[ROM] {4.4.2_r1}* Unofficial* Beanstalk-4.4.2_r1-v214-SaberMod-2014.01.06-Hammerhead

Search This thread

s33squar3d

Dec 31, 2008
San Diego
Anyone having slight issues with HALO? Any time I get a notification and I open it in HALO, it takes me out of the app I am currently in and back to the homescreen. I tend to the app and then have to go into my recent apps list to get back to what I was doing. The app is still in the same state so its not like it killed the app or anything, it just wont stay active in the background. Ive changing the setting to pause active app both on and off and it happens no matter what. Any suggestions or anyone experiencing the same problem?

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
Anyone having slight issues with HALO? Any time I get a notification and I open it in HALO, it takes me out of the app I am currently in and back to the homescreen. I tend to the app and then have to go into my recent apps list to get back to what I was doing. The app is still in the same state so its not like it killed the app or anything, it just wont stay active in the background. Ive changing the setting to pause active app both on and off and it happens no matter what. Any suggestions or anyone experiencing the same problem?

i havent seen it, but then again HALO is still very new in 4.4, so its'll take some tweaking, I am currently uploading version 005, and may endo up posting 008 later tonight, LOTS of fixes, crazy stuff, Active Display will be back next version, LOTS os stability fixes aswell, hope u guys like it...
Edit-- Version 006 not 005

Last edited:

Synyster06Gates

Jan 17, 2011
Leander, Texas
i havent seen it, but then again HALO is still very new in 4.4, so its'll take some tweaking, I am currently uploading version 005, and may endo up posting 008 later tonight, LOTS of fixes, crazy stuff, Active Display will be back next version, LOTS os stability fixes aswell, hope u guys like it...

Awesome! Looking forward to it. So far this ROM has been the most stable and battery efficient for me.

Reactions: soupysoup

pathtologos

Mar 9, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Will any kernel work on this? Loving the ROM, Just wondering what kernel you all are using and what kinda advantages are you seeing (or improvements)?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Synyster06Gates

Jan 17, 2011
Leander, Texas
Will any kernel work on this? Loving the ROM, Just wondering what kernel you all are using and what kinda advantages are you seeing (or improvements)?

IIRC only Bricked will work with CM based ROMs at the moment. I'm using it and it's smooth with decent battery life. I never ran the stock kernel. I may this time around.

Reactions: pathtologos

k3mik4l

Nov 3, 2012
Where would the newest build link be? The one in the op shows only the 26th build. Tried searching but to no avail.

Sent from my Nexus 5

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Bricked works I no that but faux or Franco will not at the present time.

Sent from my Nexus 5

dobermann81

Dec 26, 2010
IIRC only Bricked will work with CM based ROMs at the moment. I'm using it and it's smooth with decent battery life. I never ran the stock kernel. I may this time around.

No ElementelX v.0.9 or 10 works to.

s33squar3d

Dec 31, 2008
San Diego
Awesome! Looking forward to it. So far this ROM has been the most stable and battery efficient for me.

the battery has been outstanding for me. the only real blip ive had has been with HALO, and even then most of the time it works. the best part: this ROM hasnt even begun to reach its full potential. i know the beanstalk crew is gonna be adding more and more to this ROM as it matures. gg bs and soupy

Synyster06Gates

Jan 17, 2011
Leander, Texas
Where would the newest build link be? The one in the op shows only the 26th build. Tried searching but to no avail.

Sent from my Nexus 5

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Sent from my Nexus 5

Use the download tab at the top of this thread.

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich

Sent from my Nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5

Sorry guys, im going to link the XDA DL's to the DL page and not the actual ROM dl page, kind of cler up any confusion, an we figured Active Display out, so im compiling now, and as long as i dont get any big issues, ill have another release for u guys tonight.....

Synyster06Gates

Jan 17, 2011
Leander, Texas
Sorry guys, im going to link the XDA DL's to the DL page and not the actual ROM dl page, kind of cler up any confusion, an we figured Active Display out, so im compiling now, and as long as i dont get any big issues, ill have another release for u guys tonight.....

You're awesome!

Question - where can you find themes? I've never played with CM themes or anything. Not sure how to download/use them.

theesotericone

Sep 22, 2013

Just dirty flashed the latest and zero issues. Init.d tweaks get wiped but that's to be expected. Just a heads up for anyone that had them set up. Tried Bricked on the first release and it was an amazing combo. About .2%/hour in standby. That's the lowest I've ever seen on any phone. Then stock on the last release. That was about .5%/hour. Guess I'll have to give Element a try as well. It is nice to have options. :cool:

abalosmusic

Nov 11, 2012
Futute builds are cool to dirty flash right? This rom+art is absolute butter

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner4.jpg
    I am proud to present to you @scott.hart.bti's BeanStalk. This is a build composed off of the CM-11.0 builds with allot of added features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also DerTeufel1980's Hellybean and have been modified to work with current setup. A huge thanks to @DerTeufel1980 and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to @skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!
    images

He plan's on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to @scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

11_1387681451.png

10_1387680508.png

Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    Option to enable all widgets
    Use widget carousel
    Slider Shortcuts
    Power Widgets/Toggles
    More QS Options
    Option for Lockscreen, Stock, Beanstalk, Custom
    Static Lockscreen shortcuts
    Lockscreen button actions
    AOKP Screen Animations
    HALO (from Paranoid Android)
    Active Display (ChameleonOS)
    Init.d Scripts (like 18 of them to enable/disable whatever u want)
    Option to supend actions
    WakeLock Blocker
    Option to change LCD density
    Notification Drawer Shortcuts (with the option to change colors)
    Volume Rocker Wake
    Optin to Disable Fullscreen Keyboard
    Customizable Navbar/Ring shortcuts
    Menu placement
    Options to control Media Scanner behavior
    Scroll elasticity options
    Default App grip option
    Dark Stalk UI
    Custom Carrier label
    Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    Quick settings color settings, Quick pulldown, Auto Close, Sound Modes. Timeout Mode
    High end graphic effects option
    option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    Low battery warning customizable options
    Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    CM Performance options and features
    About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to Scott's facebook, twitter and donate, so please hit him off with a little love, alot of effort went into this.

4.4+ Based

Bugs
    You tell me?

11_1387681605.png

1. Download ROM
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Please back up your ROM before you begin!.
    4. Wipe System, Data, Dalvik
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Flash 4.4 Gapps
    7. Reboot
    8. Let it sit a while.
    9. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

images
    Special Thanks to:
    CyanogenMod Team
    TeamChopsticks
    scott.hart.bti
    Paranoid Android
    ThdDude
    DerTeufel1980
    SlimRom Team
    Cl3Kener
    Ayysir
    Google
    XDA
    everyone involved
    Anyone I forgot

[/URL][/COLOR]SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    BeanStalk source can be found HERE
    TeamChopsticks source can be found HERE
    TheMuppets source can be found HERE
    ABIDE!

XDA:DevDB Information
    ROM | Beanstalk-4.4.2_r1-v214-SaberMod-2014.01.06, a ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    soupysoup
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CM/SlimRoms/AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-11-26
    Last Updated 2014-01-06
    OK guys, Ill be letting the master take over, Scott just got his N5 today so he'll be taking over the thread and releasing Officials, I'll still be around and releasing the Linaro "soup"ed edition, and as always u know where to get at me lol, much love guys thank u for all the support and enthusiasm, it meant alot, ull be in good hands scott is an amazing dev...
    Soupy u make us love the nexus more and more everyday! Take ur time bro. Don't kill ur sleep! We can wait you have been awesome in updating roms anyway. Take Care.

^

I agree Soupysoup. I'm loving my N5. You are making our devices even better with every build. Also loving your Hellkat ROM. Played with that for a few days. Came back to Beanstalk for 4.4.1. Sleep good, take care of yourself and the family. We'll be here. Enjoy your Sunday.

You guys are fuc*ing awesome man, you are the reason I do what I do, the motivation n support u guys give me means more than u know, and its what pushes me to be better n better at everything I do, every ROM I put out is dedicated to the fans/users, because without u it would be nothing, I'm going to continue to provide the best projects I can, and please keep up the support man, I'll have an update by tom, maybe tonight with the "hopefully fixed" cam, enjoy guys...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Ya thats what Im seeing that the camera crashes

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Did the update, but camera is still crashing

Yeah, its cm, not me, been working on it all night with no progress short of rewriting the entire cam code, which im not up for tonight seeing as i have to work in 2 1/2hrs and i havent slept in 24 3/4hrs lol, ugh time to throw in the towel for the night, BUT.... ill be back tom, and im going to beat the cams ass into working order...
    @soupysoup : How's the new build version coming along??

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

[/COLOR @soupysoup : How's the new build version coming along??

Hoping to have a build out tonight, version 010, compiling now, so well see soon man, glad everyone is loving the ROM...