• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [4.4.4] [HAMMERHEAD] The Schism - 1.1-BETA2 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

ps000000

Sep 17, 2011
Nonthaburi / Bangkok
I will try this first , will ask later .... downloading ....

:silly:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I found it is hard to read grey text with transparent white background.
(in some app no text appear , ie. MX Player Setting menu (some menu) only transparent white background shown)

Last edited:

moneyolo

May 17, 2013
Noticed you guys build for a lot of nexus devices, would you consider building for nexus 10? Seems to get left out a lot lol just wondering. Thanks!
We mostly build for the devices we own so we can test before giving it to the public. Currently, we don't own P3100, i9300, or Grouper but still build for it and they have gotten into some issues. So it would be great to get maintainers for it.

Reactions: Syk69

hondajohn88

Jul 30, 2013
Upland
Truly an awesome ROM!

I installed this last week and have been running it without any problems. Generally, I'll find a nice ROM with really cool features only to find that one or two critical things (to me) don't work, such as bluetooth in my car. I was hoping this ROM connected to my car via bluetooth, and it did. Happy!

I'm presently running it on ART, but I have a backup running Dalvik. Both run great.

The only suggestions I have for this are the pop up menus having more contrast & less transparency, however this seems to have been addressed in this morning's update.
The other suggestion is for a movable/customizable trigger area for the app side bar circle. Sometimes it gets in the way of other inputs and the app side bar circle opens instead of my intended input.

Other than that, I'm really happy with this ROM, the features that are in it, the theme you've chosen and the stability it has.

Thank you very much for the excellent work!!

jwhyte

May 29, 2013
Milwaukee
Running very smooth here paired with elementalx. Only things it's missing is to have an in call through heads up option, always expanded notifications in heads up and the option to open in floating window with tap on heads up.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Schism - A Bright Future, from a Dark Past

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"]Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.

Introduction
    A new Android ROM called The Schism. The Schism is an Android ROM that is a bit different than others. The Schism strives to bridge the gap between Android OS and Google Apps. Along with our ROM being inspired by Google Apps UI, we are also a ROM based off Mahdi-Rom so we have a load of great and useful features like Lockscreen Notifications (AOSPAL), Active Display (CHAOS), Heads UP (CM), SlimPIE (SLIM) and much more!

Download links:
    Download the latest The Schism for your device:
    The Schism Downloads

Want to know what is going on in The Schism? View the sources:
    The Schism Github

Other links
    Fehlende Übersetzungen für Ihre Sprache? (Missing translations for your language?) Help us translate at our crowdin:
    Translate The Schism

Got dem bugs? Please report them to our JIRA:
    The Schism JIRA

Become social and join our G+ community:
    The Schism G+ Community

Want to know what is in the latest The Schism? Check out our changelogs:
    The Schism Changelogs

Credits
    Code:
    * Mahdi-Rom
    * OmniROM
    * CyanogenMod
    * Dirty Unicorns and Alex Cruz
    * ChameleonOS
    * AOSPAL
    * LiquidSmooth
    * Paranoid Android
    * and many more! Thank you all!
    OK so.....messd with the ROM a bit and really need cm theme engine.....a lot of people won't like the whole....white thing....
    the whole point of the rom is being different than others and incorporating a new light design. why would we ruin it?
    Yeah we dont have theme engine and we never will..
    Thanks for bringing another new rom to Nexus 5 community :angel:
    Very nice!! Can't wait to give this a go, when I get off work

sent from my Paranoid neXus 5