[ROM][4.4.3] CyanogenMod 11 for HTC One S

Search This thread

ATSPerson

Sep 16, 2012
Leigh-on-Sea
I'll second that. I tried CM12 on a whim when it first appeared just over a week ago, thinking I'd soon restore my phone to the M12 ROM I was running l, but it ran so much more smoothly than CM11 I didn't bother. Everything I need is functional.

Sent from my HTC One S
hboot: 2.15
radio 35a.32.45.27

fusk

Nov 9, 2010
Århus
I have the same thing with 4.4.4, no reboots, fast and stable. And everything works. I'm not doubting that his build doesn't run smooth. But there's quite a few items not related to smoothness that doesn't work/bugged. I don't mind waiting a bit for the worst bugs to get cleared out. CM11 is rock solid, so i'm ok with that for while more.

mikronac.ns

Apr 25, 2012
Novi Sad
I have the same thing with 4.4.4, no reboots, fast and stable. And everything works. I'm not doubting that his build doesn't run smooth. But there's quite a few items not related to smoothness that doesn't work/bugged. I don't mind waiting a bit for the worst bugs to get cleared out. CM11 is rock solid, so i'm ok with that for while more.

How it can be rock solid if we have random reboots?

Sent from my One S using XDA Free mobile app

ATSPerson

Sep 16, 2012
Leigh-on-Sea
Again I agree. I had many random reboots on CM11. The phone was laggy and sometimes unresponsive. CM12 is really so much better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Sigma47

Feb 10, 2008
MPLS
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Sometimes the phone reboot... Any other with the sale problem?

Yeah, I'm having reboots too. New to this device (just inherited it), i'm rollin Hboot 2.15 with s-off. Anybody solve this? Are there builds that are less likely to have reboots and other drawbacks? Just looking for something stable from the KK era while LL gets worked out.... thanks in advance.

ATSPerson

Sep 16, 2012
Leigh-on-Sea
Honestly, the Unofficial CM12 ROM is running much better than any KK ROM I tried. All the CM11 based ROMs have random reboot issues. But if you really want KK the smoothest I tried was Liquid Smooth but like anything in life YMMV.

Reactions: Sigma47

Sigma47

Feb 10, 2008
MPLS
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Random Reboots

Been rolling this for a few weeks now. First the snapshot then a recent nightly. Both installed from clean wipes. My consensus is that the ROM is unstable for broad spectrum daily use. Phone has rebooted while trying to show friends photos in gallery, while trying to take photos, while driving and using nav, and while talking. I use my phone everyday in the car on BT to listen to tunes, nav, talk etc and I know that this tests most of the ROMs features so it may work for your needs if you don't use all of these features.

Dharkan

Sep 16, 2012
İstanbul
Guys I have a problem

I forgot installing clockwork recovery before I started now I can't go to recovery or reboot my phone

What should I do?

kdd998

May 19, 2014
Rennes
Try to hold power during more than 10 seconds. It should either reboot or shutdown.
Then hold volume down during the reboot (or power on) and you should get into bootloader. From there you'll be able to flash a recovery (fastboot flash recvovery <filename>).

Don't panic if it doesn't work the fist time, I often need to try 2 or 3 times as the volume down button is kind of bad.

Dharkan

Sep 16, 2012
İstanbul
Try to hold power during more than 10 seconds. It should either reboot or shutdown.
Then hold volume down during the reboot (or power on) and you should get into bootloader. From there you'll be able to flash a recovery (fastboot flash recvovery <filename>).

Don't panic if it doesn't work the fist time, I often need to try 2 or 3 times as the volume down button is kind of bad.

I can't do it, I chose recovery on bootloader but phone tried to boot, nothing happened only a red exclamation mark picture came up.

kdd998

May 19, 2014
Rennes

ungraphic

Aug 31, 2011
Toronto
My earbuds microphone wont work during calls...I'm running the latest nightly, anyone experiencing this? I have to unplug them every time I receive a call...other than that... everything's working flawlessly

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk

That's the second time someone has reported this.

Try cleaning the plug and blowing out the port

I'm having the SAME problem. I'm on a nightly release; 11-20150105. However, it does *sometimes* work as normal, but the fix for it now is to unplug and plug back in a couple or more times and then it finally kicks in. What I've noticed is that the volume in the headphones is also a little lower when the microphone isn't working.

Could a different radio or kernel help? I'm currently on 1.15.50.05.29_10.30.50.08U. Kernel is 3.4.82-g0129413. It's really unfortunate because I use a single in-ear headphone and mic when in the car ('hands free'), so this gets used a LOT as I do 160km every day. Other than that, the ROM is absolutely flawless, nothing else seems to be faulty, no random reboots, nothing. It's basically 99.7% complete.

Last edited:

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
I'm having the SAME problem. I'm on a nightly release; 11-20150105. However, it does *sometimes* work as normal, but the fix for it now is to unplug and plug back in a couple or more times and then it finally kicks in. What I've noticed is that the volume in the headphones is also a little lower when the microphone isn't working.

Could a different radio or kernel help? I'm currently on 1.15.50.05.29_10.30.50.08U. Kernel is 3.4.82-g0129413. It's really unfortunate because I use a single in-ear headphone and mic when in the car ('hands free'), so this gets used a LOT as I do 160km every day. Other than that, the ROM is absolutely flawless, nothing else seems to be faulty, no random reboots, nothing. It's basically 99.7% complete.
For those having headset/headphone mic not working try the following:
- using a root file explorer (like the included CM file explorer or ES File Explorer), open the /system/build.prop file
- look for the following line: "persist.audio.handset.mic=digital" and change it to "persist.audio.handset.mic=analog" (change the bits in red)

It should work. Reason: for whatever cause, when an AOSP ROM is built, this line is included in build.prop. While this may work on majority of the phones, for Ville it seems not. The behavior if this is set to digital is distorted voice heard by other party or no sound at all, interruptions and so on. I had this issue on all AOSP ROMs so now I edit this line "by default" on any ROM after flashing (or you can edit the file in the ROM zip before flashing). It is valid for KK and LP as well

For the low volume issue there are some tweaks made by Darknites and others by me (they are in several threads like the CM12 thread or Candy5 thread). They're made for LP basically but I think the files are the same between KK and LP. Make a backup of the original file anyway.
All is about altering some values in a file called snd_soc_msm_2x located at /system/etc/snd_soc_msm. You cand extract this file from the phone and edit it on your PC with a txt editor like Notepad+. Look for some entries in the "Device section"(s), do not touch other sections. There are some headset, voice, headpone and so on device entries and each has it's own volume set, usually somewhere between 60-70. You can SLIGHTLY (and I MEAN SLIGHTLY) increase these values (try with 1 to 5 maximum) so if something is 60 make it 65. DO NOT increase these values too much as it can damage your headset or bring distorted sound if they cannot handle the volume.
NOTE: volume heard during Viber, Skype and similar calls it's set by altering the entries containing "VOIP" (Voice Over IP). Adjust them same way

Good luck...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod 11 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.3 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Index:
    1st Post: Official Nightlies for HBOOT 2.15
    2nd Post: Unofficial Builds for HBOOT 2.16
    3rd Post: Changelog

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    • Download or Build from Source
    • Download Gapps
    • Wipe Data
    • Flash ROM in Recovery
    • Flash Gapps in Recovery
    • Incase you don't have S-OFF, fastboot flash boot boot.img

Not Working:
    • You tell me

Downloads (HBOOT 2.15):
    Official Nightly Builds HBOOT 2.15 Only.
    Google Apps

Recovery (HBOOT 2.15):
    Beginning with nightly 20140501, several HTC devices are being transitioned to a new fstab layout. This will not affect your data. This change requires kernel support in recovery for CyanogenMod packages to install. Your current recovery is almost guaranteed to not support this change, yet... welcome to bleeding edge!
    Please read THIS
    TWRP | Mirror

Credits:
    intervigil, h8rift, xkonni, toastcfh, deck, rohan32, flemmard and all the HTC-MSM8960 Team Members.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
    RockR172, intervigil
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Hboot 2.15.xx, S-OFF, Unlocked Bootloader, Custom Recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-11-15
    Last Updated 2014-06-09
    CyanogenMod 11 for HBOOT 2.16

CyanogenMod 11 is now available for HBOOT 2.16

NOTICE: Due to lack of free time and also not owning an HTC One S anymore, I can no longer compile builds for HBOOT 2.16.
    Worry not, @cikoleko does Nightly builds for HBOOT 2.16 which can be found HERE
    Changelog:

Latest, more accurate Changelog for Nightlies/Unofficial Builds can now be found HERE.

cm-11-20131207-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Android 4.4.1

cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip

cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Hardware Button Configuration is now back

cm-11-20131129-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source

cm-11-20131125-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source - New boot animation and more stuff!

cm-11-20131122-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM source - Re-introduces Quick Settings and Notification drawer settings
    • Other misc changes to device and kernel sources
    • AOSP release 4.4_r1.2 KRT16S

cm-11-20131119-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Can now be flashed on regular recoveries like TWRP
    • Cherry picked new Audio patches
    • Latest CM source

cm-11-20131117-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Camera App now actually works
    • Some other fixes

cm-11-20131116-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Audio Fixed
    • Bluetooth Works
    • Video Playback

cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • First Release
    • Fixed SD Card
    • Fixed WiFi
    Okay, with a heavy heart I have to say that I can no longer do builds for hboot 2.16.
    I have too much college work, assignments, practicals n stuff and can't afford to spend time compiling builds in Linux.. :(
    I did try to do builds past few days, but couldn't..
    My advice is, downgrade your hboot to 2.15 and get daily official builds from CyanogenMod. It is not really that difficult/scary to downgrade. I have done it a couple of times when i wanted to test my hboot 2.16 builds when i was on hboot 2.15.
    Also, if anyone wants to do builds for 2.16 feel free to post it in the thread..
    Sorry guys, I tried my best. :)
    Big ups to intervigil and rest of the CM team, you guys rock! \o/ \m/
    Not sure I said that exactly, but I think that support for our device is definitely a low priority since our maintainer was hired by CM and likely spends most of his time on tasks that bring in revenue. As it stands now, it doesn't seem we will ever get a stable release, so will be stuck here in xda purgatory complaining back and forth about the same things until we can afford to get a pure AOSP device and give up the crack flashing life.

It's kind of disheartening to see so many people ascribe so many shady ulterior motives to the company (we have no plans for world domination, and it really is discouraging to see so many people knee-jerk react negatively), but ville support hasn't been so great lately, so I figure I owe you an explanation.
    CM Inc is my day job, device support mostly remains a side project for me. The company and open source organization (which are two separate things) has little to do with deciding which devices get support, and to what degree. Device maintainers are largely responsible for the kernels and device trees that actually determine how well most of the device hardware is supported.