**[COLOR="red"]* Disclaimer[/COLOR] Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
About JazzROM-GT-N5110-KitKat [please read carefully]
First thing first; I don't consider myself an experienced ROM developer nor pretend to be one here.
This ROM based on both stock 4.4.2 and @civato 's 4.4.2 ROM (you should be already familiar with his ROMs)
It uses @civato 's KK Kernel, which I found superior to stock 4.4.2 kernel. So whatever Civato listed on KK Kernel feature applies here as well.
There are a lot of my own ported apps included in this ROM. I am not going to list them all here, I am sure you will find them out one by one when playing around with ROM.
Aside from ported apps, you will also find out many features in the ROM as well, like S5 practicle effect on lock screen, etc..
Needless to say, this includes my famous ported SPen Aircommand features too. Don't ask me to remove Spen Aircommand, if you don't want it, you are in wrong ROM thread my friend!
Because of SPen Aircommand, Chrome and Reading mode does NOT work (causes soft-reboot), so please do NOT report it as issue
since this is known bug since beginning (remember all discussing about it in Civato's ROM thread, so let's not discuss it here again!), so make sure use
Chrome Beta and turn off Reading Mode in the settings. If you think these two are too critical to you, then again this ROM is NOT for you my friend!
- A Galaxy Note 8 GT-N5110 WiFi Model only
- Install PhilzTouch Recovery for your device (I'm using philz_touch_6.41.6-n5110).
- You should be already on Kitkat Bootloader - Please read Civato's FlexBurst ROM thread about KK bootloader stuff and discussing. Please do NOT ask here again if you can use JB bootloader or not.
- Be nice, be open-minded, respect others in this thread, do NOT be jerk ask nicely. If I don't answer you, don't be get offended, remember this is given as FREE and I am doing it on my spare time!
- It won't kill you if you say Thank you or click Thank you button once in a while.
Warning!: You need to follow these instruction step by step, if you do NOT, you will have problem!
1. Download and copy JazzROM-GT-N5110-KitKat-v3.1.zip to your device (preferably on internal SD)
2. Please Backup (full nandroid!) your device, in case you wanted to revert back the way it was.
3. Reboot into PhilzTouch recovery
4. Do Wipe Data/Factory Reset in PhilzTouch recovery.
5. Do Wipe Caches in PhilzTouch recovery
6. Go to Advance --> Whipe Dalvik Caches in PhilzTouch recovery
7. Flash the JazzROM-GT-N5110-KitKat, when it finishes, reboot your tablet
8. Once your tablet reboots, don't touch anything at least 15 mins, let the ROM settles down, so please wait..get a coffee or something..
8.1. After 15 mins later, now you can go thru your normal setup of your device, once initial setup is done, reboot it back into PhilzTouch recovery again, and do this two steps one more time;9. Once tablet reboots it back, find SuperSU and open it, if it prompts you to need to update Binary, update it.
8.2. Do Wipe Caches in PhilzTouch recovery
8.3. Go to Advance --> Wipe Dalvik Caches in PhilzTouch recovery, and reboot your tablet
Important!: Up to here (step 9), you should able to move around, check it out, do Google app updates, add your email account, Google accounts, etc..all normal setup like you do when you step
your tablet first time. Enable multiwindow, and check multiwindow side bar, etc, and make sure multiwindow works. Click on Air Command Shortcut app, and click OK when it prompts you, once you done with it, close Air Command Shortcut app and now Pull out spen, make sure SPen Aircommand window shows up and click on each options and make sure all works (action memo, scrap booker, screen write, etc). Make sure check everything here, all working as it supposed, If there's problem, start over from Step 1 again...
10. Open Xposed installer and go to Xposed Framework, install Xposed framework, and when it prompts you to reboot, reboot your tablet.
11. Leave Synapse App (kernel tweaks) settings all default, I found out that default settings plays nicely with @Civato's Kernel.
12. Get the moded SystemUI, please see post#2 below for instruction. V3.0 comes with moded SystemUI, if you don't like it, flash stock one on post#2
13. I hope you Enjoy the ROM,[/I]
Additional Info about xposed
I have following xposed apps installed on my device - keep in mind some are paid/donation ones, support the developers and buy it;
-App Settings (enabled)
-Flat Style Colored Bars (enabled)
-Gesture Navigation (enabled) - instead of using xblast tools, I use this one's gesture settings - double tab to sleep and long press to open Aircommand window
-Popup Window Mod (enabled)
-Wannam Xposed (currently not enabled)
-Xblast Tools (currently not enabled)
-Xposed Fast TWLauncher (enabled)
Using both Amplify and Greenify helps extend battery life. My ported TouchWiz launcher already optimized (by me) for smoothness, and having Xposed Fast TWLauncher seems like
makes it much smoother. Xposed Fast TWLauncher originally intended to Note 3 devices's SecLauncher, but it works fine here. I am currently not using Wannam Xposed nor Xblast Tools,
- I was relying on them because of gesture stuff, but since now I switched to Gesture Navigation, I disabled both of them on my device. if you want to use it, use only one of them as they may conflict each others.
Warning: Xposed stuff and apps are great way to customize and add extra feature to your device, but sometimes they causes a lot of conflict to each other and device itself, which eventually makes your
device unstable. So My personal experience and suggestion to you is always be cautious. before you go crazy with xposed stuff - always make a full-nandroid backup.
You may loose some fancy animation (which is not noticeable anyway), setting them 0.5x makes the device much smoother and better performance. Of curse, this is up to you if you want
to have, I am just throwing it here just in case if you like to give a try!
None of these issues mentioned here causes any instability of your device nor anything major, these issues considered as very minor, nothing showstopper
As it is mentioned above, Both Chrome and turning on Reading Mode (and using play books, or any other ebook reader) causes soft-reboot. Please use Chrome Beta from play store. There's no work around for reading mode, if this is very important for you, then you should probably using other stock base ROM(s). Because this ROM included latest ported and moded TouchWiz launcher from Galaxy Tab 4's 4.4.4 firmware, setting wallpaper lockscreen using TouchWiz launcher's settings causes launcher to FC, instead please set your lockscreen wallpaper thru Settings --> Display --> Lockscreen
Help and Troubleshooting
I have been running this ROM several weeks by now, and considering this ROM is quite stable and smooth, but as saying goes, there's no Perfect ROM, everyone uses his/her own devices quite differently, so there could be some bug(s) that I may overlooked. In addition, I had ROM testers who tested the ROM several times. If you follow install instruction carefully step by step and did clean install, you should not have any problem - all should work fine except two bugs Chrome and Reading Mode (see above for explanation).
It is very critical to read entire OP post here before posting question(s). Remember that this is provided as it is, means I am not your full time tech-support. Several people here in Note 8 community know me that I always try to help, but sometimes I don't know the answer nor have solution for your issue, so please do NOT be offended, ask here and maybe others will help you. Remember this is community driven thread, so help each other whenever possible.
I would like THANK TO;
- @Civato; For giving us KitKat 4.4.2 CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0 ROM & Kernel, and his continues support for Note 8 Community!, without him, this ROM never been possible.
- @BB, @glockman4519, @OSCARIBANYEZ, @upsetminded, @mcpterra; Volunteering for test JazzROM and taking time and providing the feedback. And @andrei1412 for providing base SystemUI mode for our device.
- And several others, who kindly PM'ed me and asked me if I need more ROM tester, and anyone I forgot to mention here, I THANK YOU ALL.
JazzROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: KK bootloader
Current Stable Version: 3.1
Stable Release Date: 2015-02-14
Last Updated 2015-02-14