[ROM][4.4.2][OFFICIAL]LiquidSmooth v3.0 Beta - vs980 - 4|24|14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

snake2332

Dec 26, 2010
Montana
Downloading the new build now. I've had a couple random reboots like just now when reading a page in Chrome. I am using Nova Launcher Prime, fwiw. Haven't installed Xposed yet. I do have Viper audio installed. I have TricksterMod as well but haven't even opened it or changed anything. I have set the window and transition animation scale to 0.5x like I always do.

I haven't had SoD at all thankfully (had lots of that with cm11 unofficial night lies), though I have had slow motion app minimizing animation similar to what I see in the unofficial CM11 nightlies.

Anyway, love Liquid ROMs, used them on my OG Droid and all the time on my gnex.

Sure wish LG would pay more attention to their flagship phone and make a kk kernel.

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Supposed to be out end of first quarter.

Must be too busying getting the g3 ready for its may launch date.

Sent from my Vs980

tatootie67

Nov 5, 2012
Has anyone been able to successfully clean or dirty flash any other ROM coming from this one, on twrp? I cannot. Something is borked. I think unmounting system to get this one to flash deleted a partition of something.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
Has anyone been able to successfully clean or dirty flash any other ROM coming from this one, on twrp? I cannot. Something is borked. I think unmounting system to get this one to flash deleted a partition of something.

Unmounting a partition would not cause it to format and should not stick between reboots, I think this may be an issue with the system partition being lost, I had an issue with that 4 or 5 months ago. I had to format the system partition to recreate it. I am trying to remember what I had to do. Did you try wiping in CWM? It will take a long time compared to TWRP (which is why I wipe multiple times).

tatootie67

Nov 5, 2012
Unmounting a partition would not cause it to format and should not stick between reboots, I think this may be an issue with the system partition being lost, I had an issue with that 4 or 5 months ago. I had to format the system partition to recreate it. I am trying to remember what I had to do. Did you try wiping in CWM? It will take a long time compared to TWRP (which is why I wipe multiple times).

I did try cwm as well. What your saying makes sense. Now if you can remember what you did to fix it I'd be very grateful

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
I did try cwm as well. What your saying makes sense. Now if you can remember what you did to fix it I'd be very grateful

You might want to look at this post, specifically the following while booted into Recovery

Code:
$ adb shell
~ # parted /dev/block/mmcblk0
(parted) print

This should show you your partitions.

I am really sorry this happened, hopefully this was just a one off freak accident.

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
Some features I use the most in this ROM are Multi-Window (press the recents key > press and hold on any app and to Multi-Window)
Pocket Mode, I love that my screen turns on for a few seconds as soon as I take it out of my pocket
On the fly DPI
Nav Bar height
Torch and Screen off Nav Ring targets
Knock on/off

What are some of your favorites?

Reactions: eleazar123

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Did you build this yourself? Or simply take the build off of the liquid website?

I flashed the build off the site.a few weeks ago and had no such issues after choosing to flash something else.

Might be able to take a look at the one on the site if you put out the build yourself and see if there is something in there (I know nothing about building)

Sent from my vs980

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
Did you build this yourself? Or simply take the build off of the liquid website?

I flashed the build off the site.a few weeks ago and had no such issues after choosing to flash something else.

Might be able to take a look at the one on the site if you put out the build yourself and see if there is something in there (I know nothing about building)

Sent from my vs980

Are you asking if I built this, the build on their site hasn't been updated since the 18th.

I have been flashing my own build for a week as well as a couple others, I waited until I thought I had a stable enough build before requesting permission to post.

My script to flash is the exact same as Liquid's except for the fact that I tell it to unmount system before it does anything with the file system. That was made it so those who were having issues no longer needed to manually unmount system. This in no way should cause system to format or be improperly formatted.

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Are you asking if I built this, the build on their site hasn't been updated since the 18th.

I have been flashing my own build for a week as well as a couple others, I waited until I thought I had a stable enough build before requesting permission to post.

My script to flash is the exact same as Liquid's except for the fact that I tell it to unmount system before it does anything with the file system. That was made it so those who were having issues no longer needed to manually unmount system. This in no way should cause system to format or be improperly formatted.

My post meant no disrespect, and I wasn't Insinuating your build is not stable (I have no flashed it) I merley mentioned it to possible get gears grinding if there was an issue with it.

Sent from my vs980

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
My post meant no disrespect, and I wasn't Insinuating your build is not stable (I have no flashed it) I merley mentioned it to possible get gears grinding if there was an issue with it.

Sent from my vs980

None taken and I'm sorry for my tone, after I posted I was worried it sounded frustrated. I just wanted to make sure that people I was doing this with permission and that I was building it myself. So far it looks like 200+ people have downloaded the builds over the past couple of days so I'd think if it were a mass problem there would be more people posting.

Reactions: Lawlrus

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
None taken and I'm sorry for my tone, after I posted I was worried it sounded frustrated. I just wanted to make sure that people I was doing this with permission and that I was building it myself. So far it looks like 200+ people have downloaded the builds over the past couple of days so I'd think if it were a mass problem there would be more people posting.

Yeah I realize its not normally the Roms fault haha. All good.

Once I get back I to aosp I'm def giving it another flash, even their build back on the 18th was decent so I can only imagine how well it runs now.

Sent from my vs980

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
Is sound on this for speaker loud? Last build wasn't loud for me but ROM is fantastic tho

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk

I have not run into this so far but I don't use my speaker very often. I will do a little testing and see.

I also wanted to let you know I have update the second post as the connection manager does not work with CDMA, LS devs are working on something for us.

Lastly, I do not plan to build unless there are changes by LS or dr87 or if there is an issue with the build that I with my limited skill can fix.

Thanks and happy flashing!

Reactions: Jstlouis1993

eleazar123

Jan 16, 2007
ohio
The 2/12 build has been running perfectly for me. Not a single random reboot or SoD in the roughly 72hours it has been on my phone. By far the smoothest experience I've had on my G2 to date.

Does this have screen record? So far my only problem with this awsm ROM great job!

Not sure if this is what you're referring to, but I use Rec (Google Play) to record videos of my screen on a daily basis. It has worked flawlessly.

Reactions: Reginald476
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official Builds of LiquidSmooth

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.
    Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and fast ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.
    We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Liquid Members:
    Liquid0624
    Deadman96385
    jsnweitzel
    Somber73
    TheBr0ken
    Cdub50

Features:
    Code:
    Linaro 4.8 GCC Toolchain
    O3 Strict-Aliasing & ISO C++11 Mode
    ARM Optimized String Handling Routines
    Linaro and Code Aurora Optimaztions
    Slims DPI on the fly
    Custom animation controls
    TRDS 3.0 (Liquid Blackout in settings)
    Active Display
    Slims QuickSettings
    Ram Bar
    T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Privacy Guard
    Built in SuperUser
    Working WiFi Tethering
    Cell Broadcasts
    Slims Configurable Power Menu
    Slims Configurable Nav Bar
    Gamma Configuration support
    Custom animation controls (Listview)
    LockScreen Notifications
    And way more than this...

Build Change Log:
    Code:
    **4/4**
    Battery Saver
    Fast Charge Tile added (May need tweaking we will see)
    Audio theme's from Omnirom added
    Shutdown speed increased from cm/slim
    Upstream changes

**3/31**
    Switched to IllusionRoms kernel (Omni base)
    Switched to SaberMod 4.7 Toolchain for the kernel
    Removed AOSB Recents
    Stock Recents are default now (option of Slim's or OmniSwitch)
    Removed Color Statusbar and App Side Bar as they were buggy

**3/17**
    Status Bar Colors (Settings > Interface > AppBar)
    Keyboard Animation's (Settings > Display > IME Animations)
    Custom Scrolling Values (Settings > Display > Scrolling Modifiers)
    Battery Bar (Settings > StatusBar > Battery Icon)
    App Side Bar (Settings > Interface > AppBar)
    Performance Control Replaced with Kernel Tweaker
    Starting with 3/8 builds there will be limited CWM support you can flash updates using it as long as you do do use the wipe data action in the app thanks Steve Spencer
    When a notification was clicked in active display on some device SystemUI would FC, fixed by Jason Weitzel
    Gesture Anywhere (Details later in the post)
    Active Display cleaned up and features merged in from Omni (Details here http://goo.gl/9eNhQ8)
    Internal Memory QS Tile
    Bug Fixes:
    App Settings do not launch twice on long press in slim recents
    3rd Party app support added to trigger recents
    Keyboard does not close when recents is opened
    SlimRecents Multiuser Compatible
    Add Long press menu to SlimRecents, it includes app info, Playstore link, Amazon appstore.
    FC on Pinch fixed
    Make Slim Recents follow Google Design standards
    Smooth none holo-spinners
    Smart Pulldown added to LiquidActions
    Recents added to LiquidActions

Source Code:
    Code:
    [url="http://github.com/LiquidSmooth"]LiquidSmooth Github[/URL]
    [url="https://github.com/IllusionRom/android_kernel_lge_msm8974"]IllusionRom's Kernel[/URL]

Downloads:
    Code:
    [url=" http://goo.gl/mt8MtO "]ROM Download[/URL]
    [url=" http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/gapps-t2012857 "]BaNkS GApps Download[/URL]

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_2014-01-17-22-25-39.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-07.png

Screenshot_2014-01-17-22-23-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-13.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-28.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-35.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-41.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-55.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-02-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-02-14.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-02-34.png

Please Support Liquid by Donating HERE
    OK, so here is the story of what is going on, I will break it up into two sections.

1 - ROM Related:
    Liquid is looking to finish up and move to the next stage of releasing the ROM, so there is a lot of bug squashing and not a lot of time for me to bring up new sources.
    The new sources only seem to work on the vs980, on anything else you will not get an APN set up, nor will it let you pick/configure one
    There are other issue that have come up as I am trying to use the awesome work @dr87 has done
    The kernel is JackpotCalvin's kernel, although it works, I would prefer to use IllusionROM's Omni based kernel.

2 - Personal:
    I have been interviewing for a new job, it took me about 2.5 months and I finally got an offer so, that means I will be pretty busy learning how all of that will work for me.
    It is starting to get nice in Michigan so that means I will be spending more time outside, brewing beer, playing disc golf, grilling and such. Updates may be a little slow but I hope they won't be as slow as they have been the past few weeks/month(s).

I hope that makes it clear why things may seem slow, out of date or whatever. all of that said, no this is not dead, yes there will be an official release of 3.0, yes there will be a release with the new 4.4 sources.

-Reginald476
    Great news guys and gals!

14+-+1
    Know Issues - please do not post about bugs that you see on this list:
    - Kernel Over Volt of +25-50 (may cause your device to run hot)
    - Font Size picker does not work
    - LCD Density force closes settings once you change the density and click the home or back buttons.
    - Slim Pie needs a reboot before the trigger areas work
    - There is no way to activate multi-window
    - There is no way to disable Nav bar and pie currently
    - OTA App is still in the testing phase, so it will be buggy so do not use it.
    - Settings force close when setting custom icons for lockscreen slider shortcuts
    If you see something not in this list, let me know below. :cyclops:

New Features:
    Custom Progress Bar.

LG apps known to work:
    RieGo's LG QuickRemote v7

My personal settings:
    System DPI at 400
    Navigation Height at 36
    Action Launcher Pro

Kernel settings:
    TCP Congestion Control: westwood
    I/O Scheduler: noop
    CPU Governor: ondemand
    MPU Voltages: -25 to all
    CPU Frequency: Max 2265600
    I am working on making the ROM run a bit faster, which means I am messing with kernels and toolchains, as soon as I have something stable and faster, I will post, the source has been pretty quite for the past few days.

Wish me luck! :fingers-crossed:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone