[ROM][4.4.3] CyanogenMod 11 for HTC One S

Search This thread

Sebba513

Feb 28, 2013
My brother has this rom on his phone, he was running 2014-04-01 build, but Maps didn't work for him so I told him to update to latest nightly, which was 2014-25-01. Now his WiFi doesn't work. He cleared the cache, dalvik cache, but WiFi still doesn't work. Is there any way to fix this without clearing data? it's not S-Off so i guess the new kernel didn't install.. He's hboot 2.15

Insecret

Mar 16, 2009
Bucharest
My brother has this rom on his phone, he was running 2014-04-01 build, but Maps didn't work for him so I told him to update to latest nightly, which was 2014-25-01. Now his WiFi doesn't work. He cleared the cache, dalvik cache, but WiFi still doesn't work. Is there any way to fix this without clearing data? it's not S-Off so i guess the new kernel didn't install.. He's hboot 2.15

WIPE everything, then fastboot flash boot boot.img after that chose the apropiate zip in recovery to install it. No issues are officially for dirty installs

Reactions: Sebba513

Sebba513

Feb 28, 2013
WIPE everything, then fastboot flash boot boot.img after that chose the apropiate zip in recovery to install it. No issues are officially for dirty installs

Is there any other way? He's not techie enough to do that by himself, and I won't see him for like another 2 weeks. He's on a Mac too, so that could be difficult as well.

intervigil

Jun 5, 2009
Bay Area
Thanks, it show only the following lines between plugging in and rebooting:

Code:
D/alsa_ucm(  255): snd_use_case_set(): uc_mgr 0xb8f83188 identifier _disdev value Speaker
D/alsa_ucm(  255): disdev: device Speaker not enabled, no need to disable
D/alsa_ucm(  255): snd_use_case_set(): uc_mgr 0xb8f83188 identifier _enadev value USB PROXY Rx
E/alsa_ucm(  255): No valid device USB PROXY Rx found

Yup, USB PROXY Rx appears to be missing... I'll look at it.

gajodafeira

May 1, 2007
He is S-ON. As stated previously, download Flash Image GUI from the Apps forum (or buy in Play Store to support great app). Use it to flash the boot.img which you are not flashing properly now.

That's not the place but... I have S-ON too, it has to be off? I install any release with twrp recovery and sometimes i get status 7, and with the roms that install fine, it wont boot..

Sebba513

Feb 28, 2013
He can try flashing boot.img using flash image GUI, that worked fine for me when I was still s-on.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Download bubba kernel and flash as you did the ROM in recovery

Will bubba kernel flash in recovery still work even though it's s-on? I thought you needed a computer for that.
Also, has anyone tried using flash image GUI while s-on? I'd rather know for sure instead of jeopardizing losing his phone for 2 weeks..

ApneaB

Aug 7, 2013
Will bubba kernel flash in recovery still work even though it's s-on? I thought you needed a computer for that.
Also, has anyone tried using flash image GUI while s-on? I'd rather know for sure instead of jeopardizing losing his phone for 2 weeks..

Yes, me and many others, as stated above.........

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Sebba513

The Setlaz

Jan 6, 2010
That's not the place but... I have S-ON too, it has to be off? I install any release with twrp recovery and sometimes i get status 7, and with the roms that install fine, it wont boot..

No, if S-ON, you just have to manually flash the boot.img (for those who are S-OFF, it is done automatically)
If you have boot or wifi issue, that would most likely fix it.

thiasB

Nov 16, 2009
Berlin
I have GPS related reboots while play Ingress... :/

Me too :( Also tried Bubba with no improvements. this and the permanent 3G,H, H+ switching are the only annoying bugs left. And for those who don't see the GPS related reboots, this issue IS real. try switching an app which uses GPS from backe to foreground multiple times and you'll have a reboot for sure. The number of switches to force the reboot is random.
On the other hand I love the speed of the device esp. when considering that it was released about two years ago. Its worth to maintain it for another two years ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod 11 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.3 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Index:
    1st Post: Official Nightlies for HBOOT 2.15
    2nd Post: Unofficial Builds for HBOOT 2.16
    3rd Post: Changelog

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    • Download or Build from Source
    • Download Gapps
    • Wipe Data
    • Flash ROM in Recovery
    • Flash Gapps in Recovery
    • Incase you don't have S-OFF, fastboot flash boot boot.img

Not Working:
    • You tell me

Downloads (HBOOT 2.15):
    Official Nightly Builds HBOOT 2.15 Only.
    Google Apps

Recovery (HBOOT 2.15):
    Beginning with nightly 20140501, several HTC devices are being transitioned to a new fstab layout. This will not affect your data. This change requires kernel support in recovery for CyanogenMod packages to install. Your current recovery is almost guaranteed to not support this change, yet... welcome to bleeding edge!
    Please read THIS
    TWRP | Mirror

Credits:
    intervigil, h8rift, xkonni, toastcfh, deck, rohan32, flemmard and all the HTC-MSM8960 Team Members.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
    RockR172, intervigil
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Hboot 2.15.xx, S-OFF, Unlocked Bootloader, Custom Recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-11-15
    Last Updated 2014-06-09
    CyanogenMod 11 for HBOOT 2.16

CyanogenMod 11 is now available for HBOOT 2.16

NOTICE: Due to lack of free time and also not owning an HTC One S anymore, I can no longer compile builds for HBOOT 2.16.
    Worry not, @cikoleko does Nightly builds for HBOOT 2.16 which can be found HERE
    Changelog:

Latest, more accurate Changelog for Nightlies/Unofficial Builds can now be found HERE.

cm-11-20131207-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Android 4.4.1

cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip

cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Hardware Button Configuration is now back

cm-11-20131129-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source

cm-11-20131125-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source - New boot animation and more stuff!

cm-11-20131122-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM source - Re-introduces Quick Settings and Notification drawer settings
    • Other misc changes to device and kernel sources
    • AOSP release 4.4_r1.2 KRT16S

cm-11-20131119-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Can now be flashed on regular recoveries like TWRP
    • Cherry picked new Audio patches
    • Latest CM source

cm-11-20131117-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Camera App now actually works
    • Some other fixes

cm-11-20131116-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Audio Fixed
    • Bluetooth Works
    • Video Playback

cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • First Release
    • Fixed SD Card
    • Fixed WiFi
    Okay, with a heavy heart I have to say that I can no longer do builds for hboot 2.16.
    I have too much college work, assignments, practicals n stuff and can't afford to spend time compiling builds in Linux.. :(
    I did try to do builds past few days, but couldn't..
    My advice is, downgrade your hboot to 2.15 and get daily official builds from CyanogenMod. It is not really that difficult/scary to downgrade. I have done it a couple of times when i wanted to test my hboot 2.16 builds when i was on hboot 2.15.
    Also, if anyone wants to do builds for 2.16 feel free to post it in the thread..
    Sorry guys, I tried my best. :)
    Big ups to intervigil and rest of the CM team, you guys rock! \o/ \m/
    Not sure I said that exactly, but I think that support for our device is definitely a low priority since our maintainer was hired by CM and likely spends most of his time on tasks that bring in revenue. As it stands now, it doesn't seem we will ever get a stable release, so will be stuck here in xda purgatory complaining back and forth about the same things until we can afford to get a pure AOSP device and give up the crack flashing life.

It's kind of disheartening to see so many people ascribe so many shady ulterior motives to the company (we have no plans for world domination, and it really is discouraging to see so many people knee-jerk react negatively), but ville support hasn't been so great lately, so I figure I owe you an explanation.
    CM Inc is my day job, device support mostly remains a side project for me. The company and open source organization (which are two separate things) has little to do with deciding which devices get support, and to what degree. Device maintainers are largely responsible for the kernels and device trees that actually determine how well most of the device hardware is supported.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone