[ROM][4.4.2][01/04]SlimKat - I9100 [Build 4][WEEKLIES]

Search This thread

HardCorePawn

Mar 24, 2009
Auckland

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The code source for the default "Slim" kernel for i9100.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][4.4.2][01/04]SlimKat - I9100 [Build 4][WEEKLIES], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
HardCorePawn, Tylog, SlimRoms
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Build 4
Stable Release Date: 2014-04-01

Created 2013-12-03
Last Updated 2014-08-20

HardCorePawn

Mar 24, 2009
Auckland
NOTES

SlimKat 4.4.2 Build 4

Build 4 is live! Please read the Changelog for more details including proper upgrade/installation methods, as well as notes on activating root.

Changes, Features & Fixes:
Changelog for Build 4
  • changelogs since stable SlimKat 3 release: 3.2 - 3.4 - 3.6 - 3.8 - 3.10
  • Framework: Fix LTE tile
  • Framework: SlimPie: turn on HA on highEndGfx devices
  • Framework: Add Landscape layout for ECA
  • Framework: Add support for QC's time_daemon
  • Framework: SystemUI: Remove broadcast from QH toggles
  • Settings: QuierHours service: call with qualified user and introduce controller
  • Settings: Fix possible illegal argument exception
  • Camera2: if camera HAL does not return valid picture formats do not show wrong values.
  • Device specific: several fixes and upstream. See attached changelog on the device download
  • Gapps: Complete rework of the gapps package. Update to Google Music, Google YouTube, Google PlayStore TRDS

Last edited:

HardCorePawn

Mar 24, 2009
Auckland
Known Issues

i9100 Specific Known Issues (Build 4 as at 01/04/2014):

• SDCard/Fuse Daemon issues (aka "Music Playback Bug"). On extended music play it can suddenly happen that the playback stops.
  • Camcorder - Zoom on 1080p mode is buggy see below for "workaround"
  • WiFi Direct doesn't work

General Known Issues (Build 4 as at 01/04/2014):
  • LTE tile: on clean flash if the first toggle of LTE tile does not work go into settings->more->mobile networks and set one time the network mode to 3g. After this the LTE toggle will work always as expected
  • National data roaming: If you tick the option in settings all entries get visually disabled although they still work. Do not worry about it and just re-enter the screen again and it is corrected. As long as SlimKat supports your provider this works as intended.

Notes:

• If you are running on ART, and you're having issues with an app... check this list to see whether app is known to have issues with ART.
  • Zoom on 1080p mode "sometimes" works... if you set camcorder to 1080p, switch to camera, change res so zoom starts working again, and then switch back to camcorder... zoom will work on 1080p :silly: However, if you turn the screen off, or close and re-open the camera, the zoom will be broken again :rolleyes: Also, once it stops working on camcorder, it'll probably stop working on camera as well until you change the resolution/picture size

4.4 mini-FAQ
  • Q) My recovery won't flash the 4.4 zip... aka "Status 7 error"... what do I do?
  • A) Get the i9100_SlimKat_4.4.2_compat_recovery zip attached below... flash it... reboot to recovery... be amazed by new TWRP recovery... then:
    • Wipe - Advanced - Select cache, dalvik, system (and Data if you want FULL wipe)
    • Install Slim ROM + Slim Gapps
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

• Q) Root doesn't work!
  • A) From a clean build you need to enable root access for Superuser itself. This is different from some earlier versions of android (4.2 and below) in which Superuser by default had root access on a new install. To do this, go to Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. If an app attempts to request root access before Superuser itself has access, it may cause problems with that app in the future where root requests are silently denied.

• Q) Developer Options? What Developer Options? I don't see that in Settings??!?
  • A) By default, this is conveniently hidden from view... as it does contain settings and options that can (and will) break stuff if you don't know what you're doing. If you require access to this, Settings -> About Phone... Then tap on the Build Number 7 times.

