• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][4.4.2] SlimKat - I9000 [STABLE!]

Search This thread

astrosp4c3

May 28, 2012
Moon
Doh !

No, I didn't and even didn't knew I should do that... ;-/

Could you please tell me how to do ?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Using a file manager with root permission, go in the folder where you put the .ogg files and select proprierties (should be shown like this) and set permissions like other ringtones (rw-r-r). For help you , search on google how to do it with root explorer ^^

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 utilizzando Tapatalk

Kéno40

Nov 1, 2010

albertocastillo2001

Jul 20, 2012
Hello

Do you feel battery life is shorter than 4.2.2 build 8?
I had a little problem with my phone (my home button got wet) and I feel my battery is draining faster (I had to open my phone to try to fix the home button issue due to the water

stefat77

Oct 21, 2013
Hello

Do you feel battery life is shorter than 4.2.2 build 8?
I had a little problem with my phone (my home button got wet) and I feel my battery is draining faster (I had to open my phone to try to fix the home button issue due to the water

Yes, i have the same problem...
I think for now that both for performance and battery drain slim bean is better than slimkat

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 utilizzando Tapatalk

juliatan

Nov 6, 2012
For what it's worth. My personal experience concerning battery life with SGS1-Kernels KK using on SlimKat 3.0 stable:

Original SlimKat 3.0 kernel - 8 hours idle/sleep 0-2 % (a few times % was same (zero change %) after about 8 hours)

Semaphore 3.42s: 8 hours idle/sleep 4-5 %

Mackay 0.610: - 8 hours idle/sleep 9-10 %

Mackay: fastest boot, feels fastest and most responsive. (But not much difference). Multitasking however Slim Original and Semaphore better. All use more battery while using than any JB before, although Mackay most drain while using with screen on. I must say that's on feel, did not compare with tool like GSam

Deep idle/sleep always off, because of random reboots in the past.

BigMem off because with Slim Kernel random reboots stopped after turning off. But did not flash bigmem libraries as I read that's included with Semaphore. I could have wrongly informed myself about that.

Off course anyone can have different experience due to different setup, syncing, installed apps, etc.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 (2013) met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: joedom1

albertocastillo2001

Jul 20, 2012
Just 8 hours?

Was it like that for you when using 4.2.2? How much did you get with 4.2.2 build 8?
I am testing everything with Wifi and 3G on, bluetooth off, you?

Last edited:

juliatan

Nov 6, 2012
Just 8 hours?

Was it like that for you when using 4.2.2? How much did you get with 4.2.2 build 8?

4.2.2 I cannot remember. But with Slim 4.3 battery drain after about 8 hours sleep was always about 4-5 %. So with SlimKat 3.0 own kernel only 0-2% is best I ever had concerning drain during sleep. Battery drain while using the phone definitely more than 4.3. Especially noticible when listening/streaming music and podcasts battery draina faster than 4.3. But it is not a vey disastrous difference. Mackay kernel however big disapointment concerning battery life.

Last edited:

albertocastillo2001

Jul 20, 2012
How much does it last for you using it normally?

I am not sure if it's due to getting it wet, but I rememember that with 4.2.2 build 8 it lasted 1 day and a half (switching it down at nights), now with 4.4.2 build 3 I think yesterday it lasted less than a day. I listened to music too most of the day but.. I am not sure if it just got broken

juliatan

Nov 6, 2012
In latest weekly 3.4, how to remove all Recent Apps in one go?

I started using Gravitybox (=Xposed module) for that on SGS1 too now. Been using that on my Nex7-13 with stock KK for a while. Also for other great features. Gravitybox made the need to go custom rom on my Nexus with stock go away.

albertocastillo2001

Jul 20, 2012
How much does it last for you using it normally?

I am not sure if it's due to getting it wet, but I rememember that with 4.2.2 build 8 it lasted 1 day and a half (switching it down at nights), now with 4.4.2 build 3 I think yesterday it lasted less than a day. I listened to music too most of the day but.. I am not sure if it just got broken

It has been on for 1:53 hours now, it's connected to wifi. I am hardly doing anything andd it's on 93%

I am using an Anker battery by the way

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
I started using Gravitybox (=Xposed module) for that on SGS1 too now. Been using that on my Nex7-13 with stock KK for a while. Also for other great features. Gravitybox made the need to go custom rom on my Nexus with stock go away.

If you see the video on slimroms.net homepage, you will see in the end, he clears all recents in one go (everything in recents becomes red with a trashcan on top). I too have xposed module installed but don't want to add stuff which is inherently present in the ROM.

juliatan

Nov 6, 2012
It has been on for 1:53 hours now, it's connected to wifi. I am hardly doing anything andd it's on 93%

I am using an Anker battery by the way

I use German made Polarcell 1850 mAH (€10,60 Ebay) instead of crappy original China made 1450 mAh battery. Last one still a good spare for when long time on the road.

In advanced wifi settings I have set Wifi to go off while sleepmode. When for instance gReader is downloading articles and phone goes to sleep (screen off) it will always first complete download before turning wifi off. And I don't sync anything automaticly but only manually. For that scientists must first invent a revolutionary new better battery before I'll ever will use auto-sync.

Oh and 3G is always off here. Only manually on when needed.

mnazim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2011
mnmcodeworks.blogspot.com

danero2005

Dec 3, 2008
Hi , I've installed it this weekend preeeeettty smoth but....
1. I've use Next Browser to enter 3 times on this topic , and on 2 of them I got a freeze and on the third a pop-up appeared to enter my PIN number.

Very very strange thing , never had that.

2. How can I get the old phone.apk , I can't accomodate with new look , I have difficulties searching my recent calls list

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

SlimRoms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms Team is not responsible for any damages to you or your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][4.4.2] SlimKat - I9000 [STABLE!] , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Contributors
    mnazim, SlimRoms

Version Information

Created 2014-05-19
    Last Updated 2014-05-19
    WARNING!

NOTE:

• Keep in mind that this are early Beta builds!!!!!! Means bugs can happen. So please only use this builds if you want to help us and iron out the bugs with proper bug-reports etc.

• If you get error while flashing, go to advanced->reboot to recovery and flash again.

• If you get SU issues, flash SuperSU v1.80.zip from chainfire's thread.

BUG REPORTING

When you submit a bug-report, you want to make sure that nothing from your side is causing it. Otherwise we might be hunting a bug which doesn't really exist.

The best way to achieve this is by doing the following.

• Make a nandroid backup.
    • Perform a full wipe (factory reset + wipe /system) Now we have two different ways depending on what kind of problem you're having.

• When you're having a problem with a ROM function, flash just the ROM without GAPPS, and boot back into the system. You will boot directly onto the home-screen.

• When you're having a problem with a 3rd party app in combination with our ROM then flash the ROM and GAPPS.

• Boot now back into the system. You will boot to the setup wizard. Log in to your Google account but make sure that you untick "Restore from my Google Account to this phone/tablet". Finish the setup and open the playstore and download only the app you're having problems with.

• Start a logcat recording and reproduce the bug (if possible more than once) while taking the logcat. If you don't know how to get a logcat read this tutorial or this.

• Post the logcat in a text file (this is important because you otherwise clog up the threads with your log) in the correct thread. Please also write detailed description how we can reproduce the bug.
    • Restore your backup from point 1 and wait for a fix (PLEASE don't ask for ETAs).
    mnazim our device maintainer (DM) isn't active anymore, so our build is still labeled weekly. so we are not at a stable stage as there are issues no one is looking after.

i just hope mnazim can return or some dev can pick up where mnazim left. but that seems unlikely for the old SGS. :(

Stable is just a tag guys... We will push out weeklies as long as possible for the i9000... This device is just too vintage to let go so easily... ;)
    2.5 RC1

2.5 RC1 on the way guys... Enjoy!

PS: Do not forget to flash updated gapps with the new build, else it will break your backup-restore.