[ROM][4.4.4][DISCONTINUED]Oreo For Galaxy y V2 BETA [Pixelmod Remix 4.4.4 O]

Search This thread

Ragedpixel

Dec 27, 2019
Faridabad, Haryana
I recommend using my cm12 themed rom first
Yes actually your ROM has a more stable kernel if you want to try these are the most stable CM11 Roms Ranked:

1. Stock CM11 [Stable and the fastest]
2. Oreo for Galaxy y (v1) [Very Stable][OC]
3. His cm12 ROM [Very Stable]
4. CMx11 [Stable][OC]
5. Oreo for Galaxy y (v2) [between usable and unstable] [OC]
6. cdDroid [not very stable]
7. Fi UI (I guess) [not very stable]

Ragedpixel

Dec 27, 2019
Faridabad, Haryana
Yes actually your ROM has a more stable kernel if you want to try these are the most stable CM11 Roms Ranked:

4. CMx11 [Stable][OC]

Oh actually I forgot the fastest and the best cm11 ROMs are:

1.DM[OHPP] (THE FASTEST CM11 ROM I HAVE EVER USED)

2.Stock CM11 [Stable and the fastest]

3.DM2[OHPP] (VERSION 2 (LOLLIPOP THEMED) OF THE FASTEST ROM!

4. Oreo for Galaxy y (v1) [Very Stable][OC]

5. His cm12 ROM [Very Stable]

6. CMx11 [Stable][OC]

7. Oreo for Galaxy y (v2) [between usable and unstable] [OC]

8. cdDroid [not very stable]

9. Fi UI (I guess) [not very stable]

Is there any custom ROM , made for this phone, the S5360 , that's above kitkat 4.4 ?
I dont mean as in a skinned 4.4 to look like nougat or lolipop or anything else, but an actual higher android version?
No, there isn't, this device is armv6, an organization tried to bringup android 5.0, but they couldn't..So you have to use this kitkat

Ragedpixel

Dec 27, 2019
Faridabad, Haryana
Is there any custom ROM , made for this phone, the S5360 , that's above kitkat 4.4 ?
I dont mean as in a skinned 4.4 to look like nougat or lolipop or anything else, but an actual higher android version?
sadly art isn't compatible with armv6 and android versions above kitkat use art as the default runtime. Till kitkat we used dalvik as default..in short no there is no and wont be any newer version of android for our GT-S5360

Reactions: notnoelchannel

CurlyBlonde

Got it, thank's you guys, in this case, is there any KitKat rom that's not as heavy skinned as I presume that slows it down since it's so low spec, and most importantly, is there any rom that still maintains the FM Radio app ? Or is there any fm radio app that works on these phones with the kitkat android ?

Ragedpixel

Dec 27, 2019
Faridabad, Haryana
Got it, thank's you guys, in this case, is there any KitKat rom that's not as heavy skinned as I presume that slows it down since it's so low spec, and most importantly, is there any rom that still maintains the FM Radio app ? Or is there any fm radio app that works on these phones with the kitkat android ?
here you go: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ntains-for-samsung-galaxy-y-gt-s5360.3708499/

best rom based on cm11 in terms of performance and stability

Ragedpixel

Dec 27, 2019
Faridabad, Haryana
Reactions: notnoelchannel

CurlyBlonde

Thank you , gave it a try but no FM Radio app on that rom and I dont know what FM Radio apk works on kit kat roms.

I made a PIT file that repartitions the device to fit many things
Here's the thing about it: You can install GApps on CM12 themed ROM finally!

You can find the PIT here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...om-for-samsung-galaxy-y.4339763/post-86967127

Partition nameStock sizeNoel's PIT file's size
SYSTEM230MB300MB
DATA197MB112MB
CACHE40MB20MB
BOOT5MB7MB

This is great, I like that you're still working on this phone, does this mean that the phone can now log into Google accounts and use youtube & stuff like that?

I've only recently got this phone as a gift, so I have no experience with it, I like the fact that it's so tiny & wanted to use it as a media player for the radio and random youtube video , but it's so weird to me that you guys used to "skin" kitkat and make it look like other android versions, I get the "look" part but sadly nowdays there aint a lot of popular apps , like whatsapp for example, that still work on kitkat, are there? So what about the functionality ? Or given that the phone was low specs even back in the day, that wasnt really a concern ?
Was SWAP not a thing on these devices? I mean to get the partition on the SD card and use that for RAM memory .

Anyhow , added it to the collection 💗

20220601_2015572.jpg

Last edited:

Ragedpixel

Dec 27, 2019
Faridabad, Haryana
Thank you , gave it a try but no FM Radio app on that rom and I dont know what FM Radio apk works on kit kat roms.

This is great, I like that you're still working on this phone, does this mean that the phone can now log into Google accounts and use youtube & stuff like that?

I've only recently got this phone as a gift, so I have no experience with it, I like the fact that it's so tiny & wanted to use it as a media player for the radio and random youtube video , but it's so weird to me that you guys used to "skin" kitkat and make it look like other android versions, I get the "look" part but sadly nowdays there aint a lot of popular apps , like whatsapp for example, that still work on kitkat, are there? So what about the functionality ? Or given that the phone was low specs even back in the day, that wasnt really a concern ?
Was SWAP not a thing on these devices? I mean to get the partition on the SD card and use that for RAM memory .

View attachment 5628373
You don't really need google apps install these two apps: Aurora Store (A play store client) and Newpipe (a youtube client) these work without google play services. Also you can use F-Droid (An Open-Source Apps store) All these apps above are open source...I use Arch BTW

Reactions: justin bi

Ragedpixel

Dec 27, 2019
Faridabad, Haryana

View attachment 5628373
You can use Gapps without re-partitioning the pit file, and for the other question you can use telegram on it and instagram works too...We made themed ROMs to experience a better UI and the performance of the ROM is good too as it does not really add any heavy functionality. I was going to build a really good CM11 ROM for Galaxy y with a lot of performance tweaks but sadly before I could complete it my Sgy died

CurlyBlonde

Yeh, I should of thought about aurora & fdroid , thank you for reminding me .
I'll give it another go in the weekend , see what use I can get from it.
So,is development completly dead for it ?
As in, 4.4 was the last thing one could do to it and that's that, nothing else to improve on?

CurlyBlonde

Another thing I wanted to ask you guys was this, I found a nice cute apk that acts like a launcher of sorts and turns the majority of the UI into a windows like desktop , I've included it below, it seems to work regardless of the android version, tried it on 2.3.6 as well as 4.4 but sadly it requires some sort of authentification and by now the servers are dead , did you guys know about it ? Is there anywhere you can find it in full version?

Attachments

• 20220526_163939.jpg
    20220526_163939.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220526_163821.jpg
    20220526_163821.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220526_163825.jpg
    20220526_163825.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220526_163845.jpg
    20220526_163845.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 6
  • AndroidWindows7.apk
    2.5 MB · Views: 3

Ragedpixel

Dec 27, 2019
Faridabad, Haryana
Another thing I wanted to ask you guys was this, I found a nice cute apk that acts like a launcher of sorts and turns the majority of the UI into a windows like desktop , I've included it below, it seems to work regardless of the android version, tried it on 2.3.6 as well as 4.4 but sadly it requires some sort of authentification and by now the servers are dead , did you guys know about it ? Is there anywhere you can find it in full version?
I have used it before, download it from another link it will work sometimes the apks provided are not properly patched. ain't a fan of windows really, also the app has a minimum sdk version lower or equal to 9 thats why it can run on 2.3.6, the app is old I expected that. Coming to the other question yes there is a lot to improve but the experienced devs aint there anymore I thought of doing something big but before I could my galaxy y died. So I can't really help much in development and stuff with this device anymore...

P.S: I use Arch Linux BTW

CurlyBlonde

I have used it before, download it from another link it will work sometimes the apks provided are not properly patched. ain't a fan of windows really, also the app has a minimum sdk version lower or equal to 9 thats why it can run on 2.3.6, the app is old I expected that. Coming to the other question yes there is a lot to improve but the experienced devs aint there anymore I thought of doing something big but before I could my galaxy y died. So I can't really help much in development and stuff with this device anymore...

P.S: I use Arch Linux BTW
What is Arch Linux ? A rom for this phone?

