[ROM][4.4.4][golden] SlimKat

Search This thread

bozinsky73

Dec 30, 2014
This rom is simply amazing!!
Installed with todays opengapps nano, but I can't find the way to have cLock's weather working!
Suggestions?

Last edited:

Luigi.tsukune

Jun 21, 2017
Puerto la Cruz
wow, just wow, ive installed minutes ago, using twrp 2.8.7.3 because 3.x and up is buggy to acces with combination buttons, rom is smooth than a lot of roms i've tested, in my opinion, android 5.1 are a bit laggy, 6.0 and 7.1 more laggy for this hardware.
i love the dark interface, i use this phone for whatsapp, facebook and listen music, and this rom satisfy my needs,
I was surprised first boot load too fast, between 5 to 10 minutes, other roms always takes 15 to 30 minutes to boot, i use pico gapps.

you did a good job with this rom (Y)

PD: sorry if i say something wrong, my english is a bit basic

Last edited:

dixmer1998

Jun 22, 2015
Soledad
wow, just wow, ive installed minutes ago, using twrp 2.8.7.3 because 3.x and up is buggy to acces with combination buttons, rom is smooth than a lot of roms i've tested, in my opinion, android 5.1 and are a bit laggy, 6.0 and 7.1 more laggy for this hardware.
i love the dark interface, i use this phone for whatsapp, facebook and listen music, and this rom satisfy my needs,
I was surprised first boot load too fast, between 5 to 10 minutes, other roms always takes 15 to 30 minutes to boot, i use pico gapps.

you did a good job with this rom (Y)

PD: sorry if i say something wrong, my english is a bit basic

Wow thanks for you opinion, now try install in my s3 mini

Enviado desde mi SM-J500F mediante Tapatalk

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
SlimKat 9.12 builds from yesterday have broken sound (at least on Tab2), it's fixed on todays 9.12 build.
I also took some time to improve security a little bit more
  • ADB disabled by default on unoffcial builds
  • Developer Options disabled by default on unoffcial builds
  • removed AOSP Browser (it's not safe to use it anymore, install a up-to-date browser like Chrome from PlayStore)
  • removed SuperUser implementation (you can use e.g. SuperSU, v1.80 works fine for me but newer versions might work too.
    NOTE: since it's a "userdebug" build "adb root" will still work without installing a 3rd party root implementation)

Same like yesterdays build:
  • 2017-10-01 security patch level
  • MicroG / Fake Signature implementation added

customaestro

Nov 27, 2014
BT hangs Wi-Fi Hotspot

Hi, Android-Andi.
Thanks for your work. Just installed your latest SlimKat and faced the same issue, as in New Macław's CM11,12.
With BT switched ON, turning Wi-Fi Hotspot ON hangs phone for about 2 minutes. Turning Hotspot OFF or switching Wi-Fi hangs system as well, but not so tremendously. When BT is OFF, everything is fine.
Is it a known bug and is it hard to fix it?

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
I am not using my S3 Mini anymore, can't say if it's a known bug or not and also can't say when it started.
Any log?
After a Reboot reproduce the issue, take a logcat and dmesg. It's important to not take the log after the system is used for hours or days, that's why you need to reboot once right before ;)

shahfaishal

Aug 9, 2014
im using s3 mini. I tried LOS and RR roms (Nougat) and they both lag like a crawling baby.
(1) Can anyone here suggest me a best rom (any version K,L,MM,N) which is BUTTER SMOOTH and doesnt lag at all?
(2) Also, if i use this slimkit, do i need any gapps? if yes, which one(a link please)?
(3) how;s slimkit in smoothness? does it lag even a little?

Andi46

Feb 7, 2016
Vechta
Just seen: there is a January 2018 build. Is it worth truing?
-
I'd say yes - it really performs well on this ,,little'' device - not like the lagging N ROMs with SELinux deactivated...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-09-10-00-31.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-09-10-00-31.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 172

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimKat
    [#KITKAT]
    UNOFFICIAL BUILDS FOR SAMSUNG S III MINI - AKA. SAMSUNG GOLDEN
    GT-I8190

[#WHATSSLIM]

[#SLIMKAT]

[#WARRANTY]

Download:
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

[#INFOSLIM]

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [golden] SlimKat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini

Contributors
    Android-Andi, SlimRoms, golden-guy
    Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: SlimKat Build 6.7

Created 2014-05-20
    Last Updated 2016-07-04
    Reserved

Download

SlimKat GT-I8190 (aka. Samsung "Golden")

SlimKat GApps - incl. support for TheRealDarkSlim (TRDS) - please also use this Thread to check for latest GApps changes, and Bugreports about our GApps

Disable Button-Backlight?
    Settings -> Navigation -> Harwarebutton -> Backlight -> Uncheck "Illuminate buttons"

Advanced Reboot?
    Settings -> Security -> Advanced Reboot

Updates???
    Only if i feel to update :p - I am releasing this Rom just-for-fun as i was missing SlimKat on my S3 mini :)

Hey all together!

I just started the terminal to run the final Build 9 of SlimKat for our golden!

I added an option to accept all file types on Bluetooth, somehow it was missing all the time and only added on CAF branch.

Also Lockscreen notification will be here like every time!

This will be my last SlimKat build for golden! Thanks a lot for all the feedback and great time here :)

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk
    Finally got my golden back yesterday and started updating and cleaning up my sources. Thanks to @golden-guy and @Meticulus for the initial work. Hope i get a booting SlimLP build until next week.
    New build up.
    Applyed YouTube fix from @Meticulus,
    Also fixed some compilerwarnings, thx Fred!
    Fixed usecase_gov messing max freq. (Ignoreing set.max freq.) - Thx to @cocafe , @Meticulus and @jri14

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone