[ROM]【4.4.4】Google Play Edition【JFLTE-GPE】 - Oct 5th, 2018

Search This thread

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada
JFLTE-GPE 4.4.4

3g9XUOu.jpg

Q: What is Google Play Edition?

A: GPE is stock Android compiled by Samsung, it offers the stability of touchwiz with the aesthetics of pure stock AOSP. All drivers for Camera (Including HDR), Bluetooth, GPS, are official proprietary so there will be no issues.

Q: Why 4.4.4 kitkat?
A: This basically sums it up, 4.4.4 is regarded as one of the best releases ever, meanwhile 5.x is regarded as the worst.

Features

Stock kernel
OTA updates from Google disabled
External SD permissions for app's added
Worldwide APNs
Nova launcher
Long press recents
USB debugging notification disabled
Nexus UI sounds
Advanced reboot menu
App ops
Updated Google Apps

Installation instructions

Make sure you are using the latest modem and recovery for your variant, TWRP preferred
1) Full wipe
2) Flash ROM
3) Flash SuperSU (Optional)
4) Reboot

Download

10/05/2018 build - Download here
md5: a801013bc5c8b22153934bf6edc24ea2

Code:
Changelog

[B]10/05/2018[/B]
-Updated Google Play Services
-Updated all Play Store apps

[B]01/28/2018[/B]
-Fixed all camera related issues (Panorama mode etc)
-Updated Google Play Store
-Removed Google Search from /system/priv-app

[B]01/17/2018[/B]
-Updated Google dialer

[B]01/16/2018[/B]
-Added tethering line to build.prop

[B]01/13/2018[/B]
-Started with clean build of the official 4.4.4 GPE factory image
-Implemented many fixes including ext storage permissions, world wide APNs, etc.
-Added native advanced reboot menu
-Enabled app ops
-Updated all Google Apps to 2018 versions
-OTA updates from Google are disabled for good

Last edited:

neo4uo

Nov 27, 2010
Alabama
Welcome to the ATT side and thanks for your contribution!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Pumped abt the att release can't wait to flash

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

should be good, just had to verify some things, I've thoroughly tested this build and its sweet. I'll post my kernel settings tomorrow :).

follow install instructions in the OP, AT&T users must flash loki doki assuming the bootloader lets them, please provide feedback.

Last edited:

tylerholbrook

Feb 20, 2011
Nice Dan. Was running dandroid on my s3 before I got the s4. Was wondering when I'd see some of your work over here. Jumped ship to att? Glad I can still run att roms on t mobile but I always come back to t mobile roms because of wifi calling. Downloading now to play around.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

D00lie

Jul 9, 2011
Hey Dan,

Rom is running great on my rogers i337m, love it.

I guess if we want Pictures2SD, we can just use the apk that's been floating around?

KINGDROID25

May 25, 2011
Lost Angeles
should be good, just had to verify some things, I've thoroughly tested this build and its sweet. I'll post my kernel settings tomorrow :).

follow install instructions in the OP, AT&T users must flash loki doki assuming the bootloader lets them, please provide feedback.

So do I flash the same file tht reads jfltecan and tmo on my jflteatt??..

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

gangsta101

Feb 9, 2007
Brampton
Any help with Samsung Link

Wonderful ROM Dan, Thanks for the upload. Great speed, and everything seems to work with no issues so far. can't get the Kitkat launcher to work yet, keeps requesting for google search even after installing, but I'm sure i can fix that.

It sucks to own the an expensive smartphone and yet be the last to get a routine update, damn Samsung.

Just a noob question if you don't mind. The only feature of TW i love is the Samsung link app. the fact that it flawlessly connects to my laptop for file exploration is just amazing. so is there anyway to install it on this ROM? I can live without it, but life would not really be the same.

Just a noob question if you don't mind. The only feature of TW i love is the Samsung link app. the fact that it flawlessly connects to my laptop for file exploration is just amazing. so is there anyway to install it on this ROM? I can live without it, but life would not really be the same.
Do you mean Kies via wifi? If so, check out Airdroid. PM me if you have any questions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JFLTE-GPE 4.4.4

3g9XUOu.jpg

Q: What is Google Play Edition?

A: GPE is stock Android compiled by Samsung, it offers the stability of touchwiz with the aesthetics of pure stock AOSP. All drivers for Camera (Including HDR), Bluetooth, GPS, are official proprietary so there will be no issues.

Q: Why 4.4.4 kitkat?
    A: This basically sums it up, 4.4.4 is regarded as one of the best releases ever, meanwhile 5.x is regarded as the worst.

Features

Stock kernel
    OTA updates from Google disabled
    External SD permissions for app's added
    Worldwide APNs
    Nova launcher
    Long press recents
    USB debugging notification disabled
    Nexus UI sounds
    Advanced reboot menu
    App ops
    Updated Google Apps

Installation instructions

Make sure you are using the latest modem and recovery for your variant, TWRP preferred
    1) Full wipe
    2) Flash ROM
    3) Flash SuperSU (Optional)
    4) Reboot

Download

10/05/2018 build - Download here
    md5: a801013bc5c8b22153934bf6edc24ea2

Code:
    Changelog

[B]10/05/2018[/B]
    -Updated all Play Store apps

[B]01/28/2018[/B]
    -Fixed all camera related issues (Panorama mode etc)
    -Updated Google Play Store
    -Removed Google Search from /system/priv-app

[B]01/17/2018[/B]
    -Updated Google dialer

[B]01/16/2018[/B]
    -Added tethering line to build.prop

[B]01/13/2018[/B]
    -Started with clean build of the official 4.4.4 GPE factory image
    -Implemented many fixes including ext storage permissions, world wide APNs, etc.
    -Added native advanced reboot menu
    -Enabled app ops
    -Updated all Google Apps to 2018 versions
    -OTA updates from Google are disabled for good
    Credits

amarullz - AROMA installer
    JustArchi - Kitchen for System.img dump
    dvtonder - cLock
    CyanogenMod - Opensource cherry picks
    googy_anas - Kernel
    XDA moderators
    MJHawaii - Always providing solid i9505-g odins
    Jimbju - Menu/back wake annoyance fix on 4.4.4
    Romhut - Providing excellent hosting
    Github
    @ everyone

As many of you know Android 4.4.3 is just around the corner, test builds have been spotted on just about every device and many sources
    say this month will be the release, I just wanted to give my userbase the piece of mind that I will system dump 4.4.3 and have a ROM out
    within 24 hours of it's release containing every feature/improvement that I currently have in my current 4.4.2 ROM, I have spreadsheets
    prepared with all my needed changes with notes to make the implementation that much easier, my goal is to ship only 2 releases of 4.4.3
    when it launches, the first one will contain proper autobrightness, reboot menu, home button lag fix, SD write permissions and absolute minimal
    bloat to allow user customization, my 2nd release will go live once I'm done themeing that horrible new dialer I saw pictures of.
    many of you may have noticed I redid 4.3 not to long ago for a couple reasons, 1) 4.3 is preferred to some ppl and 2) practice, I want all the development
    fresh in my mind for the real ROM, which will be 4.4.3

I would also like to take this time to thank all my donators, you guys are extremely awesome and are helping me through some pretty tough times
    you guys are awesome!!! I can't wait to hear feedback once 4.4.3 ships and I get it out to you guys, there is no doubt in mind that my ROM gets better on screen time then any GPE ROM using
    stock Samsung dyanmic autobrightness, the AOSP values just destroy them in every way shape and form.

cheers and have a great night everyone, and remember my personal goal is to keep as many of you S4 users from upgrading as I can, I want everyone to not feel the need to update this device for another year, this will ultimately save you some cash too ;) I WILL not ditch this userbase for another device, I have every intention in keeping my S4.

Dan
    Reserved

reserved
    HOW DARE YOU DO AN UPDATE DAN! HOW DARE YOU MAKE MY PHONE BETTER!!!

12/10/2013
    -FULL WIPE! This is a big one
    -4.4.2 Camera (Focus is much better)
    -4.4.2 Gallery (this had a few updates with the effects in image editor)
    -Nova Launcher kit kat stable (released today, only 3mb)
    -Removed Google Experience Launcher (15 mb)
    -Improvements to the MMS theme (List font is now white, date/time now white, new images)
    -Added full init.d support (busybox runparts)
    -Removed HP Print plug in (useless bloat)
    -Added xuiMod module (Animation editor, list view, battery bar + more)

*tip toes away*