[ROM][4.4.2][OFFICIAL]LiquidSmooth v3.0 Beta - vs980 - 4|24|14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kirch21

Feb 2, 2009
Is it just me or do the nav buttons vibrate or respond differently than stock? Or am I losing my mind?

Also is there a way to get back stock multi tasker?

edit: vibrates when you let go versus when you touch, strange

i have noticed this on a lot of AOSP ROMS. it makes it feel like its lagging when its not... very weird

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
Also is there a way to get back stock multi tasker?

This is the last time I am going to say it especially because I said it just one post above yours.

Recents will change when LS switches to a different recents, I am hearing it will be SlimRoms new unreleased recents. I don't know when that is but as soon as I know I will pass it along. There is no way to change it, sorry and no I will not revert it or switch to something else, I do not want to deviate from LS source.

I am not trying to be a jerk but it would add a ton more work to building and I am not prepared for that as I already have a real job and a life, albeit a small sad one, but a life no the less. :p

da_reeseboy

Oct 30, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I just wanted to say thanks again for this rom. I bought my wife a G2 the other day and loaded this right away (before she started setting it up with her preferred apps and so on). Yesterday she got over 7 hours of screen time before putting it back on the charger, and no issues to report other than the auto correct sucks lol. For the record, its her first smartphone without a hardware keyboard, and I loaded the factory LG keyboard since it can be offset to either side for easy one handed use... but its autocorrect does suck. I switched her to the aosp keyboard last night after some hilarious texts.

I'd love to see this rom brought to the tf700 :)

Reactions: Reginald476

datsyuk

Apr 21, 2010
This is the last time I am going to say it especially because I said it just one post above yours.

Recents will change when LS switches to a different recents, I am hearing it will be SlimRoms new unreleased recents. I don't know when that is but as soon as I know I will pass it along. There is no way to change it, sorry and no I will not revert it or switch to something else, I do not want to deviate from LS source.

I am not trying to be a jerk but it would add a ton more work to building and I am not prepared for that as I already have a real job and a life, albeit a small sad one, but a life no the less. :p

Yeah I saw I just wanted to know if maybe I was mossing a setting that could revert them on the fly. What about the vibrate though it feels so awkward one of those little things that drives you nuts haha. I checked nav bar settings didn't see anything on the vibrate.

BobbysWorld83

Jan 14, 2013
How do I get rid of the 2 lockscreens, the first one usually resets my system UI, otherwise this thing is AMAZEBALLS!

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
The OP is updated.

Please note, you MUST install a separate kernel, you should clean flash this version, you will be able to dirty flash from now on, although I still recommend clean flashes. If you do not flash a kernel the ROM will boot but knock on will not work and I was getting tons of SoDs.

I tested ART, it is running just fine.

I let the LS devs know that knock on was not working with the built in the kernel.

93fuelslut

Jul 1, 2012
Nexus 6
A guy said that he made a backup of this ROM. Flashed a different ROM, rebooted and just bootlooped. So he held the power button and volume down to get into twrp, but he couldn't view his backups to restore . so he had to use some lg tool to restore back to stock or something. I think he said that this ROM "unmounted system" and was the cause. Idk the person. Can anyone relate to this situation?

sent from your moms phone

da_reeseboy

Oct 30, 2008
Atlanta, GA
A guy said that he made a backup of this ROM. Flashed a different ROM, rebooted and just bootlooped. So he held the power button and volume down to get into twrp, but he couldn't view his backups to restore . so he had to use some lg tool to restore back to stock or something. I think he said that this ROM "unmounted system" and was the cause. Idk the person. Can anyone relate to this situation?

I highly doubt it but I'll flash about Rom to confirm that. Downloading gr33n's rom right now.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Flashed and booted gr33n's ROM with no issues. Either operator issue or the recovery he was using. I'm on Phil's cwm personally.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

rndchef

Jun 4, 2009
Los Angeles, CA

Yes. Just got done fixing a similar situation. What happened was I backed up, advanced wipe, hit cache, data, system dalvick and internal sd by accident. Cleared any chance of rebooting so I had to LG tool it back to stock and then... You know the rest. That could have been what happened to him as I have done this scenario so many times and it is easy to inadvertently hit internal SD.

rip9150

Jan 25, 2013
san jose
i cant seem to get this to flash. i tried to do a clean install and all i get is the lg logo. any suggestions.

edit:got it to flash. i was flashing furnace kernel with the rom. i reflashed just the rom and gapps and im getting the liquid boot screen now.

Last edited:

Lesser Version

Oct 29, 2010
So now that you have to flash a separate kernel, has anyone had any issues flashing either dr87's or furnace kernel separate? Which kernel seems to be the better one as far as SOD/RR with this rom and what are your settings. Been using OP 2/26 build with dr87's and other than a few SOD's, it's been great!! Thank you for your suggestions.....

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
So now that you have to flash a separate kernel, has anyone had any issues flashing either dr87's or furnace kernel separate? Which kernel seems to be the better one as far as SOD/RR with this rom and what are your settings. Been using OP 2/26 build with dr87's and other than a few SOD's, it's been great!! Thank you for your suggestions.....

I am using dr87's kernel still. Its been running very smoothly. I am going to see if I can get Furnace to build into the ROM. I had a build with Slim's kernel but it had a bunch of issues.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

h4ck3r7y

May 1, 2009
Madison
RR

Thanks for the work! Loving it so far!

Had my first random reboot today. 2 actually. Came from stock and flashed using the newest update, dr87's kernel, active display with pocket mode. First was on a phone call, 2nd was when pulling my phone out after a text. Screen didn't turn on at all and LED froze on, then reboot.

Also my wifi seems to be broken also. Will turn on, but won't connect to any networks.. Reboots nor reinstall solved issue.

Last edited:

joe.cole1

Oct 3, 2013
Noticed an odd bug today. I'm running 2/28 with dr87's kernel.

After I set the processor speed (2265 MHz specifically, but any speed gives the same error), the phone resets itself to 1728 MHz. This isn't after a reboot, it's just randomly happening while the phone is on.

Any thoughts?

h4ck3r7y

May 1, 2009
Madison
Thanks for the work! Loving it so far!

Had my first random reboot today. 2 actually. Came from stock and flashed using the newest update, dr87's kernel, active display with pocket mode. First was on a phone call, 2nd was when pulling my phone out after a text. Screen didn't turn on at all and LED froze on, then reboot.

Also my wifi seems to be broken also. Will turn on, but won't connect to any networks.. Reboots nor reinstall solved issue.

Ok so now my phone won't turn on at all... just shut off and not responding to anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official Builds of LiquidSmooth

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.
    Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and fast ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.
    We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Liquid Members:
    Liquid0624
    Deadman96385
    jsnweitzel
    Somber73
    TheBr0ken
    Cdub50

Features:
    Code:
    Linaro 4.8 GCC Toolchain
    O3 Strict-Aliasing & ISO C++11 Mode
    ARM Optimized String Handling Routines
    Linaro and Code Aurora Optimaztions
    Slims DPI on the fly
    Custom animation controls
    TRDS 3.0 (Liquid Blackout in settings)
    Active Display
    Slims QuickSettings
    Ram Bar
    T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Privacy Guard
    Built in SuperUser
    Working WiFi Tethering
    Cell Broadcasts
    Slims Configurable Power Menu
    Slims Configurable Nav Bar
    Gamma Configuration support
    Custom animation controls (Listview)
    LockScreen Notifications
    And way more than this...

Build Change Log:
    Code:
    **4/4**
    Battery Saver
    Fast Charge Tile added (May need tweaking we will see)
    Audio theme's from Omnirom added
    Shutdown speed increased from cm/slim
    Upstream changes

**3/31**
    Switched to IllusionRoms kernel (Omni base)
    Switched to SaberMod 4.7 Toolchain for the kernel
    Removed AOSB Recents
    Stock Recents are default now (option of Slim's or OmniSwitch)
    Removed Color Statusbar and App Side Bar as they were buggy

**3/17**
    Status Bar Colors (Settings > Interface > AppBar)
    Keyboard Animation's (Settings > Display > IME Animations)
    Custom Scrolling Values (Settings > Display > Scrolling Modifiers)
    Battery Bar (Settings > StatusBar > Battery Icon)
    App Side Bar (Settings > Interface > AppBar)
    Performance Control Replaced with Kernel Tweaker
    Starting with 3/8 builds there will be limited CWM support you can flash updates using it as long as you do do use the wipe data action in the app thanks Steve Spencer
    When a notification was clicked in active display on some device SystemUI would FC, fixed by Jason Weitzel
    Gesture Anywhere (Details later in the post)
    Active Display cleaned up and features merged in from Omni (Details here http://goo.gl/9eNhQ8)
    Internal Memory QS Tile
    Bug Fixes:
    App Settings do not launch twice on long press in slim recents
    3rd Party app support added to trigger recents
    Keyboard does not close when recents is opened
    SlimRecents Multiuser Compatible
    Add Long press menu to SlimRecents, it includes app info, Playstore link, Amazon appstore.
    FC on Pinch fixed
    Make Slim Recents follow Google Design standards
    Smooth none holo-spinners
    Smart Pulldown added to LiquidActions
    Recents added to LiquidActions

Source Code:
    Code:
    [url="http://github.com/LiquidSmooth"]LiquidSmooth Github[/URL]
    [url="https://github.com/IllusionRom/android_kernel_lge_msm8974"]IllusionRom's Kernel[/URL]

Downloads:
    Code:
    [url=" http://goo.gl/mt8MtO "]ROM Download[/URL]
    [url=" http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/gapps-t2012857 "]BaNkS GApps Download[/URL]

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_2014-01-17-22-25-39.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-07.png

Screenshot_2014-01-17-22-23-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-13.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-28.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-35.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-41.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-55.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-02-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-02-14.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-02-34.png

Please Support Liquid by Donating HERE
    OK, so here is the story of what is going on, I will break it up into two sections.

1 - ROM Related:
    Liquid is looking to finish up and move to the next stage of releasing the ROM, so there is a lot of bug squashing and not a lot of time for me to bring up new sources.
    The new sources only seem to work on the vs980, on anything else you will not get an APN set up, nor will it let you pick/configure one
    There are other issue that have come up as I am trying to use the awesome work @dr87 has done
    The kernel is JackpotCalvin's kernel, although it works, I would prefer to use IllusionROM's Omni based kernel.

2 - Personal:
    I have been interviewing for a new job, it took me about 2.5 months and I finally got an offer so, that means I will be pretty busy learning how all of that will work for me.
    It is starting to get nice in Michigan so that means I will be spending more time outside, brewing beer, playing disc golf, grilling and such. Updates may be a little slow but I hope they won't be as slow as they have been the past few weeks/month(s).

I hope that makes it clear why things may seem slow, out of date or whatever. all of that said, no this is not dead, yes there will be an official release of 3.0, yes there will be a release with the new 4.4 sources.

-Reginald476
    Great news guys and gals!

14+-+1
    Know Issues - please do not post about bugs that you see on this list:
    - Kernel Over Volt of +25-50 (may cause your device to run hot)
    - Font Size picker does not work
    - LCD Density force closes settings once you change the density and click the home or back buttons.
    - Slim Pie needs a reboot before the trigger areas work
    - There is no way to activate multi-window
    - There is no way to disable Nav bar and pie currently
    - OTA App is still in the testing phase, so it will be buggy so do not use it.
    - Settings force close when setting custom icons for lockscreen slider shortcuts
    If you see something not in this list, let me know below. :cyclops:

New Features:
    Custom Progress Bar.

LG apps known to work:
    RieGo's LG QuickRemote v7

My personal settings:
    System DPI at 400
    Navigation Height at 36
    Action Launcher Pro

Kernel settings:
    TCP Congestion Control: westwood
    I/O Scheduler: noop
    CPU Governor: ondemand
    MPU Voltages: -25 to all
    CPU Frequency: Max 2265600
    I am working on making the ROM run a bit faster, which means I am messing with kernels and toolchains, as soon as I have something stable and faster, I will post, the source has been pretty quite for the past few days.

Wish me luck! :fingers-crossed:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone