[ROM] {4.4.2_r1}* Unofficial* Beanstalk-4.4.2_r1-v214-SaberMod-2014.01.06-Hammerhead

Search This thread

prasannathani

Jan 17, 2013
OK guys, Ill be letting the master take over, Scott just got his N5 today so he'll be taking over the thread and releasing Officials, I'll still be around and releasing the Linaro "soup"ed edition, and as always u know where to get at me lol, much love guys thank u for all the support and enthusiasm, it meant alot, ull be in good hands scott is an amazing dev...

Think we all owe a huge thanks to soupy!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app

varun.gid

Jun 18, 2008
Dubai
OK guys, Ill be letting the master take over, Scott just got his N5 today so he'll be taking over the thread and releasing Officials, I'll still be around and releasing the Linaro "soup"ed edition, and as always u know where to get at me lol, much love guys thank u for all the support and enthusiasm, it meant alot, ull be in good hands scott is an amazing dev...

Thanks for the wonderful rom soup.. I'll still be using your builds :D so waiting for ur next update!

Reactions: soupysoup

Shudder123

Jul 4, 2012

a bit of a noob question, but what is linaro and does it benefit in anyway?

pablo2121

Jan 2, 2013
Any one else having a wifi lock?
bu4yne6u.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
Think we all owe a huge thanks to soupy!!!

dude soup THANK YOU! cant say that enough. i know scott is going to pick up right where you left off and take this rom to new heights, but I wont forgot where it started!
Thanks man, I appriciate all the love!!!
Thank you Soupy for the hard work bringing this gem to us, looking forward to future builds from you.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Like i said man, the love i felt from this thread has been increddible, ill def still be around, I'm working on something now for this amazing device
Thanks for the wonderful rom soup.. I'll still be using your builds :D so waiting for ur next update!
Thank you man, I'll have an update out sometime in the next day or so, cant tell u what the support has done for me lol
Turn off Wifi scanning completely.

Soup thanks so much for the development!!! Now I got another rom I must flash on my list lol.

The ROM is amazing man, u wont be dissapointed, and thanks for the support!!!

krabman

Sep 22, 2008
I never made it to this Rom as I smoked my PC and I don't flash without a full backup on the PC. It had been on my short list though and I've been keeping up with the thread while I await Mr UPS man. All this to say I like your style, you've been having fun with it and in my mind that's how it should be. Rock on.

habitformer

Mar 23, 2012
daytona beach
I never made it to this Rom as I smoked my PC and I don't flash without a full backup on the PC. It had been on my short list though and I've been keeping up with the thread while I await Mr UPS man. All this to say I like your style, you've been having fun with it and in my mind that's how it should be. Rock on.

The "official beanstalk" is out now and there are more people complaining about this and that...I'm sticking with soup for the win!

iburnhearts

Feb 6, 2011
The "official beanstalk" is out now and there are more people complaining about this and that...I'm sticking with soup for the win!

Well soup had his nexus 5 before Scott so its expected that this build would have less bugs since soup has had time to work some out.

Reactions: soupysoup

prasannathani

Jan 17, 2013
From soupysoup: yes
There are official builds too.

So the version on goo dated Dec 4, 2013 is the official one and differs from what soupy has provided us thus far (dated Nov 29)?

If anyone's tried both, curious to know their experience. If there's a thread already discussing this already, would appreciate it if you could point me there.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386188362878.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1386188362878.png
    88 KB · Views: 205

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
So the version on goo dated Dec 4, 2013 is the official one and differs from what soupy has provided us thus far (dated Nov 29)?

If anyone's tried both, curious to know their experience. If there's a thread already discussing this already, would appreciate it if you could point me there.

