[ROM]【4.4.4】Google Play Edition【JFLTE-GPE】 - Oct 5th, 2018

Search This thread

Danielhammons1

Apr 12, 2013
I have the files you uploaded and the new version of the rom, I normally do things without question but when it's sketchy I gotta check lol
I'm still confused about one thing though, well two.
1. I see no xposed installer on the play store, there's nothing on there on my end. (link maybe?)
2.and where is the backup option? It's always done it for me automatically.
But if you can send the link to the play store that would be awesome I've checked a million times..

duendemago

Jul 31, 2013
Mexico City
I have the files you uploaded and the new version of the rom, I normally do things without question but when it's sketchy I gotta check lol
I'm still confused about one thing though, well two.
1. I see no xposed installer on the play store, there's nothing on there on my end. (link maybe?)
2.and where is the backup option? It's always done it for me automatically.
But if you can send the link to the play store that would be awesome I've checked a million times..

Here is an apk from official devs http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

Danielhammons1

Apr 12, 2013
Thanks for all the help man.
I usually download from there, but since there are specifics on which phone runs which xposed, which arm to flash etc I wasn't sure which to use. I currently have xposed 3.0 alpha 2, would you think it would make a difference if I switch?

I know those versions aren't alpha, but since this is lollipop I assumed it was still the one to use (whichever version)
Which version do you use, considering its the same phone I think I'd go with whatever you have man.
Thanks again

Last edited:

fivelitre

Jan 16, 2014
Thanks for all the help man.
I usually download from there, but since there are specifics on which phone runs which xposed, which arm to flash etc I wasn't sure which to use. I currently have xposed 3.0 alpha 2, would you think it would make a difference if I switch?

I know those versions aren't alpha, but since this is lollipop I assumed it was still the one to use (whichever version)
Which version do you use, considering its the same phone I think I'd go with whatever you have man.
Thanks again
Hey Daniel,

I know you were talking to duendemago but figured I'd reply and see if it's any help at all. For me (I was using a 1337m for Rogers in Canada which now says my model is GT-19505G.

I flashed the xposed-v79-sdk22-arm.zip through recovery, and then once my phone booted back up I installed XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk through the ES File Explorer.

xposed-v79-sdk22-arm.zip can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3580244&d=1450386592
XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha4.apk can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3383776&d=1435601440
And the uninstaller here (always good to have just in case) http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3458222&d=1441050128

Once I did those two it worked for me and has been working since without any issues. I did originally do it wrong and got stuck in a bootloop, but using the uninstaller fixed that issue for me. I'm sure I'm no where near as technologically savvy as most people in here, but if you have any questions I'll try to help!

Last edited:

Danielhammons1

Apr 12, 2013
It's all good man, and thanks!
I'm actually pretty good at these things, but if I'm not sure of something I research, check and recheck to make sure.
Like the chart showing what xposed arm to use, and for what version makes perfect sense but it doesn't say which xposed installer to use.
I'm sure that wouldn't cause a bootloop or anything but idk I want to be sure.
But I appreciate it man!
I gotta flash this rom first, been backing up everything
Ever since my 64gb Microsd messed up (was full also) I've been struggling with low memory so once that's done I can get the rom installed, then xposed.

And what's the difference in v74 and v79 sdk 22?
I know he was using 74 but you said 79 worked for you man.

Last edited:

fivelitre

Jan 16, 2014
It's all good man, and thanks!
I'm actually pretty good at these things, but if I'm not sure of something I research, check and recheck to make sure.
Like the chart showing what xposed arm to use, and for what version makes perfect sense but it doesn't say which xposed installer to use.
I'm sure that wouldn't cause a bootloop or anything but idk I want to be sure.
But I appreciate it man!
I gotta flash this rom first, been backing up everything
Ever since my 64gb Microsd messed up (was full also) I've been struggling with low memory so once that's done I can get the rom installed, then xposed.

And what's the difference in v74 and v79 sdk 22?
I know he was using 74 but you said 79 worked for you man.
I don't think there's a big difference in which xposed installer to use. On that forum topic it only lists the one (3.0 alpha 4) so I figured that was just the most stable/newest one.

For me and my bootloop incident, I think it was mostly just me being an idiot and not reading everything through the first time (at least it was smart of me to have the uninstaller on my sd card). But originally I had used the link that was posted here for v74 and that's what put me in a bootloop for one reason or another, so once I uninstalled that and tried the v79 version, it went without any issue. Granted it did take a bit longer to boot up the first time.

And again, I think the v74/v79 is just the versions and the higher the number the more recent it is. On the xposed forum it only shows 79 now and not 74. Though that being said they do have sdk 23 up, but for one reason or another, I chose sdk22, no idea why!

Reactions: KazeMurasaki

Danielhammons1

Apr 12, 2013
Well I was out of the loop for a bit so I missed some information on here and it's hard to search through the threads to find one thing sometimes especially whenever it's not in the op.
But anyway that makes sense, and the sdk is pretty important from what I've read, the sdk21 is if your on 5.0 and if your on 5.1 it's sdk 22, so it's good you chose 22 lol.

Reactions: KazeMurasaki
So I really need to ask this. Is this Cyanogenmod or is it still TW? I thought SGH-i337s couldn't run anything but TW. I really want to try this rom but I'm nervous to flash it.

If your i337 is on the old bootloader (ending in MDB or MDL), then you can run non-TW ROMs. If you upgraded your S4 with a carrier OTA update (or if you bought it after a certain timeframe?), then the bootloader was updated, and you will have to rely on Safestrapped ROMs, which are all TW-based.

Easiest way, IMO, to check bootloader would be to install the CPU X app, and scroll down on the initial page to where it shows 'bootloader'. If it shows anything newer than MDL, you'll need to read up on Safestrap. It's definitely a different beast...

Sent from my TARDIS

Last edited:
Reactions: raitchison

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
If your S4 is on the old bootloader (ending in MDB or MDL), then you can run non-TW ROMs. If you upgraded your S4 with a carrier OTA update (or if you bought it after a certain timeframe?), then the bootloader was updated, and you will have to rely on Safestrapped ROMs, which are all TW-based.

Easiest way, IMO, to check bootloader would be to install the CPU X app, and scroll down on the initial page to where it shows 'bootloader'. If it shows anything newer than MDL, you'll need to read up on Safestrap. It's definitely a different beast...

Sent from my TARDIS
I don't think this is the case for Canadian phones though

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi using Tapatalk

I don't think this is the case for Canadian phones though

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi using Tapatalk

I'll update my post to say i337 instead of the generic S4. You're correct, about that not being the case for i337m.

Sent from my TARDIS

Reactions: cantenna

KazeMurasaki

May 17, 2011
Thanks guys, with your clear explanation on what takes to get Xposed up and running, I'm now happily updated to 5.1 with running Xposed and all the goodies that made me hold back when the OP released 5.1. It's great that people like you are still keeping this thread alive. I find this is the best ROM for our S4 if one is looking for great battery life and stability, while Xposed can take care of the rest.

Reactions: sanriver12

duendemago

Jul 31, 2013
Mexico City
Thanks guys, with your clear explanation on what takes to get Xposed up and running, I'm now happily updated to 5.1 with running Xposed and all the goodies that made me hold back when the OP released 5.1. It's great that people like you are still keeping this thread alive. I find this is the best ROM for our S4 if one is looking for great battery life and stability, while Xposed can take care of the rest.

Yes this is also the best ROM for s4 in my opinion. I hope we can see some fresh update sooner than later (for example, we miss the option of closing all open apps at once after long pressing middle button and also the OTA app)

KazeMurasaki

May 17, 2011
Yes this is also the best ROM for s4 in my opinion. I hope we can see some fresh update sooner than later (for example, we miss the option of closing all open apps at once after long pressing middle button and also the OTA app)

I might be wrong, but I imagine the OP has long ditched his S4 for a newer phone, so those updates may or may not be on their way. Personally, I feel that my S4 with this ROM and Xposed is a pretty decent combo, and any device packing more power under the hood would be an overkill for me and my needs right now. I really dig the curved screen of the S6 and the slim shape of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, but I know they can't do that much more than my custom setup, hence I'm not itching for a new phone at this point. With this being said, I hope that my S4 won't give up on me for at least a couple more years, and any updates and added goodies till that day comes would be more than welcome.

fivelitre

Jan 16, 2014
I just did a clean install of this ROM since my phone was having some issues (keyboard not working, telling me programs weren't responding, no room, etc.) And all is fine now, except for one thing. When I pull down from the top of my phone (to bring up notifications/quick settings) I get a large dark grey bar covering the top part of my notifications so that I can't read them. It's like the screen that holds the quick settings (wifi/bluetooth/airplane mode/flashlight/etc.) is longer than it should be and due to this is blocking out whatever notification is on top. Anyone had this before and know how to fix it?

duendemago

Jul 31, 2013
Mexico City
I might be wrong, but I imagine the OP has long ditched his S4 for a newer phone, so those updates may or may not be on their way. Personally, I feel that my S4 with this ROM and Xposed is a pretty decent combo, and any device packing more power under the hood would be an overkill for me and my needs right now. I really dig the curved screen of the S6 and the slim shape of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, but I know they can't do that much more than my custom setup, hence I'm not itching for a new phone at this point. With this being said, I hope that my S4 won't give up on me for at least a couple more years, and any updates and added goodies till that day comes would be more than welcome.

I guess you are so right. For a free ROM tis service we alredy got is amazing. Dev has made an amazing job!. I was hopping that Google release Android M for GPE Gs4, eventhough every update is alot of job for developer. Lets enjoy this ROM as it is in the mean time. Greetings

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

I just did a clean install of this ROM since my phone was having some issues (keyboard not working, telling me programs weren't responding, no room, etc.) And all is fine now, except for one thing. When I pull down from the top of my phone (to bring up notifications/quick settings) I get a large dark grey bar covering the top part of my notifications so that I can't read them. It's like the screen that holds the quick settings (wifi/bluetooth/airplane mode/flashlight/etc.) is longer than it should be and due to this is blocking out whatever notification is on top. Anyone had this before and know how to fix it?

Yes, this is a known issue. I don't remember if this was already happenning at 5.0 version of this ROM, but when changed to 5.1 I have seen this annoying issue time to time. I don't know a fix for it. All I can say is that when keeping using the phone, restarting it and so on, the issue fix by it self. Hope someone knows an exact fix for this. Greetings

nasapunk88

Aug 9, 2008
Grey bar blocking notifications

Yeah this is a bug that's been around for awhile. It happens when you expand the Wifi/Bluetooth section in your notification area and then leave that new "popup" area without clicking on the "Done" button. To fix, just expand the Wifi (or bluetooth) section and click "Done".

fivelitre

Jan 16, 2014
Yeah this is a bug that's been around for awhile. It happens when you expand the Wifi/Bluetooth section in your notification area and then leave that new "popup" area without clicking on the "Done" button. To fix, just expand the Wifi (or bluetooth) section and click "Done".

Ahh, that fixed it! Thanks so much, it was starting to get to me!

KazeMurasaki

May 17, 2011
I'm not sure if it's just me and my current setup but does anyone have expandable notifications on their lock screen with this ROM? I can't seem to get any notification to expand, even after I've tried a bunch of Xposed modules that claim to give that option. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, folks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JFLTE-GPE 4.4.4

3g9XUOu.jpg

Q: What is Google Play Edition?

A: GPE is stock Android compiled by Samsung, it offers the stability of touchwiz with the aesthetics of pure stock AOSP. All drivers for Camera (Including HDR), Bluetooth, GPS, are official proprietary so there will be no issues.

Q: Why 4.4.4 kitkat?
    A: This basically sums it up, 4.4.4 is regarded as one of the best releases ever, meanwhile 5.x is regarded as the worst.

Features

Stock kernel
    OTA updates from Google disabled
    External SD permissions for app's added
    Worldwide APNs
    Nova launcher
    Long press recents
    USB debugging notification disabled
    Nexus UI sounds
    Advanced reboot menu
    App ops
    Updated Google Apps

Installation instructions

Make sure you are using the latest modem and recovery for your variant, TWRP preferred
    1) Full wipe
    2) Flash ROM
    3) Flash SuperSU (Optional)
    4) Reboot

Download

10/05/2018 build - Download here
    md5: a801013bc5c8b22153934bf6edc24ea2

Code:
    Changelog

[B]10/05/2018[/B]
    -Updated Google Play Services
    -Updated all Play Store apps

[B]01/28/2018[/B]
    -Fixed all camera related issues (Panorama mode etc)
    -Updated Google Play Services
    -Updated Google Play Store
    -Removed Google Search from /system/priv-app

[B]01/17/2018[/B]
    -Updated Google dialer

[B]01/16/2018[/B]
    -Added tethering line to build.prop

[B]01/13/2018[/B]
    -Started with clean build of the official 4.4.4 GPE factory image
    -Implemented many fixes including ext storage permissions, world wide APNs, etc.
    -Added native advanced reboot menu
    -Enabled app ops
    -Updated all Google Apps to 2018 versions
    -OTA updates from Google are disabled for good
    Credits

amarullz - AROMA installer
    JustArchi - Kitchen for System.img dump
    dvtonder - cLock
    CyanogenMod - Opensource cherry picks
    googy_anas - Kernel
    XDA moderators
    MJHawaii - Always providing solid i9505-g odins
    Jimbju - Menu/back wake annoyance fix on 4.4.4
    Romhut - Providing excellent hosting
    Github
    @ everyone

As many of you know Android 4.4.3 is just around the corner, test builds have been spotted on just about every device and many sources
    say this month will be the release, I just wanted to give my userbase the piece of mind that I will system dump 4.4.3 and have a ROM out
    within 24 hours of it's release containing every feature/improvement that I currently have in my current 4.4.2 ROM, I have spreadsheets
    prepared with all my needed changes with notes to make the implementation that much easier, my goal is to ship only 2 releases of 4.4.3
    when it launches, the first one will contain proper autobrightness, reboot menu, home button lag fix, SD write permissions and absolute minimal
    bloat to allow user customization, my 2nd release will go live once I'm done themeing that horrible new dialer I saw pictures of.
    many of you may have noticed I redid 4.3 not to long ago for a couple reasons, 1) 4.3 is preferred to some ppl and 2) practice, I want all the development
    fresh in my mind for the real ROM, which will be 4.4.3

I would also like to take this time to thank all my donators, you guys are extremely awesome and are helping me through some pretty tough times
    you guys are awesome!!! I can't wait to hear feedback once 4.4.3 ships and I get it out to you guys, there is no doubt in mind that my ROM gets better on screen time then any GPE ROM using
    stock Samsung dyanmic autobrightness, the AOSP values just destroy them in every way shape and form.

cheers and have a great night everyone, and remember my personal goal is to keep as many of you S4 users from upgrading as I can, I want everyone to not feel the need to update this device for another year, this will ultimately save you some cash too ;) I WILL not ditch this userbase for another device, I have every intention in keeping my S4.

Dan
    Reserved

reserved
    HOW DARE YOU DO AN UPDATE DAN! HOW DARE YOU MAKE MY PHONE BETTER!!!

12/10/2013
    -FULL WIPE! This is a big one
    -4.4.2 Camera (Focus is much better)
    -4.4.2 Gallery (this had a few updates with the effects in image editor)
    -Nova Launcher kit kat stable (released today, only 3mb)
    -Removed Google Experience Launcher (15 mb)
    -Improvements to the MMS theme (List font is now white, date/time now white, new images)
    -Added full init.d support (busybox runparts)
    -Removed HP Print plug in (useless bloat)
    -Added xuiMod module (Animation editor, list view, battery bar + more)

*tip toes away*