[ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy SL - 20160705

Search This thread

Siddhant Shankpal

Aug 8, 2011
Hyderabad
Hello guys!
Two issues faced on latest build:

1.Got some issue with the music playback. When I try to play songs using Apollo or player pro music app it gets stuck, stops responding & don't play any music. I force stopped the music apps & kept the phone idle for sometime. When I checked the battery after sometime, media server was consuming the battery.
Is anybody facing this issue with music playback..pls test & reply.
Media server stopped consuming battery when I restarted the phone manually.

2. When I switch off the WiFi it still shows in the battery status that it's been switched on all the time..check this also pls.
TIA.

Thanks a lot for ur hard work Dhiru! U r really great as a developer! Hats off!! :)

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SL - XDA app

cittarito

Dec 14, 2013
I found the same problem with my apollo player and dsp manager,its suddenly stopped and can't play anymore until i reboot the phone.
and it consumed too much battery ...

shaktishekhar

Apr 10, 2012
Mumbai
sgatechwork.blogspot.in
I found the same problem with my apollo player and dsp manager,its suddenly stopped and can't play anymore until i reboot the phone.
and it consumed too much battery ...

Never faced issue like that dsn working awesome.. it just that am nt using apolo use some other alternative app like power amp n all its use its own lib to dcode.. tracks no crash music awesome no batter drain at all .. awesome battery backup in new update :D batter drain fix.. i put ma phone on flight mode n slept last night n saw just 1% battery drain in 6 hr ~

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Hello guys!

1.Got some issue with the music playback. When I try to play songs using Apollo or player pro music app it gets stuck, stops responding & don't play any music. I force stopped the music apps & kept the phone idle for sometime. When I checked the battery after sometime, media server was consuming the battery.

2. When I switch off the WiFi it still shows in the battery status that it's been switched on all the time..check this also pls.
TIA.

Thanks a lot for ur hard work Dhiru! U r really great as a developer! Hats off!! :)

Check wifi setting... uncheck options there... and use alternativ music player like power amp etc

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

msdl

Sep 28, 2012
Hello

My Internal Memory is damaged and removed from my phone so in any ROM I flash I must flash SwapSD in order to work

How To SwapSD in this ROM Please ??

jitendragarg

Oct 9, 2011
First off, thanks Dhiru for great update. Battery usage for mobile radio is great now. :highfive:

As always, I tested the rom for last 2 days. Here are few notes:

1) Play store and apps are not able to find the wifi connection. I will try to delete wifi settings to see if that solves it.

2) There is a wakelock which stops phone from going to sleep. "Suspend_backoff" is the name, but there is no other information. Not sure, what it is, but it happens after a couple hours of deep sleep. Phone woke up from deep sleep (no external event like calls, or reminders) and stayed as such for 7 straight hours.

3) This is a big issue, so keeping it on bold. (Apparently) Phone doesn't cut off charging after getting charged to 100%. Normally, I forget to unplug charger, and whenever I unplug it, phone has 90% or so battery. This time, phone was on 100% exact every time I unplugged it.

So, I need some suggestion about the charging issue. How do I make sure that phone is cutting off charge after 100%? I don't want to fry my phone by mistake.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Open file commander. Go to /system. There is a file called build.prop. Open it, scroll to the end. In the 4-5 line from the end, there is "ro_low_ram=true" or similar. Just change it to false, and save the file. Reboot and enjoy. Also, note that you have to do this after flashing the update, every time.

tejadakenneth

Jul 30, 2012
First off, thanks Dhiru for great update. Battery usage for mobile radio is great now. :highfive:

As always, I tested the rom for last 2 days. Here are few notes:

1) Play store and apps are not able to find the wifi connection. I will try to delete wifi settings to see if that solves it.

2) There is a wakelock which stops phone from going to sleep. "Suspend_backoff" is the name, but there is no other information. Not sure, what it is, but it happens after a couple hours of deep sleep. Phone woke up from deep sleep (no external event like calls, or reminders) and stayed as such for 7 straight hours.

3) This is a big issue, so keeping it on bold. (Apparently) Phone doesn't cut off charging after getting charged to 100%. Normally, I forget to unplug charger, and whenever I unplug it, phone has 90% or so battery. This time, phone was on 100% exact every time I unplugged it.

So, I need some suggestion about the charging issue. How do I make sure that phone is cutting off charge after 100%? I don't want to fry my phone by mistake.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Open file commander. Go to /system. There is a file called build.prop. Open it, scroll to the end. In the 4-5 line from the end, there is "ro_low_ram=true" or similar. Just change it to false, and save the file. Reboot and enjoy. Also, note that you have to do this after flashing the update, every time.

i found a ro.config.low_raw=true is it similar??

p.s okay i can't open my phone. after the samsung logo doesn't load. only the backlight HELP!!!

Last edited:

cakdavid

Apr 1, 2011
Gresik

p.s okay i can't open my phone. after the samsung logo doesn't load. only the backlight HELP!!!

Me too, after edit build.prop then reboot I got only backlight. so you have to reflash this CM11. pull out battery and put it again. go to recovery mode by pressing volume up+power+home button. then flash CM11 again. good luck.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jitendragarg

Oct 9, 2011

yes, that is the one. ro.config.low_ram. Also, are you sure, you didn't make any spelling mistake? I did once and that caused the bootloop.

Anyway, to solve it is simple. Just flash the same zip file again. No need for factory reset, or anything at all. Simply boot into recovery, select the zip file and install again. It will save your settings as is, and will update the system files. Make sure to use the same build as the one you have.

After that, change the low_ram value again, but make sure to not make any other changes.

alejandro.pastrana

Jul 10, 2012
yes, that is the one. ro.config.low_ram. Also, are you sure, you didn't make any spelling mistake? I did once and that caused the bootloop.

Anyway, to solve it is simple. Just flash the same zip file again. No need for factory reset, or anything at all. Simply boot into recovery, select the zip file and install again. It will save your settings as is, and will update the system files. Make sure to use the same build as the one you have.

After that, change the low_ram value again, but make sure to not make any other changes.

Hi everybody:

Can anybody tell the differences of using lowram settings or not? Apart from transparent status bar, are there more differences? Also, does anybody know the free RAM impact of using transparent status bar?

Thanks in advance

Regards

jitendragarg

Oct 9, 2011
Hi everybody:

Can anybody tell the differences of using lowram settings or not? Apart from transparent status bar, are there more differences? Also, does anybody know the free RAM impact of using transparent status bar?

Thanks in advance

Regards

you can also enable lock screen widgets. apart from that, I haven't found any other use. And it just takes 20mb extra for me (after reboot, no extra app or widget running), with both transparent status bar, and lock screen widget turned on.

Reactions: alejandro.pastrana

tranceformat

Mar 16, 2013
Chisinau
Hello guys!

TIA.

1. same problem with Apollo and I have, need to reboot my phone to play music again :(

2. for wifi go to settings>wifi>menu>advanced> uncheck the "Scanning always available" ..
this helped me when I had this problem.

cheears ;)

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Me too, after edit build.prop then reboot I got only backlight. so you have to reflash this CM11. pull out battery and put it again. go to recovery mode by pressing volume up+power+home button. then flash CM11 again. good luck.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yes if you reflash again this mean that you replace the build.prop with new one and nothing will happen...

on CM 11 build.prop cant be edited from phone (I dont know why) only on compiuter you need to navigate to system folder in the .zip file and open and edit settings..

Last edited:

xGiox

Jul 10, 2011
Belgrade
build prop edit

For everyone who is facing the bug that phone wont boot after changing lowram to false,use root explorer edit the line to false,delete .bak file,power of phone and then power on.Solved bug for me.

varunthapliyal999

Aug 8, 2010
Dehradun
Hello guys!

TIA.

I use NexMusic and I have the same problem.So I don't think that the problem is associated to apollo.Also I tried disabling DSP Manager but it didn't help, and the problem occurs randomly so it's quite hard to get a log.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT!

* PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE FLASHING THE ROM.

Bug Reports
    * REPORT BUGS IN THE TOPIC ONLY.
    * DON'T SEND ME PM MESSAGES ABOUT BUGS OR FEATURE REQUESTS.
    * ONLY REPORT THE BUGS IN CM11. I DON'T PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR OTHER ROMS. POST IN THEIR RESPECTIVE THREADS.
    * IF YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM KERNEL, FIRST CHECK WITH THE STOCK KERNEL AND THEN REPORT THE BUG.

Downloads
    ROM Downloads

Google Apps
    Download the Pico Modular Package to save space on the system partition.

Changelog
    Android Security patch level - 1st June 2016

Android Security patch level - 1st April 2016
    Improved multitasking ability
    Upstream Changes.

Upstream changes.

Upstream changes.

Updated to 4.4.4
    Pull in changes from NamelessROM
    Improved Video Recording
    Fixed media playback issues.

Upstream Changes

Upstream changes.

Fixed front camera recording issues.
    Upstream Changes.

Optimized CPU speed when screen off
    Bluetooth HID support
    Upstream updates.

Fixed issues with Audio and Media Playback
    Upstream changes.

Upstream changes.

Upstream changes.

Bought back battery changes from 20140120 build
    Fixed Compass
    Fixed media playback.
    Upstream changes.

Upstream changes.

Reverted battery driver changes.
    Upstream changes.

Fixed Battery Drain
    Fixed WiFI Tethering

Installation Instructions

IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE FLASHING!
    1. If you flash this ROM from Stock ROM, it will wipe data due to different partitioning. The device would reboot while flashing and resume again.
    2. Once on this ROM, the most effective way of going back to any other ROM would be to repartition from Odin.
    3. While converting the filesystem, your efs that has your IMEI is backed up to /emmc/backup/efs. Keep a backup on your PC just in case.
    4. Incase if you don't get a network signal, check if your IMEI and Baseband are proper. If not, go back to stock and try again.
    5. Do NOT use Odin to flash Modems. Due to different partitions, Odin will screw up your existing MTD setup.

Stock ROM
    1. Flash CWM Compatible Kernel (CF ROOT)
    2. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Any other AOSP ROM (CM7/MIUI/CM9)
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Upgrading from previous versions of CM10
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    2. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    3. Flash Google Apps.
    4. Reboot

https://github.com/dhiru1602

codeworkx
    sconosciuto
    The Google Apps package doesn't include Google Home, Google+, Hangouts and Face Detection.
    It's a good news that our device has been featured in the XDA Portal.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to our device to make it live.
    @Adi_Pat, @DooMLoRD, @hillbeast, @waleedq, @codeworkx, @loSconosciuto , @LoLaTiOn

2.6.36 kernel to 3.0.101 kernel
    2.2.1 Froyo to 4.4.2 Kikat.
    A new build is out.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone