[ROM][4.4.4] CarbonRom: Wave & Wave II

Search This thread

adilla

Jun 6, 2013
Hunedoara
Carbon rom not working ok, from time to time losing signal, losing singnal when im talking, and phone closed, batery drained, flash not working, cand do picture with flash :(

linoskoczek

Jan 21, 2013
Cool ROM!

Only one thing you can improve is to add ROM and GAPPS separately. GAPPS really take much speed from this device and not everyone needs them, when F-Droid and other apps (or websites) are available.

tallyx

Jul 14, 2009
Fuengirola
My experiences, troubleshoot and solution to many problems

I'll tell you about the way I have had to follow to make it work (sorry for my English).

For me it was completely impossible to get this to work even following every step... and I'm not a beginner in this matter...

First I installed TurkoCFW, even when I already had Bada 2.0, this was easy, selecting Full Download in Multi-Loader 5.67 and filling everything except Tune, ETC and PFS.

I began trying other older ROMs without any luck, concretely those that use Clockworkmod failed both to be used to install zip files (it recognized the SD Card but it said "this mobile is GT-I9000 and the file doesn't match...") and it also failed when I tried to restore a Clockworkmod Recovery point (I don't remember the error code, but it was some number).

I Also had problems since the very beginning because all of them uses a FOTA file to flash it, but, it was supossed that the phone will restart automatically in recover mode, but no way... at the end I found out that I had to keep home button pressed for 3-4s to get inside this mode, just after the automatic reboot, because it seemed dead. I also discovered the key combination END + Lock + Vol.Down to bypass the "black screen" and go again to Bada OS.

Afterwards I tried Carbon but to make it work I had to first tick "Change Bootloader" in MultiLoader, select your Bootloader Files Folder, Download it, and then, after the reboot. untick it and flash the FOTA file that you supply.
I also pasted the boot.img file and the zip Rom to the SD Card.

At this moment I had the TWRP Recovery environment, but the problem was that, in the Install menu, I couldn't do anything because it didn't recognized the SD Card (said 0Mb), so I went to Advanced->Terminal and made:

> cat /proc/partitions

and it listed all block devices, I figured out looking at the byte size what were the SD Card (8Gb = 77423....), it was something like "/dev/block/mmcblck1" and wrote:

> mount /dev/block/mmcblck1 /external_sd

then I went to Install menu again and I pressed Refresh and navigating to /external_sd I found the ROM zip, but, when I tried to install it, it complaints about not being capable to mount neither /data, nor /system. (tried to convert to EXT4... as you explained but it didn't worked until I did the following actions).

I went again to the Terminal utility (Advanced menu) and listing again the devices (cat /proc/partitions) I found one with aprx. 440Mb (4442345...) and another one with aprx. 900Mb (998686...) and I mounted the 400 one as:

> mount /dev/block/mmcblck0p1 /system
(I think it were mmcblck0p1 but maybe another...)

and the 900Mb as:

> mount /dev/block/mmcblck0p3 /data
(idem)

Now I went to Install menu again, found again the zip file in /external_sd and, finally, it worked!!

I don't know why I had this problems but maybe it can help others... Now I'll try to backup Google Services, Play Store... with Titanium Backup and then, uninstall it to try to gain some more free memory.

Thanks for your great work and good luck to everybody ;)

Last edited:

mpadhu

Nov 22, 2012
Need bootfiles mirror link

Can anyone provide BOOTFILES for S8530. The provided link is dead.

amiraDKcrysis

Mar 27, 2012
kermanshahan
hi...thanks for this great rom.
its my first time using wave and its not my own .
i have one Q if i flash this rom will i lose my video rec??
i dont get what you meant by known bug which said.
do all of androids for wave have this bug? no fix?
thanks in advance i really appreciated

mpadhu

Nov 22, 2012
Great

Excellent ROM. Stable. Haven't thought that Wave phones will get Android.
Kudos to the hard work of the folks involved in this. :good:

Thanks a lot.

Reactions: aravinthan93

djrealistic

Feb 5, 2015
is it a bug or something

I have installed the rom with simple kernel. Everythinh is working good. The status bar is not responding, m touching it but its not drawing down.
I selected long press end key to see notification, m succeeded to open notification drawer but not able to touch any option,
Any suggestions? ??

Dev.

Mar 14, 2013
hi
here is a problem
i use normal kernel but i cant use video rec
so how can i fix it?

fredchen

Jan 8, 2007
No GPS fix

Hi,

I flashed the CarbonRom based on Kitkat 4.4.4.
At first sight, everything seems to work properly.
However, I don't get any GPS fix. I first noticed it when trying to OsmAnd for car navigation. The phone was fixed at the front windshield => good view to the sky/satellites should be given. I then used the app "GPS Status" and downloaded A-GPS data. But nothing changed. No fix even after 30 minutes.

Do you have any advise for me?
(BTW, I use the phone without SIM card)
Thanks

linoskoczek

Jan 21, 2013
Hi,

I flashed the CarbonRom based on Kitkat 4.4.4.
At first sight, everything seems to work properly.
However, I don't get any GPS fix. I first noticed it when trying to OsmAnd for car navigation. The phone was fixed at the front windshield => good view to the sky/satellites should be given. I then used the app "GPS Status" and downloaded A-GPS data. But nothing changed. No fix even after 30 minutes.

Do you have any advise for me?
(BTW, I use the phone without SIM card)
Thanks

GPS doesn't work with this kernel and there is no way to fix it at the moment.

Arm3lit0

Sep 5, 2014
Yaounde
Bricked phone

hi! i tried to install the rom then i only flashed the FOTA file. now my phone won't even boot or go in recovery . can somebody help me please

moh19814

Dec 18, 2014
Hi, there.
After I flash Fota, the phone turn off. As I understand, the phone may be stucked in a Badadroid Loop, so, i try to remove the battery and reinstall it again, and then try to go to the recovery mode, but nothing happen. The screen is always black and no response from the phone.
Any Ideas what may be wrong.

My phone is GT-S8530 and it is on bada ver: 2.01201302243LI...
Thanks

Arm3lit0

Sep 5, 2014
Yaounde
[ROM][4.4.4] CarbonRom: Wave & Wave II

Try this it worked for me. Plug in usb then Hold call end button + call button. It should start charching then turn on the phone. Then after u can turn it off and roboot to download mode

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bovr2V.png

AZnnNv.png

About Carbon​

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

ROM Features​

Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.
    Changelog

Interactive mode fota (Thanks to BenzoX)
    Normal and Bigmem Kernel (283-314mb)

310MB Ram
    Background less cache app
    Gapps Included
    Faster
    Linaro 4.7
    etc

My github

Download​

(Copy both normal and bigmem kernel to sdcard)

Known Bugs​

Same badadroid
    No video recording & playback totally (Use MX player f.e)

First Installation

Bada 2.0 is required (Turko CFW 10.2)
    Warning! It will remove Bada!
    SD Card is required. (fat32 format!!!)

- Download BOOTFILES, SD FOTA for your device:
    for 8500:
    https://mega.nz/#!RhMzGYhY!7AcfzxliRTY8HpC2B8tdN5EH1nn8C4DnDarR0-33Ywo
    https://mega.nz/#!0xFm0JyI!VPJcO10Mv9lHm1qsW7Ec5VctLMAj-wqYwI7q7m7272w
    for 8530
    https://mega.nz/#!RsllUSQA!ZgXQ4ZeHJ726zTbluJLpdpc6I7JrV98uc4OpysgwKs0
    https://mega.nz/#!wldiBY4S!WXEsrglgonQG6mVmKJrlKZcEGZzwtynygPa3CTnBQLk
    (please pay attention if it's S8500 or S8530 BOOTFILES and FOTA you're choosing!):

- Download ROM
    - Download Kernel
    - Download boot.img and copy it to SD card
    - Copy whole .zip to SD Card.
    - Flash FOTA using Multiloader.
    - After reboot it will open android recovery
    ** Install -> choose zip with ROM -> Swipe to Confirm Flash -> Home
    ** Wipe -> Advanced wipe -> Check "data" -> Repair or change File Sytem -> Change File System -> Ext4 -> Swipe to change ->Back -> Back >Back -> Back
    ** Reboot -> System

New Fota settings:
    End = Android Normal
    End + VolDown = Bigmem
    End + Volup = Recovery
    End + Call = Bada offline charge

P.S: When you press buttons for booting any mode, after yo see white screen, stop pressing.

You can remove installation .zip from SD card from Android level by connecting through USB in MTP mode.
    Do not remove boot.img file.

For activation Performance and Developer Options categories in Settings you need Settings->About Phone and tap 7 times on Build number

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com/ This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.​

FAQ
    1) Can't mount internal and external sdcard on PC
    Settings-Storage-USB computer connection-Mass Storage

Thanks
    CarbonDev
    Badadroid Team - Rebellos, Volk204, Tigrouzen, BenzoX, Blue59 and many others

32v7A5.png

Changelog - 07.08.2014

Changelog - 07.08.2014

• Normal Kernel (Fully functional)
    • Bigmem Kernel (No camera, video)
    • New Interactive Mode fota for Bigmem
    • Added Mirror Links

• New Fota settings:
    • End = Android Normal
    • End + VolDown = Bigmem
    • End + Volup = Recovery
    • End + Call = Bada offline charge
    P.S: When you press buttons for booting any mode, after yo see white screen, stop pressing.
    Thank you, All is OK now.

I reverted CarbonRom to other rom ;)
    Syncing is almost done, Very soon (if no problem) I'll release :)

Regards
    You can download? please give me and me fota for S8530
    i try link posted to hero355 and not working.

Regards,:mad:
    S8500 fota: https://yadi.sk/d/j8M0gYhOZbSpz
    S8530 fota: https://yadi.sk/d/bwZ5H9c3ZbSq9
    Sorry folks, I had problems in personal life.

Now I back to work, Rom is already ready, problems with building kernel. I'll update as soon as when i finish kernel.

Best Regards