[ROM][4.4.2][Official][OSE Rom][jfltevzw]

Search This thread

bkrickles

Sep 18, 2010
Smithtown, N.Y.
Well, I was waiting on another rom to get an update and needed something else to tide me over and remembered how I liked this one a couple of months ago. It ran very well on my phone and had everything I wanted in it. I flashed it last night around 6pm and I've been really impressed. It's fast, smooth and has good memory management. I'm still on stock kernel and will probably try kt later today. It's got loads of features too. I'm a little shocked this isn't getting more attention and anybody looking for something to try in between cravings should give this a try. I'd love to hear if anyone feels the same way about it.
Thanks to the developer. Really good job!

By the way, the build I'm running is from 4/11

http://www.drdevs.com/devs/teamose/OSE/Nightlies/jflte/

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Well, I was waiting on another rom to get an update and needed something else to tide me over and remembered how I liked this one a couple of months ago. It ran very well on my phone and had everything I wanted in it. I flashed it last night around 6pm and I've been really impressed. It's fast, smooth and has good memory management. I'm still on stock kernel and will probably try kt later today. It's got loads of features too. I'm a little shocked this isn't getting more attention and anybody looking for something to try in between cravings should give this a try. I'd love to hear if anyone feels the same way about it.
Thanks to the developer. Really good job!

By the way, the build I'm running is from 4/11

http://www.drdevs.com/devs/teamose/OSE/Nightlies/jflte/

This is about the only one I haven't tried lol from seeing your post though I'm about to give it a go here shortly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

bkrickles

Sep 18, 2010
Smithtown, N.Y.
Did you try this one yet?
It's running good for me still, but I had one issue that would definitely affect you if it wasn't user error.
This morning I tried flashing kt kernel over this rom and got that crazy yellow triangle telling me to bring my phone back to verizon and whatever other scary **** it said.
I flashed my backup and all was good again.
I don't know if I have a bad download of kt's newest and haven't tried again.

This is about the only one I haven't tried lol from seeing your post though I'm about to give it a go here shortly.

mcconvict

Dec 9, 2011
Did you try this one yet?
It's running good for me still, but I had one issue that would definitely affect you if it wasn't user error.
This morning I tried flashing kt kernel over this rom and got that crazy yellow triangle telling me to bring my phone back to verizon and whatever other scary **** it said.
I flashed my backup and all was good again.
I don't know if I have a bad download of kt's newest and haven't tried again.

I flashed KT on the 4/11 build with no issue

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Yea I had no issues with KToonsez on this either. Always fun seeing that screen though lol

dwitmer1989

Dec 3, 2012
Super quick super stable ROM which for some reason is hard to say for a lot is aosp ROMs for this phone! Nice work!

Any plans for adding theme chooser support at any time?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sonymsam

Sep 12, 2008
Houston
I can't get the 4/24 to boot. Its stuck on boot logo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

timpohladthomas

Aug 25, 2010
This beast is really fast and fluent. Still digging around to see what works and what doesn't. Will update later on this matter. So far impressed. Calls work, data works; LTE and 3g. Really like the fact that I didn't have to do mess with viper4android just installed and the drivers were there. Will not be able to test BT as I don't have anything right now that I can pair to. So far first impressions are great. Thanks for the work that was put into this. Any questions please ask. Well update on what works and what doesn't later.

Edit. Themes and or theme manager does not work and the ability to boot into bootloader or recovery would be nice.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Sorry guys... Been having weird build issues lately and lots of devices having this issue... The weird thing is it never happens on my x... So if someone can give me a log cat I may be able to figure it out

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
I'm on i337...love this ROM...4/16 build is my DD but there's no love for i337 forum...all current builds have fc due to theme issues with cm11

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
Open Source Evolution OSE
CPA Kernel 1.7

bkrickles

Sep 18, 2010
Smithtown, N.Y.
For anyone interested, there is a 5/5 build posted.
I haven't tried it yet, but plan on doing so in a couple of hours to see if bootloop issues have been resolved.
If anyone gets to it before me, please post with results.
Thanks

bkrickles

Sep 18, 2010
Smithtown, N.Y.
I didn't realize it was you who had the s4.
Well, if it works for you then it should work for everyone.
I'm still about an hour away.
Catching up on phone calls at work, then I'll throw it on and see.
Thanks again

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Ok, I just downloaded and clean flashed.
It doesn't boot.
The logo comes on and spins forever.
I waited for 10 minutes and nothing, then I pulled the battery and the same.
I am running a verizon s4 with 2.5.0.2 twrp and have never had a problem like this with any rom and I run them all.
Hope you get it worked out as I love this rom.
Thanks for all you do.

scttduk

Sep 22, 2010
I didn't realize it was you who had the s4.
Well, if it works for you then it should work for everyone.
I'm still about an hour away.
Catching up on phone calls at work, then I'll throw it on and see.
Thanks again

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Ok, I just downloaded and clean flashed.
It doesn't boot.
The logo comes on and spins forever.
I waited for 10 minutes and nothing, then I pulled the battery and the same.
I am running a verizon s4 with 2.5.0.2 twrp and have never had a problem like this with any rom and I run them all.
Hope you get it worked out as I love this rom.
Thanks for all you do.

You may need to update your version of TWRP. I've read this older version of TWRP can't handle the larger ROM files.
Hope it works for you,

Reactions: bkrickles

bkrickles

Sep 18, 2010
Smithtown, N.Y.
I'm a little nervous to upgrade my recovery, I've read so many people having various issues with them.
And I've never had a problem with my version and I've flashed more roms than I can count and all of the new ones too.
Thanks for the advice, but I don't think that's the issue in my case.

You may need to update your version of TWRP. I've read this older version of TWRP can't handle the larger ROM files.
Hope it works for you,

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
The past 5 or 6 builds are borked...I can get them to boot by flashing pokes kernel but after that its fc city...themes provider + android.phone mainly
Haven't tried 5/5

Samsung Galaxy SIV I337
Open Source Evolution OSE
CPA Kernel 1.7

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ose_logo.png

TeamOSE.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

OSE Nor Anyone @ XDA.com Are Responsible For What You Do With Your Device.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

OSE-Boot_zps0f647791.gif

Features.png

* Based On Slim
    * DarkUI Toggle Theme
    * Multi-Window
    * PIE Navigation
    * Custom Navbar Options
    * Custom Clock Options
    * Custom Battery Options
    * CRT Animation Control
    * Init.d Support
    * Init.d Tweaks
    * All Features in Slim V3
    * HALO
    * System App Remover
    * OnTheFly DensityChanger
    * App Ops
    * OmniSwitch
    * Lockscreen Notifications
    * Build Prop Mods
    * Suspend Actions
    * Wake Lock Blockers
    * & Much More...

Install.png

* Download The Rom
    * Download OSE GApps
    * Wipe System, Data, Cache & Dalvik
    * Install Rom & OSE GApps
    * Reboot
    * Enjoy

Github.png

* OSE GITHUB

GooglePlus.png

* OSE G+

Credits.png

* CYANOGENMOD
    * AOKP
    * PA
    * SLIMROMS
    * P.A.C

Download.png

* OSE ROM (Release)

* OSE ROM (Nightly)

* OSE GApps
    OSE 4.4 in the works :)
    Thread cleaned.

And for future reference, if you're going to report abusive/disrespectful posts, your posts probably should not be just as bad as theirs...:rolleyes:
    Just saying.

Follow the rules folks, Search before posting and Be respectful of other members.
    Can we stop bickering and just thank Zoo for another great ROM please? No need to hijack his thread already. BTW long time no see Zoo. Thanks for your hard work!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Well I'm certainly trying... Sorry guys