• Q) How to change DPI?
  • A) Currently, this feature hasn't been ported... so you'll need to install Texdroider DPI from the playstore... or edit /system/build.prop and change ro.sf.lcd_density to the desired value

• Q) I upgraded and lost my sim unlock, none of the unlock tools are working?
  • A) Unfortunately, I have nothing but Bad News™ for you :( Seems Samsung locked everything down and Google played along... Get a "proper" (aka carrier) unlock... or use older versions of Android... There is nothing we can do :(

• Q) Music just randomly stops playing... and then won't work properly until reboot and/or drains battery?
  • A) Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot we can do. Due to new SDCard handling and issues with FUSE, there is a strange quirk with Exynos4 devices like i9100 and n7000 where the system freaks out and dies... users have had various levels of success trying some of the following workarounds: 1. format sdcards with ExFAT (apparently can cause issues with backups and/or GPS apps??)... 2. Put all your music on internal SD...

More details can be found in this OmniROM thread...

Attachments

• i9100_SlimKat_4.4.2_compat_Recovery.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 7,549
Last edited:

kroz

Nov 14, 2010
Lipa
Slim features already included

Slim features already included (BETA 1.7):

Since we are now included in the official builds,
visit
www.slimroms.net
for the changes on each weeklies

Interface:

- Battery Icon

- Notification and QS Drawer
--- Hide Network Label
--- Notification Transparency
--- Shortcuts
--- Quick Settings
--- Background Style

- Status bar
--- Clock and date
--- Brightness Control

Navigation:

- Navigation bar
--- 5 Navbar buttons
--- Navring

- Global menu
--- Expanded desktop (immersive)

Slimcenter:

- Slimroms (website, bugreport, irc, donate, source)

- Slim OTA

- Slim sizer

More Features on Settings:

- Wi-Fi
--- Wi-Fi region code

- Sound
--- Advanced
------- Camera Shutter sound
------- Safe headset volume
------- Volume rocker music control
------- Less frequent notification sound
------- Power connectivity alert
--- Ascending ringtone
--- Volume adjust sound

- Display
--- Rotation (0, 90, 180, 270)
--- CRT Animation
--- Wakeup Options

- Security
--- Screen lock
------- Slide (theme style, custom handle)
------- PIN (change order of pin pad numbers)
--- Power button instantly lock
--- Quick unlock
--- Show slider before secure lock
--- App Security
------- Blacklist
------- Privacy Guard

- Advanced Options
--- Superuser
--- Media Scanner behavior on boot

Other Features on App:

- Camera
--- Smart capture
--- GPS indicator
--- Color effects
--- JPEG quality

- Dialer
--- Call Settings
------- Blacklist
------- Non intrusive incoming calls

- Mms
--- Easy selector of contacts
--- Split SMS
--- Multi-part SMS size
--- Privacy mode
--- Breathing notification
--- Quick message
--- Full timestamp
--- Original timestamp
--- Blacklist
--- Font size
--- Soft keyboard type
--- Text area

- Android IRC for SlimRoms

- Simple Explorer

- Slim Shortcuts

Last edited:

adzz37

Aug 13, 2013
philippines
working featres on OP

uhm maybe you could add WORKING FEATURES of slimrom on this slimkat i9100 alpha so there will be less questions for users/testers.... :)

and great job boss :D

089man

Sep 25, 2012
Where I found the download link for alpha kitkat? Only see add one kitkat on slim page and 4.3.
The link in op not go to kitkat section??

I9100 Tapatalk 4, Rom1 Pound Rom 4.4 Kitkat

Last edited:

kroz

Nov 14, 2010
Lipa
Where I found the download link for alpha kitkat? Only see add one kitkat on slim page and 4.3.
The link in op not go to kitkat section??

I9100 Tapatalk 4, Rom1 Pound Rom 4.4 Kitkat

link goes to download section of slim
go to weekly then i9100

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

uhm maybe you could add WORKING FEATURES of slimrom on this slimkat i9100 alpha so there will be less questions for users/testers.... :)

and great job boss :D

4th post edited

so users can see what to expect in this build

adzz37

Aug 13, 2013
philippines
link goes to download section of slim
go to weekly then i9100

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

4th post edited

so users can see what to expect in this build

tnx @kroz :) downloading now.....

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

how about art? anyone have tried?

adzz37

Aug 13, 2013
philippines
check my post again :D hehe

hey2x your fast :)
didnt see that hehehe...
ok tnx again for confirming hehehe.... downloading gapps now... gonna try that :D
hope this is better than omni :D

one more thing @kroz
is there any custom kernel compatible w/slimkat
i saw omni en cm11 have..... i just wonder if they will work on slimkat??

kroz

Nov 14, 2010
Lipa
hey2x your fast :)
didnt see that hehehe...
ok tnx again for confirming hehehe.... downloading gapps now... gonna try that :D
hope this is better than omni :D

one more thing @kroz
is there any custom kernel compatible w/slimkat
i saw omni en cm11 have..... i just wonder if they will work on slimkat??

never tried other kernel yet...
stay on stock kernel for now to be safe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The code source for the default "Slim" kernel for i9100.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][4.4.2][01/04]SlimKat - I9100 [Build 4][WEEKLIES], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    HardCorePawn, Tylog, SlimRoms
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Build 4
    Stable Release Date: 2014-04-01

Created 2013-12-03
    Last Updated 2014-08-20
    NOTES

SlimKat 4.4.2 Build 4

Build 4 is live! Please read the Changelog for more details including proper upgrade/installation methods, as well as notes on activating root.

Changes, Features & Fixes:
    Changelog for Build 4
    • changelogs since stable SlimKat 3 release: 3.2 - 3.4 - 3.6 - 3.8 - 3.10
    • Framework: Fix LTE tile
    • Framework: SlimPie: turn on HA on highEndGfx devices
    • Framework: Add Landscape layout for ECA
    • Framework: Add support for QC's time_daemon
    • Framework: SystemUI: Remove broadcast from QH toggles
    • Settings: QuierHours service: call with qualified user and introduce controller
    • Settings: Fix possible illegal argument exception
    • Camera2: if camera HAL does not return valid picture formats do not show wrong values.
    • Device specific: several fixes and upstream. See attached changelog on the device download
    • Gapps: Complete rework of the gapps package. Update to Google Music, Google YouTube, Google PlayStore TRDS
    Known Issues

i9100 Specific Known Issues (Build 4 as at 01/04/2014):

• SDCard/Fuse Daemon issues (aka "Music Playback Bug"). On extended music play it can suddenly happen that the playback stops.
    • Camcorder - Zoom on 1080p mode is buggy see below for "workaround"
    • WiFi Direct doesn't work

General Known Issues (Build 4 as at 01/04/2014):
    • LTE tile: on clean flash if the first toggle of LTE tile does not work go into settings->more->mobile networks and set one time the network mode to 3g. After this the LTE toggle will work always as expected
    • National data roaming: If you tick the option in settings all entries get visually disabled although they still work. Do not worry about it and just re-enter the screen again and it is corrected. As long as SlimKat supports your provider this works as intended.

Notes:

• If you are running on ART, and you're having issues with an app... check this list to see whether app is known to have issues with ART.
    • Zoom on 1080p mode "sometimes" works... if you set camcorder to 1080p, switch to camera, change res so zoom starts working again, and then switch back to camcorder... zoom will work on 1080p :silly: However, if you turn the screen off, or close and re-open the camera, the zoom will be broken again :rolleyes: Also, once it stops working on camcorder, it'll probably stop working on camera as well until you change the resolution/picture size

4.4 mini-FAQ
    • Q) My recovery won't flash the 4.4 zip... aka "Status 7 error"... what do I do?
    • A) Get the i9100_SlimKat_4.4.2_compat_recovery zip attached below... flash it... reboot to recovery... be amazed by new TWRP recovery... then:
      • Wipe - Advanced - Select cache, dalvik, system (and Data if you want FULL wipe)
      • Install Slim ROM + Slim Gapps
      • Reboot
      • Profit!

• Q) Root doesn't work!
    • A) From a clean build you need to enable root access for Superuser itself. This is different from some earlier versions of android (4.2 and below) in which Superuser by default had root access on a new install. To do this, go to Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. If an app attempts to request root access before Superuser itself has access, it may cause problems with that app in the future where root requests are silently denied.

• Q) Developer Options? What Developer Options? I don't see that in Settings??!?
    • A) By default, this is conveniently hidden from view... as it does contain settings and options that can (and will) break stuff if you don't know what you're doing. If you require access to this, Settings -> About Phone... Then tap on the Build Number 7 times.

• Q) How to change DPI?
    • A) Currently, this feature hasn't been ported... so you'll need to install Texdroider DPI from the playstore... or edit /system/build.prop and change ro.sf.lcd_density to the desired value

• Q) I upgraded and lost my sim unlock, none of the unlock tools are working?
    • A) Unfortunately, I have nothing but Bad News™ for you :( Seems Samsung locked everything down and Google played along... Get a "proper" (aka carrier) unlock... or use older versions of Android... There is nothing we can do :(

• Q) Music just randomly stops playing... and then won't work properly until reboot and/or drains battery?
    • A) Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot we can do. Due to new SDCard handling and issues with FUSE, there is a strange quirk with Exynos4 devices like i9100 and n7000 where the system freaks out and dies... users have had various levels of success trying some of the following workarounds: 1. format sdcards with ExFAT (apparently can cause issues with backups and/or GPS apps??)... 2. Put all your music on internal SD...

More details can be found in this OmniROM thread...
    Slim features already included

Slim features already included (BETA 1.7):

Since we are now included in the official builds,
    visit
    www.slimroms.net
    for the changes on each weeklies

Interface:

- Battery Icon

- Notification and QS Drawer
    --- Hide Network Label
    --- Notification Transparency
    --- Shortcuts
    --- Quick Settings
    --- Background Style

- Status bar
    --- Clock and date
    --- Brightness Control

Navigation:

- Navigation bar
    --- 5 Navbar buttons
    --- Navring

- Global menu
    --- Expanded desktop (immersive)

Slimcenter:

- Slimroms (website, bugreport, irc, donate, source)

- Slim OTA

- Slim sizer

More Features on Settings:

- Wi-Fi
    --- Wi-Fi region code

- Sound
    --- Advanced
    ------- Camera Shutter sound
    ------- Safe headset volume
    ------- Volume rocker music control
    ------- Less frequent notification sound
    ------- Power connectivity alert
    --- Ascending ringtone
    --- Volume adjust sound

- Display
    --- Rotation (0, 90, 180, 270)
    --- CRT Animation
    --- Wakeup Options

- Security
    --- Screen lock
    ------- Slide (theme style, custom handle)
    ------- PIN (change order of pin pad numbers)
    --- Power button instantly lock
    --- Quick unlock
    --- Show slider before secure lock
    --- App Security
    ------- Blacklist
    ------- Privacy Guard

- Advanced Options
    --- Superuser
    --- Media Scanner behavior on boot

Other Features on App:

- Camera
    --- Smart capture
    --- GPS indicator
    --- Color effects
    --- JPEG quality

- Dialer
    --- Call Settings
    ------- Blacklist
    ------- Non intrusive incoming calls

- Mms
    --- Easy selector of contacts
    --- Split SMS
    --- Multi-part SMS size
    --- Privacy mode
    --- Breathing notification
    --- Quick message
    --- Full timestamp
    --- Original timestamp
    --- Blacklist
    --- Font size
    --- Soft keyboard type
    --- Text area

- Android IRC for SlimRoms

- Simple Explorer

- Slim Shortcuts
    Ok... as most people are aware... Weekly Beta 2 is up...

Known Issues has been updated... the most obvious one being the camera... a lot of updates were made to the camera that fixed a lot of issues with the newer Exynos4 devices (smdk4412)... sadly, these have created a few issues with the older (smdk4210) devices like the i9100... please bear with us, while we get these sorted...

Also... I'm getting a little frustrated with the constant "X isn't working, Y is missing, where is feature Z?" type posts... :rolleyes:

If something is broken... before posting, please check the "Known issues" list... AFTER I have had a chance to update OP's when new versions are released! The release often happens when I am asleep (for the record, I am in UTC+13 timezone)...

If something is missing... it is missing... deal with it... nothing has really been moved around in 4.4... so if it is missing, it is because it hasn't been forward ported yet... be patient.

Rember, this is still a BETA... and, as mentioned SEVERAL times in the OPs... stuff is missing/broken... we KNOW it is missing/broken... we don't need constant reminders every day that stuff is still missing/broken... NO, we can't tell you when a specific feature will be re-added... NO, we can't tell you when a specific bug will be fixed...

We're doing our best... in some cases, on hardware without proper driver sources, with broken/hacked HALs!!?! :eek: