[ROM][4.4.2] Beanstalk Rom [D800/801/802/D803/VSLS980][2/16]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Hey fellas,

I stumbled upon an inverted Beanstalk bootanimation. It's pretty slick, just move the existing .zip file and replace with the one from the link below to: /system/media and reboot.

Enjoy!

4enyqa8e.jpg

https://db.tt/NEYhGNOb

Credits Ryan Kremer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

fanghan

Dec 13, 2010
Hi, i just flashed the latest rom (20130126) coming from Flex rom and realised something weird : my device is a D802, i downloaded the D802 version of Beanstalk, and after installing, (full wipe, everything yada yada) my device is recognised as a D801 instead. Its shown as a "LG-D801" on my PC, and under its Model Number in About phone, it's also listed as a D801.

Is this suppose to happen? Everything seems to be working correctly from first impressions, having LTE signals too. I have forgotten to flash Gapps for the rom, but dont think that could cause a model number change. Im currently reverting back to Flex rom for the next 3 days due to needing it for Chinese New Year in Singapore, but will redownload the D802 Beanstalk version to try again right after that.

I have attached 2 screenshots from the About Phone menu, 1 from the Flex rom and 1 from the Beanstalk rom that showed D801.
63555_592812014129062_1499389648_n.jpg

1656390_592822060794724_2115359851_n.jpg

jsanta11

Jan 22, 2008
Bayamon
Love the update running on my d801 T-Mobile.. Only issue is I can't control the volume when listening to music it stays on high no matter how low I turn it down also when watching movies on mx player

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

kennonk

Hi, i just flashed the latest rom (20130126) coming from Flex rom and realised something weird : my device is a D802, i downloaded the D802 version of Beanstalk, and after installing, (full wipe, everything yada yada) my device is recognised as a D801 instead. Its shown as a "LG-D801" on my PC, and under its Model Number in About phone, it's also listed as a D801.

Is this suppose to happen? Everything seems to be working correctly from first impressions, having LTE signals too. I have forgotten to flash Gapps for the rom, but dont think that could cause a model number change. Im currently reverting back to Flex rom for the next 3 days due to needing it for Chinese New Year in Singapore, but will redownload the D802 Beanstalk version to try again right after that.

I just flashed the d800 version, and while flashing in recovery the d800 zip says it was for the d801. Once I booted into the rom I went to about phone and there is also says d801. But my radio works, data works, and everything else seems to be working correctly so I think it is just a typo, the rom seems built correctly so far.

dr_w

Jun 16, 2007
California
battery life and random reboots | SOD

Can anyone comment on random reboots | SOD's? Typically AOSP/CM builds for VS980 have had this problem. Anyone experiencing this?

Also, can anyone comment on battery life?

THanks.

360Razir

Jan 6, 2011
Love the update running on my d801 T-Mobile.. Only issue is I can't control the volume when listening to music it stays on high no matter how low I turn it down also when watching movies on mx player

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Can duplicate this on VS980 (using Play Music).

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Can anyone comment on random reboots | SOD's? Typically AOSP/CM builds for VS980 have had this problem. Anyone experiencing this?
THanks.

To get "Knock On" working, had to flash Paek 5.2. When I use that kernel, within Trickster Mod, I up the voltage by 50 on the 300 level (running 300-2265) and then the other levels accordingly. I also use Intellidemand for the governor. With this setup, no RRs and no SODs. YMMV

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

benjmiester

Feb 15, 2012
Sony Xperia Z3v
LG G4
To get "Knock On" working, had to flash Paek 5.2. When I use that kernel, within Trickster Mod, I up the voltage by 50 on the 300 level (running 300-2265) and then the other levels accordingly. I also use Intellidemand for the governor. With this setup, no RRs and no SODs. YMMV

Were you having any issues/RRs before doing the over volting? Just playing it safe?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

kirch21

Feb 2, 2009
ir blaster

did a search and came up with nothing, sorry if this has been brought up in the past, but my G2 is coming in tomorrow and im thinking I will go with this ROM... my question is does the IR blaster work on this ROM or any AOSP ROM? Coming from the GS4 and I use it all the time, but I cant handle touchwiz any longer. thanks!

360Razir

Jan 6, 2011
Were you having any issues/RRs before doing the over volting? Just playing it safe?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

With KK I get both using Paek. In that thread, it was suggested to up the voltage by 25, then 50, and so on....50 just seemed like the sweet-spot for my phone and no issues ever since.

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

did a search and came up with nothing, sorry if this has been brought up in the past, but my G2 is coming in tomorrow and im thinking I will go with this ROM... my question is does the IR blaster work on this ROM or any AOSP ROM? Coming from the GS4 and I use it all the time, but I cant handle touchwiz any longer. thanks!

I don't use the LG Remote app anymore, but I still have the app and it worked just fine for me on the KK ROMs I tried.

Reactions: kirch21

[email protected]

May 3, 2010
Cloud 9, O'hara
issue report. d803, 1/26 build

Hey guys. I think I found an issue on the latest 1/26 Build for the d803
Whenever I listen to music using headphones, the volume stays stuck on high. It doesn't come down, not even with volume keys

360Razir

Jan 6, 2011
Whenever I listen to music using headphones, the volume stays stuck on high. It doesn't come down, not even with volume keys

This was posted already...looks like it is an issue across all builds. However, I can adjust the volume using my Bluetooth headset.

dr87

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2013

its a complaint in nexus 5 forums also, dev has to fix it in this rom :good:

kenbrownstone

Feb 12, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
Ive tried several times to flash Paek kernel on this ROM several times for the knock to work. But it always fails. Anyone know why it would do that ? I'm on vs980 twrp latest.12b ota

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Ive tried several times to flash Paek kernel on this ROM several times for the knock to work. But it always fails. Anyone know why it would do that ? I'm on vs980 twrp latest.12b ota

So the ROM works fine till you try and flash paek? Kernel may not be updated for 12b is the only thing I can think of.

Sent from my Vs980

kenbrownstone

Feb 12, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
Yep runs just fine. I haven't been able to use that kernel on anything .I figured it might be that...But I've only had this phone for a week so I have been trying to learn as I go....Thanks

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Yep runs just fine. I haven't been able to use that kernel on anything .I figured it might be that...But I've only had this phone for a week so I have been trying to learn as I go....Thanks

Ayysir is working again on his kernel so hopefully he updates to the new ota. If not post on datechnerds thread on the vs forums he made for twrp and cwm 12b.

He's back to school, but he should be able to patch it for you as he has Roms for people. Just might rake a few days or something for him to have time

Sent from my Vs980

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beanstalk-Presentation.png

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk. This is a build composed off of the CM builds and has a lot of added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

Features.png

• CM based
    • Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    • Customizable Lockscreen text color
    • Lockscreen rotation
    • Option to enable all widgets
    • Minimize lockscreen challange
    • Use widget carousel
    • Slider Shortcuts
    • Static Lockscreen shortcuts
    • Lockscreen button actions
    • LCD Density
    • Scroll elasticity options
    • Default App grip option
    • Custom Carrier label
    • Dual Pane options
    • Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
    • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    • Status bar color and transparency
    • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
    • Breathing SMS option
    • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
    • Do not disturb option
    • Show notification count
    • Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
    • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
    • Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
    • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    • Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
    • High end graphic effects option
    • option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    • Low battery warning customizable options
    • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
    • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    • Less frequent Notification sounds options
    • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    • CM Performance options and features
    • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
    • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    • option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
    • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

Bugs.png

*Titanium backup lag like most G2 kitkat roms
    *Not a bug just don't want it mentioned - No cm cLock, for some reason that app on this phone can do a battery drain in 3 hours

Gapps.png

Download 4.4.2 GAPPS from here

Download.png

Downloads

DOWNLOAD MAIN ROM AND FLASH YOUR VARIANTS DEVICE PATCH DIRECTLY AFTER

BeanStalk 4.4.247 - 2/11/2014
    Added PIE - All credit to slimrom devs
    Added BS Platlogo (thanks skyliner for drawables)
    Port SmoothProgressBar: User Custom ProgressBar Setting - thanks hany
    Cleaned up display settings
    Large recents
    recents background color
    Fixed tablet menus
    Improve apps ops detail screen
    Added chameleon Gesture anywhere (thanks hany for the port job)
    Added back xposed app
    Add option to access xposed from settings - Thanks Hany
    * Fixed settings app languages issues
    * Day and week on data cycle option
    * Super advanced custom toggle
    * Navbar and dpi improvements
    * Audio Themes! (Please visit the omni audio themes page for instructions and sound packs!)
    * Custom notification header
    * Breathing icons (mms, missed call, voicemail)
    * Lockscreen Notifications!
    * Multi window! (Still a WIP, but much improved from 4.3 implementation. If you open an app in multi window mode, you need to either close out of the app or remove it from recents history or it will keep the multi window form. Also, Multi window option is disabled when HALO is active to avoid issues with HALO layout)
    * dont disable lockscreen widgets on low memory devices
    * Made HALO window moveable and scaleable
    * Add Dialer suggestions and reverse lookup
    * lights: Add music light support
    * Numerous improvements throughout the build
    * I know there are a ton of additions and features i forgot to mention

Installation.png

• Make sure you are rooted with a custom recovery
    • Download both the BeanStalk build and the latest GAPPs package.
    • Boot into recovery
    • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe /system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    • Flash BeanStalk build
    • Flash GAPPs package
    • Reboot

After installation go to Settings - Performance - Memory Management - Tick " Allow purging of assets " and reboot.
      This is only necessary until I get a memory leak bug figured out.
      Fixed

Source.png

Beanstalk source can be found HERE
    Kernel Source
    Thanks to @scott.hart.bti who created beanstalk rom​
    Ohhh boy........

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Building now :good:
    So new update soon for my favorite Rom.�� niceeeeee

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

today :)

edit - few more hours, ran into some issues with pc
    Updated main post, builds are uploading. As they finish they will appear in the folder in the downloads link
    Big update coming soon + beanstalk sync + sprint version

Been working on some core G2 things like device tree, new vendor blobs (and much less of them) echo will be fixed and other things - which will be used to build this rom as it is used on my mahdi rom currently. Should be much smoother also.

Since this is based on cm though I'm not sure if sprint will have that data issue.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone