[ROM][4.4.4]AOSP

Search This thread

Nagato Yuki

Mar 2, 2009
Hong Kong
I found a issue of using recoveries for flashing your ROM.
Most recoveries listed is made for Xperia S LT26i (Nozomi), but used on Acro S without any issue.
Your package of ROM has ability of checking default.prop to make sure the device is Acro S LT26w (Hitomi).
In this case, the flashing ROM would be failed due to prompting wrong type of device.
So, not sure any newer recoveries recommend for flashing your ROM?
BTW, what about recoveries in your ROM?

DvDwx.

Jul 21, 2013
?
this ROM was made to be used as Pure AOSP // Daily drive ROM ... without a precaution with make the TWRP recovery make recovery backups without any bug from phone to modification backup precautions... i know about that already a months but forget to release that here... on my ROM based on AOSP non released and stoped dev... i used the source from Deedwar's AOSP... and know about that because my precautions with tests on phone... :mad:
if deedwar have time to fix that he will share this info here but that is not so important to he stop his work on PA...
now about another old bug is about the camera Apps... here i can't use any of almost Camera specific Apps like Camera FV or Camera HD... (instagram, Snapchat, *WhatsApp(*sometimes) the camera work to use the app camera aplication) on Xperia S they have a discussion about that problem but i don't have sure if they fixed that.. you know about some fix to this problem deedwar?
(On Instagram the APP flashes while stay scrolling... i don't know if happens only to me =#)
:good: Good Luck you your projects guys

mariovp

Nov 16, 2012
this ROM was made to be used as Pure AOSP // Daily drive ROM ... without a precaution with make the TWRP recovery make recovery backups without any bug from phone to modification backup precautions... i know about that already a months but forget to release that here... on my ROM based on AOSP non released and stoped dev... i used the source from Deedwar's AOSP... and know about that because my precautions with tests on phone... :mad:
if deedwar have time to fix that he will share this info here but that is not so important to he stop his work on PA...
now about another old bug is about the camera Apps... here i can't use any of almost Camera specific Apps like Camera FV or Camera HD... (instagram, Snapchat, *WhatsApp(*sometimes) the camera work to use the app camera aplication) on Xperia S they have a discussion about that problem but i don't have sure if they fixed that.. you know about some fix to this problem deedwar?
(On Instagram the APP flashes while stay scrolling... i don't know if happens only to me =#)
:good: Good Luck you your projects guys

I have noticed those bugs too, included the flashes on Instagram, Whatsapp camera freezes phone completely if rotated while in use and also ocassional flashes when unlocking screen using pattern.

mpatate

Feb 11, 2010
Houston, I got a problem.
I have JB 4.1.2 on my Acro S, root, busybox... Locked bootloader.
From the recovery I have make a factory reset then I install the archive on my SD.
No message or any problem, then when I reboot the phone don't do anything, it vibrate one time or three (power off or power off and sound up) but the screen is black..
I try to Fastboot ou Flashboot, the green or blue led appear few seconds then switch off, I can't make anything with Flashtool.
What's the problem ? Thanks for your help and sorry for my English.

andacro

Houston, I got a problem.
I have JB 4.1.2 on my Acro S, root, busybox... Locked bootloader.
From the recovery I have make a factory reset then I install the archive on my SD.
No message or any problem, then when I reboot the phone don't do anything, it vibrate one time or three (power off or power off and sound up) but the screen is black..
I try to Fastboot ou Flashboot, the green or blue led appear few seconds then switch off, I can't make anything with Flashtool.
What's the problem ? Thanks for your help and sorry for my English.

Got to unlock the bootloader to install a custom rom.

mpatate

Feb 11, 2010
Got to unlock the bootloader to install a custom rom.

I have install few customs roms without unlock bootloader on this phone :/

Now it's too late ? I can't connect the phone with Flashtool :/

The led disappear after 5 / 6 seconds and the phone disconnect alone.

Brick ?

Thnaks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is based off AOSP

As it is AOSP it has next to no extra features but it is very smooth. In this ROM everything should work. HDMI, Radio, and no pause when recording.

Downloads
    14-09-2014
    -Latest source sync
    -Thanks to @Phantasm4489 for fixing GPS, Auto Brightness and Audio in Radio.

25-07-2014
    -Version 4.4.4

20-06-2014
    -As of now it will be pure AOSP only modifications will be to the kernel and what is needed to make a installable zip

Previous 18-06-2014
    Whats New
    -Fixed Bluetooth
    -Kernel now has smartx and weatley governors and the CPU is overclockable to 1890 and GPU to 300
    -Reboot in power menu
    -Clear All in Recent Apps
    -Torch tile added but you need to load up torch once before tile will work. (Thanks to @Apology11)
    Previous

Install Intructions

- Download to phone internal storage
    - Load up TWRP or CWM and do a factory wipe if coming from ANY other ROM (otherwise you will get FC's this is a requirement)
    - Install ROM
    - Install GAPPS

Credits
    billchen1977 for the kernel original thread
    Apology11 for nearly EVERYTHING else

Bugs

Sources
    AOSP Source
    Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][4.4.4]AOSP, ROM for the Sony Xperia Acro S

Contributors
    deedwar
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-06-17
    Last Updated 2014-09-14
    Just updated the ROM and should have working Radio now GPS works for me and auto brightness works also. Those fixes are all thanks to @Phantasm4489 he pushed them to github.
    As suggested i have made just a pure AOSP and untill i manage to include Xposed Framework in the ROM itself you will need to download it and as mentioned Gravitybox is a good Mod to get and makes it pretty much the same as any CM rom.
    Just updated, installed and worked for me over the top of the old version at the very least but i dont see why it shouldnt just work.
    The new version brings an error while installing. "some symlinks failed" "error installind updater script".
    I've downloaded the rom 3 times from different servers and the error is present all the time.
    What's the problem?

Wipes are all done by me, also flashing the kernel with ADB extra.
    I'm coming from mokee rom.

I just installed the system image to check on mine i didnt do a complete install of the ROM itself so that would explain why i didnt see the same issues. I will do a clean build and repost it tomorrow when i wake up. Sorry for that.

In the meantime i relinked the older version with the bluetooth problem and people can install that and just install the new version over the top when i release it tomorrow.

By radio i mean FM RADIO not mobile signal.