[ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy SL - 20160705

Search This thread

jutopa

Mar 2, 2011
Thanks for the response.

Anyway, here is what happened since yesterday. I tried taking log, but phone reboots if I try it. So, that's out of question. Anyway, I checked battery stats and thought of taking screenshots, phone rebooted again. But, I was able to go through the stats myself, and apart from suspend_backoff wakelock, nothing stands out. This happens only when I plug in the charger, and never else. If I don't plug in the charger, phone works wonderfully.

So, today, I tried charging the phone while switched off (to make sure it was not the build issue). And guess what, it didn't. Phone kept displaying that charging icon with 0% battery, for 1hour it was plugged in. Apparently it is the issue with kernel that I am facing, and not specific to the build.

And the only thing that happened and may be the cause of the issue, is me flashing the latest build. Before that, I was enjoying the same 0209 build. After moving to 0222 build, issue popped up, so I moved back to 0209 build. Now, I am facing the same issue on 0209 build as well.

Only sad thing is that, I am unable to get my phone charged to 50% to do a backup and clean flash.

Edit:

I did a clean flash of 0209 build, and it is the same problem again. I have done nothing but install a couple apps, and changed basic settings. Not sure, what's wrong now.

Man, I had a similar problem with battery and charging, but something more related with SODS and also happened after installed certain build, and don't know why can go back no matter how many wipes and flashing I do. You can go back in post and check if you want but no one answered
Now I have a similar problem. I plugged my phone all night. Reach 100%. Unplugged and almost instantly get a SOD.
So I reboot the phone and found it on only 66% of charge... Three nights in a row with this problem.
There's definitely something wrong with battery with latest builds.
Tomorrow will try to bring logs (already done with my latest problem, mentioned before) , but it will really help if some dev throw us a bone with this..

Enviado desde mi SM-T210R mediante Tapatalk

jitendragarg

Oct 9, 2011
Man, I had a similar problem with battery and charging, but something more related with SODS and also happened after installed certain build, and don't know why can go back no matter how many wipes and flashing I do. You can go back in post and check if you want but no one answered
Now I have a similar problem. I plugged my phone all night. Reach 100%. Unplugged and almost instantly get a SOD.
So I reboot the phone and found it on only 66% of charge... Three nights in a row with this problem.
There's definitely something wrong with battery with latest builds.
Tomorrow will try to bring logs (already done with my latest problem, mentioned before) , but it will really help if some dev throw us a bone with this..

Enviado desde mi SM-T210R mediante Tapatalk

I have no idea either. Formatted everything multiple times, and I am back at same problem. Although, if phone somehow charges to 100%, it works fine. Till then, I am never sure what will happen.

Although, I plan to post battery stats and kmsg logs later this week for others to go through. Maybe someone will find something I missed, I am travelling today, so here I am hoping phone don't act crazy for next 3 days.

suripape

Jan 30, 2014
massive battery drain

I am using 2202 build, did a clean install from DDLF2.
I am facing battery drain and SODs
last night I charged the phone to 97% and kept it in sleep state, but in the morning battery dropped to 15%.
I am attaching the screenshot of battery status
n look what is the cause of the drain:
clock!
I mean clock used up 45% of the battery.
CLOCK????
CLOCK and the OS??
does anybody have a solution to this problem,I don't want my battery to get pregnant.

I request the developer to look into the matter urgently.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-07-11-13-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-07-11-13-38.png
    89 KB · Views: 268

cukierkas

May 26, 2010
Just guessing, clock tried to get your location. Have disabled the clock's wake locks? Getting the same, when trying to disable certain wake locks.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Hahahaha thats the best solution but i can't live without i 9003 i am addicted to it

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

So stop grizzle and enjoy kk. Or return to GB to have a happy childhood.

Last edited:

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am using 2202 build, did a clean install from DDLF2.
I am facing battery drain and SODs
last night I charged the phone to 97% and kept it in sleep state, but in the morning battery dropped to 15%.
I am attaching the screenshot of battery status
n look what is the cause of the drain:
clock!
I mean clock used up 45% of the battery.
CLOCK????
CLOCK and the OS??
does anybody have a solution to this problem,I don't want my battery to get pregnant.

I request the developer to look into the matter urgently.

gadurequ.jpg

No battery drain here, its more than battery dreams:thumbup::eek::eek:

vishal24387

Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra
20th jan build???

As 22th Feb build has media related problem so I am using 9th Feb build. Something is terribly wrong with 9th Feb build. Phone suddenly reboot now and then without any reason. There is no specific situation which define specific activity responsible for reboot.

I am looking for 20th Jan build which was the most stable build so far. But I am not able find its download link. Please somebody provide me its download link.

MaelStorm16

Jan 2, 2014
This rom has media problem.. I cant play music, video .. I had to force stop media from /setting/app. Please fix

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Get a new phone ;)

I use battery saver(root) from play store by gejos enterprise.. It very good..

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: cukierkas

manojks256

Nov 13, 2011
As 22th Feb build has media related problem so I am using 9th Feb build. Something is terribly wrong with 9th Feb build. Phone suddenly reboot now and then without any reason. There is no specific situation which define specific activity responsible for reboot.

I am looking for 20th Jan build which was the most stable build so far. But I am not able find its download link. Please somebody provide me its download link.

Hey!!! here it is

http://www.a3mania.com/cyanogenmod/cm-11-20140120-UNOFFICIAL-galaxysl.zip

~Manoj Kapuganti

Reactions: acuicultor
Nov 27, 2012
20140309 build dirty flash

Thanks Dhiru for the new build.

Did a dirty flash on top of cleanly flashed 22/02 .

1. mp3 playback through apollo doesn't work. Apollo crashes when we tap on play button.
-might get resolved with clean flash.
2.cameras front/back/video recording/panorama works well.
3.Need to test more for battery back up and SODs.

Reactions: -vadik-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT!

* PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE FLASHING THE ROM.

Bug Reports
    * REPORT BUGS IN THE TOPIC ONLY.
    * DON'T SEND ME PM MESSAGES ABOUT BUGS OR FEATURE REQUESTS.
    * ONLY REPORT THE BUGS IN CM11. I DON'T PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR OTHER ROMS. POST IN THEIR RESPECTIVE THREADS.
    * IF YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM KERNEL, FIRST CHECK WITH THE STOCK KERNEL AND THEN REPORT THE BUG.

Downloads
    ROM Downloads

Google Apps
    Download the Pico Modular Package to save space on the system partition.

Changelog
    Android Security patch level - 1st June 2016

Android Security patch level - 1st April 2016
    Improved multitasking ability
    Upstream Changes.

Upstream changes.

Upstream changes.

Updated to 4.4.4
    Pull in changes from NamelessROM
    Improved Video Recording
    Fixed media playback issues.

Upstream Changes

Upstream changes.

Fixed front camera recording issues.
    Upstream Changes.

Optimized CPU speed when screen off
    Bluetooth HID support
    Upstream updates.

Fixed issues with Audio and Media Playback
    Upstream changes.

Upstream changes.

Upstream changes.

Bought back battery changes from 20140120 build
    Fixed Compass
    Fixed media playback.
    Upstream changes.

Upstream changes.

Reverted battery driver changes.
    Upstream changes.

Fixed Battery Drain
    Fixed WiFI Tethering

Installation Instructions

IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE FLASHING!
    1. If you flash this ROM from Stock ROM, it will wipe data due to different partitioning. The device would reboot while flashing and resume again.
    2. Once on this ROM, the most effective way of going back to any other ROM would be to repartition from Odin.
    3. While converting the filesystem, your efs that has your IMEI is backed up to /emmc/backup/efs. Keep a backup on your PC just in case.
    4. Incase if you don't get a network signal, check if your IMEI and Baseband are proper. If not, go back to stock and try again.
    5. Do NOT use Odin to flash Modems. Due to different partitions, Odin will screw up your existing MTD setup.

Stock ROM
    1. Flash CWM Compatible Kernel (CF ROOT)
    2. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Any other AOSP ROM (CM7/MIUI/CM9)
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Upgrading from previous versions of CM10
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    2. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    3. Flash Google Apps.
    4. Reboot

https://github.com/dhiru1602

codeworkx
    sconosciuto
    The Google Apps package doesn't include Google Home, Google+, Hangouts and Face Detection.
    It's a good news that our device has been featured in the XDA Portal.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to our device to make it live.
    @Adi_Pat, @DooMLoRD, @hillbeast, @waleedq, @codeworkx, @loSconosciuto , @LoLaTiOn

2.6.36 kernel to 3.0.101 kernel
    2.2.1 Froyo to 4.4.2 Kikat.
    A new build is out.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone