[ROM][4.4.4]DN4_2.2(Ditto Note 4) for SGH-i317, i317M, T889, N7105 By the E-Team

Search This thread

Thiagomesa

Jun 20, 2014
medellin
I have a trouble here
When someone calls me the sistem ui crash and i can't answer call because the answer scren don't apear someone have any solution forma this issue?

Last edited:

slaithe

Mar 23, 2011
How does this ROM perform with streaming audio to a bluetooth device? It'll be used for Uber driving while listening to Pandora to car bluetooth radio.
Currently using [ROM] [6.0.1r62][AOSP][CyanideAndroid] [08/19/2016] and it skips sooo much!

zapper_master

Aug 4, 2012
HEllo Everyone,
Back on DIttoNote, I've searched everywhere and I can't find an answer, any help is greatly appreciated. How can we get snapchat to work on ROM, I get error when trying to log in? I've tried to cloak (hide) root access in xposed for snapchat and that didn't work. Is there another method to get snapchat working on the ROM?
Thanks

CarlosPlays

Mar 14, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
It's been a while.

I gave up after flashing the ROM simultaneously (literally) resetting, and resetting all over again last June 2017.
I'm going to try it again.
I downloaded the ROM in this thread. BUT...
Whenever I flash it, It boots but after the boot animation, I only see a black screen.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you ;)

alexmark

Nov 26, 2013
Help to find the link

Need help.
I am trying to get DN4 on my Tmobile Note2. Started from the wrong forum (DN4 for T889 tmo) and with help was redirected here. Started from the first page, found out that it was a test and try version and everybody was waiting for update (back in 2013). I installed the one from the first page (hope OP means Openning Page) and had issues with Call counter, and some other things....Then I have read 60 pages of this thread and really got lost. Is there any updates for updates? Couldn't find the link with instructions "how to". Please, direct me to the right page where I can get the latest ROM (DN4) and instructions how to do that.
Thanks beforehand for any help.
And huge thanks for the people who doing these things for us. :good:

kozmo21

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2010
I gave up after flashing the ROM simultaneously (literally) resetting, and resetting all over again last June 2017.
I'm going to try it again.
I downloaded the ROM in this thread. BUT...
Whenever I flash it, It boots but after the boot animation, I only see a black screen.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you ;)
Read the OP again. Look for "black screen" and you will find your answer.

Need help.
I am trying to get DN4 on my Tmobile Note2. Started from the wrong forum (DN4 for T889 tmo) and with help was redirected here. Started from the first page, found out that it was a test and try version and everybody was waiting for update (back in 2013). I installed the one from the first page (hope OP means Openning Page) and had issues with Call counter, and some other things....Then I have read 60 pages of this thread and really got lost. Is there any updates for updates? Couldn't find the link with instructions "how to". Please, direct me to the right page where I can get the latest ROM (DN4) and instructions how to do that.
Thanks beforehand for any help.
And huge thanks for the people who doing these things for us. :good:

Read the last 5-6 pages or so and almost everything has been addressed. The beginning of this thread was for DN3, and just added DN4 later instead of starting a new thread, so all the beginning stuff is obsolete except for the OP.

Download the ROM from the OP, and follow all instructions from there exactly. The last one I uploaded was the DN4 slim version. This was especially for the t889 T-Mobile version, since it has the smallest /system partition, and that's what I have too.

If you have problems with call counter, there is a fix in the download section, where you can see at the top of every page in this thread. You will also see a short code fix there too... so you have to choose whether you want either the call timer to work, or have short codes work. It's either one or the other, not both... your choice. You will need to use browser and desktop view to see it... you won't see it from xda labs or mobile view on your phone.

Once it is up and running, you'll need to take the OTA update. Once you flash the OTA update, you should see version 2.2.6 in the 'about phone' section. Just do an advanced search and use my user name and OTA and you will see quite a few results :D

Good luck :good:

Reactions: alexmark

alexmark

Nov 26, 2013
Read the OP again. Look for "black screen" and you will find your answer.

Read the last 5-6 pages or so and almost everything has been addressed. The beginning of this thread was for DN3, and just added DN4 later instead of starting a new thread, so all the beginning stuff is obsolete except for the OP.

Download the ROM from the OP, and follow all instructions from there exactly. The last one I uploaded was the DN4 slim version. This was especially for the t889 T-Mobile version, since it has the smallest /system partition, and that's what I have too.

If you have problems with call counter, there is a fix in the download section, where you can see at the top of every page in this thread. You will also see a short code fix there too... so you have to choose whether you want either the call timer to work, or have short codes work. It's either one or the other, not both... your choice. You will need to use browser and desktop view to see it... you won't see it from xda labs or mobile view on your phone.

Once it is up and running, you'll need to take the OTA update. Once you flash the OTA update, you should see version 2.2.6 in the 'about phone' section. Just do an advanced search and use my user name and OTA and you will see quite a few results :D

KOZMO, you are THE MAN. With ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Thank you for all your attention and help.
I got your slim version from OP. After that, everything looks nice. Call counter is working properly without any additional downloads. I have no idea what is a "short code" and can't decide if I need it. Can you give me a hint, please?

After installation I am trying to do update but can't find instructions how to do that. "About phone" section from Settings shows Model Number = SM-N910C, Android 4.4.4, Build number DN4_v2.2-LTE. I don't see anything close to 2.2 combination. However if I go to OTA updater app, it shows Version 2.0.5. And here I am lost again. Available Updates, says "No update available:Tap to check manually" if I tap there it gives me another message "Error fetching update info. An unknown error has occurred".

UPDATE: Found zip fix from post#14613. Now OTA updater ROM section shows ROM DN4_2.2.6_LTE.
Is that what I had to do?
Thanks again

Last edited:

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
KOZMO, you are THE MAN. With ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Thank you for all your attention and help.
I got your slim version from OP. After that, everything looks nice. Call counter is working properly without any additional downloads. I have no idea what is a "short code" and can't decide if I need it. Can you give me a hint, please?

After installation I am trying to do update but can't find instructions how to do that. "About phone" section from Settings shows Model Number = SM-N910C, Android 4.4.4, Build number DN4_v2.2-LTE. I don't see anything close to 2.2 combination. However if I go to OTA updater app, it shows Version 2.0.5. And here I am lost again. Available Updates, says "No update available:Tap to check manually" if I tap there it gives me another message "Error fetching update info. An unknown error has occurred".

UPDATE: Found zip fix from post#14613. Now OTA updater ROM section shows ROM DN4_2.2.6_LTE.
Is that what I had to do?
Thanks again

If you don't know what short codes are, you probably don't have to worry about it. Just G00gle sms short code. It's used for banks, pharmacies, coupons etc. normally 5 digit codes you have to text back to whoever sent it to you.

Yes, if it says 2.2.6 in the about phone, you are good to go. If you just downloaded it but haven't flashed it, do that now. When finished it should say 2.2.6.

Reactions: alexmark

alexmark

Nov 26, 2013
Memory Card died

If you don't know what short codes are, you probably don't have to worry about it. Just G00gle sms short code. It's used for banks, pharmacies, coupons etc. normally 5 digit codes you have to text back to whoever sent it to you.

Yes, if it says 2.2.6 in the about phone, you are good to go. If you just downloaded it but haven't flashed it, do that now. When finished it should say 2.2.6.

Good day. Thank you Kozmo again. I have everything up and running. Yes, i have dn4_2.2.6-LTE in About device section.

There is problem that I couldn't find an answer for. I have a fresh brand new memory card, which I used for all the files necessary to install DN4.4.4. Everything was working great for couple weeks. Later, I mentioned when I have to wake my phone from sleeping, I have a message on top saying that the memory card is removed, or not detected, but within 2-3 seconds it was coming back to normal. That was going for about a week, and yesterday I got an icon with memory card and exclamation mark on it. The storage section says that it is empty.
Weird, because exactly the same issue happened when I was installing DN4 wrong way (old TMobile section, and you redirected me here). Those days I was doing it for the first time and thought that I did something wrong, or card was old. But now, after 2- 3 weeks of usage, the same issue with a brand new card occurred.

Help please.

HeadMajor

Feb 19, 2011
I haven't used this ROM in years, so going by my bad memory lol :D

switching convo to this thread from RR 5.8.5 thread.

Yeah, i did see the slim link and the posts about it.
it seemed that the slim was tailored to the t889, so i didn't think much of it, since i was loading it on a i317.

would the slim version make much of a difference to performance?
(i've already handed the phone to my 14yr old and he's already made his mark on it. so i'm thinking unless there's a significant performance gain from the slim, i'll probably just leave it with the default)

although i do need to swap out superSU for magisk. but that should be simple.

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
switching convo to this thread from RR 5.8.5 thread.

Yeah, i did see the slim link and the posts about it.
it seemed that the slim was tailored to the t889, so i didn't think much of it, since i was loading it on a i317.

would the slim version make much of a difference to performance?
(i've already handed the phone to my 14yr old and he's already made his mark on it. so i'm thinking unless there's a significant performance gain from the slim, i'll probably just leave it with the default)

although i do need to swap out superSU for magisk. but that should be simple.

i317 has a little more room than the t889, but neither has close to what the 7105 has for /system. Up to you if you want to go through changing things. If he doesn't add a bunch of things, you should be probably ok... if not, you can either do like someone above and delete some system apps, or start again with slim version.

As the /system partition gets closer to being full, the ROM will start doing strange things... slowing way down, freezing, rebooting etc. I recommend anyone starting out with this ROM to use the slim version. When you start adding apps etc., and /system starts running out of room, you'll have to delete some things to get performance back to normal. You can check how much room is left in each partition with DiskInfo app.

HeadMajor

Feb 19, 2011
if not, you can either do like someone above and delete some system apps, or start again with slim version.

ok, only like 60Mb free in system.

looking through what's been removed from system in regular vs slim. looks like media and languages, as well as GestureService.apk (won't work anyway) and SecGallery2014.apk was moved to /data
but, um, what's with all the fonts. seems like a few of them are pretty large, are they ok to delete? they're in both regular and slim. just curious. if i'm trimming, might as well review all the options. :D
nothing i'm finding in xda searches seems to indicate any huge issues with removing fonts, but it doesn't seem return a lot of hits
of course a backup is done beforehand anyway.

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
ok, only like 60Mb free in system.

looking through what's been removed from system in regular vs slim. looks like media and languages, as well as GestureService.apk (won't work anyway) and SecGallery2014.apk was moved to /data
but, um, what's with all the fonts. seems like a few of them are pretty large, are they ok to delete? they're in both regular and slim. just curious. if i'm trimming, might as well review all the options. :D
nothing i'm finding in xda searches seems to indicate any huge issues with removing fonts, but it doesn't seem return a lot of hits
of course a backup is done beforehand anyway.

You can try removing some of the fonts. You should be fine as long as you don't delete any of the default fonts, then you will have problems. If an app doesn't work after you've removed some fonts, you will know why now :D As long as you have a backup, you can try deleting whatever you want. I'm pretty sure that the slim version had 200-250MB free, so you should be able to get at least that much starting out. It's been years since I've messed with this ROM though, so not absolutely sure of the #?

HeadMajor

Feb 19, 2011
You can try removing some of the fonts.
I'm pretty sure that the slim version had 200-250MB free, so you should be able to get at least that much starting out.

got to 217MB free, without dealing with the fonts.

also, learned that magisk doesn't run on android below 5.
deleted supersu, then went to flash magisk and it gave an error about needing to be at least lollipop. doh.
oh well. no biggie. i think i'm better off with my 14yr old not having supersu on it anyway.
i just left supersu out, and copied the supersu install zip to the phone in case i needed to flash it in later if needed

this morning my son was carrying on about "oh, and when a message comes in, i get this little window over the top! and then there is this bell... and this whistle... " :D
he's enjoying the phone

thank you again for all the developers work. making a 14yr old overjoyed with a "new" (to him) phone. :D

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
got to 217MB free, without dealing with the fonts.

also, learned that magisk doesn't run on android below 5.
deleted supersu, then went to flash magisk and it gave an error about needing to be at least lollipop. doh.
oh well. no biggie. i think i'm better off with my 14yr old not having supersu on it anyway.
i just left supersu out, and copied the supersu install zip to the phone in case i needed to flash it in later if needed

this morning my son was carrying on about "oh, and when a message comes in, i get this little window over the top! and then there is this bell... and this whistle... " :D
he's enjoying the phone

thank you again for all the developers work. making a 14yr old overjoyed with a "new" (to him) phone. :D

Good to see that this device & ROM is still able to make some people happy :good:

And yes, not having root options isn't all bad. Could help keep some things from getting installed, or have access to things it shouldn't... or have him add/delete something he shouldn't have.

Hope it stays trouble free for him.

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Good to see that this device & ROM is still able to make some people happy :good:

And yes, not having root options isn't all bad. Could help keep some things from getting installed, or have access to things it shouldn't... or have him add/delete something he shouldn't have.

Hope it stays trouble free for him.

Much respect to you for keeping this thread up and running for as long as you can. Can't believe people are still using our work.

Think I'm going to have you take over the Op since you're the only one left with the 2 atm.

Thanks again.
Bajanman

Sent from my Galaxy Note8 using XDA Labs

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
Much respect to you for keeping this thread up and running for as long as you can. Can't believe people are still using our work.

Think I'm going to have you take over the Op since you're the only one left with the 2 atm.

Thanks again.
Bajanman

I already/still have access to the OP. If you were talking about having my name as the OP, I'd rather leave sawdoctor as the OP name. He was such a huge part of making this ROM, I'd like him to stay there even though he's not around any more. I doubt there will be much/anything added to the OP since dev stopped for this years ago.

Can't believe that there is so many downloads of the slim version... over 600. Which means probably a lot of new, 1st time users.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Btw, I think I found my dark theme of this ROM if anyone is interested? Basically the whole ROM is black background/white text and some blue in there to make it not so bland. I'm sure I have some screen shots of my theme in this thread if you want to do a search for it. Click on the paperclip icon on the thread name in desktop mode/computer view and search around the 9/2015 time for screenshots or just search my name in advanced search.

Found some... Example: https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3768247&d=1464727112 and here https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3488595&d=1443408792 I also used black apps from TBO (team black out) and think I was using xposed for some of the status bar stuff? Been a long time ago, so not positive on the extras.

Let me know if anyone wants to try it and I'll let you test it before I put it out for everyone to make sure I have the right one. If so, make a backup before trying in case something goes wrong. (shouldn't have that problem though, I used it for a year or so)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bajanman

ATT Intruder

Oct 29, 2010
Boise
I just pulled my note 2 out of retirement for my brother in law that broke his phone. Thinking I might put the slim version on and call it good.

Thank!

Thanks again.
Bajanman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S
    sawdoctor
    Hey you ??
    Are You still not in DN4 Family ???
    Then Join Today. You probably don't want to miss the biggest buzz around.
    Join Today. Early birds gets all
    We can help anyone but not totally non experienced android users. sorry lolll.

2fMYVfh.png

DN4(Ditto Note 4) ROM
    for our beloved Note II (GT-N7105)
    KQQv5we.gif

PMdC7Xz.png

You must root your device for installing this rom/mod. so now your warranty is void. if anything happens to you or your phone is solely your resposibility.
    We don't allow chefs/devs/themers to use the files added or modded by us in this ROM.
    kHlYJFz.png

post 1 :::: DN4 ROM Info, Change-log and credits and download links from now on.
    post 2 :::: Old DN3 Rom + Add-ons
    post 3 :::: Posters and Banners

45ERj0Z.png
    • Based on 4.4.4 Touchwiz rom ported from S3 Korean version by @arter97
    • Features ported from Galaxy Note 4 (Yes, we did it again!)
    • AGNI Kernel by default - credits to @psndna88
    • Standalone flashable zip (no aroma)
    • Rooted and Deodexed

c5hFFWG.png

• Ditto Note 4 main features
    • Note 4 Air Command (new features)
    • Note 4 S Note with Action Memo
    • Note 4 Smart Select
    • Note 4 Image Clip
    • Note 4 Scrapbook
    • Note 4 S Finder
    • Note 4 Quick Connect
    • Note 4 Multiwindow
    • Note 4 Recent Apps
    • Note 4 Direct Pen Input
    • Note 4 Side Key Panel
    • Note 4 Resize Windows from corners (new Pen Window)
    • Note 4 Power Saving Mode
    • Note 4 Ultra Power Saving Mode
    • Note 4 Settings and UI
    • Galaxy Note 4 Launcher and Accuweather
    • Galaxy Note 4 Contacts app
    • Galaxy Note 4 Phone app with N4 feature incoming call popup notification, resize window during calls feature and call recording feature
    • Galaxy Note Messaging app with N4 feature SMS pop-up notificaton
    • Galaxy Note 4 lockscreen with charging effects and new lockscreen effects (only Abstract Mozaic don't work)
    • Galaxy Note 4 Music Player
    • Galaxy Note 4 Video Player
    • Galaxy Note 4 Internet Browser
    • Galaxy Note 4 Gallery with SStudio
    • Galaxy Note 4 S Voice with new pop-up features
    • Galaxy Note 4 S Planner, Email, Keyboard, Clock, My Files, Calculator
    • Galaxy Note 4 Story Album
    • Galaxy Note 4 Photo Note
    • Possible to use the same app in both multiwindows
    • Many more things that we might forget... see it yourself today.
    CURRENT BUGS for DN4 2.2.6-LTE

None that we know of...:)

Fixed>>

Theme icon bug- Fixed
    Dual clock- Fixed
    Call record- Fixed
    Call echo- Fixed

picture.php

OLD VERSION - DN3
    Refer post # 2
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47812176&postcount=2

CRw8VuW.png

1) You need to have Samsung 4.3 Bootloader or newer. Please use latest KitKat Bootloader if you wish to be able to plug your phone while turn off.
    (Please note that you don't have to update your bootloader unless you want to, now that Agni 4.3.9 kernel lets you charge your phone while being off.)
    2) TWRP 2.8.5.0 recovery is recommended.(Linked: TWRP thread
    3) Next, remember to backup your app and your efs folder. That's something that you always should do before flashing anything
    4) Go to TWRP recovery via pressing home + power + volume up button at the same time.
    5) Make a nandroid backup if you haven't done so.
    6) Use the "Clean to install a new rom" option in Wipe Data and system.(clean installation recommended means wipe internal)
    7) (Reminder) Remember that everything you flash you do it at your own risk so do your research before flashing anything.
    8) Now go to choose to install the rom zip file.
    9) Flash the rom. It should take less than 10 minutes till it boots.
    10)For those getting black screen or stuck on the boot animation after flashing the rom, please reboot to recovery and flash Angi kernel 4.3.9 to make it boot.
    11) Enjoy the ROM

** If coming from a CM/AOSP ROM, flash a TW ROM before trying to flash DN4**

zhiC9B5.png

Strictly No Mirrors Pls. If you want to make one ask us first with reason why.

READ BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD THIS :
    We don't want any dev to use the files included in the rom without permission. If any dev want to have note 4 features for his rom
    you can contact us and we can sort it out on fb /hangouts /whatsapp / pm.
    You are welcome for that.

Again, Strictly No Mirrors Pls. If you want to make one ask us first with reason why.

Download link for DN4 2.2>DN4_2.2-LTE_4.4.4

MD5=9d4d12f3b1cc30ca13f8dbb1868c007d

Slim DN4 Download link

DN4 OTA Update zip

Other Download Section for bug fixes.
    OyVNL9mnqzXQ8AW4

Must open from Web browser not from app or mobile site.

rbyf9DV.png
    Maintained and tested by:
    @sawdoctor
    @Bajanman
    Originally created by:
    @funky_81
    @slink_59
    @arsaw
    @ravijani
    @titooo7
    And very important contributions from new E-Team members:
    GigiliNe ( @RevengeDevTeam )
    @sotmax

YoMU4wI.png

@bsbachert Big Big Thank you for all the help and support you provided. (very good person)
    -chainfire for supersu fix
    -fakejap for his app
    -Thanks to JaeKarr99 for the boot anamation
    -Mr.Luong , thanhfhuongf , hung5588 & nguyenxuanhoa for themes.. you are great :)
    -David206206 from htcmania for the nice tip
    -and for logo @Dasko nd @shhbz (you are great)
    -to all beta testers and all those who supported
    A special thanks to @kozmo21 for putting up with me and all the flashing he did testing this.
    Thanks to @qareembizzle for the Lollipop theme look..

We also give thanks to
    Thanks to contributors like @amit.bagaria, @badwolf94 @avivalder. But also thanks to @xperiacle, @HalloSpencer, @kashortiexda, @jtOttawa, , @Bert.C, @Petros_tigra, @Dai323, @mourad75, @Zanr Zij, @nmtuan.pnt, @pageniao, @wtf!!droid, @XDA_Waghmare, @parthpatels007 , @mateus78, @pakure, @mavera, @fausto88, @papic7m, @boozyrock, @Doomhamma, @djoni_gitara , ravijani and many more users who helped and donated. I will update the list with donators name when we have some time.

We are sure that we are forgetting several of you who contributed with fixes, feedback and answering question to other users so please contact us via PM and we'll add you to the list. If you are on the list is because we really think you deserve it and we don't want anyone to don't get the thanks they deserve.
    Thanks to all the users who supported us with nice words, patience and respect.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [4.4.2 & 4.4.4] DN4 (Ditto 3 & 4) for SGH-I317, I317M, T889, N7105 from the (E-team), ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    Bajanman, sawdoctor, kozmo21, funky81, slink_59, arsaw, GigiliNe, titooo7, sotmax, bsbachert , kozmo21
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.3

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: DN3 V5 4.4.2
    Stable Release Date: 2014-08-31
    Current Beta Version: DN4_2.2-LTE 4.4.4-Up
    Beta Release Date: 2015-04-27

Created 2013-11-25
    Last Updated 2018-05-20
    Okay. ... I'm uploading to the team now so they can add the Aroma installer and if all goes well it might/should get posted tonight. I'm uploading to 3 different hosts so that the first one up will get aroma and then I flash it test and post. It took me a couple FULL CHARGES to get this rite!
    Ok so first BETA DN3 Kit Kat ROM for N7105 will be released probably later today.

Don't keep refreshing the website or pressing F5 buttons because it might be not done today but tomorrow so there is no need to waste your time in front of the screen just for a ****ing rom that might be really good or might not but won't make your life x2 better.

As you all know this DN3 is an E-Team work, but we also want to thanks @Bajanman, @eZdubzitmk4 and @sawdoctor for their contribution and time. It's really appreciated.

The OP will be uploaded once the rom is released
    ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!

Go get it it's ready for all the loyal DN3 followers! And everyone that has been waiting, the wait is now over!!! Look here> http://goo.gl/FgOqW7
    Enjoy the new Rom, hope everyone likes all the new things added.
    3283da841765b36bbb68e501f00da14c.jpg
    Hello too everyone, just dropping in to show some progress of this project we're @sawdoctor, @eZdubzitmk4
    and myself are undergoing at the moment.
    RbIPwFlojMVrXct

Btw current status of things to do, is pending to port toolbox and ultra power saving mode etc.
    PLEASE NO ETA QUESTIONS THANX
    All other questions are welcomed here!
    Bajan out