[ROM][4.4.3] CyanogenMod 11 for HTC One S

Search This thread

Forage81

May 18, 2012
And why is that a bad thing?
Because you don't know what changes were included, by who and how stable they are? That doesn't say the build IS bad, but it CAN be.

I don't really get why I have to justify myself this much for just a simple request. A clean late build of cm-11. Personal preferences, paranoia, whatever reason, does that really matter? If someone has it: great! If no one has it: bad luck. That's it, no harm done, time to move on.
You might not have any objections to a random build, fine, that's up to you.

The fact that I mentioned my findings in this thread is to inform others who might go download the build. They might have similar objections. At least now they can decide for themselves knowing what kind of build it is.

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2008
Bucharest
Because you don't know what changes were included, by who and how stable they are? That doesn't say the build IS bad, but it CAN be.

I don't really get why I have to justify myself this much for just a simple request. A clean late build of cm-11. Personal preferences, paranoia, whatever reason, does that really matter? If someone has it: great! If no one has it: bad luck. That's it, no harm done, time to move on.

The fact that I mentioned my findings in this thread is to inform others who might go download the build. They might have similar objections. At least now they can decide for themselves knowing what kind of build it is.
I could name a dozen of changes that broke our builds during the time, changes that were included by official CM team. So those builds can be bad as well, they're nightlies. People here just tried to help you, giving what they have. If you're not trusting or not willing to flash those builds, as you say...bad luck

Audioffensive

Oct 8, 2013
Apeldoorn

And i don't get why you are wining about official. Official only means it's build by CM but gives no warranty whatsoever.

If you want official go back to stock.

Sent from my One S using XDA Free mobile app

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011

You justifying because you been given what you wanted but that's not good enough so you come up with silly reasons to not use it.

Forage81

May 18, 2012
And i don't get why you are wining about official. Official only means it's build by CM but gives no warranty whatsoever.
We determined there wasn't an official build of what I was after, I didn't know that at first. From that point on it was about a clean build.
I already told you I was going to use the provided build a long time ago due to the lack of a better alternative. Despite that it was you who wanted additional clarifications as to why random builds could be a problem. Don't go counting that as me continuing to whine about the initial request.

You justifying because you been given what you wanted but that's not good enough so you come up with silly reasons to not use it.
That's just plain nonsense. If the provided build was what I wanted I wouldn't have a reason to come up with excuses not to use it.

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
We determined there wasn't an official build of what I was after, I didn't know that at first. From that point on it was about a clean build.
I already told you I was going to use the provided build a long time ago due to the lack of a better alternative. Despite that it was you who wanted additional clarifications as to why random builds could be a problem. Don't go counting that as me continuing to whine about the initial request.

That's just plain nonsense. If the provided build was what I wanted I wouldn't have a reason to come up with excuses not to use it.
Then it looks like you stuck in the past or you could update to cm12.1 like a normal person.

FalconFour

Oct 28, 2008
San Jose
Then it looks like you stuck in the past or you could update to cm12.1 like a normal person.

Maybe we don't freakin' want Android 5?

I know I don't. The One S is old, and jimmying the latest and greatest OS, designed for today's octo-core beast phones, into an old device with a dual core CPU with limited RAM is sure to cause more problems than it solves.

I'm using CM11 snapshot M12 (the only one available to download since CM packages aren't sorted by CM version) on my One S, and I came here to see if people are having issues:
- waking the phone: 2-4 second wake lag, which also buffers power-button presses and often leaves me nearly snapping my phone in half trying to turn it on as it immediately shuts the screen back off due to buffered presses.
- remembering WiFi APs: at least once a day, all my WiFi networks are completely forgotten. I go to work, I have to reassociate it. I go home, I have to reassociate it. It seems like it happens when the phone is "unclean" shut-down, e.g. a crash reboot or a low battery. This is after clearing /data/misc/wifi multiple times to try to resolve it.
- SoftAP/WiFi internet sharing doesn't work: Turn on ICS, it shuts back off instantly and re-enables WiFi. No error. Just "nope".

Is it so much to ask for a "most stable version" of CyanogenMod 11 before everyone jumps head-first into shoehorning Android 5 into this old thing? I just want a phone that works - and the STOCK ROM is TOO OLD to work with! Software and devices (e.g. Android Wear, Seek Thermal, various other accessories) just don't work with an ancient OS like that.

F-L-Y-E-R

Jan 15, 2011
London
I just want a phone that works - and the STOCK ROM is TOO OLD to work with!

I guess it's time to get a new phone then...
Issues you have listed have been present for more than a year, so if they have note been fixed I don't think that latest 10 commits for CM11 will fix them. Also there's been over 6 months since CM released lollipop and lately I haven't seen people massively reporting any major issues so again if you are not happy with something try CM12.1 or get a new phone.

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
Maybe we don't freakin' want Android 5?

I know I don't. The One S is old, and jimmying the latest and greatest OS, designed for today's octo-core beast phones, into an old device with a dual core CPU with limited RAM is sure to cause more problems than it solves.

I'm using CM11 snapshot M12 (the only one available to download since CM packages aren't sorted by CM version) on my One S, and I came here to see if people are having issues:
- waking the phone: 2-4 second wake lag, which also buffers power-button presses and often leaves me nearly snapping my phone in half trying to turn it on as it immediately shuts the screen back off due to buffered presses.
- remembering WiFi APs: at least once a day, all my WiFi networks are completely forgotten. I go to work, I have to reassociate it. I go home, I have to reassociate it. It seems like it happens when the phone is "unclean" shut-down, e.g. a crash reboot or a low battery. This is after clearing /data/misc/wifi multiple times to try to resolve it.
- SoftAP/WiFi internet sharing doesn't work: Turn on ICS, it shuts back off instantly and re-enables WiFi. No error. Just "nope".

Is it so much to ask for a "most stable version" of CyanogenMod 11 before everyone jumps head-first into shoehorning Android 5 into this old thing? I just want a phone that works - and the STOCK ROM is TOO OLD to work with! Software and devices (e.g. Android Wear, Seek Thermal, various other accessories) just don't work with an ancient OS like that.

Em why wouldn't you want to have LP? It runs great even better than kk does and isn't designed for pointless octo-core. Why not just try it and see if you still get all them issues.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

FalconFour

Oct 28, 2008
San Jose
All right... I've been on the fence about going to CM12.1. My One S is very much a contender for replacement, as it's got dead capacitive keys as well (the buttons don't light up, nor respond, so I have to use "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" in build.prop). But I still owe $70 on the dang thing through T-Mo... =P

What really concerned me, though, is that the latest "stable" CM for the Ville is CM10.2 running Android 4.3 - which is over a year and a half old now, and still not compatible with things requiring Android 4.4. So, CM11 got completely skipped over for a "stable" release or even a release candidate, leaving those of us looking for stable "daily drivers" out in the cold. I'd hoped that before CM12 becomes a focus, CM11 would get its final layer of polish, features frozen, bugs ironed out, and get put up for a stable version.

Ultimately, I've been happy with KitKat/4.4, and Lollipop/5.x has a lot of UI design that bugs the hell out of me (particularly the flat design elements, e.g. no outlines around buttons, missing visual cues, etc). That's kind of why I didn't want to be forced into a new phone or having to use CM12 for a stable phone. Also, how would I even know which nightly is likely most stable for a daily driver? I am totally not cool with wiping all my data and starting over (especially applying the build.prop tweak needed to make my phone work) every couple days when I find an issue that might be fixed in a new nightly... :/

I'll give it a go, though, since apparently CM11 is frozen on this thing. I just needed a ramble. ;)

benyto

Dec 3, 2013
@FalconFour

There hasn't been a CM release marked as "stable" for any target since 10.2. Cyanogenmod changed the way it handles releases. Now, instead of naming a release "stable", they treat the snapshot releases (for example, M12 and prior for CM11) as the new "ready for production" ROMs.

If you're waiting for Cyanogenmod to release something in the "stable" channel, you're going to be waiting for a really long time (read: possibly forever). This isn't just for our One S; it's for all targets.

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
All right... I've been on the fence about going to CM12.1. My One S is very much a contender for replacement, as it's got dead capacitive keys as well (the buttons don't light up, nor respond, so I have to use "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" in build.prop). But I still owe $70 on the dang thing through T-Mo... =P

What really concerned me, though, is that the latest "stable" CM for the Ville is CM10.2 running Android 4.3 - which is over a year and a half old now, and still not compatible with things requiring Android 4.4. So, CM11 got completely skipped over for a "stable" release or even a release candidate, leaving those of us looking for stable "daily drivers" out in the cold. I'd hoped that before CM12 becomes a focus, CM11 would get its final layer of polish, features frozen, bugs ironed out, and get put up for a stable version.

Ultimately, I've been happy with KitKat/4.4, and Lollipop/5.x has a lot of UI design that bugs the hell out of me (particularly the flat design elements, e.g. no outlines around buttons, missing visual cues, etc). That's kind of why I didn't want to be forced into a new phone or having to use CM12 for a stable phone. Also, how would I even know which nightly is likely most stable for a daily driver? I am totally not cool with wiping all my data and starting over (especially applying the build.prop tweak needed to make my phone work) every couple days when I find an issue that might be fixed in a new nightly... :/

I'll give it a go, though, since apparently CM11 is frozen on this thing. I just needed a ramble. ;)
Do a twrp backup and dirty flash since their is good chance it will work since you already on cm.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

Michael1986

Apr 9, 2015
Hi,
does anybody know, where i - now after CM is dead - can download the lates CM11 (hboot 2.15) rom? i need it to perform S-Off, as with my 12.1 Rom, which i currently have installed, its not possible to do s-off procedure due to only support for PIE files.
Please help.
Thank you!

Strikerr

Feb 25, 2017
Hi,
does anybody know, where i - now after CM is dead - can download the lates CM11 (hboot 2.15) rom? i need it to perform S-Off, as with my 12.1 Rom, which i currently have installed, its not possible to do s-off procedure due to only support for PIE files.
Please help.
Thank you!
Code:
ftp://    109.6.236.247/cm-11-20141112-SNAPSHOT-M12-ville.zip
OR
ftp://   46.35.23.30/cm-11-20141112-SNAPSHOT-M12-ville.zip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod 11 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.3 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Index:
    1st Post: Official Nightlies for HBOOT 2.15
    2nd Post: Unofficial Builds for HBOOT 2.16
    3rd Post: Changelog

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    • Download or Build from Source
    • Download Gapps
    • Wipe Data
    • Flash ROM in Recovery
    • Flash Gapps in Recovery
    • Incase you don't have S-OFF, fastboot flash boot boot.img

Not Working:
    • You tell me

Downloads (HBOOT 2.15):
    Official Nightly Builds HBOOT 2.15 Only.
    Google Apps

Recovery (HBOOT 2.15):
    Beginning with nightly 20140501, several HTC devices are being transitioned to a new fstab layout. This will not affect your data. This change requires kernel support in recovery for CyanogenMod packages to install. Your current recovery is almost guaranteed to not support this change, yet... welcome to bleeding edge!
    Please read THIS
    TWRP | Mirror

Credits:
    intervigil, h8rift, xkonni, toastcfh, deck, rohan32, flemmard and all the HTC-MSM8960 Team Members.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
    RockR172, intervigil
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Hboot 2.15.xx, S-OFF, Unlocked Bootloader, Custom Recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-11-15
    Last Updated 2014-06-09
    CyanogenMod 11 for HBOOT 2.16

CyanogenMod 11 is now available for HBOOT 2.16

NOTICE: Due to lack of free time and also not owning an HTC One S anymore, I can no longer compile builds for HBOOT 2.16.
    Worry not, @cikoleko does Nightly builds for HBOOT 2.16 which can be found HERE
    Changelog:

Latest, more accurate Changelog for Nightlies/Unofficial Builds can now be found HERE.

cm-11-20131207-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Android 4.4.1

cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip

cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Hardware Button Configuration is now back

cm-11-20131129-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source

cm-11-20131125-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source - New boot animation and more stuff!

cm-11-20131122-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM source - Re-introduces Quick Settings and Notification drawer settings
    • Other misc changes to device and kernel sources
    • AOSP release 4.4_r1.2 KRT16S

cm-11-20131119-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Can now be flashed on regular recoveries like TWRP
    • Cherry picked new Audio patches
    • Latest CM source

cm-11-20131117-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Camera App now actually works
    • Some other fixes

cm-11-20131116-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Audio Fixed
    • Bluetooth Works
    • Video Playback

cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • First Release
    • Fixed SD Card
    • Fixed WiFi
    Okay, with a heavy heart I have to say that I can no longer do builds for hboot 2.16.
    I have too much college work, assignments, practicals n stuff and can't afford to spend time compiling builds in Linux.. :(
    I did try to do builds past few days, but couldn't..
    My advice is, downgrade your hboot to 2.15 and get daily official builds from CyanogenMod. It is not really that difficult/scary to downgrade. I have done it a couple of times when i wanted to test my hboot 2.16 builds when i was on hboot 2.15.
    Also, if anyone wants to do builds for 2.16 feel free to post it in the thread..
    Sorry guys, I tried my best. :)
    Big ups to intervigil and rest of the CM team, you guys rock! \o/ \m/
    Not sure I said that exactly, but I think that support for our device is definitely a low priority since our maintainer was hired by CM and likely spends most of his time on tasks that bring in revenue. As it stands now, it doesn't seem we will ever get a stable release, so will be stuck here in xda purgatory complaining back and forth about the same things until we can afford to get a pure AOSP device and give up the crack flashing life.

It's kind of disheartening to see so many people ascribe so many shady ulterior motives to the company (we have no plans for world domination, and it really is discouraging to see so many people knee-jerk react negatively), but ville support hasn't been so great lately, so I figure I owe you an explanation.
    CM Inc is my day job, device support mostly remains a side project for me. The company and open source organization (which are two separate things) has little to do with deciding which devices get support, and to what degree. Device maintainers are largely responsible for the kernels and device trees that actually determine how well most of the device hardware is supported.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone