[ROM][4.4.2][OFFICIAL] SlimKat - Moto G Unified All Variants

Search This thread

SpaceKiller

Jan 1, 2012
Santiago
SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Download the gapps

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Last edited:

darkspadez

Jun 20, 2010
I will be maintaining Moto G for SlimRoms and SpaceKiller has been so kind to offer to manage the thread. Will be considered unofficial till after we hit stable which is very soon as we don't want to break anything with the stuff that we have to push to get all devices working. This is coming officially from us Slim Developers.

Takenover83

Nov 6, 2009
Testing on xt1031 (Boost Mobile)
Took a bit to install (be patient). Installed with CWM Advanced Edition. Complains of no sim card (xt1031 is cdma). So no sim needed. I currently do not have service, so I can't really test phone functions. But on stock 4.4.2 I did have bars indicating data service (3G). Currently do not in Slim. But, someone who actually has service will need to verify that data is working, among the other phone funtions (I do have bars for cell service). Proximity Sensor was working fine over Groove IP. GPS is working fine (seems to be a issue for some people). I tested with Sygic. FM Tuner working. Camera seems to work fine, Everything is great, but I have yet to dig deep. Nice job!

Last edited:

adinkwok

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
May 28, 2013
Seattle
adin.dev
When I wake the screen, it freezes, then I have to sleep it and wake it again before it works. It's annoying but manageable.

Faruko

Dec 24, 2013
Santiago
It gets stuck on "Mount Data", did a complete Wipe before, my version is the XT1032

Last edited:

pisherthefisher

Jan 1, 2012
Official slim support? Awesome! You said its not official yet, will I still receive OTA updates from this build?

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

SpaceKiller

Jan 1, 2012
Santiago
It gets stuck on "Mount Data", did a complete Wipe before, my version is the XT1032

I used Phils Advanced CWM as noted above. Took awhile, but installed fine.
Edit: Anyway to show ram usage in Recent App's?

Yes, takes a long time to install but it's working, don't worry if stays more time than usual in the install process.

Official slim support? Awesome! You said its not official yet, will I still receive OTA updates from this build?

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Moto G is supported by Slim, but they are working hard in the stable release and adding new phones means more time to spend fixing issues, so no more official devices will be added until SlimKat becomes stable (probably next week), for now it's unofficial.

Last edited:

debaj

Dec 8, 2010
Budapest
Why is this in the Original Android Development section if even the title says clearly that this is an unofficial version?

izzy001

Oct 10, 2009
La Feria Tx.
So far data seems to be stable. Haven't tried GPS. My battery suffered a little just on stand by. Will post as soon as I try other stuff.

Edit: for some odd reason root did not want to work. I had to flash the super su package for my root apps to work. Any ideas of what can be causing this?

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Download the gapps

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.
    I will be maintaining Moto G for SlimRoms and SpaceKiller has been so kind to offer to manage the thread. Will be considered unofficial till after we hit stable which is very soon as we don't want to break anything with the stuff that we have to push to get all devices working. This is coming officially from us Slim Developers.
    New build

NavRing customization
    More stagefright vulnerability fixes
    Updates to av/native
    Merge android-5.1.1_r10
    Frameworks base fixes and updates
    Apn updates

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347793436
    New build, quick and dirty changelog

Merge in aosp 5.1.1_r9
    Updates to activity stack
    Fixes and optimizations for SlimDim
    Updates to bluedroid
    Live display updates
    AV updates
    Native updates
    Updates to qcom sepolicy
    Allow to use Google's Webview (vs aosp)
    APN list updates
    Updates to translations
    Updated device folders
    Update kernel

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347791044
    Just out of curiosity are we not going to be getting any type of unofficial port until SlimRoms actually ends up releasing something for our beloved Moto G?
    Thanks!:eek:

SlimRoms team has nearly all ready to get Moto G up for official releases. I think on the next weekly it will be available.