[ROM][4.4.3] CyanogenMod 11 for HTC One S

Search This thread

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
Would also like to point out I have had my phone in my pocket twice today

Seems like that should be private, between you and your phone?

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Thank you. I'll have a deeper look inside. Due to my restricted time I'll pm you this weekend.

kavafree PM'd me also. I did capture a log and there's a lot of funny business with RILJ errors and disconnects, but I couldn't figure out how to get the log to them (I am blocked for file sharing at work).

nicknc

Dec 10, 2009
I've always used:

Strange that they are so different...almost as if it's a placebo, and maybe only one of them is doing anything at all (I always suspected fast dormancy was the only useful one). I'm waiting for this guy to do a series on radio prop edits, just to see if any of them are real.

http://www.jeffmixon.com/examining-build-prop-tweaks-for-android-ics-a-comprehensive-guide-part-1/

The 24/6 values just dictate the max down/up speed sought by the phone. 28/7 is accurate, but I believe 24/6 is what is hspa for TMOUS

The fast dormancy value of 0 vs 2 seems to be region and device specific. Don't forget that TMOUS really uses a bizarre patchwork of frequencies, technologies and carriers. In areas where fast dormancy is not used by TMOUS, the value of 0 or 2 obviously will not matter.

All TMobile phones I've looked at have it set to 2 with no issue. Just the ville is different.

I still can't figure out what the svn parameter is for, but it also prohibits data drops on my phone, verified by deleting it and a return of drops.

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk

Brushstroke

Aug 26, 2013
Wanted to bring this to everyones attention. On the 02/04 nightly, it appears that tethering services don't work. On my laptop, it shows the connection in the list and I can connect to it, but both on USB tethering and WiFi tethering (have not tried with Bluetooth) it shows "No internet access" even though I'm connected. I use tethering a lot so I had to revert to 01/31.

nicknc

Dec 10, 2009
Wanted to bring this to everyones attention. On the 02/04 nightly, it appears that tethering services don't work. On my laptop, it shows the connection in the list and I can connect to it, but both on USB tethering and WiFi tethering (have not tried with Bluetooth) it shows "No internet access" even though I'm connected. I use tethering a lot so I had to revert to 01/31.

Are you TMOUS?

Brushstroke

Aug 26, 2013
Did you do the adb tether fix mentioned a few months back?

No? I didn't know such a fix existed. For what it's worth, I'm currently using tethering on the 01/31 nightly with no issues. This makes me think it's an issue with the latest two updates, because it doesn't work on 02/03 or 02/04.

nicknc

Dec 10, 2009
No? I didn't know such a fix existed. For what it's worth, I'm currently using tethering on the 01/31 nightly with no issues. This makes me think it's an issue with the latest two updates, because it doesn't work on 02/03 or 02/04.

It's some secret APN for T-Mobile tethering that is new to cm11.

You have to disable it. I think the adb commands were posted in November.

intervigil

Jun 5, 2009
Bay Area
So, as a workaround I built myself a kernel with accessory detection disabled. I can boot the zImage just fine, but i can't flash it with fastboot flash zimage (permission denied)

I also tried to build a boot.img, using the current nightly as a base for unmkbootimg and mkbootimg

Code:
mkbootimg --kernel arc/arm/boot/zImage --ramdisk initramfs.cpio.gz --base 0x80400000 --cmdline 'console=ttyHSL0,115200,n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom' -o new_boot.img

unfortunately, this just leads to a boot loop :( any advice?

Try this:
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/59154/

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Could you post it here? The question comes up every few weeks.

Do this instead: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/55930/
This is much easier than the SQL change, just use setprop.

nicknc

Dec 10, 2009
Try this:

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Out of curiosity, why does this selectively enforce?

I had to do it way back in Nov, but have had several clean installs since then and haven't had to do it again

This without restoring data, of course, rather reconfiguring everything.

Try this:

eabinsan

Sep 24, 2009
Try this:

Thanks! Unfortunately the full android build does not work on my system yet, so i will wait until this lands in a nightly before testing it.
Do I need to do anything about the patch you submitted for me, besides monitoring it? I do not really care about any rights (bragging or otherwise ;) ), just that the patch is mainlined if possible.

intervigil

Jun 5, 2009
Bay Area
Thanks! Unfortunately the full android build does not work on my system yet, so i will wait until this lands in a nightly before testing it.
Do I need to do anything about the patch you submitted for me, besides monitoring it? I do not really care about any rights (bragging or otherwise ;) ), just that the patch is mainlined if possible.

You can test the USB PROXY patch by remounting /system and just pushing the patched snd_soc_msm_2x to /system/etc/snd_soc_msm/
I don't have a USB audio device to test this patchset with, so I'm unsure if it will actually fix your issue, or if I've missed a use case or two, thus I'd rather someone actually test it.
As for the other patchset, if you make a gerrit account and comment on it, I can fix the authorship for you, otherwise PM me an email and I'll fix it. as well.

Aeonxul

Jan 28, 2013
www.last.fm
First off, the wake up screen delay is back or to say if it it existed all along it is way worse now on 02/04! also i am experiencing a very annoying problem with Viber. When sb sends me a message when my screen is off there is no notification pop up, the moment i turn on the screens all the pm(s) will pop up, or some times notification pop up will appear but with minutes delay! i have wifi always turn on policy both in cyanogen's settings and viber itself also of course i have checked the pm notification pop up option. how can i fix this?

asinglenoob

Oct 30, 2012
Screens of Death

Glad to know I'm not the only one with the screens of death. I'm beginning to wonder if in my case the cause of the issue is something to do with the alarm. I turned the alarm on last night before bed, and plugged the device in to charge. Several times before turning in for the night I checked the phone for the screen of death and it didn't happen once. In the morning my tablet woke me again and when I reached for my phone to check Facebook, the black screen was there. It never black screens during the day, whenever I power it on it works just fine. Tonight I'm going to plug my phone in to charge and keep the alarm off on it, I'll report back tomorrow with results.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod 11 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.3 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Index:
    1st Post: Official Nightlies for HBOOT 2.15
    2nd Post: Unofficial Builds for HBOOT 2.16
    3rd Post: Changelog

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    • Download or Build from Source
    • Download Gapps
    • Wipe Data
    • Flash ROM in Recovery
    • Flash Gapps in Recovery
    • Incase you don't have S-OFF, fastboot flash boot boot.img

Not Working:
    • You tell me

Downloads (HBOOT 2.15):
    Official Nightly Builds HBOOT 2.15 Only.
    Google Apps

Recovery (HBOOT 2.15):
    Beginning with nightly 20140501, several HTC devices are being transitioned to a new fstab layout. This will not affect your data. This change requires kernel support in recovery for CyanogenMod packages to install. Your current recovery is almost guaranteed to not support this change, yet... welcome to bleeding edge!
    Please read THIS
    TWRP | Mirror

Credits:
    intervigil, h8rift, xkonni, toastcfh, deck, rohan32, flemmard and all the HTC-MSM8960 Team Members.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
    RockR172, intervigil
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Hboot 2.15.xx, S-OFF, Unlocked Bootloader, Custom Recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-11-15
    Last Updated 2014-06-09
    CyanogenMod 11 for HBOOT 2.16

CyanogenMod 11 is now available for HBOOT 2.16

NOTICE: Due to lack of free time and also not owning an HTC One S anymore, I can no longer compile builds for HBOOT 2.16.
    Worry not, @cikoleko does Nightly builds for HBOOT 2.16 which can be found HERE
    Changelog:

Latest, more accurate Changelog for Nightlies/Unofficial Builds can now be found HERE.

cm-11-20131207-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Android 4.4.1

cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip

cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Hardware Button Configuration is now back

cm-11-20131129-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source

cm-11-20131125-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source - New boot animation and more stuff!

cm-11-20131122-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM source - Re-introduces Quick Settings and Notification drawer settings
    • Other misc changes to device and kernel sources
    • AOSP release 4.4_r1.2 KRT16S

cm-11-20131119-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Can now be flashed on regular recoveries like TWRP
    • Cherry picked new Audio patches
    • Latest CM source

cm-11-20131117-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Camera App now actually works
    • Some other fixes

cm-11-20131116-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Audio Fixed
    • Bluetooth Works
    • Video Playback

cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • First Release
    • Fixed SD Card
    • Fixed WiFi
    Okay, with a heavy heart I have to say that I can no longer do builds for hboot 2.16.
    I have too much college work, assignments, practicals n stuff and can't afford to spend time compiling builds in Linux.. :(
    I did try to do builds past few days, but couldn't..
    My advice is, downgrade your hboot to 2.15 and get daily official builds from CyanogenMod. It is not really that difficult/scary to downgrade. I have done it a couple of times when i wanted to test my hboot 2.16 builds when i was on hboot 2.15.
    Also, if anyone wants to do builds for 2.16 feel free to post it in the thread..
    Sorry guys, I tried my best. :)
    Big ups to intervigil and rest of the CM team, you guys rock! \o/ \m/
    Not sure I said that exactly, but I think that support for our device is definitely a low priority since our maintainer was hired by CM and likely spends most of his time on tasks that bring in revenue. As it stands now, it doesn't seem we will ever get a stable release, so will be stuck here in xda purgatory complaining back and forth about the same things until we can afford to get a pure AOSP device and give up the crack flashing life.

It's kind of disheartening to see so many people ascribe so many shady ulterior motives to the company (we have no plans for world domination, and it really is discouraging to see so many people knee-jerk react negatively), but ville support hasn't been so great lately, so I figure I owe you an explanation.
    CM Inc is my day job, device support mostly remains a side project for me. The company and open source organization (which are two separate things) has little to do with deciding which devices get support, and to what degree. Device maintainers are largely responsible for the kernels and device trees that actually determine how well most of the device hardware is supported.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone