[ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 - (no bigPart)

Search This thread

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
I present to you, CyanogenMod 11 for non bigPart users!

First of all a massive thanks to @Schischu for bringing CM11 to the xoom, this would not be possible regardless of whether he made it for bigPart or not! So please hop over to his thread and give him some praise!

I have recompiled his sources without the bigPart patch and have removed some things in order for it to fit into our ~250mb /system

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, 
 * or anything unexpected that may happen to your device!
 * You are choosing to make these modifications, 
 * if your device turns into a paperweight then it is your fault!

Download
04/07/2014
http://d-h.st/xuv

GApps
Use Banks Core GApps, found here: http://d-h.st/Yi6

This is currently for Wingray users only (or those who don't mind not having data), I will look into possibly making this for Stingray and Everest users but no promises as I am only a Wingray user.

Installation

Flash ROM
Flash Gapps
Profit!

What's removed?

Code:
/system/app/apollo
/system/app/calculator
/system/app/calendar
/system/app/CMwallpapers
/system/app/CMfilemanager
/system/appDeskclock
/system/app/email
/system/app/exchange2
/system/app/latinime (stripped)
/system/app/lockclock
/system/app/videoeditor
/system/app/dspmanager
/system/priv-app/dialer
/system/priv-app/teleservice
/system/priv-app/contacts
/system/priv-app/mms
/system/media/audio
/system/fonts/droidsansfallback
/system/fonts/notocolorenoji
/system/fonts/MTLmr3m
/system/fonts/NanumGothic
/system/fonts/LBha****aComplexSans-Bold
/system/fonts/droidserif-(bold,bolditalic,italic,regular)

Credits and Thanks:
Schischu
bigrushdog
All who contributed to the bigPart research too

Last edited:

superbay

Jun 28, 2010
Wonosari

First of all a massive thanks to @Schischu for bringing CM11 to the xoom, this would not be possible regardless of whether he made it for bigPart or not! So please hop over to his thread and give him some praise!

I have recompiled his sources without the bigPart patch and have removed some thing in order for it to fit into our ~250mb /system

Gapps I have yet to look at, give me some time and I will look into the best solution for us!

Your warranty is now void!

Download: http://d-h.st/JbB

This is currently for Wingray users only (or those who don't mind not having data), I will look into possibly making this for Stingray and Everest users but no promises as I am only a Wingray user.

Credits and Thanks:
Schischu
bigrushdog

Well you've really done it matt :)
I guess no one has xoom with warranty now since it's been discontinued a while ago :D
So how if I flash this one in a repartitioned system? Would it make a difference? A bit snappier maybe? Hope the everest could come :D
I wonder how you would do the trick for gapps. You will only have so little space for it after the system. Gotta keep wishing the best for this one :)

Last edited:

matt4321

Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
Well you've really done it matt :)
I guess no one has xoom with warranty now since it's been discontinued a while ago :D
So how if I flash this one in a repartitioned system? Would it make a difference? A bit snappier maybe? Hope the everest could come :D
I wonder how you would do the trick for gapps. You will only have so little space for it after the system. Gotta keep wishing the best for this one :)

this is true haha!

there would be no point in flashing this if you have upgraded to the new system partition. This has some things cut out and won't be able to support full gapps.

This is mainly for people who can't/won't upgrade to bigPart due to any reason.

Gapps, I'm looking at tonight tomorrow, it'll probably be a very minimal package with just play store and a few other things, everything else can go on /data

there wouldn't be any difference in performance between this and the bigPart version

thenemis

Apr 7, 2012
thankyou.
i removed all livewallpaper , and lost flashplayer. but this rom is awesome

Spikexp31

Dec 8, 2013
Thank you so much matt4321, your rom rocks for those who don't want to modify patitions (installed on mine since the 4th of Feb.).

I had also this problem with Android (AOSP) keyboard because i switched to French but I disabled this embedded keyboard and I simply did an adb install googlekeyboard.apk. That was enough to get rid of this little issue. But for sure I could have add missing components too :angel:.

I took also email.apk and exchange2.apk from Omnirom image :)laugh:) and push them through adb too. Works really well.

My MZ604 is running fine and I use it everyday at work !
Tested : HDMI on tv, otg cable + usb\hdd, camera front\rear, wifi, streaming from my synology, videos, books. All ok.

Now, I don't get why people are using bigpart!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Aphex33

matt4321

Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
Thank you so much matt4321, your rom rocks for those who don't want to modify patitions (installed on mine since the 4th of Feb.).

I had also this problem with Android (AOSP) keyboard because i switched to French but I disabled this embedded keyboard and I simply did an adb install googlekeyboard.apk. That was enough to get rid of this little issue. But for sure I could have add missing components too :angel:.

I took also email.apk and exchange2.apk from Omnirom image :)laugh:) and push them through adb too. Works really well.

My MZ604 is running fine and I use it everyday at work !
Tested : HDMI on tv, otg cable + usb\hdd, camera front\rear, wifi, streaming from my synology, videos, books. All ok.

Now, I don't get why people are using bigpart!!!

no worries, glad you're using it and enjoying it! I may upload the thing's I removed so people can download them and squeeze them in if they want!

I can see the advantage of bigPart, a fuller gapps and everything can be included! it does have it's benefits. but I guess some people don't want to make the risky procedure to carry it out

Aphex33

Nov 15, 2010
Winnipeg
Thx for this, surprisingly running quite solid. Any suggestions for a good trusted email app???

Sent from my Xoom Wifi using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rw6497

Sep 17, 2008
Anyone having random locks? Rom works very well except every so often it locks upwhere I haveto do manual reboot. Any suggestions ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have recompiled his sources without the bigPart patch and have removed some things in order for it to fit into our ~250mb /system

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, 
     * or anything unexpected that may happen to your device!
     * You are choosing to make these modifications, 
     * if your device turns into a paperweight then it is your fault!

Download
    04/07/2014
    http://d-h.st/xuv

GApps
    Use Banks Core GApps, found here: http://d-h.st/Yi6

Installation

Flash ROM
    Flash Gapps
    Profit!

What's removed?

Code:
    /system/app/apollo
    /system/app/calculator
    /system/app/calendar
    /system/app/CMwallpapers
    /system/app/CMfilemanager
    /system/appDeskclock
    /system/app/email
    /system/app/exchange2
    /system/app/latinime (stripped)
    /system/app/lockclock
    /system/app/videoeditor
    /system/app/dspmanager
    /system/priv-app/dialer
    /system/priv-app/teleservice
    /system/priv-app/contacts
    /system/priv-app/mms
    /system/media/audio
    /system/fonts/droidsansfallback
    /system/fonts/notocolorenoji
    /system/fonts/MTLmr3m
    /system/fonts/NanumGothic
    /system/fonts/LBha****aComplexSans-Bold
    /system/fonts/droidserif-(bold,bolditalic,italic,regular)

Credits and Thanks:
    Schischu
    bigrushdog
    12/05/14 Update Compiled!

Back at home and got my hands on my Xoom so could test a build!

Here it is: http://d-h.st/qxN

Enjoy :)

OmniROM will come soon
    06/02/14 update compiled: http://d-h.st/GXz

it's a bit smaller, everything now comes to ~244mb, and now will always be around there, I did this so that if updated features and new CM things come through there is plenty of space to have them

enjoy
    Update compiled, made it slightly smaller and found a GApps solution! It all comes to ~248mb
    here is a minor update: http://d-h.st/9SF

It enables transparent navbar and status bar on the launcher like in the GEL