[ROM 4.4.2_r2][5 Apr 2014] AOSP KVT49L KITKALO

Search This thread

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
i'm using CWMR Touch 6.0.23, had previous Kalo's 4.3 release, did wipe data, wipe cache, tried installing both regular and faster edition of KRT16M.
During installation i get:
Warning : No file_contextsset_metadata_recursive: so me changes failed
E:Error in RT16M_KALO_Faster_mako.zip (Status 7)
Installtion aborted.

Any ideas of what i have done wrong or what should i have done differently,
do i need to update my CWMR Touch to 6.0.4.4 or cause of my trouble is a simple corrupted zip file and i should just re-download KRT16M?

You need to upgrade your custom recovery in order to install Android 4.4 based ROMs.

The rom works fine with blend mod, no FC whatsoever, 1h sot = 17% of battery loss, i have 83% with 2h on battery totalized.

The problem is the rom isn't totally butterysmooth. In fact, ingame it's very laggy but I think It won't be a problem anymore after stock image comes out.

Also will you make your rom ART compatible or not ? (odex and gapps stuff)

I really don't need the Factory Image :) I would like to see the new binary files for Android 4.4 - Nexus 4.
Games cannot be smooth because you are using old Android 4.3 specific binaries.
I will make ART compatible the ROM when ART will be stable, of course.

Reactions: Kagath

Silence.0

Jun 19, 2013
You need to upgrade your custom recovery in order to install Android 4.4 based ROMs.

I really don't need the Factory Image :) I would like to see the new binary files for Android 4.4 - Nexus 4.
Games cannot be smooth because you are using old Android 4.3 specific binaries.
I will make ART compatible the ROM when ART will be stable, of course.

Doesn't the binaries come out with the factory image ? I meant the binaries if not x)
Okay I'll be waiting :victory:

psak

Oct 13, 2010
which custom recovery works good with 4.4 based ROM? Which one would you recommend?

Thank you in advance!!

P.S.: btw, sorry for double post earlier, don't know if was the chrome's fault or mine =)

Last edited:

CaribouLou620

Oct 1, 2010
Kansas
I've been reading these other threads and it seems like they are having considerable problems. I think I stick with this one for a bit. Working GREAT!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using this threads Nexus 5 Port

Reactions: kalo86

Cuxx

Feb 22, 2010
Does the calendar works right? In my case i have to login to an Google account but I'm already connected to my account. When I try to connect to it separately it doesn't work.

I used the PA Gapps

Anybody else have this problem?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383547031684.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383547031684.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
Does the calendar works right? In my case i have to login to an Google account but I'm already connected to my account. When I try to connect to it separately it doesn't work.

I used the PA Gapps

Anybody else have this problem?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

With my ROM out of the box you can install Google Calendar from the Play Store and you won't have any kind of problem.

Reactions: Kagath and mene82

shay2911

Oct 21, 2011
No!!! Current setup is perfect! Anything to be added or removed can be done with xposed anyway for people who want to customize it :)
Thanks a lot for the Rom

why are you saying things without any checking ...

"Android 4.4 changed several things and it's therefore not compatible with Xposed yet"

That's a direct quote from the Xposed Thread

Silence.0

Jun 19, 2013
The battery life is... dammnnnn..

60% at the end of the day, with 1h30 On-screen time, 15 hours in total, and with 30 minutes of heavy games.

bigmase521

Jun 14, 2007
New York
Slow Wifi

Man I was really liking this ROM upon first install except my Wifi is sloooooooooow. Like crawling. Ran a speed test; 0.07/0.09. It's basically unusable. This happen to anyone else? I turned wifi optimization on/off, re-flashed my radio.. nothing helps.. except going back to my previous 4.3 ROM. Any ideas? :confused:

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
Man I was really liking this ROM upon first install except my Wifi is sloooooooooow. Like crawling. Ran a speed test; 0.07/0.09. It's basically unusable. This happen to anyone else? I turned wifi optimization on/off, re-flashed my radio.. nothing helps.. except going back to my previous 4.3 ROM. Any ideas? :confused:

Hi, since you are running a not-full Android 4.4 ROM, you will have to wait for Google to release the specific new drivers/binaries for Android 4.4.
NFC, Camera, Sensors, Audio, DRM, Cryptography, Graphics, GSM, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Media, DSP, USB binaries are still based on Android 4.3 release and they could give problems in Android 4.4 ROMs.
WiFi slow or really slow and missing butter effect are not a bug in KitKat, with the new incoming drivers we will have a great new OS, don't worry :good:

folgoratore

Dec 28, 2010
Roma
this rom is really good! there's only one problem, when i enable the ART compiler, after the reboot, the process com.google.gapps keeps crashing, making the phone not usable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

Hello people!
    This is a clean ROM for Nexus 4 built from the AOSP source code.

Why this is a different AOSP-based ROM
    The main goal is to reach a perfect configuration maintaining the stock interface and the stock kernel without compromising the stability of the pure Google AOSP ROM.
    For this reason I deleted a lot of files which I repute not necessary for a smartphone like the Nexus 4.
    Less apps are loaded by Android system, more battery is available for you!
    This is the main/daily ROM for my smartphone and its purpose is to be stable and to not drain battery.
    I recommend to use the stock kernel for this reason and to maintain the same configuration.
    If you want a more customized ROM, please look for CyanogenMod or AOKP based ROMs, they are the best and safe way to obtain the best usage from the Android System.
    But if you agreed with me, if you want to really use a smartphone for working purpose, if you want to use the Nexus 4 to call people and if you don't need to "amaze" your Apple-funboys with Live Wallpapers, Swipe gestures on keyboard, Photosphere and other stuffs (please let me kid a little), then you are welcome to my work.

Features
    - Compiled against android-4.4.2_r2 branch (build ID is KVT49L);
    - Fully disabled bugreports;
    - Persistent root with su binary (always the latest version);
    - Disabled the Select Input Method notification when the keyboard is on;
    - Minimal set of Google Apps, updated to KitKat 4.4.2;
    - Enabled Location Provider support;
    - Blocked ads with custom hosts file;
    - Busybox;
    - init.d folder;
    - Optimized WiFi performances;
    - Changed WiFi Tile behavior in Quick Settings (one click ON/OFF toggle);
    - Changed Mobile Data behavior in Quick Settings (one click ON/OFF toggle);
    - Changed Bluetooth Tile behavior in Quick Settings (one click ON/OFF toggle);
    - Changed Geolocation Tile behavior in Quick Settings (one click ON/OFF toggle);
    - Nova Launcher is the default launcher;
    - No Google Now;
    - No Hangouts;
    - Stock AOSP Messages for SMS/MMS;
    - Go into Quick Settings if there are not notifications;
    - Clear all button in recent apps;
    - Added Rotation Lock Tile in Quick Settings;
    - Updated to the latest Qualcomm kernel;
    - Kernel compatibility with Touch Control application;
    - HSPA+ support (H+ icons);
    - Added Lock Screen Tile in Quick Settings;
    - Removed Gallery, stock Browser, Music;
    - ART compatibility;
    - Double tap to unlock gesture;
    - Sweep to wake gesture;
    - Underclock CPU frequencies.

Download

If you liked my work, please hit the Thanks button and consider a free donation, thank you :)

kalo86

Special Thanks go to:

- Thomas Zanoli for his donations (x2);
    - Daxx for his great banner;
    - Anton Petrakovskiy for his donation;
    - Javier Novo for his donation;
    - Jimmy de Graaf for his donation;
    Hello people!
    There is a new release from AOSP code: JLS36C.
    Of course I just compiled a new ROM and it should be available very soon.
    Check out the first post for the download link!
    Regards,

kalo86
    Ok, sorry for the long time but I had to upload the same file two times due to a network issue.
    The download is ready!
    Happy flashing! ;)
    The new ROM is in upload, please be patient.
    Regards
    Hello people!
    This is a clean ROM for Nexus 4 built from the AOSP code android-4.2.2_r1.2b JRE09.
    I only made minimal changes because I like the pure Android style:

- Disabled bugreports in kernel;
    - Persistent root with su binary;
    - Added the rotation toggle in Quick Settings;
    - Disabled the User Tile in Quick Settings;
    - Minimal set of Google Apps;
    - Added Flash Player support;
    - Enabled the Location Provider support;
    - MMS.apk with smart notification support (thanks to CyanogenMod Team).

DOWNLOAD (in progress)

If you liked my work, please hit the Thank button :)

kalo86

Looks cool bro :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone