[ROM][4.4.4][golden] SlimKat

Search This thread

iwogu

Feb 24, 2014
2 Threads for SlimKAT

@Android-Andi:

I'm a little bit 'confused' about the new Thread for your SlimKat in the Q&A Section. I don't which kind of comments/questions I should post here and which in the Q&A Section.
May you can give an advice how we User should handle this so that it is fine for you? And will you be present in the Q&A Thread as well?

BR
Iwogu

ersersoy

Feb 7, 2014
@Android-Andi I think your rom is the best one so far. I checked other roms but mostly have a bad battery life or I couldn't manage. But so far with your rom im having a very good battery life.
About kernel, I just heard kernels help battery life that's why I asked but so far decided to stay in built in kernel of slimkat. Was just curious about this 100mhz if it can give a bit more battery life.
Keep up the good work cause your rom is a life saver at least for me. I'm having none of those issues which you asked me so far.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: rubentkato77

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
I don't have an idea why Q&A is created. Posts aren't so disturbed by the questions.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

...I think, it might be for the users with less then xx posts, who are not allowed to post in a development thread directly... And we may continue to post here everything related to SLIM...
m.

iwogu

Feb 24, 2014
Reboot

I'm running now the SlimKat since 3 weeks without any Problems. I made a clean Install at that time and I'm still on built 8.1. Only "modification" I did is to install the F_kernel from Fred 6681 two weeks ago.
Until yesterday I had no problems. Within the last 20 hours I had the event that my mobile asked me for the SIM Pin after wake it up. I'm not sure if it really made a reboot or if it just lost the SIM. I made nothing with the mobile when this happens. Also I have to reboot the mobile again because otherwise it is running very slowly and some apps doesn't work proberly... After the reboot everything is fine.

I prepared a Bugreport via SlimCenter. If somebody has time and interest to have a look on it it would be fine if I can get a feedback about possible reasons....

iwogu

Attachments

• bugreport.zip
    240.7 KB · Views: 8

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Hey together!

Next weekly will be here soon!

SlimRoms now add his own SlimLauncher which will replace NovaLauncher. There haven't been any translation yet, so guys: you are part of Slim :)

Translation done for
- EN (default)
- DE (@Android-Andi)
- RU by Sergey Karsakov (https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/15748/)
- Greek (EL) Translation by @jstath1972 (https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/15749/)
- Italian translation by Ezio Lacandia Bijelkic (https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/15751/)

Please download attached slim_strings.xml.txt (right click -> save as ...) and do the translation into your mothers language.
Attach it back here in the thread (please tell the language you have translated to) or push your translation to slimroms gerrit for codereview.

For those of you who haven't translated yet one example:
Original/default:
Code:
(...)
    <string name="default_string">[COLOR="Red"]Default[/COLOR]</string>
    <string name="reset_string">[COLOR="Red"]Reset[/COLOR]</string>
    <string name="set_string">[COLOR="Red"]Set[/COLOR]</string>
(....)

Translated to DE:
Code:
(...)
    <string name="default_string">[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Standard[/COLOR]</string>
    <string name="reset_string">[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Zurücksetzen[/COLOR]</string>
    <string name="set_string">[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Einstellen[/COLOR]</string>
(....)

Hope you help getting this project better :)

Have a good night together!

Last edited:

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Uploading Build 8.8 right now

• nothing changed on device side, not kernel changes (next build meight have OC)
  • Lockscreennotification NOT added because of Settings Cleanup and Reorganization
    (will check if i can solve the conflicts and meight run a second build sometimes this week)
  • SlimLauncher now replaces NovaLauncher by default - if you have used a previous SlimLauncher i have posted here,
    you meight miss some options i added before (still in review, some small bugs need to be fixed first -so more to come :) SlimLauncher is a brand new and in early stages)
  • SuperUser got some updates

jstath1972

Dec 27, 2013
Hey together!

Next weekly will be here soon!

SlimRoms now add his own SlimLauncher which will replace NovaLauncher. There haven't been any translation yet, so guys: you are part of Slim :)

Translation done for
- EN (default)
- DE (@Android-Andi)
- RU by Sergey Karsakov (https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/15748/)

Please download attached slim_strings.xml.txt (right click -> save as ...) and do the translation into your mothers language.
Attach it back here in the thread (please tell the language you have translated to) or push your translation to slimroms gerrit for codereview.

For those of you who haven't translated yet one example:
Original/default:
Code:
(...)
    <string name="default_string">[COLOR=Red]Default[/COLOR]</string>
    <string name="reset_string">[COLOR=Red]Reset[/COLOR]</string>
    <string name="set_string">[COLOR=Red]Set[/COLOR]</string>
(....)
Translated to DE:
Code:
(...)
    <string name="default_string">[COLOR=DarkGreen]Standard[/COLOR]</string>
    <string name="reset_string">[COLOR=DarkGreen]Zurücksetzen[/COLOR]</string>
    <string name="set_string">[COLOR=DarkGreen]Einstellen[/COLOR]</string>
(....)
Hope you help getting this project better :)

Have a good night together!

Here's the Greek Language.

jstath1972

Dec 27, 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-21-12-44-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-21-12-44-15.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 291
  • Screenshot_2014-10-21-12-44-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-21-12-44-24.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 260
  • Screenshot_2014-10-21-12-44-34.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-21-12-44-34.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 232
  • Screenshot_2014-10-21-12-45-05.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-21-12-45-05.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Reactions: Mike20017

S3miniFin

Jan 23, 2013
Here is my translation to Finnish (Suomi) language.

Attachments

• Finnish_slim_strings.xml.rar
    1.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: Android-Andi

ersersoy

Feb 7, 2014
Hello @Android-Andi i am currently at Slim-golden-4.4.4.build.8.4-UNOFFICIAL-20141009-0739 version and i am pretty happy with it. but as i see there is 8.8 version now. my question is, i am using NovaLauncher and pretty set up everything and all these stuff. so if i flash new version 8.8 one ( dirty flash) like without waping data or anything. will i lose my settings and nova launcher with this built? i checked around but i never updated a rom before. so will it stay same with bug fixes or stuff will change on my current nova and etc?

thank you.

moonryder

Apr 24, 2014
southern
Hello @Android-Andi i am currently at Slim-golden-4.4.4.build.8.4-UNOFFICIAL-20141009-0739 version and i am pretty happy with it. but as i see there is 8.8 version now. my question is, i am using NovaLauncher and pretty set up everything and all these stuff. so if i flash new version 8.8 one ( dirty flash) like without waping data or anything. will i lose my settings and nova launcher with this built? i checked around but i never updated a rom before. so will it stay same with bug fixes or stuff will change on my current nova and etc?

thank you.
updating will not wipe your settings, just flash the build 8.8 - very simple ;)
to be safe make a backup of your settings in Nova Launcher under Nova-Settings - Backup and Import - Backup
you will find the backup in IntSD - data - com.teslacoilsw.launcher - backup

Last edited:

silencar

Jan 27, 2014
Uploading Build 8.8 right now

• nothing changed on device side, not kernel changes (next build meight have OC)
  • Lockscreennotification NOT added because of Settings Cleanup and Reorganization
    (will check if i can solve the conflicts and meight run a second build sometimes this week)
  • SlimLauncher now replaces NovaLauncher by default - if you have used a previous SlimLauncher i have posted here,
    you meight miss some options i added before (still in review, some small bugs need to be fixed first -so more to come :) SlimLauncher is a brand new and in early stages)
  • SuperUser got some updates

thx for the new release and the little-changelog-like-explanation :good: .. so it doesnt feel like a blackbox-of-changes :)

download started.. :D

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Hey together!

Small update about SlimLauncher translation :)

Translation done for:
(green marked translations got merged allready)

New strings (missing on Finnish and french):
Code:
(...)
    <string name="shortcut_action_launcher_apps">All apps</string>
    <string name="shortcut_action_launcher_overview">Overview mode</string>
    <string name="shortcut_action_launcher_settings">Launcher settings</string>
    <string name="shortcut_action_launcher_homescreen">Default homescreen</string>
(....)

Thanks a lot all together!

@pillow64 and @IKill4MySkill please check if this is ok or needs to be improved, also you meight translate the missing parts? https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/15749/9/res/values-fr/slim_strings.xml

@flither please check if this is ok https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/15769/

@smanq please check Italian translation by Ezio Lacandia Bijelkic if it needs some improvement: https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/15749/9/res/values-it/slim_strings.xml

I now created a genral thread for SlimLauncher translation - so lets move the discussion about the translation to this thread --> http://xdaforums.com/slimroms/general/slimlauncher-translation-t2913635

Have a good night!

brink94@mail.ru

Apr 24, 2014
Can i use themes on slimkat? On omni rom not working

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

This here themes is work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimKat
    [#KITKAT]
    UNOFFICIAL BUILDS FOR SAMSUNG S III MINI - AKA. SAMSUNG GOLDEN
    GT-I8190

[#WHATSSLIM]

[#SLIMKAT]

[#WARRANTY]

Download:
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

[#INFOSLIM]

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [golden] SlimKat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini

Contributors
    Android-Andi, SlimRoms, golden-guy
    Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: SlimKat Build 6.7

Created 2014-05-20
    Last Updated 2016-07-04
    Reserved

Download

SlimKat GT-I8190 (aka. Samsung "Golden")

SlimKat GApps - incl. support for TheRealDarkSlim (TRDS) - please also use this Thread to check for latest GApps changes, and Bugreports about our GApps

Disable Button-Backlight?
    Settings -> Navigation -> Harwarebutton -> Backlight -> Uncheck "Illuminate buttons"

Advanced Reboot?
    Settings -> Security -> Advanced Reboot

Updates???
    Only if i feel to update :p - I am releasing this Rom just-for-fun as i was missing SlimKat on my S3 mini :)

Hey all together!

I just started the terminal to run the final Build 9 of SlimKat for our golden!

I added an option to accept all file types on Bluetooth, somehow it was missing all the time and only added on CAF branch.

Also Lockscreen notification will be here like every time!

This will be my last SlimKat build for golden! Thanks a lot for all the feedback and great time here :)

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk
    Finally got my golden back yesterday and started updating and cleaning up my sources. Thanks to @golden-guy and @Meticulus for the initial work. Hope i get a booting SlimLP build until next week.
    New build up.
    Applyed YouTube fix from @Meticulus,
    Also fixed some compilerwarnings, thx Fred!
    Fixed usecase_gov messing max freq. (Ignoreing set.max freq.) - Thx to @cocafe , @Meticulus and @jri14

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk