[ROM]【4.4.4】Google Play Edition【JFLTE-GPE】 - Oct 5th, 2018

Search This thread

Sean89us

Aug 1, 2010
Gautier, MS
Guys,

I'm on rooted OK2 build AT&T model i337. I flashed this via flashfire and when it rebooted it said "software not authorized by AT&T was found on your device" and would not boot. What gives? In the past this was always based on the latest touchwiz. Is that not the case anymore? I even flashed the OK2 kernel over it as a test but it didn't boot.

Edit: went through several pages of comments and got my answer. we should probably move this from the AT&T S4 page to the Unified page.

Last edited:
Guys,

I'm on rooted OK2 build AT&T model i337. I flashed this via flashfire and when it rebooted it said "software not authorized by AT&T was found on your device" and would not boot. What gives? In the past this was always based on the latest touchwiz. Is that not the case anymore? I even flashed the OK2 kernel over it as a test but it didn't boot.

Edit: went through several pages of comments and got my answer. we should probably move this from the AT&T S4 page to the Unified page.

Sorry for your issues but it does say in the first post this is based on the Google Play Edition (GPE) ROM which would most definitely not be Touchwiz.

Also as far as I know this ROM is built specifically for the AT&T S4 (i337) so this is the correct place for it. I don't think you can run this ROM on any other model of S4.

Nope, this ROM is built for the i9505 and i337m versions.
Although I think it can be installed on the AT&T version flashing some special files.

Forgot about that. Regarding the AT&T version you need a LOKI patched kernel to run and it only works if you have an older bootloader. I think this ROM already has a LOKI patched kernel and in any case it's easy to patch any kernel using LOKI-DOKI

droiduzr2

Jan 26, 2011
No offense but I tried that one and it was a huge mistake. This one has less native tweaks but has superior performance and battery life. All other personalization stuff can be made with Xposed modules ;)

Where do you get all of the Xposed features from?
I like all of the customized option in the PACMAn ROM 5.1.

Can anyone let me know, thanks.

Where do you get all of the Xposed features from?
I like all of the customized option in the PACMAn ROM 5.1.

Can anyone let me know, thanks.

You need to first install the Xposed installer:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

The installer will help you install the framework as well as the modules.

Once you have the framework installed you can start installing other modules. There are many modules that do lots of different things.

GravityBox is I believe by far the most popular module that offers a ton of customization, make sure you install the Lollipop (LP) version for this ROM. (Look for "GravityBox [LP]")

What modules you install is up to you, personally in addition to GravityBox I install AppOpsXposed which enables the App Ops functionality in settings which allows me to deny specific permissions to individual apps (for example I deny Keep Awake on lots of apps to save battery life). I also install Downloads2SD which allows me to force apps that don't support SD card storage (such as the Google Camera) to save/use files on my removable storage.

droiduzr2

Jan 26, 2011
thx for the detailed explanation
essentially we can use a stock rooted rom and install Xposed with the modules to give you the features in PACROM???

You need to first install the Xposed installer:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

The installer will help you install the framework as well as the modules.

Once you have the framework installed you can start installing other modules. There are many modules that do lots of different things.

GravityBox is I believe by far the most popular module that offers a ton of customization, make sure you install the Lollipop (LP) version for this ROM. (Look for "GravityBox [LP]")

What modules you install is up to you, personally in addition to GravityBox I install AppOpsXposed which enables the App Ops functionality in settings which allows me to deny specific permissions to individual apps (for example I deny Keep Awake on lots of apps to save battery life). I also install Downloads2SD which allows me to force apps that don't support SD card storage (such as the Google Camera) to save/use files on my removable storage.

duendemago

Jul 31, 2013
Mexico City
@Danvdh I hope we could get a great update sooner than later. The "close all" apps recently opened it's a very missed feature. The video stuttering can be worked around but is still there. I also noticed that installing Xposed makes boot loops (which is something the Xposed dev just announced at his thread...something is wrong with Samsung ROMS, but this is a GPE ROM, so I don't know what is going on :p ). When new update comes let me know so we can send you some nice Tequila to you!!

nasapunk88

Aug 9, 2008
Hi,

Just got the ROM installed over the weekend and love it so far. However, I'm getting a black bar when I pull down on the status bar... Anyone know where this issue is coming from?
https://goo.gl/photos/EatFpWU8Nae25xEu8
Yeah this is a bug that's been around for awhile. It happens when you expand the Wifi/Bluetooth section in your notification area and then leave that new "popup" area without clicking on the "Done" button. To fix, just expand the Wifi (or bluetooth) section and click "Done".

duendemago

Jul 31, 2013
Mexico City
Guys do you also have this bug: No missing calls notifications? I can see the calls as "entry calls" at the phone app when I click it, but whenever I can't respond to a call or I didn't noticed someone called me there should be a notification but I don't know how to activate it...greetings!

pironic

Mar 3, 2011
Calgary
i'm incredibly sad that i just spend the last 30 minutes reading back ~15 pages and i seem to be the only one having the problem i am. My wife's phone is an i337m and she's on Koodo here in canada. Her phone keeps unregistering itself from the network. I can manually go back into the Select Mobile Network and select "auto" to re-register and it'll work for 2 minutes, but then it'll disable itself again randomly. Without a mobile network connection, this is just non-operational. the first alarm bell is that it only shows Bell, Telus and Rogers in the mobile network selector. I know koodo is owned by telus and selecting telus will work but...

going to try that goldeneye rom now, but if anyone has any suggestions for me, i'd be happy to come back to this.

I did try several modems, 1 of which i know to have worked on Cyanogen 11. (modem_CWM_I337MUMUAMDJ)

MikeRWK

Mar 29, 2013
Behind You
Samsung Galaxy A50
i'm incredibly sad that i just spend the last 30 minutes reading back ~15 pages and i seem to be the only one having the problem i am. My wife's phone is an i337m and she's on Koodo here in canada. Her phone keeps unregistering itself from the network. I can manually go back into the Select Mobile Network and select "auto" to re-register and it'll work for 2 minutes, but then it'll disable itself again randomly. Without a mobile network connection, this is just non-operational. the first alarm bell is that it only shows Bell, Telus and Rogers in the mobile network selector. I know koodo is owned by telus and selecting telus will work but...

going to try that goldeneye rom now, but if anyone has any suggestions for me, i'd be happy to come back to this.

I did try several modems, 1 of which i know to have worked on Cyanogen 11. (modem_CWM_I337MUMUAMDJ)

Go to "Access Point Names" and select koodo

duendemago

Jul 31, 2013
Mexico City

I have never had this issue and I have same model as your wife's. I guess @MikeRWK is right: you should check the general config of your phone related to networks. Good luck!

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Installed this rom last night, I noticed even though mobile data is off the little 'switch' on the data tab on the quick settings menu stays in the on position.Is there any way to fix this?
This is a known bug. It won't escalate to something worst at all, so don't worry. The dev is not updating this ROM any more, so I guess this bugs will remain.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JFLTE-GPE 4.4.4

3g9XUOu.jpg

Q: What is Google Play Edition?

A: GPE is stock Android compiled by Samsung, it offers the stability of touchwiz with the aesthetics of pure stock AOSP. All drivers for Camera (Including HDR), Bluetooth, GPS, are official proprietary so there will be no issues.

Q: Why 4.4.4 kitkat?
    A: This basically sums it up, 4.4.4 is regarded as one of the best releases ever, meanwhile 5.x is regarded as the worst.

Features

Stock kernel
    OTA updates from Google disabled
    External SD permissions for app's added
    Worldwide APNs
    Nova launcher
    Long press recents
    USB debugging notification disabled
    Nexus UI sounds
    Advanced reboot menu
    App ops
    Updated Google Apps

Installation instructions

Make sure you are using the latest modem and recovery for your variant, TWRP preferred
    1) Full wipe
    2) Flash ROM
    3) Flash SuperSU (Optional)
    4) Reboot

Download

10/05/2018 build - Download here
    md5: a801013bc5c8b22153934bf6edc24ea2

Code:
    Changelog

[B]10/05/2018[/B]
    -Updated Google Play Services
    -Updated all Play Store apps

[B]01/28/2018[/B]
    -Fixed all camera related issues (Panorama mode etc)
    -Updated Google Play Services
    -Updated Google Play Store
    -Removed Google Search from /system/priv-app

[B]01/17/2018[/B]
    -Updated Google dialer

[B]01/16/2018[/B]
    -Added tethering line to build.prop

[B]01/13/2018[/B]
    -Started with clean build of the official 4.4.4 GPE factory image
    -Implemented many fixes including ext storage permissions, world wide APNs, etc.
    -Added native advanced reboot menu
    -Enabled app ops
    -Updated all Google Apps to 2018 versions
    -OTA updates from Google are disabled for good
    Credits

amarullz - AROMA installer
    JustArchi - Kitchen for System.img dump
    dvtonder - cLock
    CyanogenMod - Opensource cherry picks
    googy_anas - Kernel
    XDA moderators
    MJHawaii - Always providing solid i9505-g odins
    Jimbju - Menu/back wake annoyance fix on 4.4.4
    Romhut - Providing excellent hosting
    Github
    @ everyone

As many of you know Android 4.4.3 is just around the corner, test builds have been spotted on just about every device and many sources
    say this month will be the release, I just wanted to give my userbase the piece of mind that I will system dump 4.4.3 and have a ROM out
    within 24 hours of it's release containing every feature/improvement that I currently have in my current 4.4.2 ROM, I have spreadsheets
    prepared with all my needed changes with notes to make the implementation that much easier, my goal is to ship only 2 releases of 4.4.3
    when it launches, the first one will contain proper autobrightness, reboot menu, home button lag fix, SD write permissions and absolute minimal
    bloat to allow user customization, my 2nd release will go live once I'm done themeing that horrible new dialer I saw pictures of.
    many of you may have noticed I redid 4.3 not to long ago for a couple reasons, 1) 4.3 is preferred to some ppl and 2) practice, I want all the development
    fresh in my mind for the real ROM, which will be 4.4.3

I would also like to take this time to thank all my donators, you guys are extremely awesome and are helping me through some pretty tough times
    you guys are awesome!!! I can't wait to hear feedback once 4.4.3 ships and I get it out to you guys, there is no doubt in mind that my ROM gets better on screen time then any GPE ROM using
    stock Samsung dyanmic autobrightness, the AOSP values just destroy them in every way shape and form.

cheers and have a great night everyone, and remember my personal goal is to keep as many of you S4 users from upgrading as I can, I want everyone to not feel the need to update this device for another year, this will ultimately save you some cash too ;) I WILL not ditch this userbase for another device, I have every intention in keeping my S4.

Dan
    Reserved

reserved
    HOW DARE YOU DO AN UPDATE DAN! HOW DARE YOU MAKE MY PHONE BETTER!!!

12/10/2013
    -FULL WIPE! This is a big one
    -4.4.2 Camera (Focus is much better)
    -4.4.2 Gallery (this had a few updates with the effects in image editor)
    -Nova Launcher kit kat stable (released today, only 3mb)
    -Removed Google Experience Launcher (15 mb)
    -Improvements to the MMS theme (List font is now white, date/time now white, new images)
    -Added full init.d support (busybox runparts)
    -Removed HP Print plug in (useless bloat)
    -Added xuiMod module (Animation editor, list view, battery bar + more)

*tip toes away*