[ROM] [4.4.2] AOKP :: kitkat :: hammerhead

Search This thread

tizzi717

Apr 5, 2011
I try to install this rom but i have some problems. Ichoose the latest 2 builds KK to try. The latest gives me force close when i try to set a wallpaper with launcher3. The one rom before the latest give me force close since i start the phone. So what build can i choose? Someone can tell me the date of one build flawless? sorry for bad eng :fingers-crossed:

jwaggz82

Jul 28, 2010
I try to install this rom but i have some problems. Ichoose the latest 2 builds KK to try. The latest gives me force close when i try to set a wallpaper with launcher3. The one rom before the latest give me force close since i start the phone. So what build can i choose? Someone can tell me the date of one build flawless? sorry for bad eng :fingers-crossed:

Best advice, change roms. They are developing on this but its not like it was. Look for a android os v5 rom (bliss pop has one but there are others). Takes an extremely lot of effort to keep up with rom development, and this rom had a long run (the devs were great).

SteveMurphy

Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
Last edited:

Samarth_17

Sep 6, 2014
Good news to those who care; AOKP has returned from the dead with M builds, so check them out at these locations...

Google+ for update information:
https://plus.google.com/communities/114009911819515408480

BasketBuild for (obviously) new builds:
https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/aokp/hammerhead

I've tried several of their earlier M builds and they've been fine. Still missing some things, but at least there is development (read: kanging) happening.
Yesssss!!!!!! :highfive:

snowbdr89

Mar 30, 2011
salt lake city
Fantastic rom. Very smooth and good battery life with Hells b17

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 Chroma 6.0.1

I'm an average to above average user but I think it has good battery life but most of the times I just flash the kernel without setting anything up for extreme battery

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160229-162025.png
    Screenshot_20160229-162025.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 811

MatVekk

Jan 14, 2013
Padua
I'm an average to above average user but I think it has good battery life but most of the times I just flash the kernel without setting anything up for extreme battery
My setting in test

c86df4aab71621ae3ecc8bb69f32e800.jpg

d55710244fee2f811687dbc366ca777f.jpg

55bc0a21977bd8ed8c610edc809692d4.jpg

My battery

693e12ece0df5f807f309a332aff46b1.jpg

3e0007540d38047a8e9df36aedef6971.jpg

Only a bug in WiFi. when screen is off, WiFi is off. Any solution?
Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 AOKP 6.0.1

Last edited:

j0hnh0lmes

Jan 4, 2011
OnePlus 9
Thanks. ?

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

Good news to those who care; AOKP has returned from the dead with M builds, so check them out at these locations...

Google+ for update information:
https://plus.google.com/communities/114009911819515408480

BasketBuild for (obviously) new builds:
https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/aokp/hammerhead

I've tried several of their earlier M builds and they've been fine. Still missing some things, but at least there is development (read: kanging) happening.

Thanks. ?

Reactions: SteveMurphy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    83.png

Device: hammerhead (Nexus 5)

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Official downloads, mirrors, MD5s are found at AOKP.co

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » SOURCE on AOKP.co

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donation options on AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Why? This was a bad boys rom... Full of features and outside of the "law".... I flash it cause I though until now all aokp features will be in... And find out what that it's caf just like Corp CM... And features?? Stock has more.... Thats bad.... :(

Σεντ φρομ μυ Νεχυς 5

Didn't Roman go to cm? Coincidence? I think not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I don't think aokp is one person only... Any way... I can't stand to see aokp like this... I didn't finish restoring my apps and im flashing another rom...

Σεντ φρομ μυ Νεχυς 5

Roman moving on to CM has nothing to do with anything AOKP related.
    He is still allowed to work on AOKP...and still does.
    In fact...here is everything he committed for JellyBean MR2...
    http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged+branch:jb-mr2+owner:"Roman+Birg",n,z

And here's everything he's committed for KitKat so far...
    http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged+branch:kitkat+owner:"Roman+Birg",n,z

Three times as much in much LESS time.

Roman started AOKP...
    And he is a big part of the decision process.
    But he isn't the only developer working on AOKP...
    Nor has he been even close to the most active one since it literally first began.
    (Not a bash on Roman, we all have other isht to do and personally I love the guy =P)

And AOKP was never a "bad-boys'" rom. AOKP was original code...with original features...
    Imagined and written by AOKP contributors and team members.

AOKP started a revolution in ROMs, really.
    Before AOKP it was CM. And CM-based roms.
    AOKP came along...and everyone (developers and users alike) realized...hey...people like features...
    And 10,000 AOKP-based roms were born. Copy-paste roms based on AOKP primarily...
    Then a few other original roms popped up with their own take on what "original" features, code, methods, etc.
    Then other roms popped up that merged the main roms into one.
    And the users never know where anything is coming from...or what's going on internally for ANY team or "team."

ROMControl, for example, used to be...mostly...a Settings.apk based app.
    Initiating a preference was done in the same way as it is in Settings.apk...
    The vast majority of the code style...all the same.

Now...with KitKat...RomControl in itself must have been a huge undertaking. They had to literally rewrite checkbox, list-preference, color-preferences, etc...from scratch...to make the new UI work.

In framework (the part that makes the features work)...
    Steve re-wrote ribbons from scratch...
    The navbar customization was rewritten mostly from scratch...
    There's a Settings.AOKP. table where all features reside...rather than using the google-written Settings.System or Settings.Secure tables...
    Which I have ideas for their reasoning but I'll let them release that info whenever something comes of it.

TLDR;
    If you're not a developer...or at the least know how to read how many commits are being pushed through...
    Don't bother speculating. 10,000 copy/paste roms later...AOKP is still running strong. That alone is impressive.
    The bug in the last nightly has been fixed and a new build will rollout soon. 
    Haz Pie???

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No, but spelling correction. :)
    Please stop it now. I was making a joke, because if you look again it is a valid answer to the question.

I don't know about other working kernels, but searching and trying should be the minimum someone does.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone