[ROM][4.4.3] CyanogenMod 11 for HTC One S

Search This thread

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
Not really. Two days ago nearly all devices couldn't boot anymore. This was the fix.

Btw coming nightly will make your device feel snappier... Also it doesn't remove the lock screen delay really, this thing will become better (a bit).

I don't really see anything much in the commit log that would make the phone faster, but there was a RIL commit yesterday I'm hoping will help with my bouncing signal, as the logs do show returning an invalid state...

eabinsan

Sep 24, 2009
ok, here is a shot at a more proper gyro fix. The gyro will turn off again with this kernel, so it should not impact battery life (not that i did notice a big difference with the previous version).
I hope it is as stable as the first try.

If this proves to be working - can anybody take this on to get it fixed upstream? I don't intent to maintain my own kernel, since i'm pretty short on time :(

Attachments

• my_boot_gyro_fix.img
    5.9 MB · Views: 4

thiasB

Nov 16, 2009
Berlin
ok, here is a shot at a more proper gyro fix. The gyro will turn off again with this kernel, so it should not impact battery life (not that i did notice a big difference with the previous version).

If this proves to be working - can anybody take this on to get it fixed upstream? I don't intent to maintain my own kernel, since i'm pretty short on time :(

Flashed this kernel and will report again tommorow.

your previous version ran just great on my device. I intensively tested the phone with Ingress and other apps. At times I usually saw 5-10 reboot a day (yes, I push the Ville very hard) there was not a single reboot today after flashing your kernel. You're definitely on the right way. Thank you for your effort in making this device usable.
Did I mention that you made me very happy today?you made me very happy today!

Last edited:

nicknc

Dec 10, 2009
Thank you for your effort in making this device usable.
Did I mention that you made me very happy today?you made me very happy today!

Well hit his thanks button then.... :)

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

04 Feb was no boot for me. Had to restore old data backup to boot. This with and without bubba.

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
Well hit his thanks button then.... :)

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

04 Feb was no boot for me. Had to restore old data backup to boot. This with and without bubba.

Booted and running for me.

Brushstroke

Aug 26, 2013
Nah, did clean install without bubba. Still wouldn't boot.

Back on 31 Jan.

Hmm. Can you tell us anything else about your phone that might help us explain why it didn't boot? Because mine booted fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: nicknc

nicknc

Dec 10, 2009
Hmm. Can you tell us anything else about your phone that might help us explain why its not booting? Because mine booted fine.

I have no clue.

I downloaded through CyanDelta, flashed under the proper TWRP, using a kernel wipe and then slapping 29 January bubba on afterwards.

It rebooted fine the first time. I put in my usual build.prop edit (so I can use the data I pay for, :) ), rebooted and that was that. Spun for about ten minutes.

Because I could hear Smurfette laughing hysterically, given the conversation we had earlier today about kernels, I did a full wipe (except for data), including running a kernel wipe script and installed vanilla CM, using the same 02/04 build, without bubba. Still wouldn't boot.

I even tried flashing 31 January on there, but couldn't get that to boot until I wiped everything and then restored my data partition from a previous backup.

I had to do all this while navigating rush hour traffic so that I could let my wife know I was on my way home, so no logs-- sorry. lol!

If no one else is having issues, it's probably a CyanDelta problem or data partition corruption (I had that happen suddenly about two months ago).

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Bad download...it happens

Yeah, I'd buy off on that except that it torched my data partition somehow-- that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Oh well. It's working now on 31 Jan. I'll wait until @rmbq releases another update, as I can't stand the 3+ hours it takes to charge my phone with the stock CM kernel.

Brushstroke

Aug 26, 2013
I have no clue.

I downloaded through CyanDelta, flashed under the proper TWRP, using a kernel wipe and then slapping 29 January bubba on afterwards.

It rebooted fine the first time. I put in my usual build.prop edit (so I can use the data I pay for, :) ), rebooted and that was that. Spun for about ten minutes.

Because I could hear Smurfette laughing hysterically, given the conversation we had earlier today about kernels, I did a full wipe (except for data), including running a kernel wipe script and installed vanilla CM, using the same 02/04 build, without bubba. Still wouldn't boot.

I even tried flashing 31 January on there, but couldn't get that to boot until I wiped everything and then restored my data partition from a previous backup.

I had to do all this while navigating rush hour traffic so that I could let my wife know I was on my way home, so no logs-- sorry. lol!

If no one else is having issues, it's probably a CyanDelta problem or data partition corruption (I had that happen suddenly about two months ago).

I used CyanDelta too so that can't be the problem. Maybe like our favorite blue friend said, it was a bad download. Still though, it happened both times for you. That's weird unless your data connection just happened to be really flaky at the time. In any case, how's Bubba kernel? Is it worth switching from the stock kernel?

And I have to say, I'm impressed that you were able to do all of that while in traffic. I don't think I have the coordination or the patience to do that. :p

nicknc

Dec 10, 2009
I used CyanDelta too so that can't be the problem. Maybe like our favorite blue friend said, it was a bad download. Still though, it happened both times for you. That's weird unless your data connection just happened to be really flaky at the time. In any case, how's Bubba kernel? Is it worth switching from the stock kernel?

And I have to say, I'm impressed that you were able to do all of that while in traffic. I don't think I have the coordination or the patience to do that. :p

Brother, I bought a turbofrog cell phone holder. Horribly stupid name, but it works like a champ. My truck is high enough that I can put my phone in there, see what I need to, and the local PD can't quite tell if I am texting or not (I'm not). It's one of those that has a low center of gravity and a high-friction surface so it simply does not slide-- ever.

I am giving CyanDelta another go-- we'll see if it happens again.

And yes-- bubba is WELL worth it. It has issues about every 6 months, but @rmbq has done a fantastic job of creating something that really adds to CM, while avoiding excessive bells and whistles. It's faster, has better battery life and has a practical set of features that I appreciate.

Reactions: Brushstroke

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
La_Smurfette has as much faith in cyandelta as she does super bang bang kernels. This is not the first time cyandelta has bent someone's phone over in this thread.

Btw, I'd try bubba more often if it was compiled into a .img.

Last edited:

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
...because you won't s-off. Lmao.

Have a great night man. I'll post back if it doesn't resolve after downloading again.

Tried. Failed. Firewater guys said hurr durr, try using a sense rom. Not worth it to save 15 seconds a day

Edit. Phone just locked up. I blame Nick. Hard reboot and fine

Last edited:

Brushstroke

Aug 26, 2013
So, I decided to jump on the Bubba kernel bandwagon and see what all the fuss is about. It's kind of nice, not much difference as far as I can tell but we shall see how the battery does. Booted, and rebooted, just fine.

thiasB

Nov 16, 2009
Berlin

this kernel is as stable as your previous one. Please get that fix upstream as soon as possible. I suggest to contact @intervigil here, via irc or G+. Or, if you feel comfortable with git/gerrit just push a patch to http://review.cyanogenmod.org. I'm sure it's going to be revised fairly fast.

Again, huge thanks to you!

BTW: Is this the new Bubba thread? :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod 11 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.3 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Index:
    1st Post: Official Nightlies for HBOOT 2.15
    2nd Post: Unofficial Builds for HBOOT 2.16
    3rd Post: Changelog

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    • Download or Build from Source
    • Download Gapps
    • Wipe Data
    • Flash ROM in Recovery
    • Flash Gapps in Recovery
    • Incase you don't have S-OFF, fastboot flash boot boot.img

Not Working:
    • You tell me

Downloads (HBOOT 2.15):
    Official Nightly Builds HBOOT 2.15 Only.
    Google Apps

Recovery (HBOOT 2.15):
    Beginning with nightly 20140501, several HTC devices are being transitioned to a new fstab layout. This will not affect your data. This change requires kernel support in recovery for CyanogenMod packages to install. Your current recovery is almost guaranteed to not support this change, yet... welcome to bleeding edge!
    Please read THIS
    TWRP | Mirror

Credits:
    intervigil, h8rift, xkonni, toastcfh, deck, rohan32, flemmard and all the HTC-MSM8960 Team Members.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
    RockR172, intervigil
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Hboot 2.15.xx, S-OFF, Unlocked Bootloader, Custom Recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-11-15
    Last Updated 2014-06-09
    CyanogenMod 11 for HBOOT 2.16

CyanogenMod 11 is now available for HBOOT 2.16

NOTICE: Due to lack of free time and also not owning an HTC One S anymore, I can no longer compile builds for HBOOT 2.16.
    Worry not, @cikoleko does Nightly builds for HBOOT 2.16 which can be found HERE
    Changelog:

Latest, more accurate Changelog for Nightlies/Unofficial Builds can now be found HERE.

cm-11-20131207-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Android 4.4.1

cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip

cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Hardware Button Configuration is now back

cm-11-20131129-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source

cm-11-20131125-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source - New boot animation and more stuff!

cm-11-20131122-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM source - Re-introduces Quick Settings and Notification drawer settings
    • Other misc changes to device and kernel sources
    • AOSP release 4.4_r1.2 KRT16S

cm-11-20131119-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Can now be flashed on regular recoveries like TWRP
    • Cherry picked new Audio patches
    • Latest CM source

cm-11-20131117-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Camera App now actually works
    • Some other fixes

cm-11-20131116-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Audio Fixed
    • Bluetooth Works
    • Video Playback

cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • First Release
    • Fixed SD Card
    • Fixed WiFi
    Okay, with a heavy heart I have to say that I can no longer do builds for hboot 2.16.
    I have too much college work, assignments, practicals n stuff and can't afford to spend time compiling builds in Linux.. :(
    I did try to do builds past few days, but couldn't..
    My advice is, downgrade your hboot to 2.15 and get daily official builds from CyanogenMod. It is not really that difficult/scary to downgrade. I have done it a couple of times when i wanted to test my hboot 2.16 builds when i was on hboot 2.15.
    Also, if anyone wants to do builds for 2.16 feel free to post it in the thread..
    Sorry guys, I tried my best. :)
    Big ups to intervigil and rest of the CM team, you guys rock! \o/ \m/
    Not sure I said that exactly, but I think that support for our device is definitely a low priority since our maintainer was hired by CM and likely spends most of his time on tasks that bring in revenue. As it stands now, it doesn't seem we will ever get a stable release, so will be stuck here in xda purgatory complaining back and forth about the same things until we can afford to get a pure AOSP device and give up the crack flashing life.

It's kind of disheartening to see so many people ascribe so many shady ulterior motives to the company (we have no plans for world domination, and it really is discouraging to see so many people knee-jerk react negatively), but ville support hasn't been so great lately, so I figure I owe you an explanation.
    CM Inc is my day job, device support mostly remains a side project for me. The company and open source organization (which are two separate things) has little to do with deciding which devices get support, and to what degree. Device maintainers are largely responsible for the kernels and device trees that actually determine how well most of the device hardware is supported.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone