6 XXUGMJ9

This ROM uses new set_metadata permissions. Up-to-date recovery is required! Latest CWM, TWRP or PhilZ will work.

This ROM works only with EFS V2 (XXEMG4+) modems! Read stickies if you don't know what it means
(Unless you're running modified custom kernel)

This is "No Wipe" ROM but I can't assure you that you won't run into problems without wiping. In case of issues - Format /data /system /preload /cache.

Be patient during flahsing and booting.

Download: AFH

Have fun, hit thanks if I deserve it :highfive:.

Last edited:

Shrewdy

My deodexed releases aim to be as-pure-stock-as-possible, just with a magic touch of being ready for all community modifications, such as theming, debloating, customizing and so on.

You should consider them as an alternative to official pure stock. Especially because they're CWM-compatible, which means that you don't need Odin in order to be up-to-date. If you're looking for a deodexed pure stock ready for theming and modding, you're in the right place.

Notice to all developers: Feel free to use my deodexed release as a "base" for your ROM. I'm doing the same with ArchiDroid.

Today we have:

This release has been possible thanks to ArchiKitchen. Init.d is indepdendent, kernel bundled with ROM isn't modified in any way.

Nothing else has been made/changed. No apps removed. No KNOX. This is one-time release. You can use Rom Cleaner for fast debloat. This is the "base" for upcoming ArchiDroid 1.7.19.

Modem comes in standalone package, rom itself does not change your modem by default.

Previous releases:
UBUGNG1 UBUGNE1 XXUGND5 UBUGNB1 XXUGNB6 XXUGNA7 XXUGNA5 XWUGML4 XXUGML2 XXUGMK6 XXUGMJ9

This ROM uses new set_metadata permissions. Up-to-date recovery is required! Latest CWM, TWRP or PhilZ will work.

This ROM works only with EFS V2 (XXEMG4+) modems! Read stickies if you don't know what it means

This is "No Wipe" ROM but I can't assure you that you won't run into problems without wiping. In case of issues - Format /data /system /preload /cache.

Thanks Archi ... you are AWESOME man !! ;)

Reactions: soft2

cloudx720

Oct 12, 2013
Hey im from the uk does csc effect HD voice? Is it ok to have the default csc that comes with the rom thanks :)

gabyif

Jul 23, 2012
Bucharest
if I flash this ROM and when ArchiDroid 1.7.19 comes out,I dirty flash it over it,will it be OK,or I will have problems?

soft2

May 5, 2012
thank you for your great work, i install this rom but the kernal and modem not included in install file can you provide us with kernal and modem in separated file?

mirroalex

Aug 14, 2009
what is the bootloader version included in stock XXUGNG3? can anyone post it?

Edit: Nevermind, I found a way//Learnt a way to extract bootloader from stock firmware and make odin flashable file, if anyone wants new XXUGNG3 bootloader i will post it here...

Last edited:
Reactions: SpeedyGon

SpeedyGon

Sep 16, 2010
Hi mirroalex :)

what is the bootloader version included in stock XXUGNG3? can anyone post it?

Edit: Nevermind, I found a way//Learnt a way to extract bootloader from stock firmware and make odin flashable file, if anyone wants new XXUGNG3 bootloader i will post it here...

I'm interested on the new bootloader (currently I'm on I9300XXEMG4 a bit old bootloader ) can you post it and also the method to flash it.
I assume you can flash the bootloader independently without any problem on the other parts of the ROM

Thanks in advance for your response.

Byes!
SpeedyGon ;)

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

mirroalex

Aug 14, 2009
Hi mirroalex :)

I'm interested on the new bootloader (currently I'm on I9300XXEMG4 a bit old bootloader ) can you post it and also the method to flash it.
I assume you can flash the bootloader independently without any problem on the other parts of the ROM

Thanks in advance for your response.

Byes!
SpeedyGon ;)

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk
I have created a GUIDE thread just for this and also attached latest bootloader, enjoy

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/general/guide-extract-bootloader-make-flashable-t2864264

Reactions: SpeedyGon

0sAND1s

Dec 6, 2007
Hi Archi,

If you have time for a new release, a new firmware version is available.

Version : I9300XXUGNH4
Build date : 18.08.2014
Change Log: 2735602

The modem is also updated to I9300BUUGNF1, so it would be usefull as a separate download.

Thanks!

Last edited:

0sAND1s

Dec 6, 2007
Hi Archi,

If you have time for a new release, a new firmware version is available.

Version : I9300XXUGNH4
Build date : 18.08.2014
Change Log: 2735602

The modem is also updated to I9300BUUGNF1, so it would be usefull as a separate download.

Thanks!

Hi,

I tried to create the firmware package myself, for the first time, using ArchiKitchen, and it was easier than I expected. I flashed the new firmware and it works! For anyone interested, the download link is here: https://mega.co.nz/#!z9lTGSLb!duzJLmaUL7xGsDXuSm9Qc2GP8geJMoCZIDl05UGTwgs .
Beware that the firmware is heavily debloated using Archi's debloat list (not ROMCleaner) to around 480 MB. It's also deodexed and zipalligned, includes the latest modem and busybox, and root. Does not have init.d activated, as I don't use it. I used the VD2 region (Vodafone Germany).
I'm not responsible it it doesn't work for someone else!

Thanks!

Last edited:

mischa_martin

Apr 12, 2011
Frankfurt
Hi,

I tried to create the firmware package myself, for the first time, using ArchiKitchen, and it was easier than I expected. I flashed the new firmware and it works! For anyone interested, the download link is here: https://mega.co.nz/#!z9lTGSLb!duzJLmaUL7xGsDXuSm9Qc2GP8geJMoCZIDl05UGTwgs .
Beware that the firmware is heavily debloated using Archi's debloat list (not ROMCleaner) to around 480 MB. It's also deodexed and zipalligned, includes the latest modem and busybox, and root. Does not have init.d activated, as I don't use it. I used the VD2 region (Vodafone Germany).
I'm not responsible it it doesn't work for someone else!

Thanks!

Have you removed that whole Vodafone CSC Stuff??

0sAND1s

Dec 6, 2007
I didn't do anything special for CSC removal, but I have it as 'unknown' and I don't have Vodafone apps installed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Today we have:
    Changelist: 2713958
    Build date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 08:28:54 +0000
    Product Code: DBT
    PDA: I9300XXUGNG3
    CSC: I9300DBTGNG2
    MODEM: I9300XXUGNA8

• Ultra zipped
    • Rooted (SuperSU 2.02)
    • Deodexed ([Bak]smali 2.0.3)
    • Zipaligned
    • Stericson's Busybox
      [*] ArchiDroid Init.d
      [*] ArchiDroid F2FS-friendly method of flashing

Previous releases:

I9300xxugob2

Hi,

New firmware is available:
    Model GT-I9300
    Model name GALAXY S III
    Country Austria (3 Hutchison)
    Version Android 4.3
    Changelist 2821876
    Build date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 08:33:50 +0000
    Product code DRE
    PDA I9300XXUGOB2
    CSC I9300DREGOB1

Using the latest ArchiKitchen, I prepared a new package, using these features:
    ArchiDroid Init.d? [YES]
    Debloated? [YES], archilist
    Deodexed? [YES]
    Zipaligned? [YES]
    Rooted? [YES]
    Busybox? [YES]

I tested it and it works. Contains modem I9300NEUGOA1. Does not contain CSC.
    Download here https://mega.co.nz/#!SgFQlLLQ!S3dn7pcfBSkR8hifF6KYvvpAnRJg_pplE44mlU_AW0U .
    I9300ubugod1

Hi,

New firmware available:
    Model GT-I9300
    Model name GALAXY S III
    Country Panama (Cable & Wireless)
    Version Android 4.3
    Changelist 2829771
    Build date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 13:51:47 +0000
    Product code PCW
    PDA I9300UBUGOD1
    CSC I9300UWHUGOD1

Using ArchiKitchen I created a new package:
    ArchiDroid Init.d? [YES]
    Debloated? [YES] - archi's list
    Deodexed? [YES]
    Zipaligned? [YES]
    Rooted? [YES]
    Busybox? [YES] - stericson

Doesn't contain modem or CSC. It's tested.
    Download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!7hcVGC7L!rfDsyIsqcPiAfIfR2RiIzM8vcShHA2bfDK4zcWYrSRE .
    Enjoy.
    Hi,
    New firmware available:
    Code:
    Changelist: 2799284
    Build date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 20:33:08 +0000
    Product Code: ZTO
    PDA: I9300UBUGNK1
    CSC: I9300ZTOUGNK2
    MODEM: I9300UBUGNK1
    So, as usual, I used ArchiKitchen to optimize the firmware, and created a new CWM flashable one, with these features:
    Code:
    - rooted
    - busybox
    - debloated (archi's list)
    - deodexed
    - zipalligned
    - ultraziped
    - no modem
    - no CSC
    - boeffla kernel 5.4 beta 6 Linaro build by zane
    I had to further debload these apps (mostly games):
    Code:
    873454B2XMobile_060353_NS_HQ_Signed.apk
    2088605Bejeweled_adc_2.0.22_LATAM_v1.8.10_id_10471.apk
    257376Destaques_20140807_04.00.10_REL_sidisigned_aligned.apk
    24837385Evernote_581.apk
    5696867GreenFarm3_Samsung_GalaxyS3_ML_IGP_LATAM_IAP_TS_101.apk
    6810522KingdomsAndLords_Samsung_I9300_IGP_LATAM_ML_IAP_TS_100.apk
    5164441LittlestPetShop_Samsung_i9300_IGP_LATAM_EN_ES_BR_IAP_TS_101.apk
    7159440ModernCombat4_Samsung_I9300_IGP_LATAM_ML_101.apk
    501934NetworkInfo.apk
    2413507PlantsvsZombies_3.0.9_LATAM_v1.8.10_id_10470.apk
    5162607smart_tutor_50_global.apk
    318689TeLigouFlex.apk
    34271TetheringLauncher.apk
    1724543TheGameOfLife_0.0.39_Smartphone_LATAM_v1.8.10_id_10461.apk
    2438536Uno_Samsung_i9300_IGP_LATAM_ML_GLLive_109.apk
    28158UserManual.apk
    220enforcecopyinglibpackages.txt
    5432203Manual_do_usuario.pdf
    Download it here: https://mega.co.nz/#!3gklCTSI!FZSzZyf5FFsTHbN3Wjn8wODwWQkJzyuYRttZ5Mskps8 .
    Sorry to JustArchi for hijacking his thread with these releases, but I hope these are useful.
    I9300xxugoc1

Hi,

New firmware available:
    Model GT-I9300
    Model name GALAXY S III
    Country Hungary (T-mobile)
    Version Android 4.3
    Changelist 2823469
    Build date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 10:33:28 +0000
    Product code TMH
    PDA I9300XXUGOC1
    CSC I9300TMHGOC1

Using the latest ArchiKitchen, I optimized it, with the following features:
    ArchiDroid Init.d? [YES]
    Debloated? [YES] - archi's list
    Deodexed? [YES]
    Zipaligned? [YES]
    Rooted? [YES]
    Busybox? [YES] - stericsson

I also replaced operator boot animation and sound with stock ones. Contains modem. Doesn't contain CSC. It's tested, works OK.
    Download here: https://mega.co.nz/#!ilNA2YRT!X_GE9YWQ0CeEbjJ2zYRpFrnxjWszo-yq52qQwjFg6YM