[ROM][4.4.3] CyanogenMod 11 for HTC One S

Search This thread

blinksilver

Sep 23, 2007
So I have a question. The hardware of the One S supports BT4.0 w/BLE. In the world pre-4.4 (or was it 4.3) each manufacturer had there own implementation of BLE(if you can't use an "always syncing" fitbit on a device this is likely the reason), Google consolidated it to a standard api (or at least this is what I've been reading), What does that mean for the One S on CM11, do I still support BLE? Which one, the google version or the pre-google version?

This question is speculative, all the "facts" I've listed above maybe wrong... I'm just laying out what I think I know.

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
So I have a question. The hardware of the One S supports BT4.0 w/BLE. In the world pre-4.4 (or was it 4.3) each manufacturer had there own implementation of BLE(if you can't use an "always syncing" fitbit on a device this is likely the reason), Google consolidated it to a standard api (or at least this is what I've been reading), What does that mean for the One S on CM11, do I still support BLE? Which one, the google version or the pre-google version?

This question is speculative, all the "facts" I've listed above maybe wrong... I'm just laying out what I think I know.

My understanding is that they replaced the bluetooth stack in JB (4.2?) which broke a bunch of stuff including BLE. 4.3 mostly fixed it and brought BLE back. I believe we are using the straight AOSP bluetooth stack which should have working BLE...maybe go to a store and try out your device before buying?

EDIT...this article seems to match my recollection

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/1...-still-suffer-from-assorted-bluetooth-issues/

Last edited:
Reactions: blinksilver

blinksilver

Sep 23, 2007
My understanding is that they replaced the bluetooth stack in JB (4.2?) which broke a bunch of stuff including BLE. 4.3 mostly fixed it and brought BLE back. I believe we are using the straight AOSP bluetooth stack which should have working BLE...maybe go to a store and try out your device before buying?

EDIT...this article seems to match my recollection

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/1...-still-suffer-from-assorted-bluetooth-issues/

Thanks, that's music to my ears. I just bought a second battery for the One S and fitness watch. I decided I'm double down on the one S until Denver+1440p devices hit the market and then realized that I had no idea what the BLE sitch was. Hopefully I dodged a bullet.

The Setlaz

Jan 6, 2010
I actually haven't had one in a week or more...

Was running very smoothly yesterday evening. After a night of charging, BSODs all the way...
Although, I nailed it down. It's all about the lockscreen:
1. Wake-up on portrait > fine
2. Wake-up on landscape > BSOD
3. Wake-up on portrait + rotate > Freeze

I could reproduce that consistently in a dozen of experiment this morning.
Maybe I should have started by this: all the BSOD / freeze occurs on wake-up / Lock screen rotation... Never during normal usage.

Have to go back to 19/01. :crying:

@intervigil: is it known bug or something ?

EDIT: I uninstalled Apex Launcher just in case, but issue still here.

EDIT2: and from my experiments, the sliding black-screen after pattern/PIN unlock was still present.

Last edited:
Reactions: thiasB

Dverez

Jun 4, 2012
Was running very smoothly yesterday evening. After a night of charging, BSODs all the way...
Although, I nailed it down. It's all about the lockscreen:
1. Wake-up on portrait > fine
2. Wake-up on landscape > BSOD
3. Wake-up on portrait + rotate > Freeze

I could reproduce that consistently in a dozen of experiment this morning.
Maybe I should have started by this: all the BSOD / freeze occurs on wake-up / Lock screen rotation... Never during normal usage.

Have to go back to 19/01. :crying:

@intervigil: is it known bug or something ?

EDIT: I uninstall Apex Launcher just in case, but issue still here.

I haven`t got that... (Google Now Launcher).

The Setlaz

Jan 6, 2010
Me either, with Nova or GEL. Does it do it with no lockscreen or with the swipe lockscreen?

With no Lockscreen, it's all fine, rock-stable !
If I put any lockscreen, it fails, following exactly what I mentionned earlier.

EDIT: and by the way, it just doesn't happen on 19/01. So I'd say it's more a ROM problem... but that's strange that I'd be the only one affect ?

Last edited:

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
With no Lockscreen, it's all fine, rock-stable !
If I put any lockscreen, it fails, following exactly what I mentionned earlier.

EDIT: and by the way, it just doesn't happen on 19/01. So I'd say it's more a ROM problem... but that's strange that I'd be the only one affect ?

Perhaps try disabling camera and widget support (which I have done) and see if it still does it...

The Setlaz

Jan 6, 2010
Yeah...it's just you then :p I guess you could pull a log while this is occurring and maybe Intervigil can give you a better idea what's going on.

I'm trying to pull out a logcat... Let me manage to make the bug happenning again !!
(I reproduced it when I put the lockscreen back up...rebooted, started the logcat... got it, forgot to save... reboot... and the bug is gone since >.< )

EDIT1: Okay, here is the logcat for the black-screen sliding after unlock with pattern/PIN : http://pastebin.com/f4uwErFR
I was running Opera mini when I get into sleep.
Funky stuff starts line 114-115 then huge stuff line 131 to 250...
And then line 329 - 332 where it should get back to Opera but instead kind of exit and get back to Homescreen.

EDIT2: Okay, after a reboot, the bug got back, here is the logcat : http://pastebin.com/XBR7xYBS
It's pretty straightforward: it detects the screen orientation change on line 29. Reckon Window freeze timeout on line 55, try to clear orientation line 59.. App Freeze on line 71... and then, I pressed power button and wait for hard reset. One thing that strikes me here is the "Switching descriptor 32 to /dev/null" line 40...

EDIT3: And here is the logcat when the rotation is performed withtout bug: http://pastebin.com/HyHqEDiK
Lot of stuff gets updated... But they look pretty different...

