[ROM][4.4.4 CM-11.0][Cyanogenmod 11.0 Unofficial][KTU84Q][26/9/14]

Search This thread

Namidairo

Jan 26, 2012
Cyanogenmod 11.0 unofficials here. These are not nightlies, they are unofficials. Totally not responsible for your device imploding, exploding, taking control of your car and re-enacting Tokyo Drift, causing thermonuclear war, running away with your SO, or any other hilarious but unfortunate events.

Just releasing this because it was wallowing on my drive. If you enjoy stability, good battery life and the warm tingly feeling of someone holding your hand as you flash the zip, this is not the rom you are looking for. This is a terrible terrible Frankenstein build made up of Nexus 7 blobs.

Requirements:

1. An unlocked TF201 (Plenty of guides to show you)
2. The jellybean (4.1) bootloader. If you are coming from Androwook 1.51+ or Energy, you are not on the 4.1 bootloader, please refer to their threads on downgrading back to a TF201 bootloader. Upgrading to the 4.1 bootloader may require flashing the entire stock 10.4.2.15 image + compatible recovery at the same time.
3. A decent recovery (TWRP has not been updated to support SELinux xattrs on the TF201, so use the CWM I put in the downloads)
4. NVFlash blobs and images retrieved from device and backed up, see second post. (While optional, I will laugh you out of the thread if you brick if you did not do this.)

Installation:

1. Download zip from sources below (Usually the latest should be good)
2. Either copy to your device and install in recovery, or adb sideload zip.
3. Enjoy?

Downloads:
Recovery: It's in the downloads section, above. (Use the volume up/down and power buttons to navigate or swipe)

cm-11-20140331-UNOFFICIAL-tf201 - Niceties like... not bricking stuff.
cm-11-20140427-UNOFFICIAL-tf201
cm-11-20140501-UNOFFICIAL-tf201
cm-11-20140610-UNOFFICIAL-tf201 4.4.3 and some kernel exploit patches. New theme engine should be present too
cm-11-20140720-UNOFFICIAL-tf201
cm-11-20140825-UNOFFICIAL-tf201 GPS Dongle should work in this build.
cm-11-20140926-UNOFFICIAL-tf201

Stuff That's Broke:
Camera
GPS (Internal)
Other stuff that I don't know about because I just don't use this tablet apart from the odd youtube video and ebook while doing a poop.

Sources:

Androidroot team
TF700T contributors
Device overlay: https://github.com/namidairo/android_device_asus_tf201/tree/cm-11.0
Kernel: https://github.com/namidairo/android_kernel_asus_tf201/tree/cm-11.0
GPS Wrapper: https://github.com/namidairo/gps_wrapper_tf201
...and this one patch for frameworks/native http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/54257/

Donations:

To your favourite charity?
Alternatively, you could buy me a beer: bitcoin:1F5prCsZWqookVYuSiHojaRbqgiTaY9Rs1

XDA:DevDB Information
Cyanogenmod 11.0 Unofficial TF201, ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime

Contributors
Namidairo, Androidroot, Cyanogenmod
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-12-29
Last Updated 2014-09-26

tsc123

Sep 27, 2010
Berlin
Hi

many thanks - I was waiting for KK for my "old" TF201
will try immediatly - but I think I have to downgrade from Hairbean first - correct?

Thanks
tsc123

Pandawg

Sep 6, 2012
Thanks for continuing to develop for this old tablet :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

tsc123

Sep 27, 2010
Berlin
How I have installed CM11

I successfully installed CM11 !

You have to change your CWM to the recovery in the download section.
Use fastboot to update your recovery by using

fastboot -i 0xb05 flash recovery recovery.img.SOS

boot into recovery do a wipe/clear calvik etc ..
install cm11 zip file and enjoy CM11 on our TF201

(but please have a nvflash img, blob and all your data save before doing this)

I will report what is workign and whatr is not working so far

Thanks to Namidairo

tsc123

Sep 27, 2010
Berlin
it was difficult to install GAPPS
I had a lot of problems to install the 4.4.2 full gapps zip file and the systemui always crashed
finally gapps-kk-20131031.zip worked (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2506747)

I also restored my apps via titanium successfully up to now no problems

of course the camera is not working

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

it was difficult to install GAPPS
I had a lot of problems to install the 4.4.2 full gapps zip file and the systemui always crashed
finally gapps-kk-20131031.zip worked (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2506747)

I also restored my apps via titanium successfully up to now no problems

of course the camera is not working

Reactions: SAJdroid

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
Cyanogenmod 11.0 unofficials here. These are not nightlies, they are unofficials. Totally not responsible for your device imploding, exploding, taking control of your car and re-enacting Tokyo Drift, causing thermonuclear war, running away with your SO, or any other hilarious but unfortunate events.

Just releasing this because it was wallowing on my drive. If you enjoy stability, good battery life and the warm tingly feeling of someone holding your hand as you flash the zip, this is not the rom you are looking for. This is a terrible terrible Frankenstein build made up of Nexus 7 blobs.

Dude, you rock. I know it's not dev related. but still, you rock. I happen to love that tf201 and I still think it's a basis for the nexus 7.
Can't wait to try those nex7 blobs. How did you even manage that!

I'm downloading aosp source to try and build. Just seen your updated github. did I mention you rock?

lukcinek

Feb 5, 2012
Hi to Everyone

I have question. Actually Im on Hairybean 2.31 and I don't know what to do... Can I downgrade bootloader to 4.1.1? (Androwook thread) or I must install official ASUS 4.1 bootloader and then upgrade my recovery from download section and instal this ROM.

Sorry for my english

Thx for answer

tsc123

Sep 27, 2010
Berlin
Downgrade to 4.1.1 and flash CWM from link (See my post)

Sent from my EPAD using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Could you check the camera issue? All the rest is working atm

tsc123

Sep 27, 2010
Berlin
See my tf201 status ?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388440568532.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1388440568532.png
    128 KB · Views: 1,863

lukcinek

Feb 5, 2012
Hi

Everything is working besides camera but I have problem to sync my calendar or browser with google services and synhronize to my account.

Thanks for great port

Wysłane z mojego EPAD przy użyciu Tapatalka

rtoussaint

Oct 17, 2005
Does Netflix work? I flashed kk on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, but Netflix broke. I want to flash kk on my prime, but I want at least one Netflix capable tablet.

lukcinek

Feb 5, 2012
Hey Namidario

I installed Your recoveryr and this ROM. It is good but I want to try other ROMs. After I flashed Your recovery I cant install any other ROMs than 4.4.- Status 7 error.
Any advise?

Thx for answer

Last edited:

SergeantWagner

Dec 17, 2010
Tallahassee
Thanks

Thanks.
This Frankenstein rom is running on my tf201.

I still want to contribute, been reading wiki's on porting CM to unsupported devices but I think I need a little guidance for the TF201.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements:

1. An unlocked TF201 (Plenty of guides to show you)
    2. The jellybean (4.1) bootloader. If you are coming from Androwook 1.51+ or Energy, you are not on the 4.1 bootloader, please refer to their threads on downgrading back to a TF201 bootloader. Upgrading to the 4.1 bootloader may require flashing the entire stock 10.4.2.15 image + compatible recovery at the same time.
    3. A decent recovery (TWRP has not been updated to support SELinux xattrs on the TF201, so use the CWM I put in the downloads)
    4. NVFlash blobs and images retrieved from device and backed up, see second post. (While optional, I will laugh you out of the thread if you brick if you did not do this.)

Installation:

1. Download zip from sources below (Usually the latest should be good)
    2. Either copy to your device and install in recovery, or adb sideload zip.
    3. Enjoy?

Downloads:
    Recovery: It's in the downloads section, above. (Use the volume up/down and power buttons to navigate or swipe)

cm-11-20140331-UNOFFICIAL-tf201 - Niceties like... not bricking stuff.
    cm-11-20140427-UNOFFICIAL-tf201
    cm-11-20140501-UNOFFICIAL-tf201
    cm-11-20140610-UNOFFICIAL-tf201 4.4.3 and some kernel exploit patches. New theme engine should be present too
    cm-11-20140720-UNOFFICIAL-tf201
    cm-11-20140825-UNOFFICIAL-tf201 GPS Dongle should work in this build.
    cm-11-20140926-UNOFFICIAL-tf201

Stuff That's Broke:
    Camera
    GPS (Internal)
    Other stuff that I don't know about because I just don't use this tablet apart from the odd youtube video and ebook while doing a poop.

Sources:

Androidroot team
    TF700T contributors
    Device overlay: https://github.com/namidairo/android_device_asus_tf201/tree/cm-11.0
    Kernel: https://github.com/namidairo/android_kernel_asus_tf201/tree/cm-11.0
    GPS Wrapper: https://github.com/namidairo/gps_wrapper_tf201
    ...and this one patch for frameworks/native http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/54257/

Donations:

To your favourite charity?
    Alternatively, you could buy me a beer: bitcoin:1F5prCsZWqookVYuSiHojaRbqgiTaY9Rs1

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanogenmod 11.0 Unofficial TF201, ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime

Contributors
    Namidairo, Androidroot, Cyanogenmod
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-12-29
    Last Updated 2014-09-26
    http://i.imgur.com/U4msyvx.png

Only things I have working at the moment is it booting, sound, bluetooth and wifi...

I can probably do the camera fairly quickly, not sure what's going on with the h/w accelerated decoding...

Whoops missed a patch, camera and h/w accel work now.
    That whole power button thing is fixed in the next build. Which I will upload... whenever I wake up.
    i got this running, it is quicker to open apps otherwise the same.
    but i have a question is this a one time type of build or will the newer lollipop versions also have f2fs support?

Probably going to make the lollipop builds f2fs, as my experience seems to be positive.

This is your warning to backup your stuff guys :p
    Well, I got around to changing up the releasetools.

No more double kernel weirdness that would have been overwriting stuff it shouldn't have in some devices. (It should have never been writing directly to mmcblk0p10, that's a sure way to mess **** up.)

That and I removed the horrendously old prebuilt kernel, since I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have booted anyway (I think it was there since ICS), and since prebuilts are deprecated and confusing anyway.

New build will be up whenever it's done uploading. (Them 1mbit upload speeds... Mmmm Australia.)

Edit: It's up.