[ROM][4.4.2][Unofficial] AOKP -Kitkat

Search This thread

JoinTheRealms

Apr 7, 2012
83.png

Why not another ROM? :D its built from the official Cyanogenmod device tree, but also with the p880-dev teams awesome kernel, although i havnt done alot of testing it seems extremely smooth/ responsive im interested what you guys think of it;)

81.png

Installation is simple:
If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
Flash ROM
Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
Reboot

78.png

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» The ROM can be downloaded from here
» (Recommended) Gapps from here
» Normal Gapps from here

»NOTE:
1) Camera isnt working in the first build,havnt had time to debug

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
» AOKP on Github
» SOURCE on AOKP.co
» Kernel Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
» Donation options on AOKP.co

danny19901

Nov 4, 2010
Stockton-On-Tees
What kernel is it OC CPU & GPU ? either way I'm going to download but curious as to does it have the pop up answer/decline thing like in beanstalk where its at bottom rather than the ring to answer decline ?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

danny19901

Nov 4, 2010
Stockton-On-Tees
OK I installed I like it but I don't think I can stick with it may I ask what audio mods if any are in this as its not handling a song of mine very due to bass and it isn't distortion its causing speaker to make weird noise also I did find a little laugh at first and kept getting heavy freezing although I do like the ROM with it being pretty much fully white and barely any holo

XxXDarknessXxX

Jan 3, 2011
Battery life:

No deepsleep, but everything works fine, i think i messed up somewhere. The battery life would be great if it had deepsleep.

The biggest issue is that if i send a message(sms) it sends it twice.
This is the fastest rom I've ever used this is some serious improvement. I would love to seem some updates to this! :)

Last edited:

danny19901

Nov 4, 2010
Stockton-On-Tees
Battery life:

No deepsleep, but everything works fine, i think i messed up somewhere. The battery life would be great if it had deepsleep.

The biggest issue is that if i send a message(sms) it sends it twice.
This is the fastest rom I've ever used this is some serious improvement. I would love to seem some updates to this! :)

You not had freezing and lag but I think it was due to feature where apps still download while installing

laufersteppenwolf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 1, 2012
Baden-Württemberg
droideveloper.com
What the hell just happened? Who is going to care about all the ROMs Fluoxetine maintained?

Not really sure, i can pick up a couple if need be, but im sure others will prefer to do it:)

I do not really "prefer" it, but if needed I sure can also take over one, but I need to get some things sorted out first ;)
But once this is done, I can have my server compile a few builds every now and then ;) :D

laufersteppenwolf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 1, 2012
Baden-Württemberg
droideveloper.com
I messaged the guy from p880-dev irc about picking up Dirty Unicorns 4.4 also:)

nice idea :good:
You can tell him, that if he has problems with compiling (low spec PC) but wants to maintain it though, he can PM me, I'm sure we'll find a solution ;)

XxXDarknessXxX

Jan 3, 2011
Wow its really awesome that you care about the rom guys! But what happened to the other guy?He broke the rules?

Reactions: beboo006

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    83.png

Why not another ROM? :D its built from the official Cyanogenmod device tree, but also with the p880-dev teams awesome kernel, although i havnt done alot of testing it seems extremely smooth/ responsive im interested what you guys think of it;)

81.png

Installation is simple:
    If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    Flash ROM
    Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    Reboot

78.png

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» The ROM can be downloaded from here
    » (Recommended) Gapps from here
    » Normal Gapps from here

»NOTE:
    1) Camera isnt working in the first build,havnt had time to debug

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » SOURCE on AOKP.co
    » Kernel Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donation options on AOKP.co
    What the hell just happened? Who is going to care about all the ROMs Fluoxetine maintained?

Not really sure, i can pick up a couple if need be, but im sure others will prefer to do it:)

I do not really "prefer" it, but if needed I sure can also take over one, but I need to get some things sorted out first ;)
    But once this is done, I can have my server compile a few builds every now and then ;) :D
    No more updates for this ROM ?

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sorry could have sworn i replied to this thread, I have been building every now and again and testing, but the builds are not passing QA;) I built today, and well everything is very smooth, theres some weird hardware button lag, where the phone locks up randomly on button press. This has to be fixed before its worth releasing a build.

Edit: Seem to have spoke too soon, issue seems to have disappeared heres the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_oeOAvJTvExTUxSR2NXR0x0YVE/edit?usp=sharing
    (Kholks RIL is included)
    I been talking to fluoxitine a while apparently he developed for Samsung Galaxy W and had a fully functional build of KK with everything working and some devs didn't like it so he was reported and got banned

I do not want to accuse anyone of being a liar, but there are always 2 sides of a story, which you need to hear both from a neutral point of view in order to come to a conclusion ;)

Too bad. perhaps return with another name

May I suggest you to re-read THIS?

Messaged you but I got my info wrong black_Jesus said he can take over but he needs help due to lack of hardware for building

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

I'm not speculating but he told me his reason and other names yes is a bad idea but fact is I have known many great devs get banned from XDA for silly reasons and TBH I like the fact they won't say why he's banned and sometimes you do get people who report others for out doing them no offense to anybody but what I said earlier I believe is true

I can asure you, that every ban has its background and also good reasons, but in case someone would have been banned "by mistake", one can always contact xda and let us know about it. We sure will then "re-investigate" everything, and if needed correct the mistake.

But enough about this now. This has nothing to do with development, even less with AOKP, which is why I have to apologize to @JoinTheRealms, but posting this somewhere else wouldn't have made sense.
    I messaged the guy from p880-dev irc about picking up Dirty Unicorns 4.4 also:)

nice idea :good:
    You can tell him, that if he has problems with compiling (low spec PC) but wants to maintain it though, he can PM me, I'm sure we'll find a solution ;)