Its mostly under the hood differences, my version is compiled using the Linaro GCC, 4.8.2 for the ROM and 4.7.4 for the kernel, lots of Linaro dependencies throughout the ROM itself, for added optimazation, and small tweaks in the ROM, Scotts version is his Official version builts and compiled himself with stock cm kernel and gcc whereas i use SlimRoms kernel source, and Linaro gcc's, scott is a great dev, and this ROM is his baby, i just took it and added some flare, but all credit is his...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner4.jpg
    I am proud to present to you @scott.hart.bti's BeanStalk. This is a build composed off of the CM-11.0 builds with allot of added features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also DerTeufel1980's Hellybean and have been modified to work with current setup. A huge thanks to @DerTeufel1980 and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to @skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!
    images

He plan's on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to @scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

11_1387681451.png

10_1387680508.png

Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    Option to enable all widgets
    Use widget carousel
    Slider Shortcuts
    Power Widgets/Toggles
    More QS Options
    Option for Lockscreen, Stock, Beanstalk, Custom
    Static Lockscreen shortcuts
    Lockscreen button actions
    AOKP Screen Animations
    HALO (from Paranoid Android)
    Active Display (ChameleonOS)
    Init.d Scripts (like 18 of them to enable/disable whatever u want)
    Option to supend actions
    WakeLock Blocker
    Option to change LCD density
    Notification Drawer Shortcuts (with the option to change colors)
    Volume Rocker Wake
    Optin to Disable Fullscreen Keyboard
    Customizable Navbar/Ring shortcuts
    Menu placement
    Options to control Media Scanner behavior
    Scroll elasticity options
    Default App grip option
    Dark Stalk UI
    Custom Carrier label
    Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    Quick settings color settings, Quick pulldown, Auto Close, Sound Modes. Timeout Mode
    High end graphic effects option
    option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    Low battery warning customizable options
    Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    CM Performance options and features
    About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to Scott's facebook, twitter and donate, so please hit him off with a little love, alot of effort went into this.

4.4+ Based

Bugs
    You tell me?

11_1387681605.png

1. Download ROM
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Please back up your ROM before you begin!.
    4. Wipe System, Data, Dalvik
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Flash 4.4 Gapps
    7. Reboot
    8. Let it sit a while.
    9. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

images
    Special Thanks to:
    CyanogenMod Team
    TeamChopsticks
    scott.hart.bti
    Paranoid Android
    ThdDude
    DerTeufel1980
    SlimRom Team
    Cl3Kener
    Ayysir
    Google
    XDA
    everyone involved
    Anyone I forgot

[/URL][/COLOR]SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    BeanStalk source can be found HERE
    TeamChopsticks source can be found HERE
    TheMuppets source can be found HERE
    ABIDE!

XDA:DevDB Information
    ROM | Beanstalk-4.4.2_r1-v214-SaberMod-2014.01.06, a ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    soupysoup
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CM/SlimRoms/AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-11-26
    Last Updated 2014-01-06
    Soupy u make us love the nexus more and more everyday! Take ur time bro. Don't kill ur sleep! We can wait you have been awesome in updating roms anyway. Take Care.

^

I agree Soupysoup. I'm loving my N5. You are making our devices even better with every build. Also loving your Hellkat ROM. Played with that for a few days. Came back to Beanstalk for 4.4.1. Sleep good, take care of yourself and the family. We'll be here. Enjoy your Sunday.

You guys are fuc*ing awesome man, you are the reason I do what I do, the motivation n support u guys give me means more than u know, and its what pushes me to be better n better at everything I do, every ROM I put out is dedicated to the fans/users, because without u it would be nothing, I'm going to continue to provide the best projects I can, and please keep up the support man, I'll have an update by tom, maybe tonight with the "hopefully fixed" cam, enjoy guys...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Ya thats what Im seeing that the camera crashes

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Did the update, but camera is still crashing

Yeah, its cm, not me, been working on it all night with no progress short of rewriting the entire cam code, which im not up for tonight seeing as i have to work in 2 1/2hrs and i havent slept in 24 3/4hrs lol, ugh time to throw in the towel for the night, BUT.... ill be back tom, and im going to beat the cams ass into working order...
    @soupysoup : How's the new build version coming along??

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

[/COLOR @soupysoup : How's the new build version coming along??

Hoping to have a build out tonight, version 010, compiling now, so well see soon man, glad everyone is loving the ROM...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone