• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][4.4.4] Carbon ROM [UNOFFICIAL][HEADS UP/HOVER][12/08/2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
Black-on-Trans.png
Carbon ROM

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

About Carbon
CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub and on our Gerrit

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

How to install
-Requires Unlocked Bootloader, CWM & Root
1) Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
2) Reboot in Bootloader Mode
3) Go to "Recovery" (Vol -) and confirm (Vol +)
4) Select (Vol +/-) "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and press Power button | For a clean
5) Select (Vol +/-) "Yes - Wipe all user data" and press Power button _| installation
6) Select (Vol +/-) "Install Zip", "Choose zip from /sdcard"
7) Go where you placed the ROM zip, select it and confirm
8) Re-do 7 and 8 with Gapps zip
9) Now "reboot system now"

Known Bugs
-SystemUI Crashes on XT1033 variant

Download
Dev-Host (old builds)
AndroidFileHost

Sources
CarbonDev on Github
Device tree (branch Carbon-4.4)

XDA:DevDB Information
Carbon ROM, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
Alberto97, dhacker29, razrqcom-dev-team, Team CyanogenMod, Team Carbon
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-01-25
Last Updated 2014-08-12

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 23,811
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 21,465
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 20,046
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 19,411
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 18,564
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 18,081
Last edited:

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
Changelog & Download

Changelog & Download

CLICK ON DATE TO DOWNLOAD
For OFFICIAL Carbon Rom changes (when I write "sources update"), see here

No Dual-SIM support actually

11/08/2014
-3.4.102 Kernel
-Fixed Audio bug (you don't have to enable DSP Manager to hear something anymore) thanks @medic
-Sources Update

21/07/2014
-Sources Update
-KTU84Q (Just build number change, no new other changes from Google)
-Heads Up Update

24/06/2014
-O3 Optimizations
-Added Heads Up as Unofficial feature --> PLEASE, READ THE POST BELOW BEFORE POSTING!
-Sources Update (Just little changes)

20/06/2014
-Sources Update
-Android 4.4.4
-New DSP Manager interface (omni themed)
-Fixed 1194MHz frequency bug

13/06/2014
-Sources Update
-Hover!

09/06/2014 (I suggest a wipe data)
-Sources Update (Android 4.4.3)
-Fix GPE device detection

01/06/2014
-Big Sources Update :)
-Lots of new features!
-Linaro Toolchains 4.9.1 Compiled!

17/04/2014
-Sources Update
-Please, test another time if it works also on XT1033

04/04/2014
-Sources Update
-Please, test if it works also on XT1033

18/03/2014
-Sources update

28/02/2014
-Sources Update
-Pocket Mode works now!

23/02/2014
-Google Play Edition Compatible now
-Sources Update
-Come back FM Radio!
-DSP Manager now works!

16/02/2014
-Sources Update
-PIE Controls Added

07/02/2014 (One build for all variants from now, thanks to dhacker29)
-Sources update
-More features
-More translations

25/01/2014: XT1032 | XT1034
-Initial release

Last edited:

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
Floating Notifications (Heads Up/Hover)

IMG_20140625_005716.jpg Floating Notifications Disabled
IMG_20140625_005701.jpg Floating Notifications Enabled (If you enabled Heads Up from Settings --> Display & lights, it means this, else Hover is enabled)

NOTE: If you enabled Heads Up, you can't disable floating notifications by tapping on the icon above, first you have to disable Heads Up and then you can disable floating notifications

NOTE2: If you enabled Heads Up but it isn't working, try tapping on the icon above or/and a reboot

Last edited:

anerik

Aug 21, 2012
La Plata
Isn't this rom already on the other section? I mean, even if you merged sources before a1pha, he released it first...

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
Not to be harsh mate, but I think you may be posting this on the wrong section on xda. I'm not 100% sure myself actually. I think it should be in the Android Development section and not in the Original Android Development section.
Since I'm on XDA I always saw source built roms in Original Android Development section

akash3656

May 3, 2010
Since I'm on XDA I always saw source built roms in Original Android Development section

Well on the Nexus devices, a source built but kangs or unofficial self built or fork of a ROM usually ends up in the "Android Development" section so yea. Not sure if it applies on every device on XDA though. :confused:

anerik

Aug 21, 2012
La Plata
I think unofficial and kangs go in the normal development section, or only kangs i dont remember. But still this rom was already released, no matter what section both roms are the same. Only one of them should be here unless one of the 2 roms were modified to add or delete features

Reactions: ximmox and a1Pha

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
Well on the Nexus devices, a source built but kangs or unofficial self built or fork of a ROM usually ends up in the "Android Development" section so yea. Not sure if it applies on every device on XDA though. :confused:
In this case I don't know, I saw phones like Galaxy Mini, S Advance, Ace II etc. These aren't officially supported phones from all ROMs

EDIT: Sorry, you were right:
The following are most likely “Original Development”:

-Official releases of highly original and upstream custom ROMs (built from the ground up with significant original development within them
-Official releases/development of such original ROMs, perhaps posted by the maintainer or their nominated person.
-A significant “first” in development for a device. Significant is subjective, but it is likely something which took considerable time/effort, and is generally accepted by developers to be significant and non-trivial.
-Kernels which are built with beneficial changes that are not simply pulled from other kernels already available. Some element of original work is expected.
-Tools and utilities with a clear purpose, and which are well-made, and useful to users. They should have an element of originality, either in purpose or through significant improvement in the means of operation.
-Significant port of a ROM from one device to another, giving enhanced features or functionality to users of the target device. The port should be beneficial (a port from two virtually identical devices isn’t original development, it’s winzipping, and nobody really benefits from this, as it’s not development)

The following are most likely not “Original Development”, and should be posted in the “Android Development” subforum:
-Your own “unofficial” stock build of your favourite original, source-built (or otherwise) ROM, particularly where an official or maintainer-endorsed thread exists already.
-Minor derivatives of other ROMs with little or no changes, or ROMs consisting of “placebo” features as a main constituent or claim.

-Renames or rebadges of others’ work – these don’t belong on XDA at all! Refer to rule 12 for more information.
-Reposts of existing ROMs with small changes (i.e. kitchen work, such as adding a couple of apps). If you could realistically distribute your changes as an “addon pack” above and beyond a ROM, you should do so. In addition, your “ROM” would not be original development as it would be substantially identical to the original ROM.
-A thread created with unrealistic goals that are clearly unachievable by those starting the thread. This is not intended to discourage high aspirations, rather to prevent threads porting Windows Phone 8 to the HTC Wallaby. This is pretty much common sense.
-A ROM where a main or significant claim/feature is graphical changes to the user interface (ie. Themed ROM)
Thread already reported!

Last edited:
Reactions: suhridkhan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Black-on-Trans.png
    Carbon ROM

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About Carbon
    CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub and on our Gerrit

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

How to install
    -Requires Unlocked Bootloader, CWM & Root
    1) Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
    2) Reboot in Bootloader Mode
    3) Go to "Recovery" (Vol -) and confirm (Vol +)
    4) Select (Vol +/-) "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and press Power button | For a clean
    5) Select (Vol +/-) "Yes - Wipe all user data" and press Power button _| installation
    6) Select (Vol +/-) "Install Zip", "Choose zip from /sdcard"
    7) Go where you placed the ROM zip, select it and confirm
    8) Re-do 7 and 8 with Gapps zip
    9) Now "reboot system now"

Known Bugs
    -SystemUI Crashes on XT1033 variant

Download
    Dev-Host (old builds)
    AndroidFileHost

Sources
    CarbonDev on Github
    Device tree (branch Carbon-4.4)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Carbon ROM, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    Alberto97, dhacker29, razrqcom-dev-team, Team CyanogenMod, Team Carbon
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-01-25
    Last Updated 2014-08-12
    Changelog & Download

Changelog & Download

CLICK ON DATE TO DOWNLOAD
    For OFFICIAL Carbon Rom changes (when I write "sources update"), see here

No Dual-SIM support actually

11/08/2014
    -3.4.102 Kernel
    -Fixed Audio bug (you don't have to enable DSP Manager to hear something anymore) thanks @medic
    -Sources Update

21/07/2014
    -Sources Update
    -KTU84Q (Just build number change, no new other changes from Google)
    -Heads Up Update

24/06/2014
    -O3 Optimizations
    -Added Heads Up as Unofficial feature --> PLEASE, READ THE POST BELOW BEFORE POSTING!
    -Sources Update (Just little changes)

20/06/2014
    -Sources Update
    -Android 4.4.4
    -New DSP Manager interface (omni themed)
    -Fixed 1194MHz frequency bug

13/06/2014
    -Sources Update
    -Hover!

09/06/2014 (I suggest a wipe data)
    -Sources Update (Android 4.4.3)
    -Fix GPE device detection

01/06/2014
    -Big Sources Update :)
    -Lots of new features!
    -Linaro Toolchains 4.9.1 Compiled!

17/04/2014
    -Sources Update
    -Please, test another time if it works also on XT1033

04/04/2014
    -Sources Update
    -Please, test if it works also on XT1033

18/03/2014
    -Sources update

28/02/2014
    -Sources Update
    -Pocket Mode works now!

23/02/2014
    -Google Play Edition Compatible now
    -Sources Update
    -Come back FM Radio!
    -DSP Manager now works!

16/02/2014
    -Sources Update
    -PIE Controls Added

07/02/2014 (One build for all variants from now, thanks to dhacker29)
    -Sources update
    -More features
    -More translations

25/01/2014: XT1032 | XT1034
    -Initial release
    Can you share with Dhacker your fix of the min freq? Everyone will appreciate you, because every ROM based on CM has this problem.
    dhacker fixed that bug, I forgot to write it :p

PS Come on guys, 14 downloads and just a "thanks" :(
    New Build! Only sources update this time

For me DSP isnt working. I am using the latest Version
    Don't worry, it will be fixed with next build ;)

So I tried messing around with the apns-conf.xml to get MMS working on the xt1031 (boost mobile). A couple of things:

-After adding what I found online to be the proper MMS apns, the xml ended up being 1.53 KB smaller than the original.
    -I lost the ability to text at all
    - I did this all directly on the phone with an xml editor.
    - when trying to switch back to the original xml it took a cache/dalvik wipe and 2 reboots to get text back.

@Alberto97. I noticed that the boost mobile apns are purely missing from the apns-conf.xml. maybe you would be able to add them? I have a screenshot of what I found and entered into Textra to get MMS in that app. I love this ROM, even with the minor quirks here and there. Keep up the good work and I hope all goes well.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
    I'll try to include the apn if you send me all the informations to include it in apns-conf.xml ;)
    Big update today :D ! Second post for changelog :)