• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][4.4.4]10/24[CrossCompiled][CyanideMod-AOSPw/Sabermod -03 optimized]

Search This thread

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Android-KitKat.jpg

Official CyanideMod built with SABERMOD 4.8 Toolchain

What we have here is going to be CyanideMod 4.4.4 builds for your Galaxy Note 2 with the bonus of Sabermod toolchain. I will continue to add tweaks and change things but this will also be stay fairly current on rebasing with CyanogenMod source as well. This rom is LOADED with features and I will continue to add more features and tweaks. CLEAN install is recommended for your first time but dirty will be fine after that unless I notify you differently.

HOW TO INSTALL

Make sure you are on a KitKat compatible recovery
Download the zip
Download compatible Gapps
WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
Wipe Cache/Dalvic Cache
Flash the Rom
Flash Gapps
Reboot
Enjoy

Install from my previous build:
Download the zip
WIPE Cache
WIPE Dalvik Cache
Flash the ROM
Reboot

Current build:CyanideMod-V2

Downloads: Cyanidemod

Recommended GAPPS: GAPPS
(Others may work but I've only tested these)

I highly recommend using my Shift kernel as the kernel built with the rom is less than impressive
Custom kernel: Shift

Google Camera: Camera

Play Services Update: Play Services

SUPERSU:http://download.chainfire.eu/451/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.01.zip

Thanks goes out to: My tester @razen_kain. He tests on the S2 but I build the same ROM for both devices. I test the Note 2 versions

Also Entire CyanogenMod Team for making their source open and available to the public. Pretty damn awesome of them if you ask me.

Features: This has all CM11 features with added stuff as well and I will continue to add more. Lock torch glowpad, non intrusive calling, PIE control, color control, Navigation bar support and shortcut support and MUCH MUCH MORE. Developer options by defualt as well as the advanced reboot menu default. I know there is more but I can't think of it right now.I will update 2nd posts with screens and features

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

XDA:DevDB Information
Shifted CM11, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
rogersb11
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2014-09-17

Created 2014-09-07
Last Updated 2014-09-18

Last edited:

sockey

Jun 19, 2010
Tulsa
trying to allow installation of apps from unknown sources and the selection will not stick when I leave the screen and go back it is unchecked again. Anyone else?

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
trying to allow installation of apps from unknown sources and the selection will not stick when I leave the screen and go back it is unchecked again. Anyone else?

Due to failed attempt to make it checked default. HOWEVER if you enable it, it does work even if the check isn't sticking. I promise, I just tested it and installed earlier. Didn't realize the check didn't stick as it continued to work. Saw when you posted this. It's weird, but it's good. It'll get cleaned up

Reactions: sockey

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Will you be adding support for the galaxy gear 2 neo?

Tap, tap says the wicked Note +₩● ?

Well theoretically I could if it's cm11 supported but if it requires a different build and if this doesn't work I'm sure it would I'm not sure I'll have the time. Have 3 rom threads and 3 kernel threads as well. I could maybe get you a build sporadically but I build for devices have mainly so I can test everything first hand

Reactions: fatjoejr2001

fatjoejr2001

Oct 18, 2010
Brooklyn
Well theoretically I could if it's cm11 supported but if it requires a different build and if this doesn't work I'm sure it would I'm not sure I'll have the time. Have 3 rom threads and 3 kernel threads as well. I could maybe get you a build sporadically but I build for devices have mainly so I can test everything first hand

Whatever you can do, when you get a chance would be very much appreciated, but with everything as you mentioned, you're already doing I understand the low priority. Like I said if you get the chance it would be really cool. I know it needs Samsung apps, which in turn, comes with s health, gear manager, s voice exc. I'll just wait and hope. Great ROM nonetheless. :S :thumbup: :)

Tap, tap says the wicked Note +₩● ?

Last edited:

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
Flashed to give it a go, it's always nice to see new Roms pop up, considering this is an older device. Rom itself is really nice and fluid and a got a few nice extras that CM doesn't have.

One note though, I tried flashing with Shift Kernel 1.8 and just got stuck at logo. I haven't read through the whole shift thread yet, which I should have I know, but a heads up for others. On stock kernel though, things are running really nice with no complaints. :) Thanks heaps!

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Flashed to give it a go, it's always nice to see new Roms pop up, considering this is an older device. Rom itself is really nice and fluid and a got a few nice extras that CM doesn't have.

One note though, I tried flashing with Shift Kernel 1.8 and just got stuck at logo. I haven't read through the whole shift thread yet, which I should have I know, but a heads up for others. On stock kernel though, things are running really nice with no complaints. :) Thanks heaps!

To run with shift you have to flash the sensor update as well. I'm running it right now

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Senyaka

SIGMAxB

Aug 7, 2011
Cedar Hill, Texas
Installed rom per instructions along with shift kernel and sensor fix and noticed that back light illumination was not working (hardware keys always lit) and charging limit was capped at stock values ( what's the point then) back on agni and all is smooth and snappy thanks for the awesome rom and keep up the good work

ArmStrongDickPunch

Jan 7, 2014
Might flash this ROM later today, one question though didn't see it under flashing instructions but saw the link under downloads. Is superuser built into this ROM or do we need to flash it (to get root access) with the ROM and gapps?

Thanks and looking forward to giving this ROM a try
Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Installed rom per instructions along with shift kernel and sensor fix and noticed that back light illumination was not working (hardware keys always lit) and charging limit was capped at stock values ( what's the point then) back on agni and all is smooth and snappy thanks for the awesome rom and keep up the good work

Values were higher, i nuked
Stweaks and when I rebuilt it I forgot to go back to 2000

Might flash this ROM later today, one question though didn't see it under flashing instructions but saw the link under downloads. Is superuser built into this ROM or do we need to flash it (to get root access) with the ROM and gapps?

Thanks and looking forward to giving this ROM a try
Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

Superuser is built in of course, I just prefer supersu

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: SIGMAxB

nelly_85

Nov 10, 2011
Proximity sensor issue when in call. Trust me I'm a flashaholic so I don't miss anything at all. Always format Internal memory too. Weird...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-KitKat.jpg

Official CyanideMod built with SABERMOD 4.8 Toolchain

What we have here is going to be CyanideMod 4.4.4 builds for your Galaxy Note 2 with the bonus of Sabermod toolchain. I will continue to add tweaks and change things but this will also be stay fairly current on rebasing with CyanogenMod source as well. This rom is LOADED with features and I will continue to add more features and tweaks. CLEAN install is recommended for your first time but dirty will be fine after that unless I notify you differently.

HOW TO INSTALL

Make sure you are on a KitKat compatible recovery
    Download the zip
    Download compatible Gapps
    WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    Wipe Cache/Dalvic Cache
    Flash the Rom
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot
    Enjoy

Install from my previous build:
    Download the zip
    WIPE Cache
    WIPE Dalvik Cache
    Flash the ROM
    Reboot

Current build:CyanideMod-V2

Downloads: Cyanidemod

Recommended GAPPS: GAPPS
    (Others may work but I've only tested these)

I highly recommend using my Shift kernel as the kernel built with the rom is less than impressive
    Custom kernel: Shift

Google Camera: Camera

Play Services Update: Play Services

SUPERSU:http://download.chainfire.eu/451/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.01.zip

Thanks goes out to: My tester @razen_kain. He tests on the S2 but I build the same ROM for both devices. I test the Note 2 versions

Also Entire CyanogenMod Team for making their source open and available to the public. Pretty damn awesome of them if you ask me.

Features: This has all CM11 features with added stuff as well and I will continue to add more. Lock torch glowpad, non intrusive calling, PIE control, color control, Navigation bar support and shortcut support and MUCH MUCH MORE. Developer options by defualt as well as the advanced reboot menu default. I know there is more but I can't think of it right now.I will update 2nd posts with screens and features

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Shifted CM11, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    rogersb11
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2014-09-17

Created 2014-09-07
    Last Updated 2014-09-18
    Massive update coming. Full multi window support with unlimited and scalable windows. Side by side or top and bottom click to fit. Heads up in floating window. Heads up color and transparency settings. Gesture anywhere support from chameleon. Slims custom notification shortcuts, networks stats in status bar with color settings, propmodder, battery bar with height and color settings, notification drawer and label extra menu on long click to open in floating window mode, Identicons from chameleon, app circle sidebar with long click for menu with floating mode. Also full cm sync as of yesterday so anything between last build and now from them you can add to the changelog as well. This will be becoming it's own rom upon release. I still need to make a boot animation and clean a few things up and it's ready to go

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Ok, new build up. Fixed call log, rebased with cm, Recents menu options to choose slim recents or normal, system app remover, toast animations and few other things. Call log FIXED FINALLY. You will notice Dialer, contacts and incallui do not have Dark UI at the moment but I will add it back to them. Sorry but I had to get that call log straightened out. So, enjoy and report. Thanks guys. OP updated as well

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712473167
    Ok V3 is up. Those of you who had the systemui crash issue I have figured out what is causing it but still have no clue as to why or how to fix it as of yet but it's Google+. Installing will immediately trigger the crash and factory reset is the only way out. Keep that in mind with gapps selection and if the app is a must then I'm sorry but log only tells me G+ and that it's killing package manager but that's it. Anyway, solid update. Small features additions this time but that's because we already have most of them lol. Enjoy. May need to dirty flash gapps as well. Thanks guys

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001607065
    Let's get this party back on track. ...
    Great rom going on here. ..!!!

Epic stuff really. ...
    If people only knew how long it takes to add a feature. ...

Rogersb.....youdaman.....g