[ROM][4.4.3] CyanogenMod 11 for HTC One S

Search This thread

ungraphic

Aug 31, 2011
Toronto
For those having headset/headphone mic not working try the following:
- using a root file explorer (like the included CM file explorer or ES File Explorer), open the /system/build.prop file
- look for the following line: "persist.audio.handset.mic=digital" and change it to "persist.audio.handset.mic=analog" (change the bits in red)

It should work. Reason: for whatever cause, when an AOSP ROM is built, this line is included in build.prop. While this may work on majority of the phones, for Ville it seems not. The behavior if this is set to digital is distorted voice heard by other party or no sound at all, interruptions and so on. I had this issue on all AOSP ROMs so now I edit this line "by default" on any ROM after flashing (or you can edit the file in the ROM zip before flashing). It is valid for KK and LP as well

For the low volume issue there are some tweaks made by Darknites and others by me (they are in several threads like the CM12 thread or Candy5 thread). They're made for LP basically but I think the files are the same between KK and LP. Make a backup of the original file anyway.
All is about altering some values in a file called snd_soc_msm_2x located at /system/etc/snd_soc_msm. You cand extract this file from the phone and edit it on your PC with a txt editor like Notepad+. Look for some entries in the "Device section"(s), do not touch other sections. There are some headset, voice, headpone and so on device entries and each has it's own volume set, usually somewhere between 60-70. You can SLIGHTLY (and I MEAN SLIGHTLY) increase these values (try with 1 to 5 maximum) so if something is 60 make it 65. DO NOT increase these values too much as it can damage your headset or bring distorted sound if they cannot handle the volume.
NOTE: volume heard during Viber, Skype and similar calls it's set by altering the entries containing "VOIP" (Voice Over IP). Adjust them same way

Good luck...

THANK YOU!!!

I made the edit to the file you pointed out from digital to analog. I've made 4 calls today and every single one was flawless. The volume for me is not an issue (its loud enough plus I've already got tinnitus), so I'll leave that be for now. I'll try to post in a few days again with further results to see that the change sticks (4 calls could have been flukes, but it looks like its working great so far).

Thanks again :D

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
THANK YOU!!!

I made the edit to the file you pointed out from digital to analog. I've made 4 calls today and every single one was flawless. The volume for me is not an issue (its loud enough plus I've already got tinnitus), so I'll leave that be for now. I'll try to post in a few days again with further results to see that the change sticks (4 calls could have been flukes, but it looks like its working great so far).

It should be ok. I never had this issue again after editing that line. Just remember to edit it every time after you flash a ROM

Sent from nowhere over the air...

ungraphic

Aug 31, 2011
Toronto
THANK YOU!!!

Update:

It's been sometime and the modification has definitely fixed the microphone issue in the headphones cord. Overall, the phone is pretty stable, i get odd reboots here and there but nothing major. I've yet to address the volume fix, its still not a major problem for me.

Thanks again :)

schlaam

Nov 12, 2009
cm-11-20150105-NIGHTLY-ville.zip download link is not working and I could not find any mirrors. Can someone post a link to the latest CM 11?

Thanks!

ungraphic

Aug 31, 2011
Toronto
Does anyone have the last official nightly release of CM11 for the HTC One S? My latest one is CM11-20150105 and I can only find CM12 roms to download.

Any help?

Forage

May 18, 2012
Does anyone have the last official nightly release of CM11 for the HTC One S? My latest one is CM11-20150105 and I can only find CM12 roms to download.
I'm stuck with the exact same problem. All cm-11 nightlies have disappeared by now and I'm looking for some fixes after M12. The plan was to still have at least a weekly cm-11 until a cm-12.x milestone or even a cm-11 M13 but it doesn't appear to be happening.
I would love to get my hand on a build after 2015-01-11.

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
I'm stuck with the exact same problem. All cm-11 nightlies have disappeared by now and I'm looking for some fixes after M12. The plan was to still have at least a weekly cm-11 until a cm-12.x milestone or even a cm-11 M13 but it doesn't appear to be happening.
Development for ville has moved to CM12.1 and there are no longer builds for CM11. Probably the old ones have been removed as they were taking up space

F-L-Y-E-R

Jan 15, 2011
London

Just go two posts above and you will find a link for 01-19 build...

F-L-Y-E-R

Jan 15, 2011
London
"Official" was the key part in the initial request. There's too many builds floating around in which people make changes with their own preferences again.
This looks like just another custom build again.

It makes no sense what you are saying, if the latest build on CM webpage is 01-15 or something why are you asking for a newer "official" build?
"official" means that it was build by CyanogenMod buildbot... I can sync the source, make no changes, build it and it will be exactly the same as you get from CM page but it will say "unofficial" because I built it on my PC... It doesn't mean that it's a custom build, for example I make builds for HBOOT 2.16 and I do not add anything on top I just cherry pick the commit which makes the ROM compatible on HBOOT 2.16 and that cherry pick is not custom made by someone it's actually made by CyanogenMod team. Obviously if you don't want to install a ROM that was uploaded by a random person it's a different story...

Last edited:

Forage

May 18, 2012
It makes no sense what you are saying, if the latest build on CM webpage is 01-15 or something why are you asking for a newer "official" build?
"official" means that it was build by CyanogenMod buildbot... I can sync the source, make no changes, build it and it will be exactly the same as you get from CM page but it will say "unofficial" because I built it on my PC... It doesn't mean that it's a custom build, for example I make builds for HBOOT 2.16 and I do not add anything on top I just cherry pick the commit which makes the ROM compatible on HBOOT 2.16 and that cherry pick is not custom made by someone it's actually made by CyanogenMod team. Obviously if you don't want to install a ROM that was uploaded by a random person it's a different story...
It makes perfect sense to me.

For the date: I'm still on M12. Fixes have been added after 2015-01-11 which I need in order to have a better functioning phone again. Hence the search for a build based on the sources of 2015-01-11 or later.

As for the "official" build: yes, that build might be a clean build based on the CM sources, but there's no way to be sure. You can't tell that based on a file name. It wasn't even a build by the one who posted the link here. That one might include changes I don't want for all I know. I can't trust it so I prefer a CM build by CM.

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
... I can't trust it so I prefer a CM build by CM.
There's no such thing. This is what FLYER was trying to explain you. After that date, CM buildbot has stopped building CM11. So only builds you can get are the ones build from source by someone. If you don't trust such builds your only alternative is to build them yourself

Sent from nowhere over the air....

Forage

May 18, 2012
There's no such thing. This is what FLYER was trying to explain you. After that date, CM buildbot has stopped building CM11. So only builds you can get are the ones build from source by someone. If you don't trust such builds your only alternative is to build them yourself.
After what date? He did not mention any exact date as far as I can tell. He only used 1-15 as an example the way I read it. I do not know when the nightlies stopped, when the last one was build. Judged by http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/the-l-is-for-lollipop it could very well be 1-5 but it also talks about "we are also moving CM11 builds to a weekly status (every Sunday)" and I can't tell if that ever happened because not a single cm-11 nightly can be found any more.

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
After what date? He did not mention any exact date as far as I can tell. He only used 1-15 as an example the way I read it. I do not know when the nightlies stopped, when the last one was build. Judged by http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/the-l-is-for-lollipop it could very well be 1-5 but it also talks about "we are also moving CM11 builds to a weekly status (every Sunday)" and I can't tell if that ever happened because not a single cm-11 nightly can be found any more.
I'm on mobile right now so search is a pain...but in the CM12 dev thread it's a post about the start of official cm12 nightlies. Since then, cm11 was not build anymore by cm. You could also look for the first cm12 nightly if it's still available. Anything prior to that date was cm11

Sent from nowhere over the air....

Audioffensive

Oct 8, 2013
Apeldoorn
It makes perfect sense to me.

For the date: I'm still on M12. Fixes have been added after 2015-01-11 which I need in order to have a better functioning phone again. Hence the search for a build based on the sources of 2015-01-11 or later.

As for the "official" build: yes, that build might be a clean build based on the CM sources, but there's no way to be sure. You can't tell that based on a file name. It wasn't even a build by the one who posted the link here. That one might include changes I don't want for all I know. I can't trust it so I prefer a CM build by CM.

Why not just try a cm12 or other custom rom? I build Cyanide and is damn close to flawless. I don't really get the " I can't trust it" part. If you want a rom you can "trust" revert to stock.

Sent from my One S using XDA Free mobile app

Forage

May 18, 2012
And why is that a bad thing?
Because you don't know what changes were included, by who and how stable they are? That doesn't say the build IS bad, but it CAN be.

I don't really get why I have to justify myself this much for just a simple request. A clean late build of cm-11. Personal preferences, paranoia, whatever reason, does that really matter? If someone has it: great! If no one has it: bad luck. That's it, no harm done, time to move on.
You might not have any objections to a random build, fine, that's up to you.

The fact that I mentioned my findings in this thread is to inform others who might go download the build. They might have similar objections. At least now they can decide for themselves knowing what kind of build it is.

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
Because you don't know what changes were included, by who and how stable they are? That doesn't say the build IS bad, but it CAN be.

I don't really get why I have to justify myself this much for just a simple request. A clean late build of cm-11. Personal preferences, paranoia, whatever reason, does that really matter? If someone has it: great! If no one has it: bad luck. That's it, no harm done, time to move on.
You might not have any objections to a random build, fine, that's up to you.

The fact that I mentioned my findings in this thread is to inform others who might go download the build. They might have similar objections. At least now they can decide for themselves knowing what kind of build it is.
I could name a dozen of changes that broke our builds during the time, changes that were included by official CM team. So those builds can be bad as well, they're nightlies. People here just tried to help you, giving what they have. If you're not trusting or not willing to flash those builds, as you say...bad luck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod 11 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.3 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Index:
    1st Post: Official Nightlies for HBOOT 2.15
    2nd Post: Unofficial Builds for HBOOT 2.16
    3rd Post: Changelog

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    • Download or Build from Source
    • Download Gapps
    • Wipe Data
    • Flash ROM in Recovery
    • Flash Gapps in Recovery
    • Incase you don't have S-OFF, fastboot flash boot boot.img

Not Working:
    • You tell me

Downloads (HBOOT 2.15):
    Official Nightly Builds HBOOT 2.15 Only.
    Google Apps

Recovery (HBOOT 2.15):
    Beginning with nightly 20140501, several HTC devices are being transitioned to a new fstab layout. This will not affect your data. This change requires kernel support in recovery for CyanogenMod packages to install. Your current recovery is almost guaranteed to not support this change, yet... welcome to bleeding edge!
    Please read THIS
    TWRP | Mirror

Credits:
    intervigil, h8rift, xkonni, toastcfh, deck, rohan32, flemmard and all the HTC-MSM8960 Team Members.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
    RockR172, intervigil
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Hboot 2.15.xx, S-OFF, Unlocked Bootloader, Custom Recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-11-15
    Last Updated 2014-06-09
    CyanogenMod 11 for HBOOT 2.16

CyanogenMod 11 is now available for HBOOT 2.16

NOTICE: Due to lack of free time and also not owning an HTC One S anymore, I can no longer compile builds for HBOOT 2.16.
    Worry not, @cikoleko does Nightly builds for HBOOT 2.16 which can be found HERE
    Changelog:

Latest, more accurate Changelog for Nightlies/Unofficial Builds can now be found HERE.

cm-11-20131207-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Android 4.4.1

cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip

cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Hardware Button Configuration is now back

cm-11-20131129-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source

cm-11-20131125-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source - New boot animation and more stuff!

cm-11-20131122-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM source - Re-introduces Quick Settings and Notification drawer settings
    • Other misc changes to device and kernel sources
    • AOSP release 4.4_r1.2 KRT16S

cm-11-20131119-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Can now be flashed on regular recoveries like TWRP
    • Cherry picked new Audio patches
    • Latest CM source

cm-11-20131117-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Camera App now actually works
    • Some other fixes

cm-11-20131116-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Audio Fixed
    • Bluetooth Works
    • Video Playback

cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • First Release
    • Fixed SD Card
    • Fixed WiFi
    Okay, with a heavy heart I have to say that I can no longer do builds for hboot 2.16.
    I have too much college work, assignments, practicals n stuff and can't afford to spend time compiling builds in Linux.. :(
    I did try to do builds past few days, but couldn't..
    My advice is, downgrade your hboot to 2.15 and get daily official builds from CyanogenMod. It is not really that difficult/scary to downgrade. I have done it a couple of times when i wanted to test my hboot 2.16 builds when i was on hboot 2.15.
    Also, if anyone wants to do builds for 2.16 feel free to post it in the thread..
    Sorry guys, I tried my best. :)
    Big ups to intervigil and rest of the CM team, you guys rock! \o/ \m/
    Not sure I said that exactly, but I think that support for our device is definitely a low priority since our maintainer was hired by CM and likely spends most of his time on tasks that bring in revenue. As it stands now, it doesn't seem we will ever get a stable release, so will be stuck here in xda purgatory complaining back and forth about the same things until we can afford to get a pure AOSP device and give up the crack flashing life.

It's kind of disheartening to see so many people ascribe so many shady ulterior motives to the company (we have no plans for world domination, and it really is discouraging to see so many people knee-jerk react negatively), but ville support hasn't been so great lately, so I figure I owe you an explanation.
    CM Inc is my day job, device support mostly remains a side project for me. The company and open source organization (which are two separate things) has little to do with deciding which devices get support, and to what degree. Device maintainers are largely responsible for the kernels and device trees that actually determine how well most of the device hardware is supported.