[ROM][4.4.2][hlte-unified]MIUI V5 for Galaxy Note 3[08/08 more or less stable]

Search This thread

tramane

Jun 11, 2005
Austin, TX
I'm on 4.8.8 can't get 4g to enable at all on N9000T

When going into mobile networks and choosing different options for preferred network it doesn't stick. Everything else runs smooth though.

Any fixes?

kstephens98

Apr 29, 2009
For those not able to get data (sprint), grab the apns-conf.xml from a working aosp unified rom and replace it in system/etc then fix permissions. You'll also need to change your network mode by dialing *#*#4636#*#* and also in settings mobile network. Also LTE wont stick through reboot so you have to change preferred network in settings each boot.

Also change language and location to en and us in build.prop

Last edited:

kstephens98

Apr 29, 2009
For those not able to get data (sprint), grab the apns-conf.xml from a working aosp unified rom and replace it in system/etc then fix permissions. You'll also need to change your network mode by dialing *#*#4636#*#* and also in settings mobile network. Also LTE wont stick through reboot so you have to change preferred network in settings each boot.

Also change language and location to en and us in build.prop

edit: actually there's a couple of other things too. I'll upload a modified build that will work with sprint data. You'll still have to set your network manually with the dialer codes first and then in settings. After that each reboot in settings.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: neudof

kstephens98

Apr 29, 2009
Okay, this build works on Sprint. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712466287

On first boot, go to dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#*, then into Phone Information and scroll down and set your preferred network type to LTE/CDMA auto (PRL). Back out and go into settings, mobile networks, select network mode and change it to CDMA+LTE/EVDO. Next go into Access Points Names and click on Sprint LTE internet and you should be set.

You'll need to go into settings, mobile networks and change the network mode to CDMA+LTE/EVDO on each reboot and check your APN. Not sure why it won't stick.

Last edited:

neudof

Nov 24, 2008
Mayer, MN
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Let me know if this helps..

Step One: download MIUI zip and download gapps from the OP (all preferably on computer). It could easily be a bad download.

Step Two: Make a nandroid backup of original and also backup apps(to external sd card).

Step Three: Download APN Backup and restore along with system app mover. Move APN Backup and restore to your system/app using system app mover and your phone should ask to reboot. Do it.

Step Four: Go into APN Backup (DO THIS ON A WORKING ROM). Assuming your data is working, make a backup file. To do so click settings and press don't check for ics. Then press backup APN. Finally move that backup file to your EXTERNAL SDCARD (It should be automatically on your internal sdcard)

Step Five: Move the MIUI ROM file and Gapps from step two to the sdcard of your phone.

Step Six: Boot into your custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) and wipe everything, format/data wipe and advanced wipe. (CHECK EVERY BOX EXCEPT MICROSD AND USB OTG)

Step Seven: Install only the ROM itself. Boot it up. Make sure it loads. Once you do so reboot back into recovery. (You can do Gapps if you're certain it's working this is just a precaution.)

Step Eight: Install Gapps. Boot it up. Make sure everything is still working.

Step Nine: After completing the setup (and connecting to wifi) download APN setting and restore as well as system app mover. Make it a system app. Mover your APN settings folder back to where it was before on your internal sd card. Reboot.

Step Ten: Restore APN Settings. You should now be running a completely clean, data working version of MIUI with Gapps.

Reactions: kstephens98

kstephens98

Apr 29, 2009
Let me know if this helps..

Step One: download MIUI zip and download gapps from the OP (all preferably on computer). It could easily be a bad download.

Step Two: Make a nandroid backup of original and also backup apps(to external sd card).

Step Three: Download APN Backup and restore along with system app mover. Move APN Backup and restore to your system/app using system app mover and your phone should ask to reboot. Do it.

Step Four: Go into APN Backup (DO THIS ON A WORKING ROM). Assuming your data is working, make a backup file. To do so click settings and press don't check for ics. Then press backup APN. Finally move that backup file to your EXTERNAL SDCARD (It should be automatically on your internal sdcard)

Step Five: Move the MIUI ROM file and Gapps from step two to the sdcard of your phone.

Step Six: Boot into your custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) and wipe everything, format/data wipe and advanced wipe. (CHECK EVERY BOX EXCEPT MICROSD AND USB OTG)

Step Seven: Install only the ROM itself. Boot it up. Make sure it loads. Once you do so reboot back into recovery. (You can do Gapps if you're certain it's working this is just a precaution.)

Step Eight: Install Gapps. Boot it up. Make sure everything is still working.

Step Nine: After completing the setup (and connecting to wifi) download APN setting and restore as well as system app mover. Make it a system app. Mover your APN settings folder back to where it was before on your internal sd card. Reboot.

Step Ten: Restore APN Settings. You should now be running a completely clean, data working version of MIUI with Gapps.

This wont work for sprint. There were more changes to the ROM that were made than just APNs in order to get data to work. Also the build I put up will allow you to hang up properly. At least on sprint.

Reactions: neudof

wormy987123

Jun 19, 2012
This wont work for sprint. There were more changes to the ROM that were made than just APNs in order to get data to work. Also the build I put up will allow you to hang up properly. At least on sprint.

I can confirm that it works for Sprint. I even got a gaps package working by flashing it in recovery. This is the package I used, http://en.miui.com/thread-37719-1-1.html
yby6ajy2.jpg

Last edited:

kstephens98

Apr 29, 2009
hmmm. I stand corrected then. my bad. Are you able to disconnect a call?

Last edited:
Reactions: milton007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI V5 for Note 3 (hlte)

Based on SlimKat for hlte and MIUI V5 Patchrom for KitKat

Please take note that although this ROM is based on SlimKat, you will get a MIUI experience instead of an AOSP one.

The MIUI 6 is rolling out soon. So now I only aim for daily use for this ROM. I will immediately port the MIUI 6 to Note 3 once it comes out and provide long-term support for it.

This ROM is built for all hlte devices (N9005/P/T/A/V/W8/R4). Please do not flash it on your Exynos variant.

This is the first time I deal with MIUI Patchrom. I am trying my best to fix all problems. Your bug report is greatly appreciated!
    Please forgive me if I cannot reply on time. I am still in high school...

About MIUI

http://en.miui.com/
    If you still do not know what MIUI is (seriously???...), you may check the link above for more details.
    And please... MIUI is way more than just themes and the iOS-style layout.
    You will be able to feel the "humanization" involved in each small details when you use it.
    FYI: You may want to try the MiCloud service.

Features

Of course, all amazing MIUI features.
    Rooted (Go to Security --- Permission to enable and manage.)

Screenshots

How to install

This ROM should work on both jb and kk bootloader. You may want to upgrade to kk bootloader if you encounter weird issues.

Please use the latest PhilZ Touch Recovery for hlte!!! Or you won't boot!!!
    Wipe Data/Cache/System (Important)
    Flash the zip file downloaded.

Downloads
    MIUI Official Server [08/08]
    Xda DevDB [08/08]

Known Issues

All variants:
    Vibrate on touch does not work.
    Root is broken, please use SuperSU first.

FAQs

1. Custom kernels?
    You have to do some modification to the boot.img before you flash your custom AOSP kernel. You may google the method.

2. Modifications to the ROM?
    Please contact me first before you do ANY modifications to the ROM. Thank you very much.

3. ART?
    It is high NOT recommended that you turn on ART, which MIUI has yet to support.

If you like this ROM, please click the "Thanks" button. We will also appreciate a lot if you connect to the Internet at least once after flashing for statistical purposes.

I would like to thank:
    Google for Android
    Xiaomi for MIUI
    Cyanogen for pioneer work of AOSP for hlte
    SlimTeam for SlimKat
    bhflower for all the help
    All users for supporting us

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

XDA:DevDB Information
    MIUI V5 for hlte-unified, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    JTJTJ
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: MIUI

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 4.7.25
    Beta Release Date: 2014-07-25

Created 2014-07-15
    Last Updated 2014-08-08
    Got my hands on V6 miui from MI3
    Gonna try to port it and see if I get boot from that one :) good things to come

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So got to v6 miui boot animation now checking the logcat to see what's stopping it from booting then will see

I might have an update patchrom build for 4.4.4 by tomorrow if all goes good updated to latest cm just working on patching smali right now so if anyone wants to test for me let me know data and all should work

I knew there was a reason I traded my m8 for the note 3! LBX on MIUI....

I would love to test for you again if you are still looking for help!

Lol and I was about to trade my Note 3 for M8 lol glad I stayed good to see a few familiar faces and as progress for my build you guys know how I work I don't release till I feel its good enough and working out a few bugs will have something flashable withing this week coming up at work right now but will work on it more tonight

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Are we there yet?? LOL

Getting their had a few issues with getting it to properly build from source but now just fixing out the small bugs before I have a good working build for you all