Edit : oh nevermind, you said you dont like Windows, so you're using Linux
*blonde moment*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a PIT file that repartitions the device to fit many things
    Here's the thing about it: You can install GApps on CM12 themed ROM finally!

You can find the PIT here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...om-for-samsung-galaxy-y.4339763/post-86967127

Partition nameStock sizeNoel's PIT file's size
    SYSTEM230MB300MB
    DATA197MB112MB
    CACHE40MB20MB
    BOOT5MB7MB
    you could install previously too but hey! good for u

View attachment 5628373
    You don't really need google apps install these two apps: Aurora Store (A play store client) and Newpipe (a youtube client) these work without google play services. Also you can use F-Droid (An Open-Source Apps store) All these apps above are open source...I use Arch BTW
    THIS PROJECT IS DISCONTINUED AS MY GALAXY Y IS DEAD AND WONT RECIEVE ANY NEW UPDATES SORRY FAREWELL SGY

Hey Guys! As Pixelmod remix 4.4.4 O Stable V2 is taking time more than it should so we decided to share the BETA!
    This is stable enough for daily use. We are trying to release the stable build as fast as possible!

Project Name changed from Pixelmod Remix 15.1 to Pixelmod Remix 4.4.4 O!

Also get the latest update from me new beta updates and the stable build before anyone even before XDA join for games apps and Exclusive Roms
    here

Features!!!
    --Faster than stock cm11 (All because of cmx11)
    --Zipaligned and Optimized
    --Google Play Music!
    --Included Samurai Kernel
    --Nova launcher (Pixel themed)
    --Oreo EasterEgg
    --Marshmallow Game Modded and themed Like Oreo
    --GBoard themed keyboard(Choose Material theme in settings)
    --Color Emojis
    --Mixplorer (The best file explorer)
    --Google Camera
    --Tinted xposed module
    --Material Animations
    --Material Spinners
    --Material Progressbar styles (Oreo dark)
    --Ripple Effects(Non smali-PNG series method)
    --Oreo themed Dialer
    --Oreo themed Contacts app
    --Google Messages themed Messaging app
    --Google Keep themed memo app
    --Full New Ui
    --Material themed Incoming Call UI
    --Oreo recent apps panel
    --Oreo Settings app
    --Performance optimized
    --Pure LDPI framework and apps for best performance on 4.4+
    --Material SystemUI
    --Dynamic Tinting
    --Google Clock!
    --Oreo Boot animation
    --Pixel themed Nova Launcher
    --Google Play music
    --Partition Supported! [Now Increase storage and download more apps and Games!]
    --Google Chrome [Next Browser mod]
    --Google Camera
    --Material Status bar [Switch between Nougat theme, Oreo Theme and Ex theme]
    --Pixel themed Navigation Bars
    --Video Camera [Now record videos with over 40+ Filters, Effects and Masks]
    --Pie Control
    --Better recent Panal
    --Amazing Gestures
    --App lock
    --Round Oreo Icons (New!)
    --New Ui
    --Zipaligned and Optimized
    --Samurai Kernel
    --And More stuff!

Bugs!!

--After every boot video camera needs to be re installed
    --Nav bars in Horizontal alignment are bugged
    --To apply the status bar there is a special way because of our device is a bit weak.
    --App lock needs to be re installed after the first boot

Changelog!

--Removed Eggster droid
    --New clock
    --New dialer
    --New contacts
    --New SystemUi
    -- Added Material status bar
    -- New lockscreen
    -- Added App Lock
    -- And More cool stuff!

Installation!!
    1. First download all the files below

2. Now backup your data and SD card (Because after partitioning SD card your SD card's data will be wiped)

3. Reboot in recovery

4. Flash cwm bla bla.zip

5. Now go to advanced> Partition SD card

6. Choose option using this tutorial:-

.If your SD card is 2gb then choose 256mb or less
    .If your SD card is 4gb then choose 512mb or 1024mb or less
    .If your SD card is 8gb then choose 2048mb or less
    .If your SD card is 16gb or more then choose 4096mb or less

7. Now let it complete

8.Now flash Twrp 3.0.2-1.zip

9.Now reboot recovery!

10. Now go to wipe>advanced wipe and select /data and /system

aa.png

ab.png

11.Now go to Mount>Click data and system
    af.png

ag.png

ah.png

12. Now go to install and locate the ROM and flash it. Now Let it complete!
    ai.png

aj.png

ak.png

13.Now install all the boosters (Remember to mount system and data before installing them)

14. Reboot system!

15. Now it will take 2-10 boots

16. Now go to Nova settings>Backup and restore> Restore> choose Nova

17. Go to Material status bar > enable Notification> Switch on> choose panal theme (Do not choose "O" if you have Navy bars enabled) now it will force close. Now open it again and switch it on by pressing on the big circle and close it.

18. Enjoy

How to fix these Bugs!!

1. Download vidcam and applock.zip and extract it. Now install the apk files in it!

2. If vidcam shows black screen then again install the vidcam apk inside the vidcam and applock.zip

3. To make vidcam work open it go to settings>Audio Quality>Choose 11Hrz

Screenshots!!!

4itzia.gif

screenn6.png

Screenn1.png

screenn2.png

screenn3.png

screenn3.png

screenn4.png

screenn7.png

screenn9.png

screenn10.png

Screnn10.png

screnn11.png

screnn16.png

screnn17.png

screnn18.png

Screnn20.png

screnn21.png

screnn24.png

screnn25.png

screnn23.png

IScrreens15.png

screnn22.png

aaaaa.png

screnn3.png

Downloads!!!

Pixelmod Remix 4.4.4 O v2 Beta 0.1 :- http://bit.ly/3uQjL0u

Twrp :- https://bit.ly/350Vg4A

CWM Bla Bla:- https://bit.ly/3dASVRN

Pixel Wallpapers:- https://bit.ly/3jyvX23

Vidcam and App Lock.zip:- https://bit.ly/3dyOM0I

Adrenaline Engine CM4.5 :- http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=18709

Broadcom BoosterV0.3:- http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=18642

Pure Performances X:- http://www.mediafire.com/download/62ms8ok7afi8230/PurePerformances™X_CM.1.4.zip

Ultimate performance v13:- https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4152864

Sources: {
    Base ROM: Here
    Kernel: Here
    or
    Github link for Kernel
    }
    Credits!
    -thedeadfish59
    -androidarmv6
    -bieltv3(thans for it allows us to use this cm11)
    -ROM-PacMe(for kernel and ROM)
    -raisul2010.5396
    -omerdeniz99
    -CyanogenMod
    -psyke83
    -Alberto96
    -Spacecaker
    -FMD team for Color Smali
    -John.Terry(For SystemUI mods)
    -kuaq (For spinners and recent app panel sources from MonsterUI)
    -Lopicl.00
    --Google
    -Ismatovsanjarbek
    -ME (Obviously)
    -Techburner
    -Androcraze
    Tell me if I forgot anyone:confused:

SPECIFICATIONS:-
    ROM OS Version (theme): 8.1.0 Oreo
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Any (STOCK GB RECOMMENDED)
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Version: V2
    Current Beta Version: 0.1
    Created 2020-10-17

Thanks
    Manav Harsana or Ragedpixel

4. CMx11 [Stable][OC]

Oh actually I forgot the fastest and the best cm11 ROMs are:

1.DM[OHPP] (THE FASTEST CM11 ROM I HAVE EVER USED)

2.Stock CM11 [Stable and the fastest]

3.DM2[OHPP] (VERSION 2 (LOLLIPOP THEMED) OF THE FASTEST ROM!

4. Oreo for Galaxy y (v1) [Very Stable][OC]

5. His cm12 ROM [Very Stable]

6. CMx11 [Stable][OC]

7. Oreo for Galaxy y (v2) [between usable and unstable] [OC]

8. cdDroid [not very stable]

9. Fi UI (I guess) [not very stable]
    I recommend using my cm12 themed rom first

4. CMx11 [Stable][OC]
    Insulation filed !! Plz advice

Q1: after I Partition SD card , all data gone, then I took the card out and copied the data. Is this correct.?

Q2: after installing the rom it end with installation field?

Download the ROM again and flash it. By mistake I gave the not working one . But now I have fixed the link now download it
    again and flash!
    After these flash all the boosters!:highfive::)x

View attachment 5628373