Last edited:

thiasB

Nov 16, 2009
Berlin
So, as a workaround I built myself a kernel with accessory detection disabled. I can boot the zImage just fine, but i can't flash it with fastboot flash zimage (permission denied)

I also tried to build a boot.img, using the current nightly as a base for unmkbootimg and mkbootimg

Code:
mkbootimg --kernel arc/arm/boot/zImage --ramdisk initramfs.cpio.gz --base 0x80400000 --cmdline 'console=ttyHSL0,115200,n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom' -o new_boot.img

unfortunately, this just leads to a boot loop :( any advice?

I really liked that kernel as it didn't crash apps in foreground (e.g. Ingress) every time the phone was plugged into or removed from car dock. I'm now back to stock kernel due to flashing a recent nightly and I miss that very much. Any chance to get this issue solved? @eabinsan @intervigil

eabinsan

Sep 24, 2009
I really liked that kernel as it didn't crash apps in foreground (e.g. Ingress) every time the phone was plugged into or removed from car dock. I'm now back to stock kernel due to flashing a recent nightly and I miss that very much. Any chance to get this issue solved? @eabinsan @intervigil
unfortunately I don't have much time currently, so i'm still using the old kernel myself. Is there any reason you upgraded the kernel as well? Because otherwise you can simply flash the old kernel over the new CM build. It should work just fine.

Reactions: thiasB

thiasB

Nov 16, 2009
Berlin
unfortunately I don't have much time currently, so i'm still using the old kernel myself. Is there any reason you upgraded the kernel as well? Because otherwise you can simply flash the old kernel over the new CM build. It should work just fine.

Thank you for fast reply. I'll definitely reflash that kernel and hope to not leave out improvements from the many kernel_8960 commits lately.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod 11 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.3 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Index:
    1st Post: Official Nightlies for HBOOT 2.15
    2nd Post: Unofficial Builds for HBOOT 2.16
    3rd Post: Changelog

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    • Download or Build from Source
    • Download Gapps
    • Wipe Data
    • Flash ROM in Recovery
    • Flash Gapps in Recovery
    • Incase you don't have S-OFF, fastboot flash boot boot.img

Not Working:
    • You tell me

Downloads (HBOOT 2.15):
    Official Nightly Builds HBOOT 2.15 Only.
    Google Apps

Recovery (HBOOT 2.15):
    Beginning with nightly 20140501, several HTC devices are being transitioned to a new fstab layout. This will not affect your data. This change requires kernel support in recovery for CyanogenMod packages to install. Your current recovery is almost guaranteed to not support this change, yet... welcome to bleeding edge!
    Please read THIS
    TWRP | Mirror

Credits:
    intervigil, h8rift, xkonni, toastcfh, deck, rohan32, flemmard and all the HTC-MSM8960 Team Members.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
    RockR172, intervigil
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Hboot 2.15.xx, S-OFF, Unlocked Bootloader, Custom Recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-11-15
    Last Updated 2014-06-09
    CyanogenMod 11 for HBOOT 2.16

CyanogenMod 11 is now available for HBOOT 2.16

NOTICE: Due to lack of free time and also not owning an HTC One S anymore, I can no longer compile builds for HBOOT 2.16.
    Worry not, @cikoleko does Nightly builds for HBOOT 2.16 which can be found HERE
    Changelog:

Latest, more accurate Changelog for Nightlies/Unofficial Builds can now be found HERE.

cm-11-20131207-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Android 4.4.1

cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip

cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Hardware Button Configuration is now back

cm-11-20131129-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source

cm-11-20131125-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source - New boot animation and more stuff!

cm-11-20131122-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM source - Re-introduces Quick Settings and Notification drawer settings
    • Other misc changes to device and kernel sources
    • AOSP release 4.4_r1.2 KRT16S

cm-11-20131119-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Can now be flashed on regular recoveries like TWRP
    • Cherry picked new Audio patches
    • Latest CM source

cm-11-20131117-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Camera App now actually works
    • Some other fixes

cm-11-20131116-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Audio Fixed
    • Bluetooth Works
    • Video Playback

cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • First Release
    • Fixed SD Card
    • Fixed WiFi
    Okay, with a heavy heart I have to say that I can no longer do builds for hboot 2.16.
    I have too much college work, assignments, practicals n stuff and can't afford to spend time compiling builds in Linux.. :(
    I did try to do builds past few days, but couldn't..
    My advice is, downgrade your hboot to 2.15 and get daily official builds from CyanogenMod. It is not really that difficult/scary to downgrade. I have done it a couple of times when i wanted to test my hboot 2.16 builds when i was on hboot 2.15.
    Also, if anyone wants to do builds for 2.16 feel free to post it in the thread..
    Sorry guys, I tried my best. :)
    Big ups to intervigil and rest of the CM team, you guys rock! \o/ \m/
    Not sure I said that exactly, but I think that support for our device is definitely a low priority since our maintainer was hired by CM and likely spends most of his time on tasks that bring in revenue. As it stands now, it doesn't seem we will ever get a stable release, so will be stuck here in xda purgatory complaining back and forth about the same things until we can afford to get a pure AOSP device and give up the crack flashing life.

It's kind of disheartening to see so many people ascribe so many shady ulterior motives to the company (we have no plans for world domination, and it really is discouraging to see so many people knee-jerk react negatively), but ville support hasn't been so great lately, so I figure I owe you an explanation.
    CM Inc is my day job, device support mostly remains a side project for me. The company and open source organization (which are two separate things) has little to do with deciding which devices get support, and to what degree. Device maintainers are largely responsible for the kernels and device trees that actually determine how well most of the device hardware is supported.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone