• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [4.4.2] JazzROM-GT-N5110-KitKat - With SPen Aircommand Feature (v3.1)

Search This thread

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
Air-Command-Galaxy-Note-3.jpg

Code:
**[COLOR="red"]* Disclaimer[/COLOR]
Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included 
in this ROM before flashing it! 
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger 
at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

About JazzROM-GT-N5110-KitKat [please read carefully]
First thing first; I don't consider myself an experienced ROM developer nor pretend to be one here.
This ROM based on both stock 4.4.2 and @civato 's 4.4.2 ROM (you should be already familiar with his ROMs)
It uses @civato 's KK Kernel, which I found superior to stock 4.4.2 kernel. So whatever Civato listed on KK Kernel feature applies here as well.
There are a lot of my own ported apps included in this ROM. I am not going to list them all here, I am sure you will find them out one by one when playing around with ROM.
Aside from ported apps, you will also find out many features in the ROM as well, like S5 practicle effect on lock screen, etc..
Needless to say, this includes my famous ported SPen Aircommand features too. Don't ask me to remove Spen Aircommand, if you don't want it, you are in wrong ROM thread my friend!

Because of SPen Aircommand, Chrome and Reading mode does NOT work (causes soft-reboot), so please do NOT report it as issue
since this is known bug since beginning (remember all discussing about it in Civato's ROM thread, so let's not discuss it here again!), so make sure use
Chrome Beta and turn off Reading Mode
in the settings
. If you think these two are too critical to you, then again this ROM is NOT for you my friend!

Requirements

1. A Galaxy Note 8 GT-N5110 WiFi Model only
  2. Install PhilzTouch Recovery for your device (I'm using philz_touch_6.41.6-n5110).
  3. You should be already on Kitkat Bootloader - Please read Civato's FlexBurst ROM thread about KK bootloader stuff and discussing. Please do NOT ask here again if you can use JB bootloader or not.
  4. Be nice, be open-minded, respect others in this thread, do NOT be jerk ask nicely. If I don't answer you, don't be get offended, remember this is given as FREE and I am doing it on my spare time!
  5. It won't kill you if you say Thank you or click Thank you button once in a while.

Download

Installation instructions

Warning!: You need to follow these instruction step by step, if you do NOT, you will have problem!

1. Download and copy JazzROM-GT-N5110-KitKat-v3.1.zip to your device (preferably on internal SD)
2. Please Backup (full nandroid!) your device, in case you wanted to revert back the way it was.
3. Reboot into PhilzTouch recovery
4. Do Wipe Data/Factory Reset in PhilzTouch recovery.
5. Do Wipe Caches in PhilzTouch recovery
6. Go to Advance --> Whipe Dalvik Caches in PhilzTouch recovery
7. Flash the JazzROM-GT-N5110-KitKat, when it finishes, reboot your tablet
8. Once your tablet reboots, don't touch anything at least 15 mins, let the ROM settles down, so please wait..get a coffee or something..
8.1. After 15 mins later, now you can go thru your normal setup of your device, once initial setup is done, reboot it back into PhilzTouch recovery again, and do this two steps one more time;
8.2. Do Wipe Caches in PhilzTouch recovery
8.3. Go to Advance --> Wipe Dalvik Caches in PhilzTouch recovery, and reboot your tablet​
9. Once tablet reboots it back, find SuperSU and open it, if it prompts you to need to update Binary, update it.

Important!: Up to here (step 9), you should able to move around, check it out, do Google app updates, add your email account, Google accounts, etc..all normal setup like you do when you step
your tablet first time. Enable multiwindow, and check multiwindow side bar, etc, and make sure multiwindow works. Click on Air Command Shortcut app, and click OK when it prompts you, once you done with it, close Air Command Shortcut app and now Pull out spen, make sure SPen Aircommand window shows up and click on each options and make sure all works (action memo, scrap booker, screen write, etc). Make sure check everything here, all working as it supposed, If there's problem, start over from Step 1 again...

10. Open Xposed installer and go to Xposed Framework, install Xposed framework, and when it prompts you to reboot, reboot your tablet.
11. Leave Synapse App (kernel tweaks) settings all default, I found out that default settings plays nicely with @Civato's Kernel.
12. Get the moded SystemUI, please see post#2 below for instruction. V3.0 comes with moded SystemUI, if you don't like it, flash stock one on post#2
13. I hope you Enjoy the ROM,[/I]

Additional Info about xposed
I have following xposed apps installed on my device - keep in mind some are paid/donation ones, support the developers and buy it;
-Amplify (enabled)
-App Settings (enabled)
-ButteredToast (enabled)
-Flat Style Colored Bars (enabled)
-Gesture Navigation (enabled) - instead of using xblast tools, I use this one's gesture settings - double tab to sleep and long press to open Aircommand window
-Greenify (enabled)
-PerAppFonts (enabled)
-Popup Window Mod (enabled)
-Wannam Xposed (currently not enabled)
-Xblast Tools (currently not enabled)
-Xposed Fast TWLauncher (enabled)

Using both Amplify and Greenify helps extend battery life. My ported TouchWiz launcher already optimized (by me) for smoothness, and having Xposed Fast TWLauncher seems like
makes it much smoother. Xposed Fast TWLauncher originally intended to Note 3 devices's SecLauncher, but it works fine here. I am currently not using Wannam Xposed nor Xblast Tools,
- I was relying on them because of gesture stuff, but since now I switched to Gesture Navigation, I disabled both of them on my device. if you want to use it, use only one of them as they may conflict each others.

Warning: Xposed stuff and apps are great way to customize and add extra feature to your device, but sometimes they causes a lot of conflict to each other and device itself, which eventually makes your
device unstable. So My personal experience and suggestion to you is always be cautious. before you go crazy with xposed stuff - always make a full-nandroid backup.

Additional Settings
I have these are set to (Settings --> Developer Options)
Window animation scale 0.5x
Transition animation scale 0.5x
Animator duration scale 0.5
x​
You may loose some fancy animation (which is not noticeable anyway), setting them 0.5x makes the device much smoother and better performance. Of curse, this is up to you if you want
to have, I am just throwing it here just in case if you like to give a try!

Known Issues/Bugs
None of these issues mentioned here causes any instability of your device nor anything major, these issues considered as very minor, nothing showstopper
As it is mentioned above, Both Chrome and turning on Reading Mode (and using play books, or any other ebook reader) causes soft-reboot. Please use Chrome Beta from play store. There's no work around for reading mode, if this is very important for you, then you should probably using other stock base ROM(s). Because this ROM included latest ported and moded TouchWiz launcher from Galaxy Tab 4's 4.4.4 firmware, setting wallpaper lockscreen using TouchWiz launcher's settings causes launcher to FC, instead please set your lockscreen wallpaper thru Settings --> Display --> Lockscreen

Help and Troubleshooting
I have been running this ROM several weeks by now, and considering this ROM is quite stable and smooth, but as saying goes, there's no Perfect ROM, everyone uses his/her own devices quite differently, so there could be some bug(s) that I may overlooked. In addition, I had ROM testers who tested the ROM several times. If you follow install instruction carefully step by step and did clean install, you should not have any problem - all should work fine except two bugs Chrome and Reading Mode (see above for explanation).

It is very critical to read entire OP post here before posting question(s). Remember that this is provided as it is, means I am not your full time tech-support. Several people here in Note 8 community know me that I always try to help, but sometimes I don't know the answer nor have solution for your issue, so please do NOT be offended, ask here and maybe others will help you. Remember this is community driven thread, so help each other whenever possible.

Thanks To/Credits
I would like THANK TO;
  • @Civato; For giving us KitKat 4.4.2 CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0 ROM & Kernel, and his continues support for Note 8 Community!, without him, this ROM never been possible.
  • @BB, @glockman4519, @OSCARIBANYEZ, @upsetminded, @mcpterra; Volunteering for test JazzROM and taking time and providing the feedback. And @andrei1412 for providing base SystemUI mode for our device.
  • And several others, who kindly PM'ed me and asked me if I need more ROM tester, and anyone I forgot to mention here, I THANK YOU ALL.

XDA:DevDB Information
JazzROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors
jazzespresso
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: KK bootloader

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.1
Stable Release Date: 2015-02-14

Created 2015-01-20
Last Updated 2015-02-14

Last edited:

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
How to get moded SystemUI on JazzROM?

This one is a bit tricky, but I am sure you eventually get new look of SystemUI (see screenshot) working without any issue or FCs, so be patient here;
Now, it is very important that you followed all steps outlined above first post and you checked everything (including Multiwindow sidebar, Spen Aircommand,..etc),
and you have been using your tablet at least couple hours!
Once you are confident that everything is working and no issue, copy both of these zip files to your device and go head flash this in recoveryJazzROM_Note_8_Mod_SystemUI.zip.
- do not clear caches nor dalvik caches!, just simply reboot your tablet after flashing. Now, when your tablet reboots, it could happen two things; it is either get SystemUI stopped error or
you will get no error.

If you get t SystemUI stopped error, flash JazzROM_Note_8_Stock_SystemUI.zip to revert it back the change and reboot your tablet. Once you got stock SystemUI in place and rebooted your tablet,
what you can try is doing it manually copy systemUI.apk (from JazzROM_Note_8_Mod_SystemUI.zip) to system\priv-app folder, give the permission 644, and reboot and check and see if you still getting error.
If no more error, you are probably good to go. It may take you couple of try, but I don't see a reason this won't work since it has been working fine on my device!

Assuming you got new SystemUI working no issue, it is very important to re-check everything again everything (including Multiwindow sidebar, Spen Aircommand,..etc),

Mod_SystemUI;
JazzROM_Note_8_Mod_SystemUI.zip

To revert it back to stock SystemUI, flash this in recovery and reboot;
JazzROM_Note_8_Stock_SystemUI.zip

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-20-19-58-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-20-19-58-37.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 3,735
Last edited:

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
Additional Apps for JazzROM

Additional Apps &Customization for JazzROM:

This is the section where you will find some additional apps, customization of JazzROM and give you some alternatives.
Even if I mostly tested them all, I would still recommend you to do some kind of backup before you start exploring these apps, and customization

===*****************************************************************************=======================
Alternate Home Launcher(s) for JazzROM
Asus ZenUI Launcher
Flash it in custom recovery, and then when your tablet reboots, choose Asus Launcher
- Asus ZenUI launcher (JazzROM_Note8_Ported_Asus_ZenUI_Launcher)
===*****************************************************************************=======================
LenovoLauncher HD (From Lenovo Tablet S8-50, USA)
Sometimes a simple launcher is all you need. Here I am presenting you LenovoLauncher HD. My wife likes this because it mimics iPad (she has iPad Mini),
so whenever she wants to use my Note 8 tablet, she switches to this Launcher. By the way it start to grown on me for some strange reason, maybe because of it simplicity?
Anyway, it is nice looking launcher. I have modified this launcher to fit nicely to our screen. Please note that app name under icons is small, can't able to make it bigger
even if I tried 13p font size, it still gets the default font size, but this really does not bothers me - so don't ask if I increase it or not. Second;
when this launcher is not set default, and if you uninstall an app, it give FC (but still works), so just ignore that..
This is NOT flashable zip, so in order to install, copy content of package to your tablet and install as normal apps. It includes onekey lock and mirage theme
(pulled from Lenovo Tablet S8-50). In my setup, I place the lenovo launcher in System\app folder, and i installed onekeylock and mirage theme as normal apk...
- LenovoLauncher HD (JazzROM_Note8_LenovoLauncherHD_ROW.zip)

See screenshots of LenovoLauncher HD in case you carious how it looks
Alternate Apps(s) for JazzROM
SecCalender Tablet SPen (From latest GT-N5100-4.4.4 firmware upgrade)
Maybe you don't know, Samsung just pushed 4.4.4 firmware upgrade to GT-N5100, had chance to download firmware, here extracted (deodexed) ]SecCalender Tablet SPen apps.
This is NOT flashable zip, so in order to install, copy to your device's system\app folder, before you copy two apps, make sure you delete the ones comes with JazzROM (or backup, in case you want to revert it back). Anyway, did not see huge diffrences, it seems app is a little polished that's all...but thought I should share with you and give you an options which version oc SecCalender to use..
- SecCalender Tablet SPen (GT-N5100-4.4.4_SecCalendar_Tablet_SPen)
New AccuweatherTablet2014_BG_WXGA (see screenshot below)
Here's new Accuweather widget,widget is 6x3 size, so it fits perfectly fine on our device. Package includes two apps; AccuweatherTablet2014_BG_WXGA_tvdpi.apk and WeatherDaemon2014.apk
This is NOT flashable zip, so in order to install, copy files to your device's system\app folder, - before you copy two apps, make sure you delete the ones comes with JazzROM (or just back them up, in case you want to revert it back) and give permission 644 and reboot.
- New AccuweatherTablet2014_BG_WXGA (New_AccuweatherTablet2014_BG_WXGA_tvdpi.)

SecThemeChooser for JazzROM's TouchWiz Launcher (see screenshot below)
This is http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2722650 originally made for Note 3 theme chooser, but it also works on JazzROM's moded TouchWiz launcher as well. Because I ported latest TouchWiz launcher from Tab 8's 4.4.4 firmware, so seems like Samsung's newest stock launcher supports theme chooser (but apprently it was disabled). Anyway, using this method will enable it. Please read install instruction in above xperiacle's thread how to install. Here I am including download link, this has some extras - several additional themes included. Have fun.
- Download JazzROM_TouchWiz_SecThemeChooser (JazzROM_TouchWiz_SecThemeChooser)

HTC Sense 7.0 Apps
HTC Sense 7 - Scribble app
- Download (HTC Sense 7 - Scribble app)
dc1a90a03fab694e670c3efdd0866e3b.jpg

-- more will be coming soon

Attachments

• Screenshot_02_m.jpg
    Screenshot_02_m.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 4,313
  • Screenshot_03_m.jpg
    Screenshot_03_m.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 4,141
  • Screenshot_04_m.jpg
    Screenshot_04_m.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 4,044
  • Screenshot_05_m.jpg
    Screenshot_05_m.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 4,205
  • Screenshot_06_m.jpg
    Screenshot_06_m.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 4,020
  • Screenshot_01_m.jpg
    Screenshot_01_m.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 4,222
  • Screenshot_new_accuweather.jpg
    Screenshot_new_accuweather.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 3,726
  • 2014-04-19-15-28-51.jpg
    2014-04-19-15-28-51.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 3,462
Last edited:

sisterchick

Feb 4, 2010
Texas!
Thank you!

Trying out JazzROM. Thank you for putting it together. Very smooth. I like the updated apps. Battery life on day 1 seemed a little low, but have brought up Greenify and will see what the next few days bring. The take-away message here though is a big THANK YOU!

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
Trying out JazzROM. Thank you for putting it together. Very smooth. I like the updated apps. Battery life on day 1 seemed a little low, but have brought up Greenify and will see what the next few days bring. The take-away message here though is a big THANK YOU!

Battery consumption should be the same like Civato's ROM really. I am getting good battery usage, not perfect, but consider it normal (again, comparing the civato's ROM). Both Amplify xposed and Greenify helps extend battery life, in fact I am using both apps all my current devices. Let me know how your experiences with JazzROM goes..

diaz535

May 4, 2013
I followed every point in your installation instructions, but multi windows is not working.. can you please help me? BTW. I miss the keyboard secondary symbols.. thank you for your hard work, it's realy a good room.

Last edited:

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
I followed every point in your installation instructions, but multi windows is not working.. can you please help me? BTW. I miss the keyboard secondary symbols.. thank you for your hard work, it's realy a good room.

thanks for the feedback. Are you getting any error for multiwindows? or it is just simple does not shows up (multiwindow sidebar)?
About keyboard, when you say secondary symbols, what do you mean? screenshot?

I don't have issue with multiwindow, it works fine at my side...but of course, I will check it out...

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
Multiwindow issue & Email Exchange issue

After I got catlog from one of jazzROM testers, I dig into log, checked it out...it seems like there's some issue with SystemUI.apk - this is moded SystemUI, which makes it looks like S5's...
what strange is that I am not having issue, but again even if we all on N5110, there's could be tiny diffrences...anyway, my plan is do the new build v2.3, and stock SystemUI and Email apk, and some additional instruction how to replace SystemUI with new one (after ROM installation)..

anyway, watch out for new build v.2.3 in couple days....

Reactions: glockman4519

diaz535

May 4, 2013
First. Sorry for my bad english. The multiwindows sidebar simply does not show up no matter what i do although i repeat the installation steps two times. About the keyboard here's a screenshot taken from civato's room a month ago..
3830493b3e2524e933870f9ca40b8057.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Air-Command-Galaxy-Note-3.jpg

Code:
    **[COLOR="red"]* Disclaimer[/COLOR]
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included 
    in this ROM before flashing it! 
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger 
    at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

About JazzROM-GT-N5110-KitKat [please read carefully]
    First thing first; I don't consider myself an experienced ROM developer nor pretend to be one here.
    This ROM based on both stock 4.4.2 and @civato 's 4.4.2 ROM (you should be already familiar with his ROMs)
    It uses @civato 's KK Kernel, which I found superior to stock 4.4.2 kernel. So whatever Civato listed on KK Kernel feature applies here as well.
    There are a lot of my own ported apps included in this ROM. I am not going to list them all here, I am sure you will find them out one by one when playing around with ROM.
    Aside from ported apps, you will also find out many features in the ROM as well, like S5 practicle effect on lock screen, etc..
    Needless to say, this includes my famous ported SPen Aircommand features too. Don't ask me to remove Spen Aircommand, if you don't want it, you are in wrong ROM thread my friend!

Because of SPen Aircommand, Chrome and Reading mode does NOT work (causes soft-reboot), so please do NOT report it as issue
    since this is known bug since beginning (remember all discussing about it in Civato's ROM thread, so let's not discuss it here again!), so make sure use
    Chrome Beta and turn off Reading Mode
    in the settings
    . If you think these two are too critical to you, then again this ROM is NOT for you my friend!

Requirements

1. A Galaxy Note 8 GT-N5110 WiFi Model only
    2. Install PhilzTouch Recovery for your device (I'm using philz_touch_6.41.6-n5110).
    3. You should be already on Kitkat Bootloader - Please read Civato's FlexBurst ROM thread about KK bootloader stuff and discussing. Please do NOT ask here again if you can use JB bootloader or not.
    4. Be nice, be open-minded, respect others in this thread, do NOT be jerk ask nicely. If I don't answer you, don't be get offended, remember this is given as FREE and I am doing it on my spare time!
    5. It won't kill you if you say Thank you or click Thank you button once in a while.

Download

Installation instructions

Warning!: You need to follow these instruction step by step, if you do NOT, you will have problem!

1. Download and copy JazzROM-GT-N5110-KitKat-v3.1.zip to your device (preferably on internal SD)
    2. Please Backup (full nandroid!) your device, in case you wanted to revert back the way it was.
    3. Reboot into PhilzTouch recovery
    4. Do Wipe Data/Factory Reset in PhilzTouch recovery.
    5. Do Wipe Caches in PhilzTouch recovery
    6. Go to Advance --> Whipe Dalvik Caches in PhilzTouch recovery
    7. Flash the JazzROM-GT-N5110-KitKat, when it finishes, reboot your tablet
    8. Once your tablet reboots, don't touch anything at least 15 mins, let the ROM settles down, so please wait..get a coffee or something..
    8.1. After 15 mins later, now you can go thru your normal setup of your device, once initial setup is done, reboot it back into PhilzTouch recovery again, and do this two steps one more time;
    8.2. Do Wipe Caches in PhilzTouch recovery
    8.3. Go to Advance --> Wipe Dalvik Caches in PhilzTouch recovery, and reboot your tablet​
    9. Once tablet reboots it back, find SuperSU and open it, if it prompts you to need to update Binary, update it.

Important!: Up to here (step 9), you should able to move around, check it out, do Google app updates, add your email account, Google accounts, etc..all normal setup like you do when you step
    your tablet first time. Enable multiwindow, and check multiwindow side bar, etc, and make sure multiwindow works. Click on Air Command Shortcut app, and click OK when it prompts you, once you done with it, close Air Command Shortcut app and now Pull out spen, make sure SPen Aircommand window shows up and click on each options and make sure all works (action memo, scrap booker, screen write, etc). Make sure check everything here, all working as it supposed, If there's problem, start over from Step 1 again...

10. Open Xposed installer and go to Xposed Framework, install Xposed framework, and when it prompts you to reboot, reboot your tablet.
    11. Leave Synapse App (kernel tweaks) settings all default, I found out that default settings plays nicely with @Civato's Kernel.
    12. Get the moded SystemUI, please see post#2 below for instruction. V3.0 comes with moded SystemUI, if you don't like it, flash stock one on post#2
    13. I hope you Enjoy the ROM,[/I]

Additional Info about xposed
    I have following xposed apps installed on my device - keep in mind some are paid/donation ones, support the developers and buy it;
    -Amplify (enabled)
    -App Settings (enabled)
    -ButteredToast (enabled)
    -Flat Style Colored Bars (enabled)
    -Gesture Navigation (enabled) - instead of using xblast tools, I use this one's gesture settings - double tab to sleep and long press to open Aircommand window
    -Greenify (enabled)
    -PerAppFonts (enabled)
    -Popup Window Mod (enabled)
    -Wannam Xposed (currently not enabled)
    -Xblast Tools (currently not enabled)
    -Xposed Fast TWLauncher (enabled)

Using both Amplify and Greenify helps extend battery life. My ported TouchWiz launcher already optimized (by me) for smoothness, and having Xposed Fast TWLauncher seems like
    makes it much smoother. Xposed Fast TWLauncher originally intended to Note 3 devices's SecLauncher, but it works fine here. I am currently not using Wannam Xposed nor Xblast Tools,
    - I was relying on them because of gesture stuff, but since now I switched to Gesture Navigation, I disabled both of them on my device. if you want to use it, use only one of them as they may conflict each others.

Warning: Xposed stuff and apps are great way to customize and add extra feature to your device, but sometimes they causes a lot of conflict to each other and device itself, which eventually makes your
    device unstable. So My personal experience and suggestion to you is always be cautious. before you go crazy with xposed stuff - always make a full-nandroid backup.

Additional Settings
    I have these are set to (Settings --> Developer Options)
    Window animation scale 0.5x
    Transition animation scale 0.5x
    Animator duration scale 0.5
    x​
    You may loose some fancy animation (which is not noticeable anyway), setting them 0.5x makes the device much smoother and better performance. Of curse, this is up to you if you want
    to have, I am just throwing it here just in case if you like to give a try!

Known Issues/Bugs
    None of these issues mentioned here causes any instability of your device nor anything major, these issues considered as very minor, nothing showstopper
    As it is mentioned above, Both Chrome and turning on Reading Mode (and using play books, or any other ebook reader) causes soft-reboot. Please use Chrome Beta from play store. There's no work around for reading mode, if this is very important for you, then you should probably using other stock base ROM(s). Because this ROM included latest ported and moded TouchWiz launcher from Galaxy Tab 4's 4.4.4 firmware, setting wallpaper lockscreen using TouchWiz launcher's settings causes launcher to FC, instead please set your lockscreen wallpaper thru Settings --> Display --> Lockscreen

Help and Troubleshooting
    I have been running this ROM several weeks by now, and considering this ROM is quite stable and smooth, but as saying goes, there's no Perfect ROM, everyone uses his/her own devices quite differently, so there could be some bug(s) that I may overlooked. In addition, I had ROM testers who tested the ROM several times. If you follow install instruction carefully step by step and did clean install, you should not have any problem - all should work fine except two bugs Chrome and Reading Mode (see above for explanation).

It is very critical to read entire OP post here before posting question(s). Remember that this is provided as it is, means I am not your full time tech-support. Several people here in Note 8 community know me that I always try to help, but sometimes I don't know the answer nor have solution for your issue, so please do NOT be offended, ask here and maybe others will help you. Remember this is community driven thread, so help each other whenever possible.

Thanks To/Credits
    I would like THANK TO;
    • @Civato; For giving us KitKat 4.4.2 CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0 ROM & Kernel, and his continues support for Note 8 Community!, without him, this ROM never been possible.
    • @BB, @glockman4519, @OSCARIBANYEZ, @upsetminded, @mcpterra; Volunteering for test JazzROM and taking time and providing the feedback. And @andrei1412 for providing base SystemUI mode for our device.
    • And several others, who kindly PM'ed me and asked me if I need more ROM tester, and anyone I forgot to mention here, I THANK YOU ALL.

XDA:DevDB Information
    JazzROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors
    jazzespresso
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: KK bootloader

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-02-14

Created 2015-01-20
    Last Updated 2015-02-14
    Additional Apps for JazzROM

Additional Apps &Customization for JazzROM:

This is the section where you will find some additional apps, customization of JazzROM and give you some alternatives.
    Even if I mostly tested them all, I would still recommend you to do some kind of backup before you start exploring these apps, and customization

Alternate Home Launcher(s) for JazzROM
    Asus ZenUI Launcher
    Flash it in custom recovery, and then when your tablet reboots, choose Asus Launcher
    - Asus ZenUI launcher (JazzROM_Note8_Ported_Asus_ZenUI_Launcher)
    LenovoLauncher HD (From Lenovo Tablet S8-50, USA)
    Sometimes a simple launcher is all you need. Here I am presenting you LenovoLauncher HD. My wife likes this because it mimics iPad (she has iPad Mini),
    so whenever she wants to use my Note 8 tablet, she switches to this Launcher. By the way it start to grown on me for some strange reason, maybe because of it simplicity?
    Anyway, it is nice looking launcher. I have modified this launcher to fit nicely to our screen. Please note that app name under icons is small, can't able to make it bigger
    even if I tried 13p font size, it still gets the default font size, but this really does not bothers me - so don't ask if I increase it or not. Second;
    when this launcher is not set default, and if you uninstall an app, it give FC (but still works), so just ignore that..
    This is NOT flashable zip, so in order to install, copy content of package to your tablet and install as normal apps. It includes onekey lock and mirage theme
    (pulled from Lenovo Tablet S8-50). In my setup, I place the lenovo launcher in System\app folder, and i installed onekeylock and mirage theme as normal apk...
    - LenovoLauncher HD (JazzROM_Note8_LenovoLauncherHD_ROW.zip)

See screenshots of LenovoLauncher HD in case you carious how it looks
    Alternate Apps(s) for JazzROM
    SecCalender Tablet SPen (From latest GT-N5100-4.4.4 firmware upgrade)
    Maybe you don't know, Samsung just pushed 4.4.4 firmware upgrade to GT-N5100, had chance to download firmware, here extracted (deodexed) ]SecCalender Tablet SPen apps.
    This is NOT flashable zip, so in order to install, copy to your device's system\app folder, before you copy two apps, make sure you delete the ones comes with JazzROM (or backup, in case you want to revert it back). Anyway, did not see huge diffrences, it seems app is a little polished that's all...but thought I should share with you and give you an options which version oc SecCalender to use..
    - SecCalender Tablet SPen (GT-N5100-4.4.4_SecCalendar_Tablet_SPen)
    New AccuweatherTablet2014_BG_WXGA (see screenshot below)
    Here's new Accuweather widget,widget is 6x3 size, so it fits perfectly fine on our device. Package includes two apps; AccuweatherTablet2014_BG_WXGA_tvdpi.apk and WeatherDaemon2014.apk
    This is NOT flashable zip, so in order to install, copy files to your device's system\app folder, - before you copy two apps, make sure you delete the ones comes with JazzROM (or just back them up, in case you want to revert it back) and give permission 644 and reboot.
    - New AccuweatherTablet2014_BG_WXGA (New_AccuweatherTablet2014_BG_WXGA_tvdpi.)

SecThemeChooser for JazzROM's TouchWiz Launcher (see screenshot below)
    This is http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2722650 originally made for Note 3 theme chooser, but it also works on JazzROM's moded TouchWiz launcher as well. Because I ported latest TouchWiz launcher from Tab 8's 4.4.4 firmware, so seems like Samsung's newest stock launcher supports theme chooser (but apprently it was disabled). Anyway, using this method will enable it. Please read install instruction in above xperiacle's thread how to install. Here I am including download link, this has some extras - several additional themes included. Have fun.
    - Download JazzROM_TouchWiz_SecThemeChooser (JazzROM_TouchWiz_SecThemeChooser)

HTC Sense 7.0 Apps
    HTC Sense 7 - Scribble app
    - Download (HTC Sense 7 - Scribble app)
    dc1a90a03fab694e670c3efdd0866e3b.jpg

-- more will be coming soon
    I noticed that this is an issue that will not show up on all tablets. That is weird too. I had it working on both of my gt-n5110s. It is still working on the one that I left it on. But it is true that we could have the same tablets but not get thee same result for any app, rom or mod.
    I will load this as soon as I get out of my office
    For the night and will let you know how it works out. I'll load it on my other tablet so I can compare the 2 builds. Looks like I'm going to be up a while tonight : )
    "Chance Favors the Prepared"

I am trying to give you guys exact copy of what I am running on my device with all the good customizations, updated ported apps, and good working of SPen Aircommand. If you recall, a lot of people had issue with SPen Aircommand on Civato's ROM, so getting all working out is a bit challenges, but being patient, and if everyone follows the instruction (and additional systemUI update on #2 post), I am sure all work out fine...

anyway, I am really hoping v2.3 will resolve the issues that some having...
    How to get moded SystemUI on JazzROM?

This one is a bit tricky, but I am sure you eventually get new look of SystemUI (see screenshot) working without any issue or FCs, so be patient here;
    Now, it is very important that you followed all steps outlined above first post and you checked everything (including Multiwindow sidebar, Spen Aircommand,..etc),
    and you have been using your tablet at least couple hours!
    Once you are confident that everything is working and no issue, copy both of these zip files to your device and go head flash this in recoveryJazzROM_Note_8_Mod_SystemUI.zip.
    - do not clear caches nor dalvik caches!, just simply reboot your tablet after flashing. Now, when your tablet reboots, it could happen two things; it is either get SystemUI stopped error or
    you will get no error.

If you get t SystemUI stopped error, flash JazzROM_Note_8_Stock_SystemUI.zip to revert it back the change and reboot your tablet. Once you got stock SystemUI in place and rebooted your tablet,
    what you can try is doing it manually copy systemUI.apk (from JazzROM_Note_8_Mod_SystemUI.zip) to system\priv-app folder, give the permission 644, and reboot and check and see if you still getting error.
    If no more error, you are probably good to go. It may take you couple of try, but I don't see a reason this won't work since it has been working fine on my device!

Assuming you got new SystemUI working no issue, it is very important to re-check everything again everything (including Multiwindow sidebar, Spen Aircommand,..etc),

Mod_SystemUI;
    JazzROM_Note_8_Mod_SystemUI.zip

To revert it back to stock SystemUI, flash this in recovery and reboot;
    JazzROM_Note_8_Stock_SystemUI.zip
    Update: JazzROM v3.0 is here

Hi all,
    I have just release new build JazzROM v3.0 (see the download link in first page OP post).

JazzROM v3.0 , here's change logs;

• [*]Multiwindow issue should be corrected now.
      [*]Spen Aircommand scrapbook FC also fixed (couple of you reported to me about this issue)
      [*]Many of you PM'ed me to put back new SNote3, so I put it back newest SNote in v3.0
      [*]Several System apps and lib files has been updated.
      [*]Added new AccuweatherTablet2014 widget (if you want previous version, use previous version of ROM's Accuweather)

Update: 02/10/15
    Looks like SecSettings app have missing right side where displays options (check boxes..etc). That was moded SecSettings, but seems like it does not works for some, therefore
    please go head flash this one top of it after you installed v3.0 on your device. I will include this one to v3.0's installation folder
    JazzROM_Note_8_Stock_SecSettings.zip

Please be kind and let me know how v.30 works out for you...:good:

